Ricky Ledo - Working Hard this off season
Author Thread
GoNyGoNyGo
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #411
USA
7/7/2015  7:54 AM    LAST EDITED: 7/7/2015  8:06 AM
Interesting piece on Ledo.

Seems to get it. Has a good support from his family. He showed signs at the end of last season. He is able to create his own shot and shoots it well.

May be a sleeper for the Knicks this season. I believe he has a partial guarantee??

*Update* - according to Spotrac - He has contract that will pay him just under $1M this season.

http://www.spotrac.com/nba/new-york-knicks/ricky-ledo/

AUTOADVERT
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
7/7/2015  8:16 AM
good talent, good size, good athleticism... a couple of these guys popping will accelerate the rebuild very quickly. Galloway is very valuable. I wonder if we can get quality minutes from him.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
EwingsGlass
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #893
USA
7/7/2015  8:26 AM
Great size for a shooting guard to go along with top notch scoring instincts ... Very advanced handle used to create separation ... Able to create his own shot from a variety of places on the court, adept at changing speeds ... Has a great ability to see the floor, willing passer ... Played PG many times throughout his prep career, can be relied upon as primary ball handler at times ... Potential to guard multiple positions as well as fill multiple positions in an offensive set ... Can stretch the floor, has a high release on his shot ... Quick hands that give him an advantage on both sides of the court ... Finishes well with either hand, hard to force into a weak spot ... Can move quite well laterally, has definite potential to be a solid wing defender ... High basketball IQ, seems to have a natural ability and sense of where to best operate on the floor ... Deceptive athlete if not an explosive one, which is really what makes his offensive skill set something to constantly taken into account as an opposing defender ... Wild card prospect with a lot of upside ...
This is the Randle.
NYY1NYK2
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #3067

7/7/2015  9:19 AM
This kid can ball, look at his highlights from last season. great passing ability, has a great first step,fake, and uses both hands. His defense can get lazy at times, but he should be our 6th man off the bench and insurance for afflalo.
No clue why fisher played scrubby larkin 38 mins vs ledo 5 to 10, day in and day out
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
7/7/2015  9:34 AM
NYY1NYK2 wrote:This kid can ball, look at his highlights from last season. great passing ability, has a great first step,fake, and uses both hands. His defense can get lazy at times, but he should be our 6th man off the bench and insurance for afflalo.
No clue why fisher played scrubby larkin 38 mins vs ledo 5 to 10, day in and day out

I think that had more to do with Calderon being out and needing a PG before getting Shved.

Knicks_Fan
knicks1248
Member: #582
7/7/2015  9:39 AM
NYY1NYK2 wrote:This kid can ball, look at his highlights from last season. great passing ability, has a great first step,fake, and uses both hands. His defense can get lazy at times, but he should be our 6th man off the bench and insurance for afflalo.

Because fisher had no clue what the hell he was doing

ES
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
7/7/2015  9:40 AM
Fish didn't hold Ledo back. The kid wasn't really ready but he played. I expect more from Ledo this year. Really liked his fit for this team.
NYY1NYK2
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #3067

7/7/2015  9:46 AM
I like how he makes decisions in a heartbeat, doesnt get caught up in the dribbling. its either hes scoring or passing, no flashyness. And his range...this kid is truly a gem
Cartman718
Member: #1694

7/7/2015  10:05 AM
sure hope all that hard work pays off for him and us.
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
7/7/2015  10:21 AM
nixluva wrote:Fish didn't hold Ledo back. The kid wasn't really ready but he played. I expect more from Ledo this year. Really liked his fit for this team.

He looked really bad the first couple of games he played. He improved with minutes and better conditioning. It would be great if he can contribute this year.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Rookie
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #2274

7/7/2015  10:29 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
nixluva wrote:Fish didn't hold Ledo back. The kid wasn't really ready but he played. I expect more from Ledo this year. Really liked his fit for this team.

He looked really bad the first couple of games he played. He improved with minutes and better conditioning. It would be great if he can contribute this year.

If you look at this film, he wasn't as bulked up. He was quicker, more explosive and had better leaping ability and body control in the air.

mreinman
Member: #3189

7/7/2015  10:33 AM
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:Interesting piece on Ledo.

Seems to get it. Has a good support from his family. He showed signs at the end of last season. He is able to create his own shot and shoots it well.

May be a sleeper for the Knicks this season. I believe he has a partial guarantee??

*Update* - according to Spotrac - He has contract that will pay him just under $1M this season.

http://www.spotrac.com/nba/new-york-knicks/ricky-ledo/

wow!

I now will really be rooting for this kid.

so here is what phil is thinking ....
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

7/7/2015  10:44 AM
knicks1248 wrote:

Of course you were hanging out at practice day after day watching Ledo's progress picking up the offense and defense, so you are uniquely qualified to know that Fisher had no clue about what he was doing...
EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
stopstandthere
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #6004

7/7/2015  10:51 AM
Good attitude. Hard work. Know his position.

I hope he gets quality minutes.

fishmike
Member: #298
USA
7/7/2015  10:51 AM
WaltLongmire wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Of course you were hanging out at practice day after day watching Ledo's progress picking up the offense and defense, so you are uniquely qualified to know that Fisher had no clue about what he was doing...
At the exact moment moment Fisher *should* have been teaching Ledo to be an NBA star he was instead thinking of how best to ruin the Knicks draft position.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
newyorker4ever
Member: #5816

7/7/2015  10:53 AM
fishmike wrote:good talent, good size, good athleticism... a couple of these guys popping will accelerate the rebuild very quickly. Galloway is very valuable. I wonder if we can get quality minutes from him.

I like Gallo but i'm worried people are expecting too much from him next season. We have to remember that he went undrafted and there is the dreaded sophomore slump so i'm just hoping he can show that he's growing some and give us good minutes. If he ends up starting i'd be surprised.

GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
7/7/2015  11:03 AM
I think this is from this off-season

This kids has talent. On the court with Melo, he could really shine getting open looks and drives to the hoop. If his head is right, he could be the top scorer for the team.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
7/7/2015  11:10 AM
Great video. Thanks for posting it. Rooting for him to be on the team.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
knicks1248
Member: #582
7/7/2015  11:12 AM
fishmike wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

At the exact moment moment Fisher *should* have been teaching Ledo to be an NBA star he was instead thinking of how best to ruin the Knicks draft position.

so we played larkin 38 minutes as part of the tank. God forbid he played Ledo more minute we might have made the playoffs, or worse yet, ledo might be worth keeping..like what are you guys getting at, It sounds like your thinking he did good thing by giving him sporadic minutes

Your protecting fisher like he no hand in the horrible season we just witness, even he himself has excepted blame.

ES
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

7/7/2015  11:14 AM
newyorker4ever wrote:
fishmike wrote:good talent, good size, good athleticism... a couple of these guys popping will accelerate the rebuild very quickly. Galloway is very valuable. I wonder if we can get quality minutes from him.

I like Gallo but i'm worried people are expecting too much from him next season. We have to remember that he went undrafted and there is the dreaded sophomore slump so i'm just hoping he can show that he's growing some and give us good minutes. If he ends up starting i'd be surprised.

I see him as the backcourt glue guy. Some 1...some 2.(Yeah...I know we don't use those terms.)

He is a better outside shooter than he showed last year. Will benefit being off the ball more of the time, IMO.

He can also defend at both positions.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
Ricky Ledo - Working Hard this off season

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy