He also has the coolest name!
I'd be very happy if we end up with the next jimmy or kahwai
AUTOADVERT
earthmansurfer
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #858
Germany
5/23/2015  4:32 AM    LAST EDITED: 5/23/2015  5:32 AM
My worry with going with Mudiay is that we have 2 pretty good PG's in Shved and Gallow, I especially liked what I saw in Shved. He fit the team like a glove and we played soooo much better with him. Remember, before he went down with the injury we were in many of the games and once he went out it was luck we clearly sucked again.

I know, I know, take the best player, but is Mudiay right for the triangle?

My other worry is are we now going for the best fit on the team instead of the best player? That can be something you regret often. We have a chance at a franchise changing player at 4, do we risk that?
Is it worth trading down to "hopefully" get Winslow? Can Winslow be that kind of franchise changing player? He very well ight.

In the end, I'll trust the basketball minds Phil is behind and a part of.

Luckily we also have FA to "worry about".

We like him - http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york-knicks/post/_/id/62090/knicks-big-fans-of-justise-winslow

The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift. Albert Einstein
EwingsGlass
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #893
USA
5/23/2015  7:16 AM
Oh, and he is also a southpaw.
This is the Randle.
EwingsGlass
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #893
USA
5/23/2015  7:21 AM    LAST EDITED: 5/23/2015  7:35 AM
earthmansurfer wrote:My worry with going with Mudiay is that we have 2 pretty good PG's in Shved and Gallow, I especially liked what I saw in Shved. He fit the team like a glove and we played soooo much better with him. Remember, before he went down with the injury we were in many of the games and once he went out it was luck we clearly sucked again.

My other worry is are we now going for the best fit on the team instead of the best player? That can be something you regret often. We have a chance at a franchise changing player at 4, do we risk that?
Is it worth trading down to "hopefully" get Winslow? Can Winslow be that kind of franchise changing player? He very well ight.

We like him - http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york-knicks/post/_/id/62090/knicks-big-fans-of-justise-winslow

Are we sure Moody is the BPA? In AAU and in China he didn't really make his teams better. The fact that his AAU team did better without him is eye opening. Winslow just wins. FIBA, NCAA...we know he can accept the role of not being the best player on the team. But, with the championship in play, he was the best player on the team.

This is the Randle.
earthmansurfer
Member: #858
Germany
5/23/2015  8:01 AM
EwingsGlass wrote:
earthmansurfer wrote:My worry with going with Mudiay is that we have 2 pretty good PG's in Shved and Gallow, I especially liked what I saw in Shved. He fit the team like a glove and we played soooo much better with him. Remember, before he went down with the injury we were in many of the games and once he went out it was luck we clearly sucked again.

Are we sure Moody is the BPA? In AAU and in China he didn't really make his teams better. The fact that his AAU team did better without him is eye opening. Winslow just wins. FIBA, NCAA...we know he can accept the role of not being the best player on the team. But, with the championship in play, he was the best player on the team.

We can't go by 12 games and that is the catcher as I see it. If we go by this season and nothing more then we might just miss out on a big talent.
I'm not saying he is the superior player over Winslow, I'm saying we really need to do our DD on the kid as you can see the talent.
No denying Winslow is tearing stuff up lately. I want to see Mudiay at 100% (hopefully in his workout.)

I want a player that fits the team concept (but can be a takeover player if possible) and does make others better and all the experts that had him #1 or near that at the start of the season must have saw something.

The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift. Albert Einstein
callmened
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4234

5/23/2015  12:45 PM
anyone concerned that justice isnt really a good shooter?
Knicks should be improved: win about 40 games and maybe sneak into the playoffs. Melo, Rose and even Noah will have some nice moments however this team should be about PORZINGUS. the sooner they make him the primary player, the better
smackeddog
Member: #883
5/23/2015  12:48 PM
callmened wrote:anyone concerned that justice isnt really a good shooter?

What FA are you going to sign at his position who is?

callmened

5/23/2015  12:50 PM
im interested in danny green if available
Knicks should be improved: win about 40 games and maybe sneak into the playoffs. Melo, Rose and even Noah will have some nice moments however this team should be about PORZINGUS. the sooner they make him the primary player, the better
FistOfOakley
Member: #3075

5/23/2015  1:03 PM
winslow is a good spot up shooter... which for a 19 yo is all you could really ask for... russell is a much better shooter but he shoots a lot of them which isn't necessarily a good thing...

you don't have to be kyle korver at this age... you just have to be able to prove that you can hit a spot up jumper and shoot a little bit off the dribble... justise is a lil iffy on the latter but he's not incapable of doing better there...

s3231
Member: #544
USA
5/23/2015  1:35 PM
Think the fact that Winslow has improved his shooting in such a short amount of time bodes well for his future. From everything I've seen and read, the guy seems to have an outstanding work ethic and has a strong desire to improve his game.

This kid seems like the real deal and is quickly becoming my #1 target at #4 if Russell doesn't fall.

I like Mudiay's potential a lot too....just hoping we come away with one of these guys and don't do anything stupid.

"This is a very cautious situation that we're in. You have to be conservative in terms of using your assets and using them wisely. We're building for the future." - Zeke (I guess not protecting a first round pick is being conservative)
callmened

5/23/2015  2:01 PM
im concerned about winslow's jumper. in the beginning of the yr it was AWFUL...like DREADFUL AWFUL. to his credit he improved but he was never like a solid outside shooter. the concern i have is...is he a good shooter now? or will he regress back to his mean
Knicks1969
Member: #5915

5/23/2015  2:21 PM    LAST EDITED: 5/23/2015  2:27 PM
EwingsGlass wrote:

Excellent question. I don't know how any of the dudes on this board can claim that this kid is the BPA when they don't know jack about him. IMO, we know a hell of a lot about Winslow already. He has proven that he can improve on areas that were considered his weaknesses, and most of all we saw what he can be playing on the big stage. After Towns, Okafor, Russell, Winslow is he BPA

Thank God Fisher is no longer our coach, now let's get Calderon out of here:)
Knicks1969

5/23/2015  2:23 PM
If Mudiay were as good as his agent is portraying him to be, he would be at the combines. They are tying to hide him to fool clubs like Knicks or Philly
Vmart
Member: #247
USA
5/23/2015  2:31 PM    LAST EDITED: 5/23/2015  2:36 PM
Knicks1969 wrote:If Mudiay were as good as his agent is portraying him to be, he would be at the combines. They are tying to hide him to fool clubs like Knicks or Philly

What is there to hide they will get a hands on workout with him. The combines came and went what did it prove nothing nada. Only thing I found out was Russell wears heels.

Knicks1969

5/23/2015  2:36 PM
Vmart wrote:
Knicks1969 wrote:If Mudiay were as good as his agent is portraying him to be, he would be at the combines. They are tying to hide him to fool clubs like Knicks or Philly

What is there to hide they will get a hands on workout with him. The combines came and went what did it prove nothing nada. Only thing I found out was Russell where heels.

What do you mean by that???

blkexec
Member: #748
5/23/2015  2:36 PM
If Mudiay is that good, then Russell will be available at 4.....Otherwise get the best 2 way player in the draft. The important thing about 19yr olds is progression. Who has improved the most as freshmens. Winslow is a championship glue guy.....Locker room leader.....Leads with passion on the court. Leadership and Chemistry is just as important as skill sets .....just look at JR smith now and before. Winslow has instant chemistry with an increasing skill set against ACC talent. He has a proven record of playing a robin role with batman potential. Hes a low risk option. The rest of these names are high risk options at 4.

Mudiay
Prov....something (Euro)
Herog.....something (Euro)
WCS

Kaminsky might be a low risk option as well.....So Im happy with any of these three at 4.....

Russell
Winslow
Kaminsky

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
Knicks1969

5/23/2015  2:52 PM    LAST EDITED: 5/23/2015  2:54 PM
There is no way the Knicks will pass on Russell if he is available. This is why I am so unhappy with the fourth pick.

I pray to God we don't draft Mudiay. I see nothing about this kid that I like. The hell with his athletic abilities or so called potential. I want Russell or Winslow if Towns is not available

Vmart
Member: #247
USA
5/23/2015  2:54 PM
blkexec wrote:If Mudiay is that good, then Russell will be available at 4.....Otherwise get the best 2 way player in the draft. The important thing about 19yr olds is progression. Who has improved the most as freshmens. Winslow is a championship glue guy.....Locker room leader.....Leads with passion on the court. Leadership and Chemistry is just as important as skill sets .....just look at JR smith now and before. Winslow has instant chemistry with an increasing skill set against ACC talent. He has a proven record of playing a robin role with batman potential. Hes a low risk option. The rest of these names are high risk options at 4.

Mudiay
Prov....something (Euro)
WCS

Kaminsky might be a low risk option as well.....So Im happy with any of these three at 4.....

Russell
Winslow
Kaminsky

Mudiay isn't risky he is a safe as it gets. This guy played against professionals last year and did well. You can't use professionals and any college guys in the same sentence. All you could say about them is they are going pro.

Knicks1969

5/23/2015  3:03 PM
Vmart wrote:
blkexec wrote:If Mudiay is that good, then Russell will be available at 4.....Otherwise get the best 2 way player in the draft. The important thing about 19yr olds is progression. Who has improved the most as freshmens. Winslow is a championship glue guy.....Locker room leader.....Leads with passion on the court. Leadership and Chemistry is just as important as skill sets .....just look at JR smith now and before. Winslow has instant chemistry with an increasing skill set against ACC talent. He has a proven record of playing a robin role with batman potential. Hes a low risk option. The rest of these names are high risk options at 4.

Mudiay
Prov....something (Euro)
WCS

Russell
Winslow
Kaminsky

Mudiay isn't risky he is a safe as it gets. This guy played against professionals last year and did well. You can't use professionals and any college guys in the same sentence. All you could say about them is they are going pro.

How many professional games exactly are you talking about? Last I checked, this dude was hurt and played less then Twenty games.

Knicks1969

5/23/2015  3:07 PM
Mudiay

By Corbett Smith
Email
Published: March 3, 2015 10:23 am
The waiting game begins for Emmanuel Mudiay, last year’s SportsDay Player of the Year.

His professional stop in China ended today, as his Guangdong Tigers were eliminated in the CBA semifinals with an overtime loss, 107-105, to the Beijing Ducks, behind 38 points by former NBA star Stephon Marbury.

Mudiay didn’t have a great game, despite filling the stat sheet with 15 points, eight rebounds and seven assists. He struggled with ball security and decision-making at times; hardly surprising, considering that he’s just 18 years old and still shaking off rust from a November ankle injury.

Here are his Game 4 highlights, from OneWorldSports.com:

It was only Mudiay’s second game back from injury, helping Guangdong stave off a three-game sweep in the best-of-five series with 24 points on 9-for-16 shooting, eight rebounds, four assists and two steals in a 110-99 win two days ago. As tallied by ESPN’s Chad Ford, in 12 games in China, Mudiay averaged 18 points, 6.3 rebounds, 5.9 assists, shot 51.4 percent from the field, 34.2 percent on 3-pointers and only 57.4 percent from the free-throw line.

Mudiay will now come back to the U.S., to prep for the upcoming draft. He’s expected to be selected anywhere in the top five picks. Ford currently has him third on his draft board, behind two big men: Duke’s Jahlil Okafor and Kentucky’s Karl-Anthony Towns.

The case for Justice Winslow

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy