JR Smith
Author Thread
holfresh
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1081

4/26/2015  6:08 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
knickscity wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Was out, what happened? Sounds like the LeBron effect wore off. Not that Im at all surprised.

Just JR being JR, about to be suspended for a cheap shot, just like he did with us.

Good gravy the man is dense. Have to check out the recap. I hope this puts to rest the notion that we got robbed in that trade. Every GM in the league knew there was a good chance that this might happen.

We still got robbed..

AUTOADVERT
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

4/26/2015  6:09 PM
gunsnewing wrote:We still got robbed as we did with the Chandler Calderon trade

JR could drive his car on to the court and run a few Celtics over, and you would still be complaining about the trade.

gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
4/26/2015  6:24 PM
GustavBahler wrote:

JR could drive his car on to the court and run a few Celtics over, and you would still be complaining about the trade.

I hate JR for the record but I am a big Iman Shumpert fan.

So glad we got a 2019 2nd pick from pic for the 2 of them(insert sarcasm here)

GustavBahler

4/26/2015  6:44 PM
gunsnewing wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

I hate JR for the record but I am a big Iman Shumpert fan.

So glad we got a 2019 2nd pick from pic for the 2 of them(insert sarcasm here)

I was big time fan of Shump for most of the time he was here as you might know. I never doubted his potential. Unfortunately it didnt look like he put in the work to get to the next level. Shump, for all his bravado was pathologically allergic to the rim. I just ran out of patience and it looks like Phil did as well. Im guessing he made the decision that this team was going nowhere and waiting to possibly do better for Shump alone in the offseason wasnt worth risking doing well enough to lose out on a top pick. Shump clearly needed a change of scenery. Shump helped us get rid of JR, for that I am eternally grateful.

knickscity
Member: #4241
USA
4/26/2015  7:07 PM
holfresh wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
knickscity wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Was out, what happened? Sounds like the LeBron effect wore off. Not that Im at all surprised.

Just JR being JR, about to be suspended for a cheap shot, just like he did with us.

Good gravy the man is dense. Have to check out the recap. I hope this puts to rest the notion that we got robbed in that trade. Every GM in the league knew there was a good chance that this might happen.

We still got robbed..

As my dad would say "they took nothing of value".

holfresh

4/26/2015  7:17 PM
knickscity wrote:
holfresh wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
knickscity wrote:

We still got robbed..

Always in the eye of the beholder..The trade made Cleveland a contender..They are saying the GM is GM of the year..Our GM was ranked last..Do the math..

GustavBahler

4/26/2015  7:32 PM
holfresh wrote:
knickscity wrote:
holfresh wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
knickscity wrote:

We still got robbed..

Always in the eye of the beholder..The trade made Cleveland a contender..They are saying the GM is GM of the year..Our GM was ranked last..Do the math..

Lets see how long JR is suspended for before we start passing out awards. JR's Chuck Norris impression might have cost another team a playoff run. Have to give credit to Moz as well. Most important addition of all of them.

stopstandthere
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #6004

4/26/2015  7:35 PM
If JR was never a Knick, he never played Knicks for a single game before, would our comments on him are less harsh? Would we be dashing to chase him in the FA market?
holfresh

4/26/2015  7:44 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
holfresh wrote:
knickscity wrote:
holfresh wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
knickscity wrote:

We still got robbed..

Lets see how long JR is suspended for before we start passing out awards. JR's Chuck Norris impression might have cost another team a playoff run. Have to give credit to Moz as well. Most important addition of all of them.

You might have missed Olynyk taking out Love's shoulder which might have more to do with Cleveland's chances..Funny no mention of it in these pages..

Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
4/26/2015  7:46 PM
holfresh wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
holfresh wrote:
knickscity wrote:
holfresh wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
knickscity wrote:

We still got robbed..

You might have missed Olynyk taking out Love's shoulder which might have more to do with Cleveland's chances..Funny no mention of it in these pages..

Yeah they took a hit with that. Kinda reminded me if KG's dirty play on Melo.

GustavBahler

4/26/2015  7:50 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/26/2015  7:52 PM
holfresh wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
holfresh wrote:
knickscity wrote:
holfresh wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
knickscity wrote:

We still got robbed..

As with JR, we dont know what will happen. The difference being that Love wasnt acting like a fool again. What the heck were you expecting that we would get for a player with his track record?

holfresh

4/26/2015  7:52 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
holfresh wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
holfresh wrote:
knickscity wrote:
holfresh wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
knickscity wrote:

We still got robbed..

As with JR, we dont know what will happen. The difference being that Love wasnt acting like a fool again. What the heck were you expecting that we would get for a player with his track record?

Did u see the play?

GustavBahler

4/26/2015  7:58 PM
holfresh wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
holfresh wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
holfresh wrote:
knickscity wrote:
holfresh wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
knickscity wrote:

We still got robbed..

Did u see the play?

Yes. Supposed to be getting treatment. Im guessing Love will give it a try. Still some time to work on it. Not much time though.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
4/26/2015  9:14 PM
holfresh wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
holfresh wrote:
knickscity wrote:
holfresh wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
knickscity wrote:

We still got robbed..

Yeah but that happened before Jrs shenanigans. With Love out JR is needed more if they are ging to compete with Bulls. He probably made himself not available for the first two games of the Bulls series.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
holfresh

4/26/2015  9:24 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
holfresh wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
holfresh wrote:
knickscity wrote:
holfresh wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
knickscity wrote:

We still got robbed..

Yeah but that happened before Jrs shenanigans. With Love out JR is needed more if they are ging to compete with Bulls. He probably made himself not available for the first two games of the Bulls series.

Crowder played a part in it..He hit JR three times before the incident..This is after Crowder made a statement before the game about being the more physical team...That's why they put Perkins in to set a pick on Crowder..It wasn't right what JR did but it was clearly retaliatory reaction..Sorry I just can't look at these things in a vacuum...

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
4/27/2015  11:00 AM
GustavBahler wrote:
holfresh wrote:
knickscity wrote:
holfresh wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
knickscity wrote:

We still got robbed..

JR made Cleveland a contender? What, were they in the lottery before JR had a nice half-season and Shump did nothing? LeQ and the New Superfriends were going out in the first round were they?

Moz, the project that is flourishing only a short five years later. In hindsight, we obviously should have never made that Trade... [sarcasm]

fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
4/27/2015  11:19 AM
holfresh wrote:
knickscity wrote:
holfresh wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
knickscity wrote:

We still got robbed..

yup... without JR and Shump they probably dont make the playoffs
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/27/2015  2:59 PM
We didn't get robbed. JR could only succeed on a team with strong leadership, and thus the team got better with him in a supporting role. Him, Shump and Moz all in supporting roles to three allstars.

You can't rebuild with a bone head mentally soft player who caves under pressure. JR does stupid things at the wrong time.
He has great talent and should just play basketball!
BUt he has issues. He is mentally soft. They got into his head. A true pro knows how to take a punch and not retaliate. Winning is revenge.
We got robbed? I dont think so.

earthmansurfer
Member: #858
Germany
4/27/2015  3:09 PM
holfresh wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
holfresh wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
holfresh wrote:
knickscity wrote:
holfresh wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
knickscity wrote:

We still got robbed..

Crowder played a part in it..He hit JR three times before the incident..This is after Crowder made a statement before the game about being the more physical team...That's why they put Perkins in to set a pick on Crowder..It wasn't right what JR did but it was clearly retaliatory reaction..Sorry I just can't look at these things in a vacuum...

Yeah, I noticed Crowder getting into JR. I mean JR knows the cameras are on him, he must've really got pushed (and did from what I saw.)
Further, that slap, though hard, didn't seem directed at his head. (Unless JR set it up good that way.) I think Crowder reaped what he sowed here.
He pushed JR to that limit and now the poor guy is hurt.

The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift. Albert Einstein
NardDogNation
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #5555

4/28/2015  2:02 AM
I'm surprised that all JR got was 2 games. That kind of hit to a person's head could kill them and based on that alone, I thought he should've been suspended for the postseason. I'm so glad he is no longer a Knick. It is by far the best trade we've made in some time.
JR Smith

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy