Tim Duncan has a jumpshot.

I don't see it.

AUTOADVERT
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
4/23/2015  5:40 PM
Uptown wrote:
Knicks1969 wrote:I think Towns is more like Duncan then Okafor. They both play at both ends of the court.

I think Towns is more capable of being a bust than Russell or Ok4. Towns has the jack or all trades master of none aspect to his game. There's a chance he may never truly excell at any one aspect. Ok4, even at his lowest, will be able to score the ball at will in the paint and Russell is a lights out shooter.

IMO he is going to rebound and block shots at a high rate from the door. Probably similar to Rudy Gobert this past season.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
newyorknewyork
4/23/2015  5:45 PM
I prefer Towns over Ok4, but I am starting to prefer Russell over Towns. Russell is what NY has needed for a long time.
blkexec
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #748
4/23/2015  5:57 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:I prefer Towns over Ok4, but I am starting to prefer Russell over Towns. Russell is what NY has needed for a long time.

I agree....and I think Russell is the best triangle fit guard Phil is going to find. i also think Russell is also the perfect guard for MDA system. And hes lefty like Phil and big for a guard.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
newyorknewyork
4/23/2015  6:28 PM
blkexec wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:I prefer Towns over Ok4, but I am starting to prefer Russell over Towns. Russell is what NY has needed for a long time.

I agree....and I think Russell is the best triangle fit guard Phil is going to find. i also think Russell is also the perfect guard for MDA system. And hes lefty like Phil and big for a guard.

If you named every coach out there, you would say Russell is a great fit. He can play off ball or create his own shot or shots for others. I think Russell and Melo would be perfect for each other as well. Weather it be Russell creating easy shots for everyone to reduce the need for Melo to do so. Or Russell playing off the ball nailing open jumpers off kick outs from a Melo post up. His ability to shoot off the dribble could make him impossible to guard down the road. You won't be able to defend the pull up, the perfect pass, or penetration.

I think a guard like Russell would make any big we acquired afterward better and reduce Melo's responsibilities.

jamp
Member: #3163

4/23/2015  6:33 PM
I dont see Okafor being the next Duncan. He reminds me of Brad Daughtery. Towns looks more like Duncan,
great defense good rebounding and great passing, he can score when needed a complete team player just
like Duncan.
jamp
Member: #3163

4/23/2015  6:39 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
blkexec wrote:

If you named every coach out there, you would say Russell is a great fit. He can play off ball or create his own shot or shots for others. I think Russell and Melo would be perfect for each other as well. Weather it be Russell creating easy shots for everyone to reduce the need for Melo to do so. Or Russell playing off the ball nailing open jumpers off kick outs from a Melo post up. His ability to shoot off the dribble could make him impossible to guard down the road. You won't be able to defend the pull up, the perfect pass, or penetration.

I think a guard like Russell would make any big we acquired afterward better and reduce Melo's responsibilities.

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

4/23/2015  8:55 PM
Id be happy with Okafor. At the same time I look at the teams in this year's playoffs, who is running the point for their respective teams, and nearly all of them have first rate PGs. Drafting one would be a lot cheaper than finding one via trade or free agency.
blkexec
4/23/2015  9:01 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/23/2015  9:02 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
blkexec wrote:

The only concern is that Russell is a classic tweener on defense. Too small to guard SGs....too slow to stay in front PGs. Would get overpowered by guards like westbrook. I think Mudiay has the frame and quickness to guard both positions. Winslow can guard two positions...so can towns. But what nba position would Rusell defend....same with OK4. Thats my only issue.

I like players that can guard multiple positions. Russell and OK4 might be an exception but its still a concern.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
Knicks1969
Member: #5915

4/23/2015  9:02 PM
jamp wrote:I dont see Okafor being the next Duncan. He reminds me of Brad Daughtery. Towns looks more like Duncan,
great defense good rebounding and great passing, he can score when needed a complete team player just
like Duncan.

Agree. A lot of fans only see the offensive game of a young player versus his versatility. I prefer Towns over Okafor, because he is capable of playing in the post and step outside and shoot the J. He can defend, block shots, and pass the ball. Most of all, he is more then capable of putting up the points Okafor was able to produce in the paint. Had calipari instructed the guards to forcefeed Towns the ball in their last game, chances are they would not have lost that game; because no one was able to stop him in the third quarter.

My first choice is Russell, but Towns is my 1A

Thank God Fisher is no longer our coach, now let's get Calderon out of here:)
Knicks1969

4/23/2015  9:06 PM
blkexec wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
blkexec wrote:

The only concern is that Russell is a classic tweener on defense. Too small to guard SGs....too slow to stay in front PGs. Would get overpowered by guards like westbrook. I think Mudiay has the frame and quickness to guard both positions. Winslow can guard two positions...so can towns. But what nba position would Rusell defend....same with OK4. Thats my only issue.

I like players that can guard multiple positions. Russell and OK4 might be an exception but its still a concern.

He is a better defender then given credit. His length is something that the opposing team will have to take into account; so is his shooting ability. By the way, didn't they say the same about Curry???

blkexec
4/23/2015  9:06 PM
Players i like....nothing against OK4.

Towns
Russell
OK4
Mudiay
Winslow

blkexec
4/23/2015  9:10 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/23/2015  9:12 PM
Knicks1969 wrote:
blkexec wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
blkexec wrote:

He is a better defender then given credit. His length is something that the opposing team will have to take into account; so is his shooting ability. By the way, didn't they say the same about Curry???

Thats why i said Russell might be an exception if his offensive impact is on Currys level or close. He has Currys potential as a shooter and passer. But Curry is small with quicker handles like a point guard. Russell has handles like a SG.

BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
4/23/2015  9:12 PM
JrZyHuStLa wrote:Tim Duncan has a jumpshot.

I don't see it.

He's got a nice little bank shot around 10-12 feet--I think that is one thing he mightve taken from watching Duncan. I think that people who make comments that imply this is a finished product are missing the boat with this guy. Karl Malone didnt shoot well from the FT line until he was 24 and he played 3 full years at Ls tech. I don't know if it was on this iste or somewhere else--the bottom line is you're getting the upper tier players at 19 with year of experience. While Okafor is going to help an NBA right away--the finished product(if he keeps his body right) wont be around for 3 full years. Thats not to say he can avg 16-20 points in one of his first 3 years--maybe even right away--we wont know but his FT shooting and his mid range J will have a lot of time to be improved.

RIP Crushalot😞
Knicks1969

4/23/2015  9:19 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/23/2015  9:53 PM
blkexec wrote:
Knicks1969 wrote:
blkexec wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
blkexec wrote:

Thats why i said Russell might be an exception if his offensive impact is on Currys level or close. He has Currys potential as a shooter and passer. But Curry is small with quicker handles like a point guard. Russell has handles like a SG.

Russell has handles like a SG?????????? I don't think so

blkexec
4/23/2015  9:26 PM
BRIGGS wrote:

I don't see it.

He's got a nice little bank shot around 10-12 feet--I think that is one thing he mightve taken from watching Duncan. I think that people who make comments that imply this is a finished product are missing the boat with this guy. Karl Malone didnt shoot well from the FT line until he was 24 and he played 3 full years at Ls tech. I don't know if it was on this iste or somewhere else--the bottom line is you're getting the upper tier players at 19 with year of experience. While Okafor is going to help an NBA right away--the finished product(if he keeps his body right) wont be around for 3 full years. Thats not to say he can avg 16-20 points in one of his first 3 years--maybe even right away--we wont know but his FT shooting and his mid range J will have a lot of time to be improved.

For every Malone....theres 50 different PF that never improved every single skill set. So we cant be so optimistic and think he will get better over his career. Shaq improved....but he was still well below the average big.

OK4 will improve....but the question that even he cant answer is what will he improve on? It depends on the coach and system. All we can do is speculate....Thats why Phil rather use FAs to build the team.....If the rookie catches up great....if not oh well. It shouldnt make or break us.

blkexec
4/23/2015  9:27 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/23/2015  9:35 PM
Knicks1969 wrote:
blkexec wrote:
Knicks1969 wrote:
blkexec wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
blkexec wrote:

Russell has handles like a PG???????????? I don't think so

Who said that?

BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
4/23/2015  9:42 PM
blkexec wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

I don't see it.

For every Malone....theres 50 different PF that never improved every single skill set. So we cant be so optimistic and think he will get better over his career. Shaq improved....but he was still well below the average big.

OK4 will improve....but the question that even he cant answer is what will he improve on? It depends on the coach and system. All we can do is speculate....Thats why Phil rather use FAs to build the team.....If the rookie catches up great....if not oh well. It shouldnt make or break us.

This is a guy who avg 18-9 and shot 67% on the championship team in college basketball. To put that in perspective--no one else has ever done that. I wouldnt compare him to 50 other guys.

RIP Crushalot😞
Knicks1969

4/23/2015  9:49 PM
BRIGGS wrote:

I don't see it.

Bigs always take longer to develop. It will take Okafor at least 5 years with great coaching to sharpen his offensive repertoire

Knicks1969

4/23/2015  9:51 PM
blkexec wrote:
Knicks1969 wrote:
blkexec wrote:
Knicks1969 wrote:
blkexec wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
blkexec wrote:

Russell has handles like a PG???????????? I don't think so

Who said that?

Meant to say SG.

Duncan just showed why Okafor

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy