Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
7/7/2015  12:11 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
NYY1NYK2 wrote:This kid can ball, look at his highlights from last season. great passing ability, has a great first step,fake, and uses both hands. His defense can get lazy at times, but he should be our 6th man off the bench and insurance for afflalo.
No clue why fisher played scrubby larkin 38 mins vs ledo 5 to 10, day in and day out

Because fisher had no clue what the hell he was doing

Of course you were hanging out at practice day after day watching Ledo's progress picking up the offense and defense, so you are uniquely qualified to know that Fisher had no clue about what he was doing...
At the exact moment moment Fisher *should* have been teaching Ledo to be an NBA star he was instead thinking of how best to ruin the Knicks draft position.

so we played larkin 38 minutes as part of the tank. God forbid he played Ledo more minute we might have made the playoffs, or worse yet, ledo might be worth keeping..like what are you guys getting at, It sounds like your thinking he did good thing by giving him sporadic minutes

Your protecting fisher like he no hand in the horrible season we just witness, even he himself has excepted blame.

not protecting Fisher. Just not making comments that rank among the dumbest Ive ever read here like not playing Ledo more might have cost the playoffs. Fisher had a very tough season. His veterans were hurt the start the season, his guys in walk years wanted nothing to do with the team and there wasnt much else to lean on.

What are these 38 minutes your talking about? Actually never mind.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
AUTOADVERT
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
7/7/2015  12:14 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
fishmike wrote:good talent, good size, good athleticism... a couple of these guys popping will accelerate the rebuild very quickly. Galloway is very valuable. I wonder if we can get quality minutes from him.

I like Gallo but i'm worried people are expecting too much from him next season. We have to remember that he went undrafted and there is the dreaded sophomore slump so i'm just hoping he can show that he's growing some and give us good minutes. If he ends up starting i'd be surprised.

I see him as the backcourt glue guy. Some 1...some 2.(Yeah...I know we don't use those terms.)

He is a better outside shooter than he showed last year. Will benefit being off the ball more of the time, IMO.

He can also defend at both positions.

this... Galloway doesnt have to be a star. I see him as a poor man John Starks with a better handle. He can shoot, play D, brings his lunch pale to work, fearless on both ends and doesnt think too much, just do what the coach says and play hard.

If I had to guess on his career I would say 12ppg, 4rebs, 4assists, 1.5 stls and many years of tough gritty play and a crowd favorite. A winner. Thats a great find for an undrafted player. Great teams are made of guys like that

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
WaltLongmire
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5843

7/7/2015  12:38 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
NYY1NYK2 wrote:This kid can ball, look at his highlights from last season. great passing ability, has a great first step,fake, and uses both hands. His defense can get lazy at times, but he should be our 6th man off the bench and insurance for afflalo.
No clue why fisher played scrubby larkin 38 mins vs ledo 5 to 10, day in and day out

Of course you were hanging out at practice day after day watching Ledo's progress picking up the offense and defense, so you are uniquely qualified to know that Fisher had no clue about what he was doing...
At the exact moment moment Fisher *should* have been teaching Ledo to be an NBA star he was instead thinking of how best to ruin the Knicks draft position.

so we played larkin 38 minutes as part of the tank. God forbid he played Ledo more minute we might have made the playoffs, or worse yet, ledo might be worth keeping..like what are you guys getting at, It sounds like your thinking he did good thing by giving him sporadic minutes

Your protecting fisher like he no hand in the horrible season we just witness, even he himself has excepted blame.

I think the Knicks were looking at Larkin as a potential contributor for this season- they gave him time, and determined he was not worth the money. If Larkin does something in the future, you can't say that the Knicks never gave him a chance.

If what we read is true, the Knicks have spent a pretty good amount of time working with Ledo. That would indicate in interest in him, and a belief that he might be a diamond in the rough. You don't spend 2.5 months with a kid if you don't think he has the potential to contribute.

So lets see...we got Larkin in a trade, gave him enough playing time show his stuff, and then let him go.

We picked up an out of shape DL player, Ledo, gave him some time and a contract that gives us some control over him, and have spent time and effort during the off season trying to help him improve as a player. We also know that he has been working on his own to improve his game, too.

So how did we actually screw up... and obviously we thought Ledo worth keeping...because we kept him...and have worked with him...and he will be on our SL team!

Larkin out-Ledo still standing...Am I missing something here?

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
RonRon
Member: #246
7/7/2015  12:52 PM
Prior to the draft, there were many posters here that had interest in him, saw him any where from mid 20 draft pick to anywhere in the 2nd round, selected but cut by Dallas
With his comparisons being a young JR Smith to even Durant, he went undrafted, despite the potential to be a deadly scorer

IMO, he is a 6th man type player (he must develop in to, while working on his all round game, weakness's in defense, creating for others, and playing off the ball, so he doesn't have just a scorer's mentality and not do anything else, similar to JR Smith, I see him being more of a undersized SF, lacking the speed/quickness/handle to play and defend SG
However, last season, he was out of shape, NBA SHAPE, as he is playing vs a higher level of competition, and after working hard on his game this summer, he is a solid SG/SF *hopefully works on his weakness's)

TPercy
Member: #5748

7/7/2015  12:55 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/7/2015  12:56 PM
Behind Grant, Ledo is my second favourite young bucket. Anybody who watches him play can easily see that he is talented. He is a very crafty penetrator, good passer, good rebounder, and his defense is improving. I wont be supresied if he ends up putting 15-6-5 one day.
The Future is Bright!
TPercy

7/7/2015  12:57 PM

That move on Beal
The Future is Bright!
smackeddog
Member: #883
7/7/2015  12:59 PM
I wish Early had some of his fire- hopefully the hard work will pay off. Is he playing in the summer league? Even if this season is a stinker we have lots of young players we can watch develop: Ledo, Porzingis, Grant, Williams, Gallo, O'Quinn, maybe Shved if we sign him. Makes a change for us!
knicks1248
Member: #582
7/7/2015  1:04 PM
fishmike wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

not protecting Fisher. Just not making comments that rank among the dumbest Ive ever read here like not playing Ledo more might have cost the playoffs. Fisher had a very tough season. His veterans were hurt the start the season, his guys in walk years wanted nothing to do with the team and there wasnt much else to lean on.

dude, all im saying is that anyone who states fisher didn't do a even halfway decent job, you give him a million excuses. I know the roster was trash, but why not play a guy who you have plans on keeping, instead of a guy you have zero interest in.

Ledo wouldn't have been the difference maker, but more PT wouldn't have been a bad Idea

ES
technomaster
Member: #426
USA
7/7/2015  1:07 PM
Galloway already averaged more rebounds than Starks ever did in his career. (Though to be fair, Starks didn't really need to grab boards with the likes of Ewing/Oakley/Mase/LJ/Charles Smith/XMan on the team.

And Starks was an underrated ball handler - at least to the extent that he averaged low turnovers over the course of his career. 1.8 TO's while playing 27.2mpg. Pretty solid A/TO ratio of 2.0 - also impressive considering he spent most of his time at SG.

I wonder if Galloway has a lot of room to grow, given that he already got big minutes as a rookie. In my highly scientific (and unproven) research, I've found that few players actually get much better statistically. Most of their production scales based on usage.

Galloway's rebounding and assist totals were pretty solid for guard with starter minutes, as were his TOs. All in all, solid player - more production than we were getting than the superior physical specimens Tim JR, JR, and Shump. Most players can score more if you give them more shots.

But back to the player on topic, Ledo's per 36 numbers project pretty well (he played 20mpg as a Knick) - 14ppg/3apg/5rpg. The number to be wary of is his 35.6% FG - and his 3.6TO/g. We're convincing ourselves that he can be a more efficient scorer if he's in better shape, if he knows the system, if he has better spacers on the floor with him.

“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
anrst
Member: #1054
USA
7/7/2015  1:07 PM
smackeddog wrote:I wish Early had some of his fire- hopefully the hard work will pay off. Is he playing in the summer league? Even if this season is a stinker we have lots of young players we can watch develop: Ledo, Porzingis, Grant, Williams, Gallo, O'Quinn, maybe Shved if we sign him. Makes a change for us!

yep. Early has been a HUGE disapointment. I know he was just a second rounder, but i expected to see much more confidence.

kid had such a dear in headlights look last year. Looked like he has no business being in the NBA.

TPercy

7/7/2015  1:14 PM
Early just needs to start playing with more confidence...He got sent down to the D League then started putting up 20 and 11 and was playing like it was so easy. He needs to do that in the NBA.
The Future is Bright!
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
7/7/2015  1:14 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

dude, all im saying is that anyone who states fisher didn't do a even halfway decent job, you give him a million excuses. I know the roster was trash, but why not play a guy who you have plans on keeping, instead of a guy you have zero interest in.

Ledo wouldn't have been the difference maker, but more PT wouldn't have been a bad Idea

The guy that got Ledo's minutes was Hardaway. Remember how well Tim played in those last few games? Now it appears that Phil/Fisher may have been showcasing Tim. He had a great game against the hawks and the Hawks traded the 19th pick for him.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
mreinman
Member: #3189

7/7/2015  1:15 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

The guy that got Ledo's minutes was Hardaway. Remember how well Tim played in those last few games? Now it appears that Phil/Fisher may have been showcasing Tim. He had a great game against the hawks and the Hawks traded the 19th pick for him.

ha! maybe ...

perhaps then something good came out of it

so here is what phil is thinking ....
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
7/7/2015  1:23 PM
fishmike wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
fishmike wrote:good talent, good size, good athleticism... a couple of these guys popping will accelerate the rebuild very quickly. Galloway is very valuable. I wonder if we can get quality minutes from him.

I like Gallo but i'm worried people are expecting too much from him next season. We have to remember that he went undrafted and there is the dreaded sophomore slump so i'm just hoping he can show that he's growing some and give us good minutes. If he ends up starting i'd be surprised.

I see him as the backcourt glue guy. Some 1...some 2.(Yeah...I know we don't use those terms.)

He is a better outside shooter than he showed last year. Will benefit being off the ball more of the time, IMO.

He can also defend at both positions.

this... Galloway doesnt have to be a star. I see him as a poor man John Starks with a better handle. He can shoot, play D, brings his lunch pale to work, fearless on both ends and doesnt think too much, just do what the coach says and play hard.

If I had to guess on his career I would say 12ppg, 4rebs, 4assists, 1.5 stls and many years of tough gritty play and a crowd favorite. A winner. Thats a great find for an undrafted player. Great teams are made of guys like that

Gallo reminds me a bit of Maurice Cheeks - probably the reason he wasn't drafted - too plain & vanilla for Today's NBA!

NYY1NYK2
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #3067

7/7/2015  1:31 PM
fishmike wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

I am clearly exaggerating with the 38 MPG, but he played larkin a ton of mins, When he sucked!!! We knew he wasnt coming back regardless of how he performed hence we didnt pick up the option WAY IN ADVANCE. lets be serious , if his last name was any other than larkin, he wouldnt even of been drafted. And no one said starting ledo wouldve got us a playoff birth, but if we are gonna be playing mop-up ball, then let it atleast be guys who have potential.
We brought back the scrub that is amundson, when whiteside was waiting for his shot in the D league. Amundson was and is not a trade chip, and guess what nobody wants him. SO my point and many other posters on here is that if were gonna tank, lets tank while developing young talent that we see as pieces of the puzzle moving forward.

GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
7/7/2015  2:07 PM
Early was not healthy. He kept getting hurt when he had opportunity to play.

I am not ready to give up on him yet.

I think Ledo has higher upside however and I would like to see him get the opportunity first. Ledo had high potential out of HS, there is a reason for that. As he gets older, he will get wiser (maybe) and that may allow him to flourish. ALso I am sure Fish and PJax will have a good influence.

PJax is using all means to build a team and I believe it is speeding up the process. The team is much younger but also filled with higher caliber players. DWill was a #2 pick. Ledo was highly rated. JGrant, RoLo, Afflalo are all 1st rounders...If KP can ball even a little this year, I think the playoffs are likely.

That will help atttract FA's next year and fill in the missing pieces.

smackeddog
Member: #883
7/7/2015  2:21 PM
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:Early was not healthy. He kept getting hurt when he had opportunity to play.

I am not ready to give up on him yet.

I think Ledo has higher upside however and I would like to see him get the opportunity first. Ledo had high potential out of HS, there is a reason for that. As he gets older, he will get wiser (maybe) and that may allow him to flourish. ALso I am sure Fish and PJax will have a good influence.

PJax is using all means to build a team and I believe it is speeding up the process. The team is much younger but also filled with higher caliber players. DWill was a #2 pick. Ledo was highly rated. JGrant, RoLo, Afflalo are all 1st rounders...If KP can ball even a little this year, I think the playoffs are likely.

That will help atttract FA's next year and fill in the missing pieces.

I'm not giving up on him yet, but I am saying if he doesn't get rid of the deer-in-the-headlights mentality he's not going to make it. Fisher aimed some comments his way about it during the season, talking about how the players had to start playing like they belong rather than thinking the opposing players are better than them. Also there were some rumblings about his work ethic, with I think Fisher saying that Early didn't put enough work in, which is why he kept getting injured

RonRon
Member: #246
7/7/2015  4:37 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/7/2015  4:41 PM
Would Early get consideration from Toronto for James Johnson?

James Johnson has been a target of mine since 2010 and would elevate our DEFENSE with SF/PF's like Lebron/Paul George/Jimmy Butler/Tobias Harris, Derozan/Carroll, Millsap/Korver/Scott/, Giannes/Parker/Middleton/MCW and could be used on SG's and PG's at times like Wall/Beal and James Harden

He barely played last year int the FINALS and is an expiring at 2.5m, signing a 2year deal last summer
Is this a "realistic" and "fair" trade, remember that we would hold on to his early bird rights, and at 2.5m, his cap hold would be low, while we surround him with other defenders like Thanasis to learn with him, along with hoping to acquire Wesley Johnson UFA, maybe Gereld Green UFA, and Hackett/Galloway/Thanasis/Affalo

I like Shved but feel Hackett is by far the better defender and would help establish our identity on DEFENSE, he is tough, and good friends with Gallanari, if the price is right, who may be our target next season along with Whiteside, as we are unlikely to land Durant...

With CA, we need players like this, as we do not want Lebron to be defending Lebron/Durant and those type of players....

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
7/7/2015  4:50 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

The Knicks knew what they were dealing with regarding Ledo. You are the one that isn't thinking clearly when it comes to Fish. Why do you think it was necessary to play Ledo big minutes? What he needed to fix wasn't going to get done in the regular season. People have this notion that players actually get better with in game minutes. Sure part of their process of developing has to come in game action but the biggest part of the process is working in the gym on their skills and conditioning etc. Ledo was practically ignored in Dallas and his skills and conditioning suffered. Ledo also needed a lot of work on his understanding of how to fit in the system wasn't going to get significantly better with a few more game minutes. Fish knew that. You're the one who just didn't understand that.

knicks1248
Member: #582
7/7/2015  7:52 PM
nixluva wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

The Knicks knew what they were dealing with regarding Ledo. You are the one that isn't thinking clearly when it comes to Fish. Why do you think it was necessary to play Ledo big minutes? What he needed to fix wasn't going to get done in the regular season. People have this notion that players actually get better with in game minutes. Sure part of their process of developing has to come in game action but the biggest part of the process is working in the gym on their skills and conditioning etc. Ledo was practically ignored in Dallas and his skills and conditioning suffered. Ledo also needed a lot of work on his understanding of how to fit in the system wasn't going to get significantly better with a few more game minutes. Fish knew that. You're the one who just didn't understand that.

Your absolute right, i don't understand, neither do you,and neither did fisher. Were all trying to make sense of it. I don't know if ledo is a pg or sg, i geuss will go with combo guard.

But there is one thing I'm 100% clear on, LEDO is better than Larkin, in more then one way.

ES
Ricky Ledo - Working Hard this off season

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy