[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

OT Donlad Trump #2 place now in Republican poll New Hampshire
Author Thread
DrAlphaeus
Posts: 23751
Alba Posts: 10
Joined: 12/19/2007
Member: #1781

7/2/2015  4:37 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/2/2015  4:38 PM
gunsnewing wrote:I don't agree with building a wall around Mexico to stop immigration. I rather it be an open door policy but once you come here you must attempt to integrate as you would anywhere in the world. You must be a contributing member of society. Not just milk the system. I mean is that asking for much? Is that not fair? It shocks me that none of these candidates can come up with a fair plan that is better for every one. Less government spending would mean more money for infrastructure, research and job creation. Since no one has step up to the plate i would be willing to vote for Trump and hope that congress keeps him in check. I know for a fact he will do a much better job handling ISIS and not let them walk all over us

Just wondering: what is your take of Trump's obsession with Obama's birth certificate?

Now he is saying Ted Cruz isn't eligible to run because he was born in Canada. Both of these men were born to American mothers, making them US citizens at birth.

The legal community doesn't agree with his understanding of the phrase "natural born" in the US Constitution. Is his solidarity with the "birther" movement a sign of his boldness or ignorance?

Baba Booey 2016 — "It's Silly Season"
AUTOADVERT
NardDogNation
Posts: 26409
Alba Posts: 4
Joined: 5/7/2013
Member: #5555

7/2/2015  5:50 PM
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:
fishmike wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
fishmike wrote:the choices are terrible as usual, main reason I dont vote. Our country is great but our political system is a joke.

I love Trump running. He's such a tool and I find him loathsome, but he will really piss off the establishment as he's not confined to party lines and playing by rules. Trump adds drama and viewing material, little else.

Trump will work. He's exactly what we need. We need radical change. Cut government spending, get back our values. No more freebies. You can come here but be ready to work your ass off like the immigrants of the past. No more beating and milking the system. No more corrupt officials in power. More money invested in infrastructure and job growth. Time to get down to the real issues not Caitlyn Jenner

He's a horrible human being and a legit scumbag. He has zero chance. If you think politicos are scum you dont know trump... but you will.

Pretty sure Hillary is going to be next POTUS. Oh man... lol


If Trump is a scumbag what does that make Hillary?

I wonder why a very good man like Ben Carson is overlooked by all. The man may be a genius and he performs life saving brain surgeries on kids....for FREE if need be.

That would be refreshing.

Because he has no experience whatsoever in running any kind of government agency. You wouldn't take LeBron and turn him into a baseball player because of his exploits in basketball. This should've been a pretty obvious point. That aside, I'd have to question how much of a "genius" would believe that homosexuality contributes to the fall of empires. Because in the land of the sane, that would make you pretty ****ing retarded and a horrible bigot. In any case, let's not pretend you're voting for Ben Carson. Judging from your post, you sound like a Rick Perry or Ted Cruz kind of guy.

And how is it that Hillary Clinton (who I'm no fan of) is in any way, shape, or form comparable to Donald Trump?

wow...not too opinionated are you? Whatever, you will get what you deserve. Those who run govt agencies are exactly the type we should not have running for office.

Mock the good people while supporting those who only will try to screw all of us. Good luck with that.

You support a party that screws all of us. Both parties have become complicit in that venture but there was only one that initially supported an economic plan that funneled money out of the poor, working and middle class and gave it to the rich for it to then "trickle down".

WaltLongmire
Posts: 27102
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 6/28/2014
Member: #5843

7/2/2015  5:51 PM
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:
fishmike wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
fishmike wrote:the choices are terrible as usual, main reason I dont vote. Our country is great but our political system is a joke.

I love Trump running. He's such a tool and I find him loathsome, but he will really piss off the establishment as he's not confined to party lines and playing by rules. Trump adds drama and viewing material, little else.

Trump will work. He's exactly what we need. We need radical change. Cut government spending, get back our values. No more freebies. You can come here but be ready to work your ass off like the immigrants of the past. No more beating and milking the system. No more corrupt officials in power. More money invested in infrastructure and job growth. Time to get down to the real issues not Caitlyn Jenner

He's a horrible human being and a legit scumbag. He has zero chance. If you think politicos are scum you dont know trump... but you will.

Pretty sure Hillary is going to be next POTUS. Oh man... lol


If Trump is a scumbag what does that make Hillary?

I wonder why a very good man like Ben Carson is overlooked by all. The man may be a genius and he performs life saving brain surgeries on kids....for FREE if need be.

That would be refreshing.

Because he has no experience whatsoever in running any kind of government agency. You wouldn't take LeBron and turn him into a baseball player because of his exploits in basketball. This should've been a pretty obvious point. That aside, I'd have to question how much of a "genius" would believe that homosexuality contributes to the fall of empires. Because in the land of the sane, that would make you pretty ****ing retarded and a horrible bigot. In any case, let's not pretend you're voting for Ben Carson. Judging from your post, you sound like a Rick Perry or Ted Cruz kind of guy.

And how is it that Hillary Clinton (who I'm no fan of) is in any way, shape, or form comparable to Donald Trump?

wow...not too opinionated are you? Whatever, you will get what you deserve. Those who run govt agencies are exactly the type we should not have running for office.

Mock the good people while supporting those who only will try to screw all of us. Good luck with that.


If you want a good person vote for Bernie Sanders. A socialistic thinker who has still been able to work with both sides of the aisle.

Hard to find a moderate Republican anymore, of the Nixon/Ford/Daddy Bush ilk. Now they all have to go through the Tea Party and Religious Right zombification process, and they come "believing" things they never believed before the process.

The reason you don't want another Republican is that they might have a chance to replace one of the "liberal" justices the next term.

Would be a terrible blow to the nation and there would be a renewed attack on voting rights and the separation between church and state, and continued support for corporate America.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
NardDogNation
Posts: 26409
Alba Posts: 4
Joined: 5/7/2013
Member: #5555

7/2/2015  5:57 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/2/2015  6:08 PM
gunsnewing wrote:I don't agree with building a wall around Mexico to stop immigration. I rather it be an open door policy but once you come here you must attempt to integrate as you would anywhere in the world. You must be a contributing member of society. Not just milk the system. I mean is that asking for much? Is that not fair? It shocks me that none of these candidates can come up with a fair plan that is better for every one. Less government spending would mean more money for infrastructure, research and job creation. Since no one has step up to the plate i would be willing to vote for Trump and hope that congress keeps him in check. I know for a fact he will do a much better job handling ISIS and not let them walk all over us

Most of what you say isn't bourne out in the real world. The reality is that illegal immigrants, much like slave labour, is a huge boon for everyone in the country besides the people whose backs that success is balanced on. If it wasn't why would private enterprises and elements of the government allow it to persist?

Myth # 1: They don't pay taxes

Undocumented immigrants are already U.S. taxpayers.

Collectively, they paid an estimated $10.6 billion to state and local taxes in 2010, according to the Institute on Taxation and Economic Policy (ITEP), a research organization that works on tax policy issues. Contributions varied by state. In Montana they contributed $2 million. In California, more than $2.2 billion. On average they pay about 6.4% of their income in state and local taxes, ITEP said.

A 2007 Congressional Budget Office (CBO) report on the impact of undocumented immigrants on the budgets of local and state governments cited IRS figures showing that 50% to 75% of the about 11 million unauthorized U.S. immigrants file and pay income taxes each year.

A 2013 CBO analysis of the failed bipartisan bill introduced by the so-called "gang of 8" that would have created a path to legal status for many undocumented immigrants found that increasing legal immigration would increase government spending on refundable tax credits, Medicaid and health insurance subsidies, among other federal benefits. But it would also create even more tax revenue by way of income and payroll taxes. That could reduce deficits by $175 billion over the first 10 years and by at least $700 billion in the second decade.

ITEP estimates that allowing certain immigrants to stay in the country and work legally would boost state and local tax contributions by $2 billion a year.

Related: America's most dangerous jobs.

Myth # 2: They don't pay into Social Security

The truth is that undocumented immigrants contribute more in payroll taxes than they will ever consume in public benefits.

Take Social Security. According to the Social Security Administration (SSA), unauthorized immigrants -- who are not eligible to receive Social Security benefits -- have paid an eye-popping $100 billion into the fund over the past decade.

"They are paying an estimated $15 billion a year into Social Security with no intention of ever collecting benefits," Stephen Goss, chief actuary of the SSA told CNNMoney. "Without the estimated 3.1 million undocumented immigrants paying into the system, Social Security would have entered persistent shortfall of tax revenue to cover payouts starting in 2009," he said.

As the baby boom generation ages and retires, immigrant workers are key to shoring up Social Security and counteracting the effects of the decline in U.S.-born workers paying into the system, Goss said.

Without immigrants, the Social Security Board of Trustees projects that the system will no longer be able to pay the full promised benefits by 2037.

Myth #3: They drain the system

Undocumented immigrants do not qualify for welfare, food stamps, Medicaid, and most other public benefits. Most of these programs require proof of legal immigration status and under the 1996 welfare law, even legal immigrants cannot receive these benefits until they have been in the United States for more than five years.

Related: Part-time jobs put millions in poverty or close to it.

Non-citizen immigrant adults and children are about 25% less likely to be signed up for Medicaid than their poor native-born equivalents and are also 37% less likely to receive food stamps, according to a 2013 study by the Cato Institute.

Citizen children of illegal immigrants -- often derogatorily referred to as "anchor babies" -- do qualify for social benefits. Also, undocumented immigrants are eligible for schooling and emergency medical care. Currently, the average unlawful immigrant household costs taxpayers $14,387 per household, according to a recent report by The Heritage Foundation. But in its 2013 "Immigration Myths and Facts" report, the U.S. Chamber of Commerce says most economists see providing these benefits as an investment for the future, when these children become workers and taxpayers.

A CBO report on the Comprehensive Immigration Reform Act of 2007 concluded that a path to legalization for immigrants would increase federal revenues by $48 billion. Such a plan would see $23 billion in increased costs from the use of public services, but ultimately, it would produce a surplus of $25 billion for government coffers, CBO said.

Myth # 4: They take American jobs

The American economy needs immigrant workers.

The belief that immigrants take jobs that can otherwise be filled by hard-working Americans has been disputed by an overwhelming number of economic research studies and data.

Related: Four immigration fixes that could turbo-charge tech.

Removing the approximately 8 million unauthorized workers in the United States would not automatically create 8 million job openings for unemployed Americans, said Daniel Griswold, director of the Cato Institute's Center for Trade Policy Studies, in his 2011 testimony before the House Judiciary Sub-committee on Immigration Policy and Enforcement.

The reason, according to the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, is two-fold. For one, removing millions of undocumented workers from the economy would also remove millions of entrepreneurs, consumers and taxpayers. The economy would actually lose jobs. Second, native-born workers and immigrant workers tend to possess different skills that often complement one another.

According to Griswold, immigrants, regardless of status, fill the growing gap between expanding low-skilled jobs and the shrinking pool of native-born Americans who are willing to take such jobs. By facilitating the growth of such sectors as retail, agriculture, landscaping, restaurants, and hotels, low-skilled immigrants have enabled those sectors to expand, attract investment, and create middle-class jobs in management, design and engineering, bookkeeping, marketing and other areas that employ U.S. citizens.

America's unions support the president's executive action. "For far too long, our broken immigration system has allowed employers to drive down wages and working conditions in our country," the AFL-CIO says on its website. "The brunt of the impact has been born by immigrant workers, who face the highest rates of wage theft, sexual harassment, and death and injury on the job."

Myth # 5: It's just a matter of following the law

Many Americans want immigrants to enter the country legally.

But under current immigration laws, there are very few options for legal immigration, the costs are increasingly prohibitive and the wait for any kind of status can be long and frustrating.

Related: I created 7 jobs and the US tried to deport me.

According to the State Department, that imaginary "immigration line" is already 4.4 million people long and depending on the type of visa sought and the country of origin, the wait can be years to decades long. In some countries, such as the Philippines and Mexico people have been waiting over 20 years for approval of a family-sponsored visa.

Immigrants can legally get to the U.S by being sponsored by an employer or a family member, they can enter the country as refugees, or they could receive one of the selectively distributed professional or diversity visas. The Diversity Visa Program makes 55,000 green cards available to persons from countries with low rates of immigration to the U.S.

According to the State Department, the fees to obtain permanent U.S. visas can range from $200 to over $700, excluding legal fees. Plus, there are visa quotas which limits immigration from any given country.

In many poor, violence-ridden countries, or in cases where parents are separated from their children, immigrants say the wait is unbearable, leaving many to resort to illegal border crossing.

That journey can be expensive and deadly.

Smugglers charge anywhere from $3000 to upwards of $70,000 depending on country of origin, mode of transport and distance travelled according to the Mexican Migration Project, a multidisciplinary research effort between investigators in Mexico and the U.S.

Many don't make it. According to federal records, more than 6,000 immigrants have died crossing the southern border since 1998

By Maria Santana November 20, 2014 19:12PM EST

http://money.cnn.com/2014/11/20/news/economy/immigration-myths/

NardDogNation
Posts: 26409
Alba Posts: 4
Joined: 5/7/2013
Member: #5555

7/2/2015  6:00 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:
fishmike wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
fishmike wrote:the choices are terrible as usual, main reason I dont vote. Our country is great but our political system is a joke.

I love Trump running. He's such a tool and I find him loathsome, but he will really piss off the establishment as he's not confined to party lines and playing by rules. Trump adds drama and viewing material, little else.

Trump will work. He's exactly what we need. We need radical change. Cut government spending, get back our values. No more freebies. You can come here but be ready to work your ass off like the immigrants of the past. No more beating and milking the system. No more corrupt officials in power. More money invested in infrastructure and job growth. Time to get down to the real issues not Caitlyn Jenner

He's a horrible human being and a legit scumbag. He has zero chance. If you think politicos are scum you dont know trump... but you will.

Pretty sure Hillary is going to be next POTUS. Oh man... lol


If Trump is a scumbag what does that make Hillary?

I wonder why a very good man like Ben Carson is overlooked by all. The man may be a genius and he performs life saving brain surgeries on kids....for FREE if need be.

That would be refreshing.

Because he has no experience whatsoever in running any kind of government agency. You wouldn't take LeBron and turn him into a baseball player because of his exploits in basketball. This should've been a pretty obvious point. That aside, I'd have to question how much of a "genius" would believe that homosexuality contributes to the fall of empires. Because in the land of the sane, that would make you pretty ****ing retarded and a horrible bigot. In any case, let's not pretend you're voting for Ben Carson. Judging from your post, you sound like a Rick Perry or Ted Cruz kind of guy.

And how is it that Hillary Clinton (who I'm no fan of) is in any way, shape, or form comparable to Donald Trump?

wow...not too opinionated are you? Whatever, you will get what you deserve. Those who run govt agencies are exactly the type we should not have running for office.

Mock the good people while supporting those who only will try to screw all of us. Good luck with that.


If you want a good person vote for Bernie Sanders. A socialistic thinker who has still been able to work with both sides of the aisle.

Hard to find a moderate Republican anymore, of the Nixon/Ford/Daddy Bush ilk. Now they all have to go through the Tea Party and Religious Right zombification process, and they come "believing" things they never believed before the process.

The reason you don't want another Republican is that they might have a chance to replace one of the "liberal" justices the next term.

Would be a terrible blow to the nation and there would be a renewed attack on voting rights and the separation between church and state, and continued support for corporate America.

I'm campaigning for Bernie Sanders, so I like your taste in politicians, lol.

NardDogNation
Posts: 26409
Alba Posts: 4
Joined: 5/7/2013
Member: #5555

7/2/2015  6:15 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/2/2015  6:17 PM
gunsnewing wrote:I don't agree with building a wall around Mexico to stop immigration. I rather it be an open door policy but once you come here you must attempt to integrate as you would anywhere in the world. You must be a contributing member of society. Not just milk the system. I mean is that asking for much? Is that not fair? It shocks me that none of these candidates can come up with a fair plan that is better for every one. Less government spending would mean more money for infrastructure, research and job creation. Since no one has step up to the plate i would be willing to vote for Trump and hope that congress keeps him in check. I know for a fact he will do a much better job handling ISIS and not let them walk all over us

What do you think they are spending money on besides "infrastructure, research and job creation"?

The money, by and large, already goes to things that can fall within one of those broad categories. The problem is how that money is appropriated and to what industries. For instance, almost a third of our budget goes to fighting the Soviet Union in the 1970s, which yields no real utility to Americans beyond the handful of individuals who design and produce those arms.

Before you waste your vote on a douchebag, I recommend you take a look at Bernie Sanders. That's a candidate that is genuine and worth any American's consideration.

gunsnewing
Posts: 55075
Alba Posts: 5
Joined: 2/24/2002
Member: #215
USA
7/2/2015  10:30 PM
DrAlphaeus wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:I don't agree with building a wall around Mexico to stop immigration. I rather it be an open door policy but once you come here you must attempt to integrate as you would anywhere in the world. You must be a contributing member of society. Not just milk the system. I mean is that asking for much? Is that not fair? It shocks me that none of these candidates can come up with a fair plan that is better for every one. Less government spending would mean more money for infrastructure, research and job creation. Since no one has step up to the plate i would be willing to vote for Trump and hope that congress keeps him in check. I know for a fact he will do a much better job handling ISIS and not let them walk all over us

Just wondering: what is your take of Trump's obsession with Obama's birth certificate?

Now he is saying Ted Cruz isn't eligible to run because he was born in Canada. Both of these men were born to American mothers, making them US citizens at birth.

The legal community doesn't agree with his understanding of the phrase "natural born" in the US Constitution. Is his solidarity with the "birther" movement a sign of his boldness or ignorance?

I agree very ignorant but ignorant people are can be successful too. Still think he'd get mor crone than the usual suspects.

gunsnewing
Posts: 55075
Alba Posts: 5
Joined: 2/24/2002
Member: #215
USA
7/2/2015  10:36 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:
fishmike wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
fishmike wrote:the choices are terrible as usual, main reason I dont vote. Our country is great but our political system is a joke.

I love Trump running. He's such a tool and I find him loathsome, but he will really piss off the establishment as he's not confined to party lines and playing by rules. Trump adds drama and viewing material, little else.

Trump will work. He's exactly what we need. We need radical change. Cut government spending, get back our values. No more freebies. You can come here but be ready to work your ass off like the immigrants of the past. No more beating and milking the system. No more corrupt officials in power. More money invested in infrastructure and job growth. Time to get down to the real issues not Caitlyn Jenner

He's a horrible human being and a legit scumbag. He has zero chance. If you think politicos are scum you dont know trump... but you will.

Pretty sure Hillary is going to be next POTUS. Oh man... lol


If Trump is a scumbag what does that make Hillary?

I wonder why a very good man like Ben Carson is overlooked by all. The man may be a genius and he performs life saving brain surgeries on kids....for FREE if need be.

That would be refreshing.

Because he has no experience whatsoever in running any kind of government agency. You wouldn't take LeBron and turn him into a baseball player because of his exploits in basketball. This should've been a pretty obvious point. That aside, I'd have to question how much of a "genius" would believe that homosexuality contributes to the fall of empires. Because in the land of the sane, that would make you pretty ****ing retarded and a horrible bigot. In any case, let's not pretend you're voting for Ben Carson. Judging from your post, you sound like a Rick Perry or Ted Cruz kind of guy.

And how is it that Hillary Clinton (who I'm no fan of) is in any way, shape, or form comparable to Donald Trump?

wow...not too opinionated are you? Whatever, you will get what you deserve. Those who run govt agencies are exactly the type we should not have running for office.

Mock the good people while supporting those who only will try to screw all of us. Good luck with that.


If you want a good person vote for Bernie Sanders. A socialistic thinker who has still been able to work with both sides of the aisle.

Hard to find a moderate Republican anymore, of the Nixon/Ford/Daddy Bush ilk. Now they all have to go through the Tea Party and Religious Right zombification process, and they come "believing" things they never believed before the process.

The reason you don't want another Republican is that they might have a chance to replace one of the "liberal" justices the next term.

Would be a terrible blow to the nation and there would be a renewed attack on voting rights and the separation between church and state, and continued support for corporate America.

That might be a good thing. I'm probably voting Bush but Trump definitely added entertainment value to this thing. It is all a dog and pony show anyway

GustavBahler
Posts: 32931
Alba Posts: 15
Joined: 7/12/2010
Member: #3186

7/2/2015  10:43 PM
NardDogNation wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
martin wrote:the idea that anyone would even think about voting for Trump is about the dumbest thing I've ever heard of, like dumb as ****in rocks dumb

+1


We'd become the laughingstock of the world.

The U.S. would be like a bad reality TV show.

Might be an opening for Caitlyn Jenner as Sec. of Defense, I would think.

Why stop there? Maybe we could bring in Flavor Flav to add diversity to the ticket. I'm thinking VP should suit him just fine given his credentials.

It boggles my mind how many mouth-breathers are out there in this country. I guess you simply can't fix stupid.

Put Flav in charge of the atomic clock.

gunsnewing
Posts: 55075
Alba Posts: 5
Joined: 2/24/2002
Member: #215
USA
7/2/2015  11:03 PM
NardDogNation wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:I don't agree with building a wall around Mexico to stop immigration. I rather it be an open door policy but once you come here you must attempt to integrate as you would anywhere in the world. You must be a contributing member of society. Not just milk the system. I mean is that asking for much? Is that not fair? It shocks me that none of these candidates can come up with a fair plan that is better for every one. Less government spending would mean more money for infrastructure, research and job creation. Since no one has step up to the plate i would be willing to vote for Trump and hope that congress keeps him in check. I know for a fact he will do a much better job handling ISIS and not let them walk all over us

What do you think they are spending money on besides "infrastructure, research and job creation"?

The money, by and large, already goes to things that can fall within one of those broad categories. The problem is how that money is appropriated and to what industries. For instance, almost a third of our budget goes to fighting the Soviet Union in the 1970s, which yields no real utility to Americans beyond the handful of individuals who design and produce those arms.

Before you waste your vote on a douchebag, I recommend you take a look at Bernie Sanders. That's a candidate that is genuine and worth any American's consideration.

I will look into him. I like to keep and open mind. Unfortunately it's right or left. 3rd party candidate will never win. I hope he isn't a socialist in the same regard as Lula & Dilma are in Brazil. There are probably going to be involved in a Civil War. A lot of the same issues we are facing here as far as mass amounts of people milking the system, overcrowding and lack of infrastructure development.

WaltLongmire
Posts: 27102
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 6/28/2014
Member: #5843

7/3/2015  8:35 AM
gunsnewing wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:I don't agree with building a wall around Mexico to stop immigration. I rather it be an open door policy but once you come here you must attempt to integrate as you would anywhere in the world. You must be a contributing member of society. Not just milk the system. I mean is that asking for much? Is that not fair? It shocks me that none of these candidates can come up with a fair plan that is better for every one. Less government spending would mean more money for infrastructure, research and job creation. Since no one has step up to the plate i would be willing to vote for Trump and hope that congress keeps him in check. I know for a fact he will do a much better job handling ISIS and not let them walk all over us

What do you think they are spending money on besides "infrastructure, research and job creation"?

The money, by and large, already goes to things that can fall within one of those broad categories. The problem is how that money is appropriated and to what industries. For instance, almost a third of our budget goes to fighting the Soviet Union in the 1970s, which yields no real utility to Americans beyond the handful of individuals who design and produce those arms.

Before you waste your vote on a douchebag, I recommend you take a look at Bernie Sanders. That's a candidate that is genuine and worth any American's consideration.

I will look into him. I like to keep and open mind. Unfortunately it's right or left. 3rd party candidate will never win. I hope he isn't a socialist in the same regard as Lula & Dilma are in Brazil. There are probably going to be involved in a Civil War. A lot of the same issues we are facing here as far as mass amounts of people milking the system, overcrowding and lack of infrastructure development.


Sanders is challenging Clinton...he would come out of the D party. Sanders might have some socialist tendencies, but he's a pragmatist.

Small chance of winning, but he'll keep Hillary honest, and she'll be confronted by a true progressive politician. This might actually benefit her because she'll come across as more mainstream to some, but she would still keep the progressive vote, as they would vote against a Republican out of fear.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
NardDogNation
Posts: 26409
Alba Posts: 4
Joined: 5/7/2013
Member: #5555

7/3/2015  11:50 AM    LAST EDITED: 7/3/2015  11:53 AM
gunsnewing wrote:
DrAlphaeus wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:I don't agree with building a wall around Mexico to stop immigration. I rather it be an open door policy but once you come here you must attempt to integrate as you would anywhere in the world. You must be a contributing member of society. Not just milk the system. I mean is that asking for much? Is that not fair? It shocks me that none of these candidates can come up with a fair plan that is better for every one. Less government spending would mean more money for infrastructure, research and job creation. Since no one has step up to the plate i would be willing to vote for Trump and hope that congress keeps him in check. I know for a fact he will do a much better job handling ISIS and not let them walk all over us

Just wondering: what is your take of Trump's obsession with Obama's birth certificate?

Now he is saying Ted Cruz isn't eligible to run because he was born in Canada. Both of these men were born to American mothers, making them US citizens at birth.

The legal community doesn't agree with his understanding of the phrase "natural born" in the US Constitution. Is his solidarity with the "birther" movement a sign of his boldness or ignorance?

I agree very ignorant but ignorant people are can be successful too. Still think he'd get mor crone than the usual suspects.

Not as President of the United States. We already had that in George W. Bush and look what it did to the country.

Besides, why pick a man who has proven to not be successful at anything? Trump's Dad built his real estate fortune. The only thing Trump has managed to do since then is to declare bankruptcy 5 times, with daddy's money, which gave him the notoriety to become a reality TV star, male version of Paris Hilton. Would you vote for a 60 year old Paris Hilton for President too?

NardDogNation
Posts: 26409
Alba Posts: 4
Joined: 5/7/2013
Member: #5555

7/3/2015  11:55 AM
gunsnewing wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:I don't agree with building a wall around Mexico to stop immigration. I rather it be an open door policy but once you come here you must attempt to integrate as you would anywhere in the world. You must be a contributing member of society. Not just milk the system. I mean is that asking for much? Is that not fair? It shocks me that none of these candidates can come up with a fair plan that is better for every one. Less government spending would mean more money for infrastructure, research and job creation. Since no one has step up to the plate i would be willing to vote for Trump and hope that congress keeps him in check. I know for a fact he will do a much better job handling ISIS and not let them walk all over us

What do you think they are spending money on besides "infrastructure, research and job creation"?

The money, by and large, already goes to things that can fall within one of those broad categories. The problem is how that money is appropriated and to what industries. For instance, almost a third of our budget goes to fighting the Soviet Union in the 1970s, which yields no real utility to Americans beyond the handful of individuals who design and produce those arms.

Before you waste your vote on a douchebag, I recommend you take a look at Bernie Sanders. That's a candidate that is genuine and worth any American's consideration.

I will look into him. I like to keep and open mind. Unfortunately it's right or left. 3rd party candidate will never win. I hope he isn't a socialist in the same regard as Lula & Dilma are in Brazil. There are probably going to be involved in a Civil War. A lot of the same issues we are facing here as far as mass amounts of people milking the system, overcrowding and lack of infrastructure development.

You keep referring to people that milk the system, yet would be willing to vote for Trump? Again, the guy has declared bankruptcy 5 times and supports a political party that aspires to have the wealthiest of our citizens eschew their tax responsibilities. There are no greater leeches on this society than men like Trump.

NardDogNation
Posts: 26409
Alba Posts: 4
Joined: 5/7/2013
Member: #5555

7/3/2015  11:58 AM
WaltLongmire wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:I don't agree with building a wall around Mexico to stop immigration. I rather it be an open door policy but once you come here you must attempt to integrate as you would anywhere in the world. You must be a contributing member of society. Not just milk the system. I mean is that asking for much? Is that not fair? It shocks me that none of these candidates can come up with a fair plan that is better for every one. Less government spending would mean more money for infrastructure, research and job creation. Since no one has step up to the plate i would be willing to vote for Trump and hope that congress keeps him in check. I know for a fact he will do a much better job handling ISIS and not let them walk all over us

What do you think they are spending money on besides "infrastructure, research and job creation"?

The money, by and large, already goes to things that can fall within one of those broad categories. The problem is how that money is appropriated and to what industries. For instance, almost a third of our budget goes to fighting the Soviet Union in the 1970s, which yields no real utility to Americans beyond the handful of individuals who design and produce those arms.

Before you waste your vote on a douchebag, I recommend you take a look at Bernie Sanders. That's a candidate that is genuine and worth any American's consideration.

I will look into him. I like to keep and open mind. Unfortunately it's right or left. 3rd party candidate will never win. I hope he isn't a socialist in the same regard as Lula & Dilma are in Brazil. There are probably going to be involved in a Civil War. A lot of the same issues we are facing here as far as mass amounts of people milking the system, overcrowding and lack of infrastructure development.


Sanders is challenging Clinton...he would come out of the D party. Sanders might have some socialist tendencies, but he's a pragmatist.

Small chance of winning, but he'll keep Hillary honest, and she'll be confronted by a true progressive politician. This might actually benefit her because she'll come across as more mainstream to some, but she would still keep the progressive vote, as they would vote against a Republican out of fear.

I think anyway you cut it, Sanders is bad news for Hillary. She has Republican tendencies on economic issues and if Bernie forces her to the left, she'll alienate her donor base (aka the Goldman Sachs of the world), which would put her in a political no-man's land. You don't win elections that way.

GoNyGoNyGo
Posts: 22950
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 5/29/2003
Member: #411
USA
7/4/2015  11:42 AM
You have no clue.
Yet another mistake by Dolan. When will it end?
BasketballJones
Posts: 31949
Alba Posts: 19
Joined: 7/16/2002
Member: #290
USA
7/4/2015  7:33 PM
I'm not a Republican, so I'm not gonna tell you guys who to vote for. I thought Trump (and his candidacy) was a joke, but now I see that I was wrong. He's savvy enough to know there's a constituency out there for him, so it makes sense for him to run. He may even win. Hell, people thought no one would vote for a Hollywood actor so... what do people know?
NardDogNation
Posts: 26409
Alba Posts: 4
Joined: 5/7/2013
Member: #5555

7/4/2015  9:35 PM
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:You have no clue.

Care to elaborate or add any kind of detail?

jrodmc
Posts: 30601
Alba Posts: 50
Joined: 11/24/2004
Member: #805
USA
7/6/2015  11:22 AM
BasketballJones wrote:I'm not a Republican, so I'm not gonna tell you guys who to vote for. I thought Trump (and his candidacy) was a joke, but now I see that I was wrong. He's savvy enough to know there's a constituency out there for him, so it makes sense for him to run. He may even win. Hell, people thought no one would vote for a Hollywood actor so... what do people know?

Trump's constituency would most likely be those who think money is the key to brains, and who develop their political convictions from reality TV shows and the magazine racks at the Walmart checkout lines.


So the Donald aside, what have we got in valid insights so far:
Funny, Ben Carson isn't a good choice because he's got no experience. I forget, what experience did our present POTUS have? Missing senate votes? Impressive keynote speeches?

And Chris Christie is no good cause he's fat. Great insight. I'm really interested to see how Hillary (Vince Foster, emails, etc) plays up a traffic jam on the GWB as a campaign issue.

You guys spend a lot of time commenting on the internet?
NardDogNation
Posts: 26409
Alba Posts: 4
Joined: 5/7/2013
Member: #5555

7/6/2015  11:47 AM
jrodmc wrote:
BasketballJones wrote:I'm not a Republican, so I'm not gonna tell you guys who to vote for. I thought Trump (and his candidacy) was a joke, but now I see that I was wrong. He's savvy enough to know there's a constituency out there for him, so it makes sense for him to run. He may even win. Hell, people thought no one would vote for a Hollywood actor so... what do people know?

Trump's constituency would most likely be those who think money is the key to brains, and who develop their political convictions from reality TV shows and the magazine racks at the Walmart checkout lines.


So the Donald aside, what have we got in valid insights so far:
Funny, Ben Carson isn't a good choice because he's got no experience. I forget, what experience did our present POTUS have? Missing senate votes? Impressive keynote speeches?

And Chris Christie is no good cause he's fat. Great insight. I'm really interested to see how Hillary (Vince Foster, emails, etc) plays up a traffic jam on the GWB as a campaign issue.

Some experience is better than no experience. At the very least, Obama was able to familiarize himself with the movers and shakers in Congress and understand where the pressure valves lie, which could allow him to get negotiating leverage. And though his resume isn't long, it is distinguished as only one of a few who had the gumption to vocalize the follies of going to war in Iraq. That took balls since any dissention back then would get you labeled as "unAmerican" by the Bush bandwagon, which was virtual career suicide. When I look at Carson, who I admire in a very limited way, I don't see a man with the fortitude to do that or to be a leader of men. To be honest, outside of neurosurgery he seems to be entirely out of his depth on topics and to be President, you need to be a jack-of-all trades as far as intelligence goes.

jrodmc
Posts: 30601
Alba Posts: 50
Joined: 11/24/2004
Member: #805
USA
7/6/2015  12:10 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/6/2015  2:37 PM
NardDogNation wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
BasketballJones wrote:I'm not a Republican, so I'm not gonna tell you guys who to vote for. I thought Trump (and his candidacy) was a joke, but now I see that I was wrong. He's savvy enough to know there's a constituency out there for him, so it makes sense for him to run. He may even win. Hell, people thought no one would vote for a Hollywood actor so... what do people know?

Trump's constituency would most likely be those who think money is the key to brains, and who develop their political convictions from reality TV shows and the magazine racks at the Walmart checkout lines.


So the Donald aside, what have we got in valid insights so far:
Funny, Ben Carson isn't a good choice because he's got no experience. I forget, what experience did our present POTUS have? Missing senate votes? Impressive keynote speeches?

And Chris Christie is no good cause he's fat. Great insight. I'm really interested to see how Hillary (Vince Foster, emails, etc) plays up a traffic jam on the GWB as a campaign issue.

Some experience is better than no experience. At the very least, Obama was able to familiarize himself with the movers and shakers in Congress and understand where the pressure valves lie, which could allow him to get negotiating leverage. And though his resume isn't long, it is distinguished as only one of a few who had the gumption to vocalize the follies of going to war in Iraq. That took balls since any dissention back then would get you labeled as "unAmerican" by the Bush bandwagon, which was virtual career suicide. When I look at Carson, who I admire in a very limited way, I don't see a man with the fortitude to do that or to be a leader of men. To be honest, outside of neurosurgery he seems to be entirely out of his depth on topics and to be President, you need to be a jack-of-all trades as far as intelligence goes.

Dissenting Bush took balls? When? Are you serious? People were protesting in the streets 3 months after 9-11. How exactly did getting any label from the Bush bandwagon have any impact to Obama's career? I realize you have the standard massive Obamaman crush, but please, you're really trying to stretch things out a bit, aren't you? He made speeches and wandered around Congress without actually doing his job, and that gave him "negotiating leverage". Leader of men? What exactly keyed you in to Obama's innate ability to lead men? His stellar military career?

Carson saves people's lives by dickering around inside their skulls, but he doesn't have the fortitude to "have balls" and "negotiate leverage". I'm not all that impressed with Carson the politician, since he seems to waffle a bit on some key issues (abortion being one of them), but I doubt not being able to muster up the gumption to make speeches that go against the grain would keep him from displaying the same qualities that allowed our present POTUS to be President.


What's your thoughts on Christie?

You guys spend a lot of time commenting on the internet?
OT Donlad Trump #2 place now in Republican poll New Hampshire

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.com All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.