[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Knicks frontrunners for Monroe, Afflalo per Wojnarowski
Author Thread
H1AND1
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5648

6/30/2015  9:20 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/30/2015  9:22 PM
TPercy wrote:I would take shved everyday over afflalo. He isn't exactly an upgrade. As for west, if we sign him to a reasonable deal then fine, count me in.

Im not a fan of Afflalo at all but he's better than Schved by a country mile. Schved's 12 good games as a Knick are fools gold in comparison to his career stats. And Schved is absolutely horrid on D. It pains my soul. Afflalo at least is a decent defender.

But anyway I'm ok with Afflalo at $4-5 mil a year considering the cap is set to explode next summer. But I'm seeing numbers like $10-12 mil for Afflalo which is ridiculous.

If we are going to spend $10 plus I'd rather get Carroll, Or even gamble on Matthews. Or hell even take a shot at Middleton and even Tobias Harris for god sakes. IMO Carroll should be the #1 option on the wing this offseason. These contracts may seem high now but next season they'll be peanuts for their production. And Even if we swing and miss on the restricted guys no big deal.

AUTOADVERT
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
6/30/2015  9:23 PM
H1AND1 wrote:
TPercy wrote:I would take shved everyday over afflalo. He isn't exactly an upgrade. As for west, if we sign him to a reasonable deal then fine, count me in.

Im not a fan of Afflalo at all but he's better than Schved by a country mile. Schved's 12 good games as a Knick are fools gold in comparison to his career stats. And Schved is absolutely horrid on D. It pains my soul. Afflalo at least is a decent defender.

But anyway I'm ok with Afflalo at $4-5 mil a year considering the cap is set to explode next summer. But I'm seeing numbers like $10-12 mil for Afflalo which is ridiculous.

If we are going to spend $10 plus I'd rather get Carroll, Or even gamble on Matthews. Or hell even take a shot at Middleton and even Tobias Harris for god sakes. IMO Carroll should be the #1 option on the wing this offseason. These congrats may seem high now but next season they'll be peanuts for their production. And Even if we swing and miss on the restricted guys no big deal.

I agree but Afflalo made 7.5 mil last year. I think he probably can get 8 mil and maybe he gets more.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
6/30/2015  9:27 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/30/2015  9:28 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
H1AND1 wrote:

If we are going to spend $10 plus I'd rather get Carroll, Or even gamble on Matthews. Or hell even take a shot at Middleton and even Tobias Harris for god sakes. IMO Carroll should be the #1 option on the wing this offseason. These congrats may seem high now but next season they'll be peanuts for their production. And Even if we swing and miss on the restricted guys no big deal.

I agree but Afflalo made 7.5 mil last year. I think he probably can get 8 mil and maybe he gets more.

Afflalo might be more palatable towards the end of July. He should not be in anyone's plan A, B, or C heading into Free Agency.
At least pretend to look at other SGs before settling.

Afflalo at 8-10M or Shved for 4M? I'd be content to give Alexey another season to audition.

H1AND1
Member: #5648

6/30/2015  9:41 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/30/2015  9:42 PM
I also don't get why we aren't involved with Milsap. He seems like a perfect F for the triangle. He's worth $15 mil, same as Monroe IMO talking into consideration the cap increase. Kinda funny that throughout Milsaps career he will have been undervalued for one reason or another start to finish.
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

6/30/2015  10:41 PM
mreinman wrote:
stopstandthere wrote:
mreinman wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:I read somewhere we will also talk to Wesley Matthews is he available?

good!

But Matthews is severely hurt. I would doubt his condition.

rather take a chance that he gets healthy then sign a healthy stiff.

Agree. He is def one of the better SGs in the league assuming he recovers well.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

6/30/2015  10:42 PM
MaTT4281 wrote:
stopstandthere wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:I read somewhere we will also talk to Wesley Matthews is he available?
Yeah but he loves Portland and they love him. Not sure if their shake up and Aldridge leaving makes him more likely to go.

And Lillard is demanding a max so I really can't get how Portland to sort these things out. AA is leaving, Batum's status is uncertain as well.

Batum's status has been much less uncertain ever since he was traded to Charlotte.

Portland's a mess - they might keep Lillard and blow it up.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
fitzfarm
Member: #3285

6/30/2015  10:50 PM
With the injury Mathews sustained I would have to think he will have to settle for a lower payday
TPercy
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #5748

7/1/2015  12:00 AM
H1AND1 wrote:

If we are going to spend $10 plus I'd rather get Carroll, Or even gamble on Matthews. Or hell even take a shot at Middleton and even Tobias Harris for god sakes. IMO Carroll should be the #1 option on the wing this offseason. These contracts may seem high now but next season they'll be peanuts for their production. And Even if we swing and miss on the restricted guys no big deal.

When talking about that I obviously mean at a cost efficient perspective. Shved at his qualifiying offer is a HELL of a lot better than Afflalo at 12 million. Afflalo is not the player he was back then, the consistency of his defense has dropped a lot and he isn't an impact player at all in any way.
The Future is Bright!
stopstandthere
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #6004

7/1/2015  12:04 AM
TPercy wrote:
H1AND1 wrote:

When talking about that I obviously mean at a cost efficient perspective. Shved at his qualifiying offer is a HELL of a lot better than Afflalo at 12 million. Afflalo is not the player he was back then, the consistency of his defense has dropped a lot and he isn't an impact player at all in any way.

Right, and I think his career in Orlando has ruin his career. Before that, he was like the top 10 SG in the league.

stopstandthere
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #6004

7/1/2015  12:07 AM
meloshouldgo wrote:
MaTT4281 wrote:
stopstandthere wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Yeah but he loves Portland and they love him. Not sure if their shake up and Aldridge leaving makes him more likely to go.

And Lillard is demanding a max so I really can't get how Portland to sort these things out. AA is leaving, Batum's status is uncertain as well.

Batum's status has been much less uncertain ever since he was traded to Charlotte.

Portland's a mess - they might keep Lillard and blow it up.

Yes they might tank or become mediocre for a while.

Knicks frontrunners for Monroe, Afflalo per Wojnarowski

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy