[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Porzingis already hurt
Author Thread
Jmpasq
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4182

6/30/2015  8:43 AM
CrushAlot wrote:Checked realgm and apparently kritaps brother said something. Not clear at all and posters over there interpreted differently.

I listened to the interview last night, his brother said Kristaps hasnt worked out since the injury and he said he might not be ready for the SL

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
AUTOADVERT
Jmpasq

6/30/2015  8:43 AM
CrushAlot wrote:Checked realgm and apparently kritaps brother said something. Not clear at all and posters over there interpreted differently.

I listened to the interview last night, his brother said Kristaps hasnt worked out since the injury and he said he might not be ready for the SL

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
6/30/2015  8:44 AM
Knicks have to be worst team to follow. Their (own fault) relationship with the media is so toxic. The amount of misinforation spewed about is annoying to say the least.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
foosballnick
Member: #3148

6/30/2015  8:47 AM
franco12 wrote:
Nalod wrote:Its better that the knicks listen to Briggs, not his brother and sit out 15 months to rebuild his body.

why stop at 15 months? Lets go with 3 years, since that is how long we have to wait for him anyway.

3 to 5 years actually. They can sequester him in a gym by day and an oxygen chamber by night. After 5 years the Knicks will have Ivan Dragon from Rocky 4 as a center.

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
6/30/2015  9:17 AM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
nixluva wrote:Everybody CALM THE PHUCK DOWN!!!! No one said anything about any serious issues. This is not something his brother sounded upset about. Precautionary measure to wait until the muscle tightness goes away. His brother said he was working real hard leading up to the Knicks workout. No doubt because he really wanted to be selected by the Knicks. Figures BRIGGS would freaking start a panic around here. Let's just be patient and see what this is before we start a major conniption over what is likely some muscle soreness from overdoing it. JESUS what freaking nervous fan base.
Maybe you need to calm down. NOBODY is freaking out we just want to know what the deal is. See the problem with you nix is that you want everybody to be like you. Optimistic/Positive to the extreme 24/7. Im sorry that would get kinda boring. In fact fact most fans are probably more optimistic now then they were a few weeks ago so you should be happy

This isn't about being optimistic or not. This is about the senseless need to fear monger and get everyone all worked up. The media does enough of that already. Over and over there's a need to panic and think the worst. How about waiting to see what the real story is? You can stop trying to get me to be like you. I'm not gonna overreact to every rumor or report of a player getting a cramp or sore muscle.
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
6/30/2015  9:20 AM
nixluva wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
nixluva wrote:Everybody CALM THE PHUCK DOWN!!!! No one said anything about any serious issues. This is not something his brother sounded upset about. Precautionary measure to wait until the muscle tightness goes away. His brother said he was working real hard leading up to the Knicks workout. No doubt because he really wanted to be selected by the Knicks. Figures BRIGGS would freaking start a panic around here. Let's just be patient and see what this is before we start a major conniption over what is likely some muscle soreness from overdoing it. JESUS what freaking nervous fan base.
Maybe you need to calm down. NOBODY is freaking out we just want to know what the deal is. See the problem with you nix is that you want everybody to be like you. Optimistic/Positive to the extreme 24/7. Im sorry that would get kinda boring. In fact fact most fans are probably more optimistic now then they were a few weeks ago so you should be happy

This isn't about being optimistic or not. This is about the senseless need to fear monger and get everyone all worked up. The media does enough of that already. Over and over there's a need to panic and think the worst. How about waiting to see what the real story is? You can stop trying to get me to be like you. I'm not gonna overreact to every rumor or report of a player getting a cramp or sore muscle.

The Knick workout was 10 days ago. The SL would make it 3 weeks---Ill say thats the worst cramp Ive ever heard of. I dont think its a cramp.

RIP Crushalot😞
colorfl1
Member: #731
Canada
6/30/2015  9:22 AM
"He projected that his younger brother could be back working out regularly in a few days."

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id/13172170/carmelo-anthony-new-york-knicks-reached-first-round-draft-pick-kristaps-porzingis-says-brother-janis-porzingis

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
6/30/2015  9:22 AM
fishmike wrote:Knicks have to be worst team to follow. Their (own fault) relationship with the media is so toxic. The amount of misinforation spewed about is annoying to say the least.

I don't follow other teams so I can't measure how NY media is vs other markets. We have more reporters and thus they can afford to be nasty. In other markets they might be afraid of being shut out, which would render them usless. In NY, Isola gets shut out and can still be even nastier and capture that market.

WE also have Dolan who is paranoid and the fact knicks have only advanced thru one playoff series since he took over for Daddy.

nixluva
USA
6/30/2015  9:33 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
nixluva wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

The Knick workout was 10 days ago. The SL would make it 3 weeks---Ill say thats the worst cramp Ive ever heard of. I dont think its a cramp.

But you don't know what it is. Concern is one thing, but fear mongering is another. Until we know what is actually wrong it's counterproductive to go on a tangent about how bad it is and what the Knicks need to do as if we know what's going on. Let's hope for the best and a full recovery for whatever it is that's bothering him. Janis said KP should be back by Thursday or Friday and that he felt some tightness in his hips. We just have to wait and see how he recovers.
BRIGGS
6/30/2015  9:36 AM
nixluva wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
nixluva wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

But you don't know what it is. Concern is one thing, but fear mongering is another. Until we know what is actually wrong it's counterproductive to go on a tangent about how bad it is and what the Knicks need to do as if we know what's going on. Let's hope for the best and a full recovery for whatever it is that's bothering him. Janis said KP should be back by Thursday or Friday and that he felt some tightness in his hips. We just have to wait and see how he recovers.

Until I know what it is Ill assume the worst hoping for the best. Its part of being a Knicks fan.

RIP Crushalot😞
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
6/30/2015  10:35 AM
Part of my worries with taking this kid were the injuries. I guess that's the fear with any big man, but it seems more dicey when they are so skinny. What can you do. Hope for the best.

But I really do hope they bring him along slowly until his body gets stronger and he gets used to the NBA game. I don't want him playing more than 24mpg, maybe 20mpg his first season.

That's why signing a vet like David West to platoon with him would be so important.

¿ △ ?
BRIGGS
6/30/2015  10:42 AM
crzymdups wrote:Part of my worries with taking this kid were the injuries. I guess that's the fear with any big man, but it seems more dicey when they are so skinny. What can you do. Hope for the best.

But I really do hope they bring him along slowly until his body gets stronger and he gets used to the NBA game. I don't want him playing more than 24mpg, maybe 20mpg his first season.

That's why signing a vet like David West to platoon with him would be so important.

The elder Porzingis added, though, that it is unclear whether Kristaps will be available for the beginning of summer league play, which starts July 11.

"I don't know, I really don't know," Janis Porzingis said. "I'd like to answer this also for myself, but I really don't know. We'll see that.

Sounds like he should get an MRI if they dont know whats wrong with the hip. Emeka Okafor had something with his hip that turned into a back injury and he was out 2.5 months and later in his career got it worse.

RIP Crushalot😞
Jmpasq

6/30/2015  10:43 AM
foosballnick wrote:
franco12 wrote:
Nalod wrote:Its better that the knicks listen to Briggs, not his brother and sit out 15 months to rebuild his body.

why stop at 15 months? Lets go with 3 years, since that is how long we have to wait for him anyway.

3 to 5 years actually. They can sequester him in a gym by day and an oxygen chamber by night. After 5 years the Knicks will have Ivan Dragon from Rocky 4 as a center.

nixluva
USA
6/30/2015  10:45 AM
The kid has been playing Pro Ball. It's not like he hasn't been pushed before. He sounds like he just overdid it, which can happen. OK4 was hurt most of the end of the season and had some underwhelming Workout performances. There were other Prospects who likely experienced soreness during this process. For some guys it just led to poor Workout performances. Too many Knick fans are always waiting for the other shoe to drop. They live in a state of fear about the worst happening. IMO it's a horrible way to live.
callmened
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4234

6/30/2015  10:47 AM
this isnt a big deal folks. he's young and with some rest he will recover. the disappointing part for me is he might not play in summer league. he needs as much experience with the triangle as possible
Knicks should be improved: win about 40 games and maybe sneak into the playoffs. Melo, Rose and even Noah will have some nice moments however this team should be about PORZINGUS. the sooner they make him the primary player, the better
Jmpasq

6/30/2015  10:54 AM
callmened wrote:this isnt a big deal folks. he's young and with some rest he will recover. the disappointing part for me is he might not play in summer league. he needs as much experience with the triangle as possible

This is really not going to help this kids image with the fan base. Many believe he lacks the strength to play in the NBA and getting hurt in a workout going up against air is only going to further that perception. What happens when someone leans on him, is his legs going to break in half

Cartman718
Member: #1694

6/30/2015  10:58 AM
fishmike wrote:Knicks have to be worst team to follow. Their (own fault) relationship with the media is so toxic. The amount of misinforation spewed about is annoying to say the least.

you would think that considering such a vast and intelligent fan base (minus playa2 :D :D), that they'd be adept at this and clear communication with fans on all fronts.

why is it that the Giants don't suffer from the same issues?

Dolan Dolan Dolan!

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
nixluva
USA
6/30/2015  11:01 AM
Jmpasq wrote:
callmened wrote:this isnt a big deal folks. he's young and with some rest he will recover. the disappointing part for me is he might not play in summer league. he needs as much experience with the triangle as possible

This is really not going to help this kids image with the fan base. Many believe he lacks the strength to play in the NBA and getting hurt in a workout going up against air is only going to further that perception. What happens when someone leans on him, is his legs going to break in half

He's skinny but he has been playing against bigger players already. He played in a pro league that is highly regarded. Any kid can overdo it working out. I think the smaller guys really try to overcompensate. If Durant can play in the NBA KP can do it. Hopefully KP will be ready for SL.

Jmpasq

6/30/2015  11:04 AM
nixluva wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:

He's skinny but he has been playing against bigger players already. He played in a pro league that is highly regarded. Any kid can overdo it working out. I think the smaller guys really try to overcompensate. If Durant can play in the NBA KP can do it. Hopefully KP will be ready for SL.

I know, but its a real bad start for this kid if he is unable to get on the floor. That being said, rushing himself back before he is healthy could be an even worse disaster.

BRIGGS
6/30/2015  11:49 AM
Jmpasq wrote:
nixluva wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:

I know, but its a real bad start for this kid if he is unable to get on the floor. That being said, rushing himself back before he is healthy could be an even worse disaster.

A hip injury many times is tied or can be tied to another part of the body. Hamstring back quads etc.. The hip is a VERY serious place for a human to hurt themselves.

RIP Crushalot😞
Porzingis already hurt

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy