[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Simple Yes or No: Do Knicks Make The Playoffs Next Season?
Author Thread
nixluva
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #758
USA
4/26/2015  1:07 AM
Moonangie wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
misterearl wrote:nixluva - where was it written that building a championship team would take forever? In your fever to defend your position you resort to hyperbole, and downright exaggeration to make the opposing opinion appear "stupid" (your label) or invalid. Please take a chill pill, calm down and read what is written.

The 1963 Knicks were 22-58 and had one of the most brilliant (and experienced) basketball executives, Eddie Donovan, at the helm. The championship came 6 years later. Certainly, a different era and a different economy, but the lesson of patience is no less valid.

Back to the point of continuity, Uncle Phil will not be here for more than three seasons. he knows it. During his press conference, he admitted he may not be around to see the turnaround through. That is a problem of continuity, which has dogged our beloved franchise for decades. Note the truckload of former Knicks competing in the playoffs. Continuity must be stabilized. Anything less is just starting over, and over, and over.

Dem is the facts.

Preach on brother..

Some people here believe phil is setting the stage for a triangle renaissance..smh, the guy is 70 with all sort of health issues. The next GM/PREZ (which will probably be the 16/17 season) will have his own agenda..

I don't give a shyte about the triangle. I just want solid, fundamental hoops (both sides of the court) and a winning, team-first culture. I want the organization to learn from its past and prepare better. I want an end to media-driven, reactionary team mgmt.

When I read that over it actually looks hard to achieve. But at least it's a possibility to get started now. I really hope it's not a revolving door that Mister Earl describes. I want the Knicks to build smart and put out a good product. And a chip would be extra special.

This time it's different. The way that Phil is going about this is not the same as the past. They are really trying to put in solid foundations from the D League up thru the NBA front offices. The scouting department are all looking for players that fit the new culture. Phil has set the rules for what he wants in players. We haven't had this level of synchronicity throughout the entire organization in a long time. The media and some fans can doubt it all they want but it doesn't change the truth. There's one clear vision now from D League, to foreign scout, to the NBA staff. Trust me, over time this will have a huge impact. It's still too early to see the results of this but it's already starting to take hold.

To underscore what i'm saying just try and think of a time when we've had this level of cohesion from the team President down to the coach of our D League team? Phil, Fish, Rambis, Cleamons and Hodges. Even having Clarence Gaines Jr. from his Bulls days scouting. Even with other Knicks staff mixed in they're still looking to execute Phil's orders but still provide their own insights. There's only one Vision now and all the men in charge are on board with that vision.

AUTOADVERT
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
4/26/2015  1:54 AM
nixluva wrote:
Moonangie wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
misterearl wrote:nixluva - where was it written that building a championship team would take forever? In your fever to defend your position you resort to hyperbole, and downright exaggeration to make the opposing opinion appear "stupid" (your label) or invalid. Please take a chill pill, calm down and read what is written.

The 1963 Knicks were 22-58 and had one of the most brilliant (and experienced) basketball executives, Eddie Donovan, at the helm. The championship came 6 years later. Certainly, a different era and a different economy, but the lesson of patience is no less valid.

Back to the point of continuity, Uncle Phil will not be here for more than three seasons. he knows it. During his press conference, he admitted he may not be around to see the turnaround through. That is a problem of continuity, which has dogged our beloved franchise for decades. Note the truckload of former Knicks competing in the playoffs. Continuity must be stabilized. Anything less is just starting over, and over, and over.

Dem is the facts.

Preach on brother..

Some people here believe phil is setting the stage for a triangle renaissance..smh, the guy is 70 with all sort of health issues. The next GM/PREZ (which will probably be the 16/17 season) will have his own agenda..

I don't give a shyte about the triangle. I just want solid, fundamental hoops (both sides of the court) and a winning, team-first culture. I want the organization to learn from its past and prepare better. I want an end to media-driven, reactionary team mgmt.

When I read that over it actually looks hard to achieve. But at least it's a possibility to get started now. I really hope it's not a revolving door that Mister Earl describes. I want the Knicks to build smart and put out a good product. And a chip would be extra special.

This time it's different. The way that Phil is going about this is not the same as the past. They are really trying to put in solid foundations from the D League up thru the NBA front offices. The scouting department are all looking for players that fit the new culture. Phil has set the rules for what he wants in players. We haven't had this level of synchronicity throughout the entire organization in a long time. The media and some fans can doubt it all they want but it doesn't change the truth. There's one clear vision now from D League, to foreign scout, to the NBA staff. Trust me, over time this will have a huge impact. It's still too early to see the results of this but it's already starting to take hold.

To underscore what i'm saying just try and think of a time when we've had this level of cohesion from the team President down to the coach of our D League team? Phil, Fish, Rambis, Cleamons and Hodges. Even having Clarence Gaines Jr. from his Bulls days scouting. Even with other Knicks staff mixed in they're still looking to execute Phil's orders but still provide their own insights. There's only one Vision now and all the men in charge are on board with that vision.

synchronicity my ass, the d league team was filled with past over vets, and the nba team was filled with past over vets and youngster. The D league team fired a coach they just hired, but left fisher who's Win Lost record percentage was almost exactly the same.

How many of the current d league squad do you know other than the greek freaks brother, dude you can make that roster.

Phils tenure will be shorter than Walsh, and who do you think is going to follow behind phil once he steps down, his son?

ES
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
4/26/2015  2:10 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
Moonangie wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Dem is the facts.

Preach on brother..

synchronicity my ass, the d league team was filled with past over vets, and the nba team was filled with past over vets and youngster. The D league team fired a coach they just hired, but left fisher who's Win Lost record percentage was almost exactly the same.

How many of the current d league squad do you know other than the greek freaks brother, dude you can make that roster.

Phils tenure will be shorter than Walsh, and who do you think is going to follow behind phil once he steps down, his son?

I have to ask what vets you are talking about? All d league teams have some vets. Similar to nba teams vets are needed for leadership and mentoring. The d league team in Westchester had some nice prospects, Sanchez, Bachynski,Lamb are all guys that will at some point spend sometime in the nba. Jackson dominated and is built but for some reason was never discussed as a power forward prospect. Andre Barrett might be the vet you refer to because he has been around forever and was an nba player. Nothing wrong with having kids 23 and under playing with a class vet in my opinion. Ben Strong is another kid that played really well for the Wknicks. His body doesn't look like it would hold up in the nba but he played really well as a 4/5 in Westchester.
In regards to the coaching change, Allan Houston was put in charge of the WKnicks and chose a guy he played college ball with to coach the team. The team was pretty bad and I believe I read that there was conflict about instituting the triangle and Phil put Craig Hodges in place. Nothing wrong with replacing a bad coach right? Also, nothing wrong with moving on from Allan if he isn't doing sh@t.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
knickscity
Member: #4241
USA
4/26/2015  5:51 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
Moonangie wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Dem is the facts.

Preach on brother..

Gotta admit the d-league team is awful, i dont see any of those guys making nba cuts outside of Thanasis. But we know Fisher isnt getting fired, he's a Phil package deal.
knicks1248
4/26/2015  10:40 AM
knickscity wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
Moonangie wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Dem is the facts.

Preach on brother..

Gotta admit the d-league team is awful, i dont see any of those guys making nba cuts outside of Thanasis. But we know Fisher isnt getting fired, he's a Phil package deal.

Thanasis couldn't even get a 10 day invite on a team with the worst record in the NBA, that's not a glowing endorsement

ES
CrushAlot
USA
4/26/2015  10:46 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
knickscity wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
Moonangie wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Dem is the facts.

Preach on brother..

Thanasis couldn't even get a 10 day invite on a team with the worst record in the NBA, that's not a glowing endorsement

His situation and why he wasn't signed has been explained many times. Does it need to be explained again?
nixluva
USA
4/26/2015  12:48 PM
It's really sad when Knicks fans are up to date on what is actually going on with their own team. It just underscores the reason for my Clarity thread. If left unchecked false narratives would run rampant around here. Thanasis is a very nice prospect and he was held back only to keep from starting his clock in terms of his NBA contract situation. There was no need to bring him up and give him an NBA contract which would impact his pay scale going forward. It's just a smart move.

If the Knicks were to invite the swingman to training camp and ultimately decide to cut him later, there would only be a limited amount of time for the team to sign him before losing out on his draft rights once and after all. With no roster spots to be had at this point and time, such a move wouldn’t make much sense. He doesn’t appear to be in the most immediate of plans.

Instead, Antetokounmpo will sign a contract with the Westchester Knicks and go from there. This allows New York to retain his draft rights while monitoring his progress and ultimately deciding whether or not he should be considered a piece for the future.

misterearl
Member: #799
USA
4/26/2015  1:25 PM
Continuity

nixluva - the Knicks D league team is in turmoil. A poor season and a coaching change due to poor communication tone with players. The fact remains is that while Phil is changing the culture, the culture is, in reality, in transition. One year is barely enough time for orientation and introductions. It is just a starting point. There is only one play in White Plains who creates any intrigue. Just one.

knicks1248 makes a valid point. Who takes over the reins after Phil decides Montana is a more peaceful (and healthy) place for a elder citizen?

once a knick always a knick
nixluva
USA
4/26/2015  1:41 PM
misterearl wrote:Continuity

nixluva - the Knicks D league team is in turmoil. A poor season and a coaching change due to poor communication tone with players. The fact remains is that while Phil is changing the culture, the culture is, in reality, in transition. One year is barely enough time for orientation and introductions. It is just a starting point. There is only one play in White Plains who creates any intrigue. Just one.

knicks1248 makes a valid point. Who takes over the reins after Phil decides Montana is a more peaceful (and healthy) place for a elder citizen?

You're just stating the obvious. You're not really adding any insight when bringing up the fact that we're at the beginning stages of this transformation. Phil just got here and there was a TON of things that needed addressing. Obviously the D League team is one of those things and in time it will get sorted out. That process is already underway. People are so focused on the construction site and how messy it is, rather than focusing on the actual architectural plan and what the building will look like when it's finished.

Try focusing on what it is that Phil is actually constructing here. Why the F are you worrying about what will happen when Phil is no longer here? He may change his mind if things go really well over the next couple of years. How can we know at this point? Let's stay in the present and focus on the Draft and Free Agency this summer. When we do that we can see that there are some possible big changes coming. Gotta hope it all goes well, cuz if it does we'll have much more to cheer about next season and beyond.

CrushAlot
USA
4/26/2015  1:56 PM

Are you kidding? In regards to players that create intrigue there is more than one. Orlando Sanchez, Jordan Bachynski, Doron Lamb and Ben Strong are all intriguing prospects. Lamb and Bachynski will definitely spend some time in the nba. I agree that the Knicks were behind in their use of the d league but I think they have done a really nice job with their team. I also liked that Early was sent there to get back in shape. I think the coaching change may have to do with Houston being given a chance to run things in Westchester and Phil deciding he didn't like how things were going. Having Craig Hodges as your assistant is similar to D'Antoni having Mike Woodson on his bench. The coach in waiting was already there. I am interested to see if Houston's tenure with the Knicks is done. Phil complimented almost the entire front office in his most recent press conference but did not mention Houston.
knickscity
USA
4/26/2015  2:43 PM
Intriguing isnt the word I'd choose either, but I have no issues with them getting summer league invites. As far as Thanasis go, I understand why they didnt bring him up, but they will never find out if he can truly play or not. Contract or not, this year would have been perfect him to play in.
nixluva
USA
4/26/2015  4:17 PM
CrushAlot wrote:

Are you kidding? In regards to players that create intrigue there is more than one. Orlando Sanchez, Jordan Bachynski, Doron Lamb and Ben Strong are all intriguing prospects. Lamb and Bachynski will definitely spend some time in the nba. I agree that the Knicks were behind in their use of the d league but I think they have done a really nice job with their team. I also liked that Early was sent there to get back in shape. I think the coaching change may have to do with Houston being given a chance to run things in Westchester and Phil deciding he didn't like how things were going. Having Craig Hodges as your assistant is similar to D'Antoni having Mike Woodson on his bench. The coach in waiting was already there. I am interested to see if Houston's tenure with the Knicks is done. Phil complimented almost the entire front office in his most recent press conference but did not mention Houston.

Not to mention that it's a D League team and they just got started in terms of bringing in developmental talent. They'll add more players as we move along. There will be new UDFA's this summer and they should continue the process of stockpiling talent. The more good players we have in the NBA team the fewer guys we'll have to bring up, so naturally the D League team will be better.

knicks1248
4/26/2015  10:59 PM
nixluva wrote:

You're just stating the obvious. You're not really adding any insight when bringing up the fact that we're at the beginning stages of this transformation. Phil just got here and there was a TON of things that needed addressing. Obviously the D League team is one of those things and in time it will get sorted out. That process is already underway. People are so focused on the construction site and how messy it is, rather than focusing on the actual architectural plan and what the building will look like when it's finished.

Try focusing on what it is that Phil is actually constructing here. Why the F are you worrying about what will happen when Phil is no longer here? He may change his mind if things go really well over the next couple of years. How can we know at this point? Let's stay in the present and focus on the Draft and Free Agency this summer. When we do that we can see that there are some possible big changes coming. Gotta hope it all goes well, cuz if it does we'll have much more to cheer about next season and beyond.

There wasn't a ton of anything he needed to do, he had 50 mill coming off the books with out lifting a finger, a squad that miss the playoffs by one game due mostly by injuries, and if he didn't have a verbal agreement from KERR, he should have kept woodson (even though i'm no longer a big woodson fan) and hired fisher as an assistant.

ES
nixluva
USA
4/27/2015  12:52 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
nixluva wrote:

There wasn't a ton of anything he needed to do, he had 50 mill coming off the books with out lifting a finger, a squad that miss the playoffs by one game due mostly by injuries, and if he didn't have a verbal agreement from KERR, he should have kept woodson (even though i'm no longer a big woodson fan) and hired fisher as an assistant.

Can we cut the BS? Every time we talk about the future someone has to bring up the past. The season is over and this team is on a path to rebuild the roster. Going back to the moves before the season is pure BULL ISH. MOVE THE F ON ALREADY. Here's what matters. Top 5 draft pick. Millions in Cap Space. Now we get to see what Phil does with the roster. These are the moves that will have the most impact on the team's future.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
4/27/2015  5:52 AM
nixluva wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
nixluva wrote:

Can we cut the BS? Every time we talk about the future someone has to bring up the past. The season is over and this team is on a path to rebuild the roster. Going back to the moves before the season is pure BULL ISH. MOVE THE F ON ALREADY. Here's what matters. Top 5 draft pick. Millions in Cap Space. Now we get to see what Phil does with the roster. These are the moves that will have the most impact on the team's future.

Does the past say nothing about the future? If so, how would you decide who to hire in your organization? How would you decide who to promote, who to fire? I can't imagine a well-run organization that just completely ignores the past when making all these decisions.
knickscity
USA
4/27/2015  6:11 AM
nixluva wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
nixluva wrote:

Lol, Phil is gonna look at the past when he decides which one of these bums he's gonna keep. If Phil can look back so can I. Didnt Phil say recently that signing Amare was a mistake after he was bought out? The past is always gonna be talked about, just like this pitiful; season will be talked about. if you cant handle it, thats on you.

Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
4/27/2015  6:14 AM
knickscity wrote:
nixluva wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
nixluva wrote:

Lol, Phil is gonna look at the past when he decides which one of these bums he's gonna keep. If Phil can look back so can I. Didnt Phil say recently that signing Amare was a mistake after he was bought out? The past is always gonna be talked about, just like this pitiful; season will be talked about. if you cant handle it, thats on you.

Exactly - Nixluva has posted win shares data a ton of times. Those win shares are not based on the future - they're based on past games!

knickscity
USA
4/27/2015  6:16 AM
Bonn1997 wrote:
knickscity wrote:
nixluva wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
nixluva wrote:

Exactly - Nixluva has posted win shares data a ton of times. Those win shares are not based on the future - they're based on past games!

Exactly!! He picks and choose when to look back. I look back because Phil wont stop looking back. The next time Phil speak he'll refer to the past as well. it's unavoidable, it's now on his resume.
misterearl
Member: #799
USA
4/27/2015  8:18 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/27/2015  8:37 AM
"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

nixluva wrote:

nixluva - painting a rosy watercolor future is a wonderful hobby. Bringing up the past informs what level of success the NBA franchises, starting from the bottom, have had in changing course - how to move forward, the and the time it will take to reach the promised land of an NBA Championship.

There is nothing wrong with being a cheerleader. We all want the Knicks to succeed. You trumpet the first round pick and extra cash as having the most impact on the team's future. Wrong. Those are just assets. They are no guarantee of anything. In the hands of a novice (based on his experience as the top executive for an NBA franchise) like Phil Jackson, there will be mistakes, in the same manner he made mistakes with the NYK roster he inherited. There is no guaranteed formula.

It is trial and error.

once a knick always a knick
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

4/27/2015  8:26 AM
misterearl wrote:"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

nixluva wrote:

nixluva - painting a rosy watercolor future is a wonderful hobby. Bringing up the past informs what level of success the NBA franchises, starting from the bottom, have had in changing course - how to move forward, the and the time it will take to reach the promised land of an NBA Championship.

There is nothing wrong with being a cheerleader. We all want the Knicks to succeed. You trumpet the first round pick and extra cash as having the most impact on the team's future. Wrong. Those are just assets. They are no guarantee of anything. In the hands of a novice like Phil Jackson, there will be mistakes. There is no guaranteed formula. It is trial and error.

Agree 100% Earl.
Simple Yes or No: Do Knicks Make The Playoffs Next Season?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy