nixluva
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #758
USA
5/23/2015  12:20 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
smackeddog wrote:If we luck out in FA, he's worth considering as a fall back, simply because he wouldn't cost anything. In fact the Pacers may be willing to give up something to take his contract off their hands. Bird has been desperately trying to get him NOT to pick up his final year option (he wants to rebuild the team and make them faster)- basically threw him under the bus in the end of season interview and threatened him that if he opts in, they will feature him even less on offence and will send him to the bench. I don't think mentally he can hack new york and the media, but I'd try him out for nothing.

Hibbert kind of fell victim to the nba's hype machine- he's always been flawed and inconsistent and bad on defense, put that playoff series we faced them, the nba decided they were going to manufacture a star. We payed a the price, and later so did he. As soon as Stern left and Silver took over, he sent out a ref's edict basically telling them to stop with that pretend "he went straight up" crap, and from that moment on, Hibberts effectiveness was rapidly scaled back.

huh. didn't know the bold part? is that true? as a frustrated Knicks fan, i'd like to believe it... but oh well...

Yup, after Silver became chief, I remember someone showed the letter sent out to refs (they do this regularly to clarify rules etc) and it was focused on the way they had started calling the "straight up" rule- i.e. most of the time the player wasn't even going straight up

Wow. Thanks. Always learning stuff here. Too bad it wasn't done prior to that playoff series.

That may be the case but Hibbert is still a top rim protector. Hibbert is still effective in the Low Post. He would immediately impact our defense positively. I posted that video above to show how he moves to attack anyone trying to score near the basket. Despite any change in how the Refs call contact, Hibbert still is a premium shot blocker.
AUTOADVERT
knickscity
Member: #4241
USA
5/23/2015  12:24 PM
He may be a fall back option, hopefully it doesnt come to that.
nixluva
USA
5/23/2015  1:00 PM
knickscity wrote:He may be a fall back option, hopefully it doesnt come to that.

In the case of Shved they made a judgement based not on what his rep was at that time but his actual fit for the team and system. I think they'd do the same for Hibbert. If they feel he's a good fit then maybe they look to bring him in. It's not what a player looks like on another team but rather how their skills would look on this team, in this system. IMO Hibbert would be a good fit for this system.

Finestrg
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1069

5/23/2015  1:12 PM
Compare Hibbert to Alexis Ajinca -- Hibbert might be a little bigger (wider/heavier), maybe a little bit better rim protector but they're pretty close. Ajinca might turn out to be an even better offensive player in the long run. A little younger and would come a lot cheaper too, ya figure. I like Ajinca's potential--still feel he's a real good 'value' big man for us. Whenever he got minutes Ajinca played well and produced. If we ever gave this guy 30+ mins and enough touches, dude would be a real nice post - mid-range threat.
callmened
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4234

5/23/2015  1:18 PM
i like ajinca but lets not get carried away. i dont think he has much of an offensive game at all and i watched the pelicans play alot. the big word with him is POTENTIAL. he has potential to score but he still doesnt seem comfy. if i invest in ajinca its for his defense
Knicks should be improved: win about 40 games and maybe sneak into the playoffs. Melo, Rose and even Noah will have some nice moments however this team should be about PORZINGUS. the sooner they make him the primary player, the better
newyorker4ever
Member: #5816

5/23/2015  1:46 PM
crzymdups wrote:The Pacers are cutting ties with Hibbert. He was a defensive monster who made Tyson look like Swiss cheese.

I'm in favor of building something of a power team with Melo. Winslow or Mudiay fit that mold to me. So does Hibbert. And Monroe could fit in well next to Hibbert.

How about this lineup?

PG - Galloway / Shved
SG - Justice Winslow
SF - Melo
PF - Greg Monroe ($15M)
C - Roy Hibbert ($12M)

No thank you on Hibbert. Do not want him on Knicks.

yellowboy90
Member: #3538

5/24/2015  7:06 AM
You know what if Indy takes Calderon back and give up some 2nd rd picks I'd think about it. It's basically getting him on a 1yr mle deal.
knickscity
USA
5/24/2015  7:17 AM
nixluva wrote:
knickscity wrote:He may be a fall back option, hopefully it doesnt come to that.

In the case of Shved they made a judgement based not on what his rep was at that time but his actual fit for the team and system. I think they'd do the same for Hibbert. If they feel he's a good fit then maybe they look to bring him in. It's not what a player looks like on another team but rather how their skills would look on this team, in this system. IMO Hibbert would be a good fit for this system.

I'm assuming you're expecting Hibbert to begin doing things he normally doesnt, like playing consistent basketball?
holfresh
Member: #1081

5/24/2015  9:40 AM
Hibbert will be stupid if he opts out of that deal..He won't see 15.5 mil per again..

So after Chandler, we make a run at Hibbert??..A guy whose heart was questioned, like Chandler...A guy who looked like he quit on his team, like Chandler..We really need that back in NY again??
JrZyHuStLa
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1241

5/24/2015  10:31 AM
There's some selfish dudes in here.
nixluva
USA
5/24/2015  12:10 PM
knickscity wrote:
nixluva wrote:

I'm assuming you're expecting Hibbert to begin doing things he normally doesnt, like playing consistent basketball?

What I know is that human nature often comes into play. You feed the big guys regularly and you can get a lot more out of them. They stay involved in the game and give more effort. This system is one where every player is active at all times and guys get touches because there is not PG pounding the ball all game. We saw Lou Amundson of all people really step up his game and do things he'd never really be asked to do before. That's the kind of offense this is. When we put more talent in this system a guy like Hibbert could actually show more consistent effort because he'd be more involved in the flow of the offense. I know for a fact that he'd get more shots in the post than he did in Indy. He'd be more successful in the post where he shoots a higher percentage and that will lead to a happier player.
knickscity
USA
5/24/2015  12:35 PM
nixluva wrote:
knickscity wrote:
nixluva wrote:

What I know is that human nature often comes into play. You feed the big guys regularly and you can get a lot more out of them. They stay involved in the game and give more effort. This system is one where every player is active at all times and guys get touches because there is not PG pounding the ball all game. We saw Lou Amundson of all people really step up his game and do things he'd never really be asked to do before. That's the kind of offense this is. When we put more talent in this system a guy like Hibbert could actually show more consistent effort because he'd be more involved in the flow of the offense. I know for a fact that he'd get more shots in the post than he did in Indy. He'd be more successful in the post where he shoots a higher percentage and that will lead to a happier player.

I hope you really dont believe Hibbert loafs on the court because he isnt being "involved". Never mind....you know for a fact.
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
5/24/2015  12:45 PM
http://www.indycornrows.com/2015/5/23/8650429/roy-hibbert-is-learning-jiu-jitsu
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
nixluva
USA
5/24/2015  1:03 PM
knickscity wrote:
nixluva wrote:
knickscity wrote:
nixluva wrote:

I hope you really dont believe Hibbert loafs on the court because he isnt being "involved". Never mind....you know for a fact.

Yes I do know that in this offense the bigs are more involved than in most every other offense teams are playing. The base of this offense involves the bigs to a very high degree. It's a post offense. Perhaps you've heard that it's called the Triple Post offense? Very few offenses run the ball thru the post bigs as much as the Triangle.

Hibbert took 9.3 FGA's per game. Bargs took 12.4, Amare 8.6, Jason 7.2 and Amundson 5.9. I am confident that Hibbert would get way more touches and take more shots. That will keep him fully engaged and happier as a player. Hibbert in the low post is a much more efficient player. The Triangle keeps him in his sweet spot more often.

yellowboy90

5/24/2015  1:22 PM
Hibbert in the low post looks like a nightmare. his around the rim % is beyond terrible regardless the offense. The only way it would work is if the knicks get major compensation for taking his contract
RonRon
Member: #246
5/24/2015  1:31 PM
I do not know if Hibbert will actually opt out of his contract and Bird already hinted that he is looking to play a more uptempo system
It could be a threat only, as I think he would prefer seeing how this team plays for 1 more year together with Paul George, which has played pretty well the past couple of years togher
They would have much salary space to improve in 2017 to fill out holes
With that said, I don't think Bird would trade Hibbert without much in return
I am not sure if Greg Monroe would fit in with Hibbert as well as LA would, if Hibbert wants "security" I can see Phil Jackson taking a shot at him and a vet min of Thabeet, McGee, and maybe Blatche as backup Centers

If we were able to trade Calderon, Tim Hardway JR, and Early, with our 2015 pick or other 2 1st rounders, it would give us about 10m more in cap space
I would not be surprised if The Lakers or Twolves offered a package for Cousins, with their #1 and #2 pick along with future draft picks, and we likely would need to use our #4 pick and 2 future #1's picks but maybe could get rid of Calderon, Tim Hardway JR, Early, and about 10m of cap space and fillers

I do not know if people realize but at this point, Greg Monroe isn't a lock if we offered the MAX to him, as there are not a lot of quality BIGS in this years FA
He could get options on other teams, leaving us little options outside of RFA's that we could test the market for

RonRon
Member: #246
5/24/2015  1:36 PM
Personally the Lakers will attract many FA's with the 3 draft picks they have this summer in addition to the young guys that they have, in addition to their 70-80m in cap space and THE MLE in 2017, while we could be in trouble in getting TOP TEIR players unless we are able to sign one this summer like LA or at least 2 B+ talents like Monroe and a RFA
No one is going to want to go to New York unless we show we can possibly contend

Lakers will have too much young talent and cap space to pull a Miami Heat in 2010 but with even more cap space, in addition the the MLE in 2017
Add in the winning/contenders and upcoming rising teams and teams with multiple assets and young core that could trade for multiple STARS like Philly/Boston
It will be interesting how Phil Jackson will do...

I like Justice Winslow but he needs to play with multiple great defenders that we do not have and would be a better Iman Shumpert that clearly wasn't enough here in New York
If Winslow goes to a team with a Lebron James, Jimmy Butler, Kawaii Leanard, in addition to a great defensive team, he could develop in to a very good player, I just don't think he would be enough here in NY with what we have

nixluva
USA
5/24/2015  1:38 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:Hibbert in the low post looks like a nightmare. his around the rim % is beyond terrible regardless the offense. The only way it would work is if the knicks get major compensation for taking his contract

He's not getting nearly the amount of low post looks as he should. I think he'd become more efficient with more consistent low post looks. The way the offense is structured he'd be around the basket for more dump off dunks and put backs due to how the Triangle works. He'd have limited touches out away from the basket because it's not a PnR offense.
Hibbert would most likely stay in the Triangle side and not be used in the Pinch Post.

Hubert should show improvement with more touches in his sweet spot which should happen in the Triangle. He's clearly not getting enough touches on the low block. Just look at how many more touches Al Jeff gets in his sweet spot.

knickscity
USA
5/24/2015  3:03 PM
nixluva wrote:
knickscity wrote:
nixluva wrote:
knickscity wrote:
nixluva wrote:

Yes I do know that in this offense the bigs are more involved than in most every other offense teams are playing. The base of this offense involves the bigs to a very high degree. It's a post offense. Perhaps you've heard that it's called the Triple Post offense? Very few offenses run the ball thru the post bigs as much as the Triangle.

Hibbert took 9.3 FGA's per game. Bargs took 12.4, Amare 8.6, Jason 7.2 and Amundson 5.9. I am confident that Hibbert would get way more touches and take more shots. That will keep him fully engaged and happier as a player. Hibbert in the low post is a much more efficient player. The Triangle keeps him in his sweet spot more often.

Hibbert isnt a player for offense, he has no sweet spots, he really cant even shoot. Bargs can, so can Amare and to some degree Jason.

BTW, how did it work for the actual center we had in Dalembert....did the offense work him him?

yellowboy90

5/24/2015  3:57 PM
nixluva wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:Hibbert in the low post looks like a nightmare. his around the rim % is beyond terrible regardless the offense. The only way it would work is if the knicks get major compensation for taking his contract

He's not getting nearly the amount of low post looks as he should. I think he'd become more efficient with more consistent low post looks. The way the offense is structured he'd be around the basket for more dump off dunks and put backs due to how the Triangle works. He'd have limited touches out away from the basket because it's not a PnR offense.
Hibbert would most likely stay in the Triangle side and not be used in the Pinch Post.

Hubert should show improvement with more touches in his sweet spot which should happen in the Triangle. He's clearly not getting enough touches on the low block. Just look at how many more touches Al Jeff gets in his sweet spot.

More touches more misses. Also, showing me Al Jefferson is not a good example because he isn't that good either

FA - how about Roy Hibbert?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy