[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Free agency much harder than most fans think
Author Thread
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
4/26/2015  1:57 PM
s3231 wrote:I actually think too many people underrate the flexibility you have with nearly $30 million in cap space. Unlike what the media says, it's not just about guys like Gasol/Aldridge/Leonard/etc., but there will be good players to be had at good value and on short term deals.

Look at what the Hawks did in 2013 when they got an all-star in Millsap at a 2 year deal (and Millsap was not one of the top 5 heralded guys in that class). There will be value guys to be had at shorter deals, especially due to the significant salary cap increases over the next couple of seasons as guys look to be in a better position to take advantage of that situation.

Nevermind the triangle or Phil's sales skills....just for the sake of getting a bigger payday eventually or getting more recognition, there will be guys that will want to come to NY to play on a bigger stage and to showcase their skills. The most important thing for us is that Phil targets the right guys and doesn't put us in another Amare situation where we get stuck behind a massive contract that doesn't come close to reflecting the value of the player. Based on Phil's comments in the Town Hall and in the media lately, i think he realizes the importance of this.

There is no reason why we can't come out of free agency with 2-3 quality starting caliber players that will put us in position to make the playoffs next season. Both fans and the media just need to be patient because there will be no short term solve to get us to contention in 1 season....our roster was never in a good position for us to get there that quickly and we are going to be in asset accumulation mode for at least another 1-2 seasons. That doesn't mean that we can't at least be competitive next season though and I think that has to be the short term goal for now.

Great post.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
AUTOADVERT
MS
Member: #724
4/26/2015  2:14 PM
I don't think going after a guy like Green is a smart move. Reminds me when Golden State overpaid for fisher to get that championship pedigree. He's a system player, player for the best coach in the league with the most professional organization. Probably the 5th best player on the team.

I think guys we should go hard at most of the below guys, as you can build a playoff team around the defensive toughness and high IQs of most of the guys below. A healthy Melo and a great draft selection can make us a dangerous team as long as Caledron and Hardaway home back improved.

Point Guard
Kirk Hinrich, Bulls
-cheap option, professionalism

Shooting Guard
Kris Middleton, Bucks
-will get overpaid, but long defender and will improve

Small Forward (any combination with our pick would be dream scenario)
Drammond Green, Warriors
-offer him his max, defense, smarts and leadership
Demarre Carrol, Hawks
-great option for 5-6MM, we need toughness
Jae Crowder, Boston
-toughness and defense

Power Forwards
David West, Pacers
Brandon Bass, Celtics
Ed Davis, Lakers
Luis Scola, Pacers

Center
Brandon Wright

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
4/26/2015  2:19 PM
^^^would love for the Knicks to get Crowder. He is on a minimum deal and would probably sign a reasonable deal. Wasn't Crowder a power forward in college?
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
4/26/2015  2:43 PM
CrushAlot wrote:^^^would love for the Knicks to get Crowder. He is on a minimum deal and would probably sign a reasonable deal. Wasn't Crowder a power forward in college?

Boston loves Crowder but that's a fine name for the right price. He's up and coming

RIP Crushalot😞
yellowboy90
Member: #3538

4/26/2015  5:52 PM
MS wrote:I don't think going after a guy like Green is a smart move. Reminds me when Golden State overpaid for fisher to get that championship pedigree. He's a system player, player for the best coach in the league with the most professional organization. Probably the 5th best player on the team.

I think guys we should go hard at most of the below guys, as you can build a playoff team around the defensive toughness and high IQs of most of the guys below. A healthy Melo and a great draft selection can make us a dangerous team as long as Caledron and Hardaway home back improved.

Point Guard
Kirk Hinrich, Bulls

Shooting Guard
Kris Middleton, Bucks

Drammond Green, Warriors
Demarre Carrol, Hawks
Jae Crowder, Boston
-toughness and defense

Power Forwards
David West, Pacers
Brandon Bass, Celtics
Ed Davis, Lakers
Luis Scola, Pacers

Center
Brandon Wright

There is a big difference between Fisher and Green, one guy was an elite 3pt shooter he other guy okay. One guy is able to defend 1-3 and the other guy gritty, one guy efficient the other guy was not.

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
4/26/2015  7:13 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:
MS wrote:I don't think going after a guy like Green is a smart move. Reminds me when Golden State overpaid for fisher to get that championship pedigree. He's a system player, player for the best coach in the league with the most professional organization. Probably the 5th best player on the team.

Point Guard
Kirk Hinrich, Bulls

Shooting Guard
Kris Middleton, Bucks

Drammond Green, Warriors
Demarre Carrol, Hawks
Jae Crowder, Boston
-toughness and defense

Power Forwards
David West, Pacers
Brandon Bass, Celtics
Ed Davis, Lakers
Luis Scola, Pacers

Center
Brandon Wright

There is a big difference between Fisher and Green, one guy was an elite 3pt shooter he other guy okay. One guy is able to defend 1-3 and the other guy gritty, one guy efficient the other guy was not.

Yeah and let's just ignore Danny Green's big stage proven performance, defensive ability and high efficiency. Let's compare Green to players that simply aren't on his level and take all credit from him by suggesting he's just a product of his system. HOGWASH!!! You can either play or you can't. No one can play defense for you. No one can make you hit big shots.
Danny has done it at the highest level, against the best competition. He's not a star but he's a solid player that we can afford.
BRIGGS
4/26/2015  8:12 PM
nixluva wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:

Point Guard
Kirk Hinrich, Bulls

Shooting Guard
Kris Middleton, Bucks

Drammond Green, Warriors
Demarre Carrol, Hawks
Jae Crowder, Boston
-toughness and defense

Power Forwards
David West, Pacers
Brandon Bass, Celtics
Ed Davis, Lakers
Luis Scola, Pacers

Center
Brandon Wright

Yeah and let's just ignore Danny Green's big stage proven performance, defensive ability and high efficiency. Let's compare Green to players that simply aren't on his level and take all credit from him by suggesting he's just a product of his system. HOGWASH!!! You can either play or you can't. No one can play defense for you. No one can make you hit big shots.
Danny has done it at the highest level, against the best competition. He's not a star but he's a solid player that we can afford.

We dont have a set up like SA. Green was what he is today--a 3 point shooter--and he was off. 0-6 no points 2 rebounds and his counterpart was 6-12 17 points. If Green is not hitting than he has a limited game. Green is a glorified role player--whatever his stats say--thats what he is. We need more than that. We need players who can break the dribble down. Who can be counted on to score 16-20 points. Remember we dont have Tim Duncan and 3 other 7 footers. Thats FIRST on the list--guys like Danny Green--th role players--thats last.

RIP Crushalot😞
nixluva
USA
4/26/2015  8:29 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
nixluva wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:

Point Guard
Kirk Hinrich, Bulls

Shooting Guard
Kris Middleton, Bucks

Drammond Green, Warriors
Demarre Carrol, Hawks
Jae Crowder, Boston
-toughness and defense

Power Forwards
David West, Pacers
Brandon Bass, Celtics
Ed Davis, Lakers
Luis Scola, Pacers

Center
Brandon Wright

We dont have a set up like SA. Green was what he is today--a 3 point shooter--and he was off. 0-6 no points 2 rebounds and his counterpart was 6-12 17 points. If Green is not hitting than he has a limited game. Green is a glorified role player--whatever his stats say--thats what he is. We need more than that. We need players who can break the dribble down. Who can be counted on to score 16-20 points. Remember we dont have Tim Duncan and 3 other 7 footers. Thats FIRST on the list--guys like Danny Green--th role players--thats last.

We WILL be adding more talent in the Front Court to go along with Melo, Gallo and Schved. We could end up with Towns and Monroe for all we know. We could also end up with Russell and Danny Green as our starting backcourt. We could end up with OK4 and Danny Green on the Perimeter. It's all up in the air right now.

I understand what you're saying about the type of guard we need, however in Free Agency Danny Green is 2nd only to Butler on the list of SG's. Who are you suggesting at SG instead of Green? Yes Green isn't a quick breakdown SG. He's similar to Wesley Matthews and other strong SG's. Green is just one of the possibilities this summer and his production suggests he'd help this team with his strong defense and efficient scoring.

BRIGGS
4/26/2015  9:02 PM
nixluva wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
nixluva wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:

Point Guard
Kirk Hinrich, Bulls

Shooting Guard
Kris Middleton, Bucks

Drammond Green, Warriors
Demarre Carrol, Hawks
Jae Crowder, Boston
-toughness and defense

Power Forwards
David West, Pacers
Brandon Bass, Celtics
Ed Davis, Lakers
Luis Scola, Pacers

Center
Brandon Wright

We WILL be adding more talent in the Front Court to go along with Melo, Gallo and Schved. We could end up with Towns and Monroe for all we know. We could also end up with Russell and Danny Green as our starting backcourt. We could end up with OK4 and Danny Green on the Perimeter. It's all up in the air right now.

I understand what you're saying about the type of guard we need, however in Free Agency Danny Green is 2nd only to Butler on the list of SG's. Who are you suggesting at SG instead of Green? Yes Green isn't a quick breakdown SG. He's similar to Wesley Matthews and other strong SG's. Green is just one of the possibilities this summer and his production suggests he'd help this team with his strong defense and efficient scoring.

nixluva--pretty simple from me 90% of my assets would go to the post(scoring and rim protection) and guys who can break you off the dribble. I would consider Danny Green in the 10% class and he cost too much money for what we have and where we are. We have 0 FRONTCOURT players signed.

RIP Crushalot😞
nixluva
USA
4/26/2015  9:27 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
nixluva wrote:We WILL be adding more talent in the Front Court to go along with Melo, Gallo and Schved. We could end up with Towns and Monroe for all we know. We could also end up with Russell and Danny Green as our starting backcourt. We could end up with OK4 and Danny Green on the Perimeter. It's all up in the air right now.

nixluva--pretty simple from me 90% of my assets would go to the post(scoring and rim protection) and guys who can break you off the dribble. I would consider Danny Green in the 10% class and he cost too much money for what we have and where we are. We have 0 FRONTCOURT players signed.

OK. I, as you know, also want to make sure we get our Front court upgraded. There are a lot of Bigs in this FA Market but fewer high level Guards. I'm taking a bit of a different approach. I'm trying to make sure that we maximize the money we spend taking players that are proven to be impact players. Danny Green is actually worth it to me cuz he's a very good 3nD guard. He's smart and team oriented and comes from a system not unlike what we run. I think we can get a breakdown guard to mix in with Schved who I consider a breakdown guard, but I want a very good defensive SG who can match up with the better guards in the league. Green is that kind of player.

Rk Player Pos Age Tm G MP PER TS% 3PAr FTr ORB% DRB% TRB% AST% STL% BLK% TOV% USG% OWS DWS WS WS/48 ▾ VORP
20 C. Joseph PG 23 SAS 79 1444 15.5 .564 .107 .348 3.5 11.4 7.5 19.7 1.6 0.9 12.4 17.0 2.7 1.8 4.5 .149 1.0
31 Goran Dragic PG 28 TOT 78 2640 17.4 .577 .258 .234 3.5 8.2 5.9 22.8 1.5 0.5 13.5 21.8 5.4 1.4 6.8 .123 2.1
38 Bran Knight PG 23 TOT 63 2035 17.1 .543 .361 .251 1.6 12.0 6.8 27.4 2.3 0.4 16.1 25.9 2.0 2.5 4.5 .106 1.6
39 Reg Jackson PG 24 TOT 77 2268 17.2 .511 .242 .219 2.6 12.9 7.8 34.8 1.4 0.3 14.6 24.6 3.3 1.7 4.9 .104 1.6

Rk Player Pos Age Tm G MP PER TS% 3PAr FTr ORB% DRB% TRB% AST% STL% BLK% TOV% USG% OWS DWS WS WS/48 ▾ VORP
2 Jimmy Butler SG 25 CHI 65 2513 21.3 .583 .212 .508 5.1 11.2 8.2 14.4 2.3 1.0 7.7 21.6 8.2 3.0 11.2 .214 4.2
11 Danny Green SG 27 SAS 81 2312 16.5 .596 .619 .172 2.7 13.9 8.4 10.3 2.2 2.8 10.5 17.5 4.0 3.9 7.8 .163 4.1
18 A. Morrow SG 29 OKC 74 1806 14.8 .604 .528 .145 2.4 9.1 5.8 5.2 1.5 0.5 5.5 16.5 4.4 1.2 5.7 .151 1.2
22 W. Matthews SG 28 POR 60 2024 16.1 .586 .592 .193 2.1 9.5 5.9 10.8 1.9 0.4 9.0 19.8 4.0 2.2 6.2 .147 3.0
26 Alexey Shved SG 26 TOT 42 767 19.5 .541 .415 .448 3.3 11.7 7.3 25.7 2.0 0.6 10.7 26.3 1.7 0.5 2.2 .135 0.5
40 Mar Belinelli SG 28 SAS 62 1388 12.4 .553 .489 .211 2.2 10.5 6.4 10.3 1.1 0.2 10.6 18.8 1.5 1.4 2.9 .100 0.5

1 DeA. Jordan C 26 LAC 82 2820 21.0 .638 .007 .882 16.2 32.4 24.5 3.2 1.5 5.4 12.8 13.6 7.4 5.4 12.8 .217 4.3
5 M. Gasol C 30 MEM 81 2687 21.7 .558 .016 .410 4.9 21.8 13.4 19.7 1.4 4.0 12.2 24.6 5.5 4.7 10.2 .182 4.6
8 A. Baynes C 28 SAS 70 1122 15.9 .618 .012 .318 11.2 20.7 16.1 4.9 0.7 1.5 14.8 17.8 2.3 1.6 3.9 .166 0.3
13 A. Ajinca C 26 NOP 68 957 19.9 .595 .000 .301 12.4 25.0 18.7 8.2 1.2 4.0 15.6 21.1 1.9 1.2 3.2 .159 0.5
14 Brook Lopez C 26 BRK 72 2100 22.7 .558 .010 .278 11.5 17.1 14.3 4.5 1.1 4.8 8.6 26.3 4.7 2.2 7.0 .159 1.1
15 B. Biyombo C 22 CHO 64 1243 15.2 .578 .000 .941 13.7 22.6 18.0 2.0 0.7 6.3 16.5 11.6 1.8 2.2 4.0 .155 0.5
19 R. Lopez C 26 POR 59 1638 16.2 .574 .002 .291 12.7 13.1 12.9 5.1 0.5 3.7 12.9 15.5 3.2 1.9 5.1 .150 1.7
23 Enes Kanter C 22 TOT 75 2135 20.3 .564 .048 .252 14.6 20.5 17.6 4.8 0.9 1.1 12.3 24.7 4.3 2.1 6.4 .145 -0.1
32 Joel Freeland C 27 POR 48 617 12.2 .522 .000 .166 11.0 21.9 16.6 3.8 0.7 2.7 12.4 13.4 0.6 0.9 1.6 .122 0.0
34 Omer Asik C 28 NOP 76 1982 15.5 .545 .000 .546 14.0 28.8 21.4 5.4 0.8 2.1 15.7 14.0 2.8 2.2 5.0 .120 0.6
35 Kosta Koufos C 25 MEM 81 1348 14.2 .530 .000 .237 10.3 25.8 18.1 4.3 1.1 3.9 14.9 15.8 0.8 2.5 3.3 .118 0.2
37 Cole Aldrich C 26 NYK 61 976 18.1 .513 .000 .213 11.6 28.9 20.0 13.3 2.0 5.5 15.2 18.3 0.8 1.4 2.2 .107 0.7

4 Bran. Wright PF 27 TOT 75 1449 20.4 .660 .008 .309 9.6 14.7 12.1 4.4 1.7 5.1 7.6 13.6 4.3 1.8 6.1 .202 2.0
6 M. Muscala PF 23 ATL 40 502 18.0 .608 .146 .166 12.2 14.8 13.5 8.0 1.6 3.2 11.5 16.7 1.2 0.7 1.9 .179 0.5
7 P. Millsap PF 29 ATL 73 2390 20.1 .565 .232 .362 6.9 20.0 13.6 15.4 2.8 2.4 13.3 23.8 4.0 4.3 8.3 .167 3.7
9 L. Aldridge PF 29 POR 71 2512 22.8 .528 .074 .256 7.7 22.9 15.5 9.2 1.0 1.9 7.2 30.2 4.9 3.7 8.6 .165 1.4
10 K. Love PF 26 CLE 75 2532 18.8 .562 .412 .337 6.5 26.3 16.6 10.7 1.0 1.2 10.0 21.7 5.8 2.9 8.7 .165 2.5
17 G. Monroe PF 24 DET 69 2137 21.2 .549 .000 .394 11.2 25.1 17.9 11.7 1.9 1.3 13.0 23.9 4.0 2.8 6.8 .153 2.1
21 Tri Thompson PF 23 CLE 82 2194 15.6 .580 .000 .508 14.5 19.7 17.2 2.7 0.8 2.2 12.2 14.0 4.7 2.1 6.8 .148 0.8
24 Jon. Jerebko PF 27 TOT 75 1230 15.0 .549 .369 .174 8.0 17.2 12.5 9.0 1.9 1.1 9.7 16.2 2.0 1.4 3.5 .135 0.9
25 K. Middleton PF 23 MIL 79 2378 15.6 .563 .308 .180 2.3 14.3 8.4 12.7 2.6 0.4 10.8 19.9 3.2 3.5 6.7 .135 2.0
27 Brandon Bass PF 29 BOS 82 1929 16.3 .557 .047 .313 7.8 14.9 11.3 8.6 1.1 1.3 9.6 19.5 3.4 1.9 5.3 .132 0.7
29 Lavoy Allen PF 25 IND 63 1070 14.9 .493 .000 .157 12.8 20.5 16.7 10.9 0.7 3.1 11.1 15.2 1.3 1.6 2.8 .127 0.8
30 Amir Johnson PF 27 TOR 75 1979 15.4 .603 .089 .249 9.3 17.3 13.3 9.4 1.1 2.4 16.0 15.7 3.5 1.6 5.1 .124 1.9

3 Kawhi Leonard SF 23 SAS 64 2033 22.0 .567 .234 .307 4.8 20.6 12.9 13.0 3.7 1.8 9.4 23.0 4.2 4.4 8.6 .204 4.1
12 Dray. Green SF 24 GSW 79 2490 16.4 .540 .430 .261 5.1 22.4 14.0 16.1 2.4 2.9 13.5 17.2 3.3 5.2 8.5 .163 4.4
16 D. Carroll SF 28 ATL 70 2189 15.9 .603 .466 .277 5.3 13.8 9.7 8.3 2.2 0.7 9.3 16.9 4.3 2.8 7.0 .154 2.7
28 Dorell Wright SF 29 POR 48 592 13.4 .525 .568 .221 2.6 17.2 10.0 10.2 1.7 1.3 7.9 17.1 0.7 0.8 1.6 .128 0.4
33 Tha Sefolosha SF 30 ATL 52 976 13.8 .506 .313 .233 6.4 19.3 13.1 11.2 2.8 1.8 12.2 14.6 0.8 1.7 2.5 .121 0.8
36 Jae Crowder SF 24 TOT 82 1647 13.9 .517 .382 .259 4.7 14.9 9.7 8.6 2.2 1.2 7.5 17.5 1.9 2.0 3.9 .113 1.1
41 Tobias Harris SF 22 ORL 68 2369 16.7 .551 .252 .258 3.4 17.3 10.3 8.8 1.5 1.2 9.8 22.5 3.0 1.8 4.8 .098 1.0

BRIGGS
4/26/2015  9:50 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/26/2015  9:51 PM
I'd try to sign a PF first who can score(and the draft pick is secondary right now)

#1 Enes Kanter full 4 year max 64mm full no trade clause and 10mm TK.
#2 Brook Lopez full 2 year max with team option for 3+
#3 Look to trade for Danillo Gallinari using cap space and future pick
#4 Greg Monroe full 2 year max contract with player option for 3
#5 Paul Millsap 2 year 28mm contract
#6 Trade for David Lee's contract for 2 #1's and 2 #2's

Now Id target a diverse young SG through trade so Id keep my cap space and this is where I am open if I get pick 3 or under for a multi asset trade.

Shabazz Muhammed #1 target
CJ McCollum #2

The goal here is to find 2 guys who can score 20 points to go along with Melo and then build out from there adding rim protection quality depth. If I cant get the PF I want--Ill trade for David Lee IF GS pays up and move the cap space to next year.

Im very willing to trade picks 3 or 4 for the RIGHT multi asset trade. No way am I completely zoned on a pick. I want to see the value and Ill call every single team to gauge it. The final result is either make the best pick I can or if someone ponies up with enough to make me pull a trade--then I would do it.

Rim protection--first off I am going to resign Cole A to a 3 year 6mm $ contract.

Im going to gauge Atlanta's interest in both Muscala and Taveras.

In any asset trade Im going to look to see if I can get a pick to get #1 Christian Wood #2 Jordan Mickey and I will seriously look into Upshaw Dakari Johnson and ANY D league shot blocker like Griffin Thabeet etal

Look into cheap back up C's around the league

Im going to be opportunistic on additional guards looking for one more pure 3 point shooter and one penetrator(or best both)

So essentially I want

A. a PF who can score 20 points and grab 10 rebounds
B. Id like to find a higher scoring guard who can shoot dribble drive pass and defend
C. Search for rim protection on the cheap---3 C's 6-11 250++ or athletic PF I can use with a bigger PF
D. Completely opportunistic on guards

Id like to keep the age of player below 27 and more like 21-24

I think with a high quality PF to go along with melo--we can make the playoffs in the east. Its of my opinion looking at OKC's financial situation going 4ward that they will NOT match a max offer with a no trade clause.

RIP Crushalot😞
nixluva
USA
4/26/2015  10:20 PM
BRIGGS wrote:So essentially I want

B. Id like to find a higher scoring guard who can shoot dribble drive pass and defend
C. Search for rim protection on the cheap---3 C's 6-11 250++ or athletic PF I can use with a bigger PF

I think with a high quality PF to go along with melo--we can make the playoffs in the east. Its of my opinion looking at OKC's financial situation going 4ward that they will NOT match a max offer with a no trade clause.

My plan is very basic. I'm looking at the very direct and low hanging fruit in Free Agency. I feel pretty good about our chances of landing these players. I feel these players are all at the higher end of the WS/48 list and have excellent value for their cost. The draft will color any plan we can come up with but;

If we draft Towns, i'm going with Monroe and Danny Green or DeMarre Carroll.
If we draft OK4 i'm looking at a "Lopez" to cover the paint and big C's. Danny Green or DeMarre Carroll.
If we draft Russell i'm going for Monroe and Green or DeMarre Carroll. Try to find another cheap shot blocker along with Cole.
If we end up with 4 or 5 i'd listen to trade offers but would also consider keeping the pick and taking Winslow or Mudiay.

I would also consider Kanter if I felt that OKC wouldn't match.

I feel there will be UDFA's and foreign players we can take a look at on the cheap. That and some of our own players from this year.

RonRon
Member: #246
4/26/2015  10:35 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/26/2015  10:38 PM
BRIGGS wrote:I'd try to sign a PF first who can score(and the draft pick is secondary right now)

Now Id target a diverse young SG through trade so Id keep my cap space and this is where I am open if I get pick 3 or under for a multi asset trade.

CJ McCollum #2

The goal here is to find 2 guys who can score 20 points to go along with Melo and then build out from there adding rim protection quality depth. If I cant get the PF I want--Ill trade for David Lee IF GS pays up and move the cap space to next year.

Im very willing to trade picks 3 or 4 for the RIGHT multi asset trade. No way am I completely zoned on a pick. I want to see the value and Ill call every single team to gauge it. The final result is either make the best pick I can or if someone ponies up with enough to make me pull a trade--then I would do it.

Rim protection--first off I am going to resign Cole A to a 3 year 6mm $ contract.

In any asset trade Im going to look to see if I can get a pick to get #1 Christian Wood #2 Jordan Mickey and I will seriously look into Upshaw Dakari Johnson and ANY D league shot blocker like Griffin Thabeet etal

Im going to be opportunistic on additional guards looking for one more pure 3 point shooter and one penetrator(or best both)

So essentially I want

Briggs, at that price, GS may have a shot to get Kevin Love, 2 1st rounders and 2 2nd rounders with David Lee and change

We CAN NOT offer Kanter a NO TRADE CLAUSE
You did not believe Harden was worth the contract or the package Houston used to acquire him
You do not believe Draymond Green is worth a MAX contract because we do not have Curry and Klay, and we can possibly develop our own triple double threat, DPOY candidate
But Kanter is the real max player while playing with Westbrook was the #1 player that teams focused on in order for Kanter to get those numbers
On top of this, I believe you do not think Kawaii Leanard, the DPOY and MVP of the finals last year vs "the best player in the world", because we do not have the players/system that SA already has...
But we should go for Kanter.....

I do not want you to feel like I am attacking you, however, I am summing up some of your thoughts and want you to think about it....

BRIGGS
4/27/2015  12:20 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/27/2015  12:23 AM
RonRon wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:I'd try to sign a PF first who can score(and the draft pick is secondary right now)

CJ McCollum #2

So essentially I want

Briggs, at that price, GS may have a shot to get Kevin Love, 2 1st rounders and 2 2nd rounders with David Lee and change

We CAN NOT offer Kanter a NO TRADE CLAUSE
You did not believe Harden was worth the contract or the package Houston used to acquire him
You do not believe Draymond Green is worth a MAX contract because we do not have Curry and Klay, and we can possibly develop our own triple double threat, DPOY candidate
But Kanter is the real max player while playing with Westbrook was the #1 player that teams focused on in order for Kanter to get those numbers
On top of this, I believe you do not think Kawaii Leanard, the DPOY and MVP of the finals last year vs "the best player in the world", because we do not have the players/system that SA already has...
But we should go for Kanter.....

I do not want you to feel like I am attacking you, however, I am summing up some of your thoughts and want you to think about it....

I do not think OKC will pay Kanter 16.5mm with a no trade clause. He just showed initial signs of what his potential is a 6-11 260 pder who is what i would call a "power" mobile" 4 who should be able to dominate in the EC. If I thought there was no chance that the Thunder would match I wouldn't even bother naming him but OKC has too many frontcourt players making too much money--it doesn't fit. A no trade clause is a killer for OKC because they will have to pay Westbrook and Durant around 32mm each. I think Ibaka Adams and Mcgary is enough for them upfront in terms of asset allocation. The money doesn't fit. Really there is no player like him in free agency. He just needs to play good solid team defense--bt I feel good with Kanter Carmelo and a higher end G that we could have our own big 3 but we can have it with more depth than many other teams. Each year we will have additional cap space for the next two--building a strong team piece by piece year by year--getting to the playoffs quickly-will make other new FA look twice at the Knicks. I don't think about guys like Butler Leonard or Green because there is no chance they will be Knicks--they are not coming here so why would I bother wasting time thinking about it. Once we have a power post--maybe even two of them if we get lucky in the draft--the better we will be able to space out. Finding secondary rim protectors guys who can penetrate etc.. that is secondary.

RIP Crushalot😞
nixluva
USA
4/27/2015  12:44 AM
Only thing about Kanter is as a GM you'd have to be DARNED SURE that Kanter was legit and ready to produce on a high level consistently to offer him a big contract. He has really earned that with years of solid production. I do feel you have to also be forward thinking and project a young player but with Kanter it was only 26 games and not an entire season like Middleton. I'd hard to really justify going hard after Kanter in the same way you might go after a Butler or Middleton who you are pretty sure are the real deal.
newyorker4ever
Member: #5816

4/27/2015  9:54 AM
GustavBahler wrote:
Vmart wrote:
knickscity wrote:
Vmart wrote:
callmened wrote:I work out with some oh his family (in long island ). He has like a thousand brothers who are athletic. .but they're just not 6-9. Anyways I know for a fact that he and his fam would love for him to be a knick. But it's all up to orlando

Honestly speaking if I were a family member I would tell him to stay away from NY. This place will eat him up and his family will have to read all about it. Better in Orlando or some other place. This place is nothing but trouble. Just look at Copeland, Sefolosha, Antic these are just visiting players and trouble finds them.

New York is a great city but there is just way to much trouble here. This is an ideal place for growth to be stunted for young players.

Lol, no family member is gonna tell their family "hey dont cash in and play here in front of us at home". Trouble can find you in Iowa. Stay away from the clubs and likely spots for things to pop off and chances are you'll be ok. The incidents you mention dont happen to NBA players or other types of ahtletes all the time, they are exceptions, nothing more.

Based on your post I fee sorry for our draft pick tho.

You know the media here is brutal. I know trouble can find them anywhere but being in and near NY don't you think these incidents tend to happen here more often. By the way Harris is a good player he can cash in anywhere I think his family knows this by now.

I was watching Dwight Gooden story the other day and being young in the city and the 24 hour atmosphere can be poisonous. This place requires an individual that can handle the city. Lately I have see players that become trapped by the city. JR Smith is a prime example of a hometown player that had trouble. The draft pick we get I hope is mature beyond his age because that is what is required to play here. You need a lot of focus because the distractions are everywhere. He is going to have to come with the Derek Jeter or Eli Manning maturity level.

Just look at LeBron in 2010 he had no intention of coming to NY. Sure he had his super friends. But make no mistake he wanted nothing to do with NY.

Most of the trouble Gooden (and Strawberry) got into was in Tampa. Very easy to find trouble there. Left that city in the late 90s. Can't wait to finally leave FLA for good next month.

Ybor City. Mons Venus.

newyorker4ever
Member: #5816

4/27/2015  10:14 AM
nixluva wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
holfresh wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
nixluva wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:Just some of the names here

Do I really want Tobias Harris for 14-16mm---personally no. He's injury prone and his talent level is all over the place. He puts up stats but they are somewhat hollow.

Danny Green is the guy I DO not want. He brings Nothing to the Knicks that we cant get for MUCH cheaper. I agree with PJ that we need some guards who take it to the basket. If I want Green Id look through rd 2 for a 3 point shooter than pay Danny Green 8-10mm as he doesnt drive the ball or much of anything else.

The guys we want--were not getting. Monroe would help but is he a game changing talent? He's been a main player on a team that has averaged 26 wins since hes been there. Im not sure on Monroe he may be a case of beggars cant be choosers.

Yes, there are lot of SGs that shoot 42% from three who can defend 1-3. He is also a good shot blocker and gets steals. But hey, to each their own.

I literally spit out my coffee reading BRIGGS statements about Danny Green. We should be so lucky to snare him from the Spurs. This guy is a ready made impact player despite what some may think. This is why I did the WS/48 list cuz sometimes the eyes fool you about who is good and who isn't. Just look at where Danny Green comes out in the list.

1 DeA. Jordan C 26 LAC 82 2820 21.0 .638 .007 .882 16.2 32.4 24.5 3.2 1.5 5.4 12.8 13.6 7.4 5.4 12.8 .217 4.3
2 Jimmy Butler SG 25 CHI 65 2513 21.3 .583 .212 .508 5.1 11.2 8.2 14.4 2.3 1.0 7.7 21.6 8.2 3.0 11.2 .214 4.2
3 Kawhi Leonard SF 23 SAS 64 2033 22.0 .567 .234 .307 4.8 20.6 12.9 13.0 3.7 1.8 9.4 23.0 4.2 4.4 8.6 .204 4.1
4 Bran. Wright PF 27 TOT 75 1449 20.4 .660 .008 .309 9.6 14.7 12.1 4.4 1.7 5.1 7.6 13.6 4.3 1.8 6.1 .202 2.0
5 M. Gasol C 30 MEM 81 2687 21.7 .558 .016 .410 4.9 21.8 13.4 19.7 1.4 4.0 12.2 24.6 5.5 4.7 10.2 .182 4.6
6 M. Muscala PF 23 ATL 40 502 18.0 .608 .146 .166 12.2 14.8 13.5 8.0 1.6 3.2 11.5 16.7 1.2 0.7 1.9 .179 0.5
7 P. Millsap PF 29 ATL 73 2390 20.1 .565 .232 .362 6.9 20.0 13.6 15.4 2.8 2.4 13.3 23.8 4.0 4.3 8.3 .167 3.7
8 A. Baynes C 28 SAS 70 1122 15.9 .618 .012 .318 11.2 20.7 16.1 4.9 0.7 1.5 14.8 17.8 2.3 1.6 3.9 .166 0.3
9 L. Aldridge PF 29 POR 71 2512 22.8 .528 .074 .256 7.7 22.9 15.5 9.2 1.0 1.9 7.2 30.2 4.9 3.7 8.6 .165 1.4
10 K. Love PF 26 CLE 75 2532 18.8 .562 .412 .337 6.5 26.3 16.6 10.7 1.0 1.2 10.0 21.7 5.8 2.9 8.7 .165 2.5

11 Danny Green SG 27 SAS 81 2312 16.5 .596 .619 .172 2.7 13.9 8.4 10.3 2.2 2.8 10.5 17.5 4.0 3.9 7.8 .163 4.1
12 Dray. Green SF 24 GSW 79 2490 16.4 .540 .430 .261 5.1 22.4 14.0 16.1 2.4 2.9 13.5 17.2 3.3 5.2 8.5 .163 4.4
13 A. Ajinca C 26 NOP 68 957 19.9 .595 .000 .301 12.4 25.0 18.7 8.2 1.2 4.0 15.6 21.1 1.9 1.2 3.2 .159 0.5
14 Brook Lopez C 26 BRK 72 2100 22.7 .558 .010 .278 11.5 17.1 14.3 4.5 1.1 4.8 8.6 26.3 4.7 2.2 7.0 .159 1.1
15 B. Biyombo C 22 CHO 64 1243 15.2 .578 .000 .941 13.7 22.6 18.0 2.0 0.7 6.3 16.5 11.6 1.8 2.2 4.0 .155 0.5
16 D. Carroll SF 28 ATL 70 2189 15.9 .603 .466 .277 5.3 13.8 9.7 8.3 2.2 0.7 9.3 16.9 4.3 2.8 7.0 .154 2.7
17 G. Monroe PF 24 DET 69 2137 21.2 .549 .000 .394 11.2 25.1 17.9 11.7 1.9 1.3 13.0 23.9 4.0 2.8 6.8 .153 2.1
18 A. Morrow SG 29 OKC 74 1806 14.8 .604 .528 .145 2.4 9.1 5.8 5.2 1.5 0.5 5.5 16.5 4.4 1.2 5.7 .151 1.2
19 R. Lopez C 26 POR 59 1638 16.2 .574 .002 .291 12.7 13.1 12.9 5.1 0.5 3.7 12.9 15.5 3.2 1.9 5.1 .150 1.7
20 C. Joseph PG 23 SAS 79 1444 15.5 .564 .107 .348 3.5 11.4 7.5 19.7 1.6 0.9 12.4 17.0 2.7 1.8 4.5 .149 1.0

21 Tri Thompson PF 23 CLE 82 2194 15.6 .580 .000 .508 14.5 19.7 17.2 2.7 0.8 2.2 12.2 14.0 4.7 2.1 6.8 .148 0.8
22 W. Matthews SG 28 POR 60 2024 16.1 .586 .592 .193 2.1 9.5 5.9 10.8 1.9 0.4 9.0 19.8 4.0 2.2 6.2 .147 3.0
23 Enes Kanter C 22 TOT 75 2135 20.3 .564 .048 .252 14.6 20.5 17.6 4.8 0.9 1.1 12.3 24.7 4.3 2.1 6.4 .145 -0.1
24 Jon. Jerebko PF 27 TOT 75 1230 15.0 .549 .369 .174 8.0 17.2 12.5 9.0 1.9 1.1 9.7 16.2 2.0 1.4 3.5 .135 0.9
25 K. Middleton PF 23 MIL 79 2378 15.6 .563 .308 .180 2.3 14.3 8.4 12.7 2.6 0.4 10.8 19.9 3.2 3.5 6.7 .135 2.0
26 Alexey Shved SG 26 TOT 42 767 19.5 .541 .415 .448 3.3 11.7 7.3 25.7 2.0 0.6 10.7 26.3 1.7 0.5 2.2 .135 0.5
27 Brandon Bass PF 29 BOS 82 1929 16.3 .557 .047 .313 7.8 14.9 11.3 8.6 1.1 1.3 9.6 19.5 3.4 1.9 5.3 .132 0.7
28 Dorell Wright SF 29 POR 48 592 13.4 .525 .568 .221 2.6 17.2 10.0 10.2 1.7 1.3 7.9 17.1 0.7 0.8 1.6 .128 0.4
29 Lavoy Allen PF 25 IND 63 1070 14.9 .493 .000 .157 12.8 20.5 16.7 10.9 0.7 3.1 11.1 15.2 1.3 1.6 2.8 .127 0.8
30 Amir Johnson PF 27 TOR 75 1979 15.4 .603 .089 .249 9.3 17.3 13.3 9.4 1.1 2.4 16.0 15.7 3.5 1.6 5.1 .124 1.9

31 Goran Dragic PG 28 TOT 78 2640 17.4 .577 .258 .234 3.5 8.2 5.9 22.8 1.5 0.5 13.5 21.8 5.4 1.4 6.8 .123 2.1
32 Joel Freeland C 27 POR 48 617 12.2 .522 .000 .166 11.0 21.9 16.6 3.8 0.7 2.7 12.4 13.4 0.6 0.9 1.6 .122 0.0
33 Tha Sefolosha SF 30 ATL 52 976 13.8 .506 .313 .233 6.4 19.3 13.1 11.2 2.8 1.8 12.2 14.6 0.8 1.7 2.5 .121 0.8
34 Omer Asik C 28 NOP 76 1982 15.5 .545 .000 .546 14.0 28.8 21.4 5.4 0.8 2.1 15.7 14.0 2.8 2.2 5.0 .120 0.6
35 Kosta Koufos C 25 MEM 81 1348 14.2 .530 .000 .237 10.3 25.8 18.1 4.3 1.1 3.9 14.9 15.8 0.8 2.5 3.3 .118 0.2
36 Jae Crowder SF 24 TOT 82 1647 13.9 .517 .382 .259 4.7 14.9 9.7 8.6 2.2 1.2 7.5 17.5 1.9 2.0 3.9 .113 1.1
37 Cole Aldrich C 26 NYK 61 976 18.1 .513 .000 .213 11.6 28.9 20.0 13.3 2.0 5.5 15.2 18.3 0.8 1.4 2.2 .107 0.7
38 Bran Knight PG 23 TOT 63 2035 17.1 .543 .361 .251 1.6 12.0 6.8 27.4 2.3 0.4 16.1 25.9 2.0 2.5 4.5 .106 1.6
39 Reg Jackson PG 24 TOT 77 2268 17.2 .511 .242 .219 2.6 12.9 7.8 34.8 1.4 0.3 14.6 24.6 3.3 1.7 4.9 .104 1.6
40 Mar Belinelli SG 28 SAS 62 1388 12.4 .553 .489 .211 2.2 10.5 6.4 10.3 1.1 0.2 10.6 18.8 1.5 1.4 2.9 .100 0.5
41 Tobias Harris SF 22 ORL 68 2369 16.7 .551 .252 .258 3.4 17.3 10.3 8.8 1.5 1.2 9.8 22.5 3.0 1.8 4.8 .098 1.0

He's a product of having the Spurs low post game and system.

I know you don't care about defense but Green is one of the top defenders at his position..

Danny Green was found cheap in rd 2 I think yhe Knicks can find their own role players. We need to fo us on the post dribble penetration and rim protection. I'd spend 90% of my assets there. No Tobias Harris no danny green harris is a hollow player and green is a role player in a good system that we can mine ourselves.

You do realize that Green would be able to fill the same kind of role in NY. A 3nD SG who is smart and team oriented would be a major upgrade for this team. Guys like him aren't really just floating around as you seem to be implying. Green has proven he can produce without being a focal point and that is a rare of important talent. There's a reason i've posted the advanced stats on Free Agents. Green is an impact player despite being a role player.

I would rather spend our money elsewhere cause I think that with T.Hardaway, L.Galloway and A.Shved (who I truly hope we bring back) that they can cover the 2 spot for us. I know most on here want Timmy gone but I think he deserves his 3rd year to prove people wrong and he finished the season strong and if he can get it going then there's our shooter. L.Galloway brings the defense and can also shoot the ball and Shved brings the driving to the basket which Timmy can also do when he wants to and Schved is another streaky shooter. Gallo and Shved are both combo guards as well so either can switch to the 1 if needed. This is one of the ways we can go and spend our money on some bigs at the 4 and 5 and get Melo a nice backup at the 3 like a R.Butler or G.Green.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/27/2015  10:47 AM
Bropez stock rising. The devil in the detail is to project a players potential and health if possible.
some injuries need time, some relapse frequently.

Basically gut has this nagging conspiracy HOPE that like the big three conspired to play together, phil also has a list and perhaps a few players iching to play with him and perhaps Melo.

How do I know? I don't.

But.......Melo resigned here and had nobody to play with.
Phil signed here for big money, but I don't think he needs it. He could command huge money in the lecture circut, TV and commercials.
This is not a starphuch, but players that would benefit from the triangle. Not stars.

I know Riles 5 rings was big with Lebron in recruitment, Phil got a bag of 13 to put on the table. That shyt resonates some nice sound.

Its my hope, my conspiracy and nothing I have read supports it. Basically the media only gets what can to report and you will never read this. Its tampering but this is how Agents work and can be thru trusted sources only.

My hope is the stars will shine in the system even brighter than they are. I have very low expectation that any one move will do the trick. Its my belief that Caledron could be a great player in the system, but not by himself.
I think Bargs could be great, but not by himself. Melo, not by himself. Then add a draft pick of great potential and say Greg Monroe, who will blossom with the knicks.

This is my hope. Nothing more.

BRIGGS
4/27/2015  11:41 AM
Nalod wrote:Bropez stock rising. The devil in the detail is to project a players potential and health if possible.
some injuries need time, some relapse frequently.

Basically gut has this nagging conspiracy HOPE that like the big three conspired to play together, phil also has a list and perhaps a few players iching to play with him and perhaps Melo.

How do I know? I don't.

But.......Melo resigned here and had nobody to play with.
Phil signed here for big money, but I don't think he needs it. He could command huge money in the lecture circut, TV and commercials.
This is not a starphuch, but players that would benefit from the triangle. Not stars.

I know Riles 5 rings was big with Lebron in recruitment, Phil got a bag of 13 to put on the table. That shyt resonates some nice sound.

Its my hope, my conspiracy and nothing I have read supports it. Basically the media only gets what can to report and you will never read this. Its tampering but this is how Agents work and can be thru trusted sources only.

My hope is the stars will shine in the system even brighter than they are. I have very low expectation that any one move will do the trick. Its my belief that Caledron could be a great player in the system, but not by himself.
I think Bargs could be great, but not by himself. Melo, not by himself. Then add a draft pick of great potential and say Greg Monroe, who will blossom with the knicks.

This is my hope. Nothing more.

Big players--key key key. We have guards Galloway Hardaway Shveyd maybe Thansis and I firmly believe we can be more opportunistic adding guards from the draft/undrafted or trade.

To me its all about rebuilding the frontline--thats all I care about in the short term. This is not a one year rebuild--not necessary to pay 8-10mm for a guard who is essentially a role player for another team.Rebuilding the frontline will make our guards who we have better.

RIP Crushalot😞
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
4/27/2015  11:56 AM
Vmart wrote:
knickscity wrote:
Vmart wrote:
callmened wrote:I work out with some oh his family (in long island ). He has like a thousand brothers who are athletic. .but they're just not 6-9. Anyways I know for a fact that he and his fam would love for him to be a knick. But it's all up to orlando

Honestly speaking if I were a family member I would tell him to stay away from NY. This place will eat him up and his family will have to read all about it. Better in Orlando or some other place. This place is nothing but trouble. Just look at Copeland, Sefolosha, Antic these are just visiting players and trouble finds them.

New York is a great city but there is just way to much trouble here. This is an ideal place for growth to be stunted for young players.

Lol, no family member is gonna tell their family "hey dont cash in and play here in front of us at home". Trouble can find you in Iowa. Stay away from the clubs and likely spots for things to pop off and chances are you'll be ok. The incidents you mention dont happen to NBA players or other types of ahtletes all the time, they are exceptions, nothing more.

Based on your post I fee sorry for our draft pick tho.

You know the media here is brutal. I know trouble can find them anywhere but being in and near NY don't you think these incidents tend to happen here more often. By the way Harris is a good player he can cash in anywhere I think his family knows this by now.

I was watching Dwight Gooden story the other day and being young in the city and the 24 hour atmosphere can be poisonous. This place requires an individual that can handle the city. Lately I have see players that become trapped by the city. JR Smith is a prime example of a hometown player that had trouble.

JR was already a certified knucklehead in Denver. He had trouble long before coming home. Ewing was hitting strip clubs in Georgia, for god's sake. For most of these guys, it's just too much money at too young an age, with very little good counsel behind them. NYC can obviously contribute, but JR is a bad example of trying to show the affect of the city on yoots.

Free agency much harder than most fans think

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy