[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Official Free Agency Hot Stove thread - moves and rumors from others teams
Author Thread
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
6/28/2015  8:10 PM
If there's a fear among Spurs executives, it's that they won't have enough room left to retain Danny Green, who has attracted interest from the Mavs, Blazers and Pistons, sources said.

http://mweb.cbssports.com/nba/writer/ken-berger/25227595/free-agent-buzz-with-opt-out-lebron-james-stays-in-full-control
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
AUTOADVERT
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
6/29/2015  2:46 PM
While the Knicks are considered long shots to land either Aldridge or Jordan, sources said they are in each player's top four.

Aldridge, who sources say is all but certain to leave Portland, will also meet with the San Antonio Spurs, Dallas Mavericks and Los Angeles Lakers.

Jordan will also meet with the Mavs, Lakers and Los Angeles Clippers, according to sources.

Knicks star Carmelo Anthony has already called both players, as well as Greg Monroe and Arron Afflalo, sources said. The Knicks will also meet with Monroe this week and eventually will meet with Wesley Matthews.

New York's pitch to Jordan will be that he would be the team's second option behind Anthony, as opposed to the third option he currently is with the Clippers behind Chris Paul and Blake Griffin. Sources say that is an important distinction to Jordan.

The Knicks will also emphasize that in the Eastern Conference, the road to becoming an All-Star and a playoff team is much less clogged than in the West.

great pitch, but I absolutely hate players who cant hit Free throws

ES
TPercy
Member: #5748

6/29/2015  2:54 PM
2nd option to do ****ing what? be a lob target?
The Future is Bright!
wargames
Member: #6053

6/29/2015  2:54 PM
Here's some more rumors

The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
6/29/2015  4:15 PM
I still think Wade will eventually re-sign with the Heat and this is just a bunch of grandstanding, but here you go:

¿ △ ?
yellowboy90
Member: #3538

6/29/2015  5:24 PM

If they would give up Jones with one of their player dumps I'd give up the 2018 1st.

crzymdups
USA
6/29/2015  5:30 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:

If they would give up Jones with one of their player dumps I'd give up the 2018 1st.

I like Jones, but if they are dumping salary, I offer two second round picks.

¿ △ ?
crzymdups
USA
6/29/2015  5:31 PM
¿ △ ?
CrushAlot
USA
6/29/2015  5:34 PM
Chris Broussard ‏@Chris_Broussard · 18s18 seconds ago
Sources: Charlotte Did not tender Bismack Biyombo a qualifying offer. He'll become a free agent July 1

yellowboy90

6/29/2015  5:46 PM
crzymdups wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:

I like Jones, but if they are dumping salary, I offer two second round picks.

Morey will keep it or get someone else to pay him that. Maybe ask for D. Mo or Capella too.

CrushAlot
USA
6/29/2015  6:29 PM
Report that the Rockets would need to clear 10 mil in salary to offer Aldridge the max.
mreinman
Member: #3189

6/29/2015  6:37 PM
strange ... Aldridge does everything that Houston despises
so here is what phil is thinking ....
RonRon
Member: #246
6/29/2015  6:50 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/29/2015  6:53 PM
mreinman wrote:strange ... Aldridge does everything that Houston despises

You mean capable of hitting FT shots?

LA is very versatile and has great length, size, strength, ability to score in DEEP, MID RANGE, and now 3pt shot's as well
He is a LEGIT PF and capable of playing Center for stretches like Gasol did, though he doesn't want to play it FULL TIME, he would eat Draymond Green 1v1 alive and be able to play Center and contest guards better than your typical Center...
Lets not forget that Lopez had his best career year with him 2 seasons ago, he is a tough cover with other LEGIT ALL STAR talent
While he struggled with a younger Anthony Davis, think as a rookie though

Besides Anthony Davis, I don't think there is a PF that is currently as verastile as him
Think LA is WAY BETTER than Bosh, IMO and if Bosh really was offered a MAX last season, so is LA

At least,
20/10/3 ass 1 steal 1 block

Know you are not his greatest fan but I don't think you actually watch him play much, he didn't have the best year with Battum hurt and the rest of play offs with even more injuries on top of his shooting wrist which he decided to continue to play with and opting for surgery despite being in a contract year and starting off to a great year prior to his injury...

Lilliard took a step back with injuries as well with Matthews, CJ MCCLLUM, Lopez, Kaman, AFFALO, and some more backup G/F's...

yellowboy90

6/29/2015  7:03 PM
CrushAlot wrote:Report that the Rockets would need to clear 10 mil in salary to offer Aldridge the max.

That's a lot of money to take in. Brewer, Papa, and D. Mo/Jones? I think I would need a some 2nd rd picks to take on that much money. So, I think I take back my 1st rd comment earlier.

On a side note that is a terrible pairing unless Harden gives up some control and Houton changes styles.

nyshakespeare
Alba Posts: 13
Member: #420
USA
6/30/2015  12:20 AM
2015-16 Team-By-Team Salary Summary

http://www.basketballinsiders.com/2015-16-team-by-team-salary-summary/

Good frame of reference to see who can sign
free agents at those ridiculous numbers being
thrown around.

It Is Solved By Walking
mreinman
Member: #3189

6/30/2015  12:21 AM
RonRon wrote:

LA is very versatile and has great length, size, strength, ability to score in DEEP, MID RANGE, and now 3pt shot's as well
He is a LEGIT PF and capable of playing Center for stretches like Gasol did, though he doesn't want to play it FULL TIME, he would eat Draymond Green 1v1 alive and be able to play Center and contest guards better than your typical Center...
Lets not forget that Lopez had his best career year with him 2 seasons ago, he is a tough cover with other LEGIT ALL STAR talent

Besides Anthony Davis, I don't think there is a PF that is currently as verastile as him
Think LA is WAY BETTER than Bosh, IMO and if Bosh really was offered a MAX last season, so is LA

At least,

Know you are not his greatest fan but I don't think you actually watch him play much, he didn't have the best year with Battum hurt and the rest of play offs with even more injuries on top of his shooting wrist which he decided to continue to play with and opting for surgery despite being in a contract year and starting off to a great year prior to his injury...

Lilliard took a step back with injuries as well with Matthews, CJ MCCLLUM, Lopez, Kaman, AFFALO, and some more backup G/F's...

I watched him quite often.

Now sure you follow Houstons shot charts but they don't take mid range shots which unfortunately for LA is his bread and butter (even though he hits then at a very poor rate)

Houston is not interested in a player taking these shots. If they want him, then their plan is to change him. Tough to do at his age.

He did add the 3 to his game which is a good start.

so here is what phil is thinking ....
yellowboy90

6/30/2015  1:02 AM
mreinman wrote:
RonRon wrote:

At least,

I watched him quite often.

Now sure you follow Houstons shot charts but they don't take mid range shots which unfortunately for LA is his bread and butter (even though he hits then at a very poor rate)

Houston is not interested in a player taking these shots. If they want him, then their plan is to change him. Tough to do at his age.

He did add the 3 to his game which is a good start.

I doubt they will try to change him besides adding a few more 3s to his game. He'll likely try to go the bosh route. Anyway, you can still have a very efficient offense with LA taking his mid range shots you just have to follow the Blazers blueprint. Harden takes the place of Lillard, Ariza is more Matthews although he plays the 3, and Howard is Lopez.

The key will be Harden and Howard usg coming down to create touches for LA if he is there.

You know what is odd but good for the knicks is that more teams are not going after Monroe. If you compare Monroe and Aldridge at the same age Monroe comes out better he just goes about offense a different way. Defensively neither are great and LA, while better than Greg, is not a rim protector. Monroe makes up for his rim protection with his stls

blkexec
Member: #748
6/30/2015  1:02 AM
This is a good time for Phil to pull another lopsided trade with teams looking to dump salary.
Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
crzymdups
USA
6/30/2015  2:00 PM

Shump getting a TON of love around the League. Sigh. If Timmy was worth a first round pick, what was Shump worth?

Cavs Extend Qualifying Offer to Shumpert; Lakers, Mavs, Bucks Expected to Pursue SG
Tuesday, June 30

Shumpert played a key role for the Cavaliers during their playoff run as he averaged over nine points and nearly five rebounds per game during the postseason, but his future in Cleveland is very much up in the air. While the team announced they had extended him a qualifying offer, meaning they can match any offer that he receives, there are multiple other teams interested in him.

According to ESPN.com's Chris Broussard, the Los Angeles Lakers, the Dallas Mavericks and the Milwaukee Bucks all have interest in signing the 25-year-old guard, although LeBron James loves him as a teammate due to his defensive acumen.

Cleveland has reportedly already taken a step toward retaining Shumpert by extending a qualifying offer to the restricted free agent, per Eric Pincus of Basketball Insiders.

Due to the reported interest in Shumpert from other teams, however, it seems unlikely that he will accept the qualifying offer. Should Shumpert sign an offer sheet with another team, Cleveland will have the opportunity to match it.

That could prove troublesome, though, as the Cavaliers have a long list of free agents to deal with, according to SportsCenter:

LeBron is chief among them, although Broussard is reporting that he will re-sign. Even if that is the case, Cleveland will have to make a sizable offer to forward Kevin Love if it hopes to keep him, too.

Based on the sheer number of free agents the Cavaliers have currently, it seems nearly impossible for them to retain everyone. Since one can only assume that rebounding machine Tristan Thompson will take precedence over Shumpert as far as restricted free agents are concerned, Shumpert could end up being a casualty of the situation.

He'll land on his feet regardless of where he ends up, but the Cavs will undoubtedly miss his tenacious perimeter defense if he signs elsewhere.

¿ △ ?
crzymdups
USA
6/30/2015  2:18 PM
¿ △ ?
Official Free Agency Hot Stove thread - moves and rumors from others teams

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy