[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

KP has a very good chance to be the best player in this draft!
Author Thread
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
6/29/2015  3:34 PM
blkexec wrote:I wonder if Zinger didnt shut down his workouts and worked out for Philly. .....if Philly wouldve picked Zinger instead of Ok4? I think its a posibility. Ok4 creates a log jam for them....Zinger wouldve been a great compliment since he stretches the floor.

I think Philly was just collecting assets. They have Embiid, Noel, Okafor and Saric. 1 or 2 of those will be traded for the perimeter and PG.

AUTOADVERT
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
6/29/2015  3:46 PM
PHilly was smart to take Oka4. Say what you want about its methoed but if Embiid never sets food on the floor they have a very very good prospect!! If Embiid turns into a great player they have very good asset to trade.

Even if its an asset grab, he is more valuable then Zinger until proven otherwise.

StarksEwing1
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4451

6/29/2015  5:02 PM
Philly did the right thing. You always take the BPA in my opinion
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
6/30/2015  5:25 PM
The 1st highlight in this video features a SICK dunk by KP. The entire video is really good IMO. More of his spectacular plays on both ends.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
6/30/2015  6:00 PM
nixluva wrote:The 1st highlight in this video features a SICK dunk by KP. The entire video is really good IMO. More of his spectacular plays on both ends.

dude is polished player, hopefully he can grow into his body

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

6/30/2015  6:07 PM
nixluva wrote:The 1st highlight in this video features a SICK dunk by KP. The entire video is really good IMO. More of his spectacular plays on both ends.

Grant to Porzingis, looking forward to watching them get on the same page. Grant can dish in pretty much any type of offense so this should be fun. Takes very good timing for Porzingis to flush those missed shots.

nixluva
USA
6/30/2015  6:07 PM
martin wrote:

All we can go on is that the Doctors say he should fill out nicely. Joe Abunasser said he's been working with KP since last year and sends him home with workout routine. He said he's already gotten stronger and should continue to improve. I wasn't convinced of KP early on but as more an more info is coming out it's pretty much like we thought Phil had way more info than we did about this kid. This wasn't all about one workout.

StarksEwing1

6/30/2015  6:11 PM
nixluva wrote:
martin wrote:

All we can go on is that the Doctors say he should fill out nicely. Joe Abunasser said he's been working with KP since last year and sends him home with workout routine. He said he's already gotten stronger and should continue to improve. I wasn't convinced of KP early on but as more an more info is coming out it's pretty much like we thought Phil had way more info than we did about this kid. This wasn't all about one workout.

how were you not convinced of KP? The kid is a beast, you should have have more faith in phil
nixluva
USA
6/30/2015  6:17 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
martin wrote:

how were you not convinced of KP? The kid is a beast, you should have have more faith in phil

I was talking about before the draft. I wanted WCS. I knew KP had talent but thought he was more raw after reading so many reports saying he was 2-3 years away. We didn't have enough info on him. A lot of lazy writing and scouting reports. Dude is way more advanced than they made it seem.

StarksEwing1

6/30/2015  6:19 PM
nixluva wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
martin wrote:

I was talking about before the draft. I wanted WCS. I knew KP had talent but thought he was more raw after reading so many reports saying he was 2-3 years away. We didn't have enough info on him. A lot of lazy writing and scouting reports. Dude is way more advanced than they made it seem.

he was rated higher than stein in most drafts. He probably needs 1-2 years to acclimate himself and put some muscle on but he was rated high
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
6/30/2015  6:30 PM
martin wrote:

martin--I wouldnt say hes polished and I wanted to draft him. I would say right now he has positional awkwardness and obviously he needs to get stronger. It really is up to the Knicks to simply his game. I HOPE HOPE HOPE the Knicks Curb this 3 point shooting BS with him. Pau Gasol barely shot a three his whole career. Anthony Davis does not shoot 3's. Shooting 3's keep a 7-2 guy from grabbing rebounds or taking high% shots. It gives him an avenue to be complacent and to settle. I dont mind a game where he takes one or 2 in the flow but 90%+ of his shots need to come mid range to post. Ill be absolutely disgusted with the Knicks if I see him sitting 28 feet from the basket. This development isnt just up to KP its up to the Knicks to keep him positionally sound. He can make a pass but his game HAS NOT really involved the pass. Pass rebound block shot high% shot--driving mid range to post ONLY.

RIP Crushalot😞
nixluva
USA
6/30/2015  6:31 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
martin wrote:

he was rated higher than stein in most drafts. He probably needs 1-2 years to acclimate himself and put some muscle on but he was rated high

Like I said I knew he had talent. I wrote about that in threads. It was the fact that many were saying he was 2-3 years away. He seems much closer than that from everything I've seen so far. Can't wait to see if he plays in Summer League. Just glad that Phil had the guts to take the kid and not be in fear of the reaction in NY. SAS and Adam Schein being just a small example of that reaction. Phil put the good of the franchise ahead of fear of what others might think.
I'm pulling for the kid to have a good 1st year and a great career overall.
nixluva
USA
6/30/2015  6:36 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
martin wrote:

martin--I wouldnt say hes polished and I wanted to draft him. I would say right now he has positional awkwardness and obviously he needs to get stronger. It really is up to the Knicks to simply his game. I HOPE HOPE HOPE the Knicks Curb this 3 point shooting BS with him. Pau Gasol barely shot a three his whole career. Anthony Davis does not shoot 3's. Shooting 3's keep a 7-2 guy from grabbing rebounds or taking high% shots. It gives him an avenue to be complacent and to settle. I dont mind a game where he takes one or 2 in the flow but 90%+ of his shots need to come mid range to post. Ill be absolutely disgusted with the Knicks if I see him sitting 28 feet from the basket. This development isnt just up to KP its up to the Knicks to keep him positionally sound. He can make a pass but his game HAS NOT really involved the pass. Pass rebound block shot high% shot--driving mid range to post ONLY.

Why are you worried about that? The Triangle offense isn't really about camping guys out. It's a motion offense. It features tons of posting and cutting. Sure there maybe times when he gets the ball out at 3pt range but it's not an offense where you just have guys play 4 out and stand there. You just have to look at any Knicks game video and you can see how he's gonna be used. There will be tons of mid range shots and post ups. He'll get to attack the basket. There's no need to create something special for him. The offense just flows and he'll learn how to get to the open spots where he can operate. The Knicks aren't going to mess him up! This is a great system for him to learn the entire game.
StarksEwing1

6/30/2015  6:42 PM
nixluva wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
martin wrote:

Like I said I knew he had talent. I wrote about that in threads. It was the fact that many were saying he was 2-3 years away. He seems much closer than that from everything I've seen so far. Can't wait to see if he plays in Summer League. Just glad that Phil had the guts to take the kid and not be in fear of the reaction in NY. SAS and Adam Schein being just a small example of that reaction. Phil put the good of the franchise ahead of fear of what others might think.
I'm pulling for the kid to have a good 1st year and a great career overall.
when they say 2-3 years away they mean it will take a little bit to reach his ceiling. I think he can have a pretty good rookie year. Just gotta have more faith in phil and KP things look great for the future
BRIGGS
6/30/2015  6:44 PM
nixluva wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
martin wrote:

Why are you worried about that? The Triangle offense isn't really about camping guys out. It's a motion offense. It features tons of posting and cutting. Sure there maybe times when he gets the ball out at 3pt range but it's not an offense where you just have guys play 4 out and stand there. You just have to look at any Knicks game video and you can see how he's gonna be used. There will be tons of mid range shots and post ups. He'll get to attack the basket. There's no need to create something special for him. The offense just flows and he'll learn how to get to the open spots where he can operate. The Knicks aren't going to mess him up! This is a great system for him to learn the entire game.

His feel for the game isnt bad but its not there yet like a Frank Kaminsky. I think we both watched the Knicks who were supposedly running the triangle and I saw a LOT of 3 point shots by our man Bargs and very little passing from anyone. He needs to watch video from the likes of Mchale Gasol davis--STAY away from the Durant model--he is NO Durant even if he can shoot it well. He doesnt have the agility with the ball like KD. He has the opportunity to become a post dominant player meaning he can get his shot off where he wants when he wants 6 feet and in. Now he needs to learn footwork and get stronger to be able to do this. he needs to understand positioning. If he sets up like Bargs--thats a waste. And please dont start preaching to me about Porzingis--Im sure my view on this is right.

RIP Crushalot😞
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
6/30/2015  6:55 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
martin wrote:

maybe polished is the wrong word, somewhere between polished and diverse - saw outside shooting, midrange, post play, bank shots, fake from outside and drive to basket, drive to basket with authority, dunking. This kid has range and doesn't seem to settle. Highlights as obviously pick and choose but I liked what I saw. Feels like Dirk with more aptitude to put ball on floor and go to rim and throw it down. I haven't seem much of Anthony Davis but did he have the sweet shot that KP does at 19?

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
BRIGGS
6/30/2015  7:05 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/30/2015  7:07 PM
martin wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
martin wrote:

maybe polished is the wrong word, somewhere between polished and diverse - saw outside shooting, midrange, post play, bank shots, fake from outside and drive to basket, drive to basket with authority, dunking. This kid has range and doesn't seem to settle. Highlights as obviously pick and choose but I liked what I saw. Feels like Dirk with more aptitude to put ball on floor and go to rim and throw it down. I haven't seem much of Anthony Davis but did he have the sweet shot that KP does at 19?

Davis has a beautiful mid range jumpshot. he's a 80% FT shooter. Everything Davis does is set up from the mid rnage in. I can see where Porzingis can have nearly the SAME exact skills. He has the ability to put it on the floor and glide with minmal effort for a jam. He can simply unfold his length at the rim and finish with power. If he can be positionally set up like Davis0--Im telling you he can also be Davis and avg 25-10-4-3.

RIP Crushalot😞
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

6/30/2015  7:17 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/30/2015  7:17 PM
BRIGGS wrote:martin--I wouldnt say hes polished and I wanted to draft him. I would say right now he has positional awkwardness and obviously he needs to get stronger. It really is up to the Knicks to simply his game. I HOPE HOPE HOPE the Knicks Curb this 3 point shooting BS with him. Pau Gasol barely shot a three his whole career. Anthony Davis does not shoot 3's. Shooting 3's keep a 7-2 guy from grabbing rebounds or taking high% shots. It gives him an avenue to be complacent and to settle. I dont mind a game where he takes one or 2 in the flow but 90%+ of his shots need to come mid range to post. Ill be absolutely disgusted with the Knicks if I see him sitting 28 feet from the basket. This development isnt just up to KP its up to the Knicks to keep him positionally sound. He can make a pass but his game HAS NOT really involved the pass. Pass rebound block shot high% shot--driving mid range to post ONLY.

It's just a matter of time for Davis as far as the three point shot is concerned:http://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/25/sports/basketball/pelicans-anthony-davis-considers-adding-a-3-to-his-arsenal.html?_r=0
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Moonangie
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #2788

6/30/2015  7:48 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
mreinman wrote:
nixluva wrote:Melo is NOT going to be a problem. This offense isn't designed to foster selfishness. The ball and player movement just creates a team oriented mentality and flow to the offense. I really don't know why people think that Melo will be an issue in terms of ball movement.

KP will get plenty of touches. I think he already understands how to move to the open spots and present for the pass. He's more NBA ready than people realize offensively. He already played a similar role on his team. He has to learn all the nuances of the offense and adjust to the NBA defense but he has size and a quick release which should help him a lot.

Melo wont be a problem? He is the problem. Did you watch him play last season in your beloved triangle? Does it get more selfish?

I'm telling you he's not going to be a problem. As long as the guards run the offense correctly then the ball will move and everyone will get touches. ISO after proper ball and player movement is part of the offense but so are a lot if cuts, catch n shoot, give n go etc. With an upgrade in talent the ball will move and Melo won't feel he has to do too much.

Phil, Fish and the staff won't let there be any selfishness. If we do sign a vet like West it be partly to help keep order and focus on playing the right way. Also keep in mind that the returning players got to play without Melo and learn how things are supposed to be done. Melo won't be a problem. He's not nearly as bad as people make him out to be. Especially when his team has talent.

id love to trade melo. Lets be honest we still are probably a year or so away . If melo doesnt like it phil will gladly ship him off for picks and use the extra cap space for better free agents. So we would get more picks, more free agents, and KP can develop without pressure from melo

+1, although I'd also be happy to see how Melo fits within this plan. But trading him sooner rather than later would be a solid move toward full rebuild.

BRIGGS
6/30/2015  7:55 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:martin--I wouldnt say hes polished and I wanted to draft him. I would say right now he has positional awkwardness and obviously he needs to get stronger. It really is up to the Knicks to simply his game. I HOPE HOPE HOPE the Knicks Curb this 3 point shooting BS with him. Pau Gasol barely shot a three his whole career. Anthony Davis does not shoot 3's. Shooting 3's keep a 7-2 guy from grabbing rebounds or taking high% shots. It gives him an avenue to be complacent and to settle. I dont mind a game where he takes one or 2 in the flow but 90%+ of his shots need to come mid range to post. Ill be absolutely disgusted with the Knicks if I see him sitting 28 feet from the basket. This development isnt just up to KP its up to the Knicks to keep him positionally sound. He can make a pass but his game HAS NOT really involved the pass. Pass rebound block shot high% shot--driving mid range to post ONLY.

It's just a matter of time for Davis as far as the three point shot is concerned:http://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/25/sports/basketball/pelicans-anthony-davis-considers-adding-a-3-to-his-arsenal.html?_r=0

His game is so developed I can see an augmentation there. Kristaps need to learn the basic of the post post passing mid range shooting and go from there. We dont want a 7-2 hanging 28 feet from the basket.

RIP Crushalot😞
KP has a very good chance to be the best player in this draft!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy