holfresh
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1081

4/26/2015  1:02 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:
holfresh wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:He's averaging a double double and he outrebounded Dwight 18 to 5 in game 1. In the last 2, it's looked like he can't keep up with a healthy Dwight Howard. I'm sure they still wouldn't trade him back for Calderon though.

Wasn't that Dwight's first game back after taking a game or two off and I believe he played less than 20 minutes that game. One guy plays 30+min and the other played >20min.

Tyson is who he is though, a good player.

It was Dwight's tenth game back. The low min were because he couldn't stay out of foul trouble, not because of injury.

It was injury..If you saw the game they mentioned he would play limited minutes...

OK but that sounds strange. His minutes needed to be limited in his 10th but not 11th game back? I'm not sure how much more he would have played anyway since he had 5 fouls.

Well since he has been back they had been limiting his minutes to 20 minutes a game..That continued to game one..But he and Josh Smith was playing well in game 2 so they let his minutes run into the 30s..I think now the minutes restrictions are gone..But they did talk about limiting his minutes in game one..

AUTOADVERT
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
4/27/2015  6:03 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/27/2015  6:17 AM
I'd say he's outplayed Dwight in 2 games and gotten outplayed in 2 so far. Dwight still has better #s for the series overall but Tyson's not bad at 10 pts, 12 rbs, 1.5 blks. No one expects him to fully keep up with a healthy Dwight Howard.
knickscity
Member: #4241
USA
4/27/2015  6:08 AM
Such a silly thread.
nyk4ever
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #848
USA
4/27/2015  8:02 AM
knickscity wrote:Such a silly thread.

not really. people on this board make chandler out to be wilt chamberlain. the dude quit while he was here, so i think it's a pretty valid thread.

"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

4/27/2015  8:13 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/27/2015  8:14 AM
to be fair it was still a good trade by Dallas. Tyson was good for them most of the year and they didnt give up hardly anything. They also dumped Calderon's contract on us. I agree Tyson is terrible in the playoffs but it was still a good trade for them...for us not so much
KnicksFE
Member: #3561

4/27/2015  8:19 AM
nyk4ever wrote:

not really. people on this board make chandler out to be wilt chamberlain. the dude quit while he was here, so i think it's a pretty valid thread.

Even a quitting Tyson Chandler is better than ALL THE SCRUBS Phil got for him, what a BAD, HORRIBLE trade.

Bonn1997
USA
4/27/2015  8:25 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/27/2015  8:27 AM
nyk4ever wrote:

Come on. You're above that kind of hyperbole.
I'm probably Tyson's biggest supporter and I would call him only a top 40 player in the league.
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

4/27/2015  8:25 AM
KnicksFE wrote:
nyk4ever wrote:

Even a quitting Tyson Chandler is better than ALL THE SCRUBS Phil got for him, what a BAD, HORRIBLE trade.

I understand Tyson's value was low because of his bad play/injuries but the fact that they got Phil to take Calderon's terrible contract makes me a bit nervous to be honest. I would have be thrilled with just getting a late fist rounder.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/27/2015  9:41 AM
Calderon played well last season. With the benefit of hindsight one can blast the trade now but at the time:

Tyson was disinterested in the triangle going forward and did not want to be here.
Calderon was the PG that lead dallas to 7 games against the eventual champ Spurs.
At 7 mil a year thats not a cap killer.
Dalebert looked good last year. Guess what, Dallas is a better team than us!

Trade was made based on LAST year, not in hindsight. One has to put yourself in the moment when the trade was done to understand it.

Im sure Phil would like a bogey on that one, but you know all teams make mistakes. If Cleanthony works out and Caledron has a good year next season the opinion changes.

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
4/27/2015  10:31 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/27/2015  10:32 AM
Nalod wrote:Calderon played well last season. With the benefit of hindsight one can blast the trade now but at the time:

Tyson was disinterested in the triangle going forward and did not want to be here.
Calderon was the PG that lead dallas to 7 games against the eventual champ Spurs.

Trade was made based on LAST year, not in hindsight. One has to put yourself in the moment when the trade was done to understand it.

+1, for the ten thousandth time. Anyone care about Cuban (or anyone) taking Ray Felton for anything?

Nalod wrote:Im sure Phil would like a bogey on that one, but you know all teams make mistakes. If Cleanthony works out and Caledron has a good year next season the opinion changes.

Yes, the opinion will be that Calderone's first year bust was the fact that he had no one on the team to make him better.
Or that he's only playing for his next contract.

KnicksFE
Member: #3561

4/27/2015  10:41 AM
Nalod wrote:Calderon played well last season. With the benefit of hindsight one can blast the trade now but at the time:

Im sure Phil would like a bogey on that one, but you know all teams make mistakes. If Cleanthony works out and Caledron has a good year next season the opinion changes.

I’m sorry but Calderon’ stats last year suggested that he was already overpaid (his contract was too long for his production and age), and he was already past his prime. It was clearly a gamble and we lost.

BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
4/27/2015  11:45 AM
KnicksFE wrote:

I’m sorry but Calderon’ stats last year suggested that he was already overpaid (his contract was too long for his production and age), and he was already past his prime. It was clearly a gamble and we lost.

Jose is done. If Phil was serious about a defensive mentality how could we have the absolute worst PG defender in the league playing any material minutes? Id much rather have a hungry athletic young pup there. A 35 year old slow pG on bad ankles?

RIP Crushalot😞
RonRon
Member: #246
4/27/2015  2:36 PM
Well, in the process we did add Thanasis who could be the key with his ceiling on evaluating the trade

Now finding the players that compliment Thanasis's development and ability to defend would be the key to our defense moving forward

Bonn1997
USA
4/27/2015  3:15 PM
jrodmc wrote:

+1, for the ten thousandth time. Anyone care about Cuban (or anyone) taking Ray Felton for anything?

Nalod wrote:Im sure Phil would like a bogey on that one, but you know all teams make mistakes. If Cleanthony works out and Caledron has a good year next season the opinion changes.

Yes, the opinion will be that Calderone's first year bust was the fact that he had no one on the team to make him better.
Or that he's only playing for his next contract.

I certainly don't. It's not like he's killed the Mavs season, and we took back a PG owed triple the money anyway.
MS
Member: #724
4/27/2015  4:14 PM
Cuban made a great move.

Why doesn't anyoen ever bring up the fact that Phil did not cut salary with this move, he added it. That's why this trade made no sense at any point in time. Jose is an average player. Galloway is give you more and we are paying him 200K

Calderon
2014 - $7.09MM
2015 - $7.4MM
2016 - $7.7MM

Raymond Felton
2014 - $4.3MM
2015 - $4.5MM player option

So to review this is the same Knicks team that didn't want to take Jeff Teague's contract at 8MM becauyse it ran to 2016. Phil gave up a top 5 center to get rid of a guy on that had a player option adding 2.3MM in salary next season and $7.7MM the following season. I don't care what chandler did there is always someone desperate for talent come playoff time.

The Blazers wouldn't have potentially taken Chandler and Smith for Lopez and another contract to ensure LA stays. Toronto wouldn't have thought about a deal? Phil panicked on his first deal and it will cost this team big time.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
4/27/2015  5:23 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:I'd say he's outplayed Dwight in 2 games and gotten outplayed in 2 so far. Dwight still has better #s for the series overall but Tyson's not bad at 10 pts, 12 rbs, 1.5 blks. No one expects him to fully keep up with a healthy Dwight Howard.
Dwight looked great in game one. I didn't get the impression that Chandler outplayed Dwight. Dwight just wasn't on the floor as much. He was pretty unstoppable.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Bonn1997
USA
4/27/2015  5:43 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/27/2015  5:47 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:I'd say he's outplayed Dwight in 2 games and gotten outplayed in 2 so far. Dwight still has better #s for the series overall but Tyson's not bad at 10 pts, 12 rbs, 1.5 blks. No one expects him to fully keep up with a healthy Dwight Howard.
Dwight looked great in game one. I didn't get the impression that Chandler outplayed Dwight. Dwight just wasn't on the floor as much. He was pretty unstoppable.

If you're going to say that Dwight's 11 pt, 5 rb, 5 blocks, 5 fouls in 17 min is outstanding (and it is good), you'd have to call Chandler's 11 pts, 18 rbs, 2 stls outstanding too. That's unstoppable on the boards. He had 13 more rebounds in 14 more minutes than Dwight.
mreinman
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3189

4/27/2015  6:40 PM
MS wrote:Cuban made a great move.

Why doesn't anyoen ever bring up the fact that Phil did not cut salary with this move, he added it. That's why this trade made no sense at any point in time. Jose is an average player. Galloway is give you more and we are paying him 200K

Calderon
2014 - $7.09MM
2015 - $7.4MM
2016 - $7.7MM

Raymond Felton
2014 - $4.3MM

So to review this is the same Knicks team that didn't want to take Jeff Teague's contract at 8MM becauyse it ran to 2016. Phil gave up a top 5 center to get rid of a guy on that had a player option adding 2.3MM in salary next season and $7.7MM the following season. I don't care what chandler did there is always someone desperate for talent come playoff time.

The Blazers wouldn't have potentially taken Chandler and Smith for Lopez and another contract to ensure LA stays. Toronto wouldn't have thought about a deal? Phil panicked on his first deal and it will cost this team big time.

Cuban did make a great move here ...

He also made a TERRIBLE move with Rondo.

You win some you lose some.

so here is what phil is thinking ....
knickscity
Member: #4241
USA
4/27/2015  7:24 PM
mreinman wrote:

Calderon
2014 - $7.09MM
2015 - $7.4MM
2016 - $7.7MM

Raymond Felton
2014 - $4.3MM

Rondo doesnt fit with Carlisle. While he isnt the same player from the Celtics contender days, Carlisle made Rondo look like a rookie. A pg should have the ability to call a play, carlisle never gives that oppourtunity...even Kidd wasnt used it to it.
mreinman
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3189

4/27/2015  9:22 PM
knickscity wrote:
mreinman wrote:

Calderon
2014 - $7.09MM
2015 - $7.4MM
2016 - $7.7MM

Raymond Felton
2014 - $4.3MM

Rondo doesnt fit with Carlisle. While he isnt the same player from the Celtics contender days, Carlisle made Rondo look like a rookie. A pg should have the ability to call a play, carlisle never gives that oppourtunity...even Kidd wasnt used it to it.

Rondo did not fit with boston either for a while

so here is what phil is thinking ....
Dallas Maverick's blog: Where's Tyson?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy