[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

DeAndre Jordan & Tobias Harris would compliment Carmelo nicely.
Author Thread
TLover
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #381
USA
6/30/2015  12:28 PM
Tobias & Carmelo are interchange at the 3/4. DeAndre can provide that defensive presence in the for them. Also both guys have upside in that Tobias is 22 & DeAndre is 26.
AUTOADVERT
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
6/30/2015  12:33 PM
Can't afford both - Tobias is looking for $12-15M, DeAndre $18-19M in year 1.

But I would like that team a lot.

¿ △ ?
Cartman718
Member: #1694

6/30/2015  12:58 PM
they'd definitely greatly help melo put up or shut up. anyway... considering we are the last stop in dj's tour... how much do we have?
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
dwiley20
Member: #5755

6/30/2015  1:01 PM
Tobias wants the Max...haha..Haven't watched him closely enough
EwingsGlass
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #893
USA
6/30/2015  1:07 PM
dwiley20 wrote:Tobias wants the Max...haha..Haven't watched him closely enough

I'm scared of the decent player on a bad team with Harris. He's not particularly good at much. Not a rebounder, not a 3pt shooter. His 55% TS% is good. He needs a 22% usage to hit 16.7 PER. That's a lot of shots to become a slightly above average player. No max contract here. Not from me.

This is the Randle.
meloanyk
Member: #5615

6/30/2015  1:07 PM
TLover wrote:Tobias & Carmelo are interchange at the 3/4. DeAndre can provide that defensive presence in the for them. Also both guys have upside in that Tobias is 22 & DeAndre is 26.
I do agree but appears undoable as far as dollars. Maybe Harris and return of Chandler for 1/$6 ?
yellowboy90
Member: #3538

6/30/2015  1:17 PM
crzymdups wrote:Can't afford both - Tobias is looking for $12-15M, DeAndre $18-19M in year 1.

But I would like that team a lot.

If Orlando will let him go for $12m then the Knicks could get Tobias and Jordan by stretching Caldron's contract. If they can trade Calderon without taking on zero salary then they could offer both players just under their full max.

http://knickerblogger.net/the-state-of-the-knicks-salary-cap-entering-the-2015-free-agent-season/

If the Knicks sign less than three free agents with their cap room or more than three free agents with their cap room, here is what they will have in cap room:

$28,578,298 to spend on two free agents.

$29,628,484 to spend on four free agents

$30,153,577 to spend on five free agents

$30,678,670 to spend on six free agents

The $28,578,298 and the $29,103,391 figures are probably the most important ones. This is because the Knicks also have access to what is called the room exception. This is an exception given to teams who use up almost all or all of their cap room (but are not over the cap). It allows them to go over the cap, but only for $2,732,000 for one player (I believe that’s half the current mid-level). So the Knicks can spend the full $28,578,298 on two players and then use the room exception to sign a third player. Or $29,103,391 on three players and then use the room exception to sign a fourth player. Some decent players have signed for the room exception the last few years, including Vince Carter with Dallas in 2013 and Josh McRoberts with Charlotte that same year. The last time the Knicks had access to their room exception was in 2011-12 (after they went under the cap to sign Tyson Chandler). They used it in on JR Smith that year.

I used to note the figures in case the Knicks were to use the stretch provision on Jose Calderon, but that now does not appear to be even a consideration. If it were, they would open up $3,855,590 in cap room (but then have to pay Calderon $3,000,000 a year for five years).

yellowboy90

6/30/2015  1:33 PM
EwingsGlass wrote:
dwiley20 wrote:Tobias wants the Max...haha..Haven't watched him closely enough

I'm scared of the decent player on a bad team with Harris. He's not particularly good at much. Not a rebounder, not a 3pt shooter. His 55% TS% is good. He needs a 22% usage to hit 16.7 PER. That's a lot of shots to become a slightly above average player. No max contract here. Not from me.

The gambele on Harris is that he will improve as he ages like he has been doing. Also, he is a pretty goo rebounder at the sf/pf and is improving as a 3pt shooter. What he n
|'][---
eeds to do is take that defensive leap that Khris Middleton took. That's a big risk but he is only 22 y/o. He is younger than Gallo or Draymond Green coming out of college.

The real issue is would the kNicks be willing to give up a 1st to unload Calderon contract to really make this work? If I am right they would also get a TPE considering zero money comes back. I am not sure if a TPE can be used for a S&T but if it can the $7.5m TPE would create room enough to get Nemanja Bjelica.

Is a chance to have Jordan, Harris, and Bjelica(someone else) worth giving up a future protected 1st?

You also need to weight that against doing something similar but with Monore as the center pieces which would create around 5m more. I think people see the blks and thing a player is a great defender. The pistons was actually better with defensively with Monroe when Smith/Drummond were off the floor. You can play good defense by positioning too.

newyorker4ever
Member: #5816

6/30/2015  1:49 PM
TLover wrote:Tobias & Carmelo are interchange at the 3/4. DeAndre can provide that defensive presence in the for them. Also both guys have upside in that Tobias is 22 & DeAndre is 26.

Whoever we get for the 4 spot will probably be more of a veteran like D.West that we can sign for just a couple of years when the Zinger is ready to take over. I don't think it would be smart to sign a PF to a log contract and then not have enough minutes for the Zinger.

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
6/30/2015  1:51 PM
I'd prefer Jordan, Danny Green and Bjelica. If not Jordan than Monroe, Green and Bjelica.
yellowboy90

6/30/2015  2:06 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/30/2015  2:14 PM
nixluva wrote:I'd prefer Jordan, Danny Green and Bjelica. If not Jordan than Monroe, Green and Bjelica.

Well you can't do that unless you Stretch Calderon. I think a real option is sending a 1st with Calderon if that's what it would cost. Who knows maybe they can do it for cash and two 2s.

My plan for if they traded Calderon would be.

Monroe
Green/Carroll/ Harris
Joseph

Then use the TPE from Jose to do a S&T for Bjelica.

That would possibly get the team several young players with experience. IF the Knicks could get Monroe to take a contract starting at $14m since he wants to have a short contract would be all the better.

Say they get those players to sign contracts starting at $14m, $12, and $7m that would creat almost $3m to use to sign one more player and that's not counting the room exception money.

Cartman718
Member: #1694

6/30/2015  3:48 PM
RealGM Wiretap

DeAndre Jordan Seeking 3+1 Contract, Bigger Role On Offense

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
mreinman
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3189

6/30/2015  8:09 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:
nixluva wrote:I'd prefer Jordan, Danny Green and Bjelica. If not Jordan than Monroe, Green and Bjelica.

Well you can't do that unless you Stretch Calderon. I think a real option is sending a 1st with Calderon if that's what it would cost. Who knows maybe they can do it for cash and two 2s.

Monroe
Green/Carroll/ Harris
Joseph

That would possibly get the team several young players with experience. IF the Knicks could get Monroe to take a contract starting at $14m since he wants to have a short contract would be all the better.

Say they get those players to sign contracts starting at $14m, $12, and $7m that would creat almost $3m to use to sign one more player and that's not counting the room exception money.

Why is Tobias Harris' WS48 so weak? I really have not watched him that much (who watches orlando?) so its hard for me to see why we would pay this guy so much money.

so here is what phil is thinking ....
Bonn1997
Member: #581
USA
6/30/2015  8:22 PM
mreinman wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:

Monroe
Green/Carroll/ Harris
Joseph

Why is Tobias Harris' WS48 so weak? I really have not watched him that much (who watches orlando?) so its hard for me to see why we would pay this guy so much money.

That's a good question. I'm not entirely sure. However, WS48 around .100 is not bad for a 22 year old. Very few 22 year olds are average NBA players.
mreinman

6/30/2015  8:27 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:
mreinman wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:

Monroe
Green/Carroll/ Harris
Joseph

That's a good question. I'm not entirely sure. However, WS48 around .100 is not bad for a 22 year old. Very few 22 year olds are average NBA players.

he has played 4 years already. What has he shown to deserve to be paid so much? Just on potential? We are gonna pay a guy 12-15 per on potential?

gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
6/30/2015  8:41 PM
mreinman wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
mreinman wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:

Monroe
Green/Carroll/ Harris
Joseph

he has played 4 years already. What has he shown to deserve to be paid so much? Just on potential? We are gonna pay a guy 12-15 per on potential?

This^ x 1000000

Bonn1997
USA
6/30/2015  8:43 PM
mreinman wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
mreinman wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:

Monroe
Green/Carroll/ Harris
Joseph

Yeah, I think that is a little too much. I'd still project that a 22 year old with 4 years experience will have significantly better numbers by 25 and in his 7th year. I could easily see the WS48 going up to .140 or so.
mreinman

6/30/2015  8:45 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:
mreinman wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
mreinman wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:

Monroe
Green/Carroll/ Harris
Joseph

Yeah, I think that is a little too much. I'd still project that a 22 year old with 4 years experience will have significantly better numbers by 25 and in his 7th year. I could easily see the WS48 going up to .140 or so.

can you provide a comp?

fyi: Monroe's first 2 years were .143, .161

Bonn1997
USA
6/30/2015  8:52 PM
mreinman wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
mreinman wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
mreinman wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:

Monroe
Green/Carroll/ Harris
Joseph

can you provide a comp?

The best I can do is share this link but it shows how total win shares (not WS 48) change as players age.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/blog/?p=2953

mreinman

6/30/2015  8:54 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:
mreinman wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
mreinman wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
mreinman wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:

Monroe
Green/Carroll/ Harris
Joseph

can you provide a comp?

The best I can do is share this link but it shows how total win shares (not WS 48) change as players age.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/blog/?p=2953

If a guy does not have 1 good WS48 year after being in the league for 4 years, I would think that it is crazy to pay him like a star.

DeAndre Jordan & Tobias Harris would compliment Carmelo nicely.

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy