[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

I could see Aldridge coming here
Author Thread
s3231
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #544
USA
4/26/2015  5:00 PM
Think if he leaves, will come down to SA and NY.

One thing to monitor though, Alridge has had really high usage rates the past two seasons with this season coming in at 30% (2nd only to Cousins among PF/C this season and about as high as Harden even). From a basketball perspective, makes a lot more sense for him to go to San Antonio where he can play with Leonard, a player that clearly does not need nearly as many touches as Melo does to be effective.

"This is a very cautious situation that we're in. You have to be conservative in terms of using your assets and using them wisely. We're building for the future." - Zeke (I guess not protecting a first round pick is being conservative)
AUTOADVERT
dk7th
Member: #4228
USA
4/26/2015  5:35 PM
s3231 wrote:Think if he leaves, will come down to SA and NY.

One thing to monitor though, Alridge has had really high usage rates the past two seasons with this season coming in at 30% (2nd only to Cousins among PF/C this season and about as high as Harden even). From a basketball perspective, makes a lot more sense for him to go to San Antonio where he can play with Leonard, a player that clearly does not need nearly as many touches as Melo does to be effective.

aldridge needs to tighten up his game. he knows if he signs a contract with san antonio that they will force him to tighten up his game if he ends up going there. does san antonio think he can and will? does he think he can? san antonio's way of conducting its business is to not abide a player's weaknesses. they have a particular set of values that inform the way they play. it is incumbent upon a player to fit in, not be catered to.

it's how you win. one day the knicks might be able to establish the same culture as successful teams do.

how long is that going to take?

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
holfresh
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1081

4/26/2015  6:18 PM
He wouldn't have to take the tough shots he is now taking if he played for the Spurs..
dk7th
USA
4/26/2015  6:27 PM
holfresh wrote:He wouldn't have to take the tough shots he is now taking if he played for the Spurs..

explain what you mean.

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
holfresh

4/26/2015  6:34 PM
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:He wouldn't have to take the tough shots he is now taking if he played for the Spurs..

explain what you mean.

Spurs will have a better team around him so he doesn't have to feel the has to carry the load by himself..Right now in Portland, the supporting cast who isn't injured aren't stepping up to help..He can't count on Batum and Liliard...

knickscity
Member: #4241
USA
4/26/2015  7:03 PM
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:

explain what you mean.

Spurs will have a better team around him so he doesn't have to feel the has to carry the load by himself..Right now in Portland, the supporting cast who isn't injured aren't stepping up to help..He can't count on Batum and Liliard...

he's shooting more because they are hurt, but these are shots he'd take even if they were available and healthy....just not as many.
holfresh

4/26/2015  7:13 PM
knickscity wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:

explain what you mean.

he's shooting more because they are hurt, but these are shots he'd take even if they were available and healthy....just not as many.

I'm not too sure about that..He shot 47% during the regular season and is now shooting 36%..Last post season he shot 45% and the year b4 that 46%..So with a full compliment of players he shoots close to his season's average in the playoffs..I can live with 45-47% shooting..

Cartman718
Member: #1694

4/26/2015  11:22 PM
aldridge is not the answer after seeing his postseason play against a physical memphis team. phil said he wants a player who relishes contact.
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
dk7th
USA
4/27/2015  12:08 AM
Cartman718 wrote:aldridge is not the answer after seeing his postseason play against a physical memphis team. phil said he wants a player who relishes contact.

he would not make a good knick. not gritty enough.

Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
4/27/2015  5:58 AM
holfresh wrote:
knickscity wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:

explain what you mean.

I'm not too sure about that..He shot 47% during the regular season and is now shooting 36%..Last post season he shot 45% and the year b4 that 46%..So with a full compliment of players he shoots close to his season's average in the playoffs..I can live with 45-47% shooting..

You want to give a max contract to a guy and all you can say is "you can live with" his shooting?
knickscity
USA
4/27/2015  6:13 AM
holfresh wrote:
knickscity wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:

explain what you mean.

You're not too sure he's hurt and he's shooting more?
knickscity
USA
4/27/2015  6:14 AM
dk7th wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:aldridge is not the answer after seeing his postseason play against a physical memphis team. phil said he wants a player who relishes contact.

he would not make a good knick. not gritty enough.

We need talent, we need talent!!
mreinman
Member: #3189

4/27/2015  9:53 AM
57% of his shots are beyond 10 feet yet he barely cracks 40% from there.

I am waiting for someone to tell me how his shot selection is ok.

so here is what phil is thinking ....
EwingsGlass
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #893
USA
4/27/2015  10:05 AM
mreinman wrote:57% of his shots are beyond 10 feet yet he barely cracks 40% from there.

He makes up for it with volume?

This is the Randle.
mreinman

4/27/2015  10:52 AM
EwingsGlass wrote:
mreinman wrote:57% of his shots are beyond 10 feet yet he barely cracks 40% from there.

He makes up for it with volume?

haaha

reminds me of this awesome SNL clip:

RonRon
Member: #246
4/27/2015  1:50 PM
lets no forget that LA has been playing with an injury that requires surgery the whole time in addition to the multiple injuries that the Blazers are playing without and having players playing injured
The loss of Wesley Matthewws was BIGS, then Affalo was brought in to add depth, while being injured as well
Battum has been playing injured the entire year and has not been the same this year

CJ MC is also playing through injuries the past weeks, as well as Lilliard for 1/2 the year and Lopez/Kaman

Blazers are playing with too many injuries and as a result, LA has had to force things to make up for their loss of talent/injuries
They are playing against one of the strongest defensive teams in the league and forcing TO's as well

mreinman

4/27/2015  3:04 PM
RonRon wrote:lets no forget that LA has been playing with an injury that requires surgery the whole time in addition to the multiple injuries that the Blazers are playing without and having players playing injured
The loss of Wesley Matthewws was BIGS, then Affalo was brought in to add depth, while being injured as well
Battum has been playing injured the entire year and has not been the same this year

CJ MC is also playing through injuries the past weeks, as well as Lilliard for 1/2 the year and Lopez/Kaman

Blazers are playing with too many injuries and as a result, LA has had to force things to make up for their loss of talent/injuries
They are playing against one of the strongest defensive teams in the league and forcing TO's as well

This does not explain why LA has been a failure in pretty much every playoffs and that no matter who is or isn't injured, he takes very questionable shots.

mreinman

4/28/2015  10:05 AM
and yet another weak shooting game for LA. We can't blame lilliard for this one
smackeddog
Member: #883
4/28/2015  11:55 AM
mreinman wrote:and yet another weak shooting game for LA. We can't blame lilliard for this one

LA is still injured- you try shooting with torn wrist ligaments

mreinman

4/28/2015  1:22 PM
smackeddog wrote:
mreinman wrote:and yet another weak shooting game for LA. We can't blame lilliard for this one

LA is still injured- you try shooting with torn wrist ligaments

geeeez ... no excuses! And, it does not make a good enough excuse for his career.

and, if your wrist hurts then stop shooting long stupid shots.

I could see Aldridge coming here

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy