[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Robin Lopez is a back up
Author Thread
dk7th
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4228
USA
7/3/2015  1:48 PM
lopez brothers get to face each other 6 times a year now?
knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
AUTOADVERT
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
11/30/2015  10:39 AM
Bump
RIP Crushalot😞
mreinman
Member: #3189

11/30/2015  10:57 AM
our guards are killing lopez's value. He needs to clean sh1t up and there is nothing being created for him to do his sh1t.

he is a very good player who has not changed and who is healthy that is being horribly appropriated.

he is however making a big difference in KP's development but not sure if some of you can grasp this.

so here is what phil is thinking ....
dk7th
USA
11/30/2015  11:07 AM
he's playing 25 minutes a game, boxes out, protects the rim, and is a willing passer. he is a bit slow footed and sometimes misses a defensive rotation. he needs to improve his midrange shooting too. if he can improve his shooting his floor impact would be more obvious.

yes he is overpaid but he is also providing intangibles that are under-appreciated or overlooked.

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
mreinman

11/30/2015  11:09 AM
dk7th wrote:he's playing 25 minutes a game, boxes out, protects the rim, and is a willing passer. he is a bit slow footed and sometimes misses a defensive rotation. he needs to improve his midrange shooting too. if he can improve his shooting his floor impact would be more obvious.

yes he is overpaid but he is also providing intangibles that are under-appreciated or overlooked.

he is averaging 11/9/3 per 36 but his TS sucks. He has always had a high TS. Why does it suck this year?

Take a guess ...

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
11/30/2015  11:10 AM
Has anyone seen Rolo prior to this year for long stretches? I still content he is slow and less bouncy cause he is hurting but that's just a guess. Anyone?
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
mreinman

11/30/2015  11:20 AM
martin wrote:Has anyone seen Rolo prior to this year for long stretches? I still content he is slow and less bouncy cause he is hurting but that's just a guess. Anyone?

I have seen a lot of him and he seems for the most part the same.

The issue that I see with him this year is how he is being utilized. He is being asked to create offense way too far from the basket than he is accustomed to.

maybe he is hurting but I don't think so.

martin
USA
11/30/2015  11:26 AM
mreinman wrote:
martin wrote:Has anyone seen Rolo prior to this year for long stretches? I still content he is slow and less bouncy cause he is hurting but that's just a guess. Anyone?

The issue that I see with him this year is how he is being utilized. He is being asked to create offense way too far from the basket than he is accustomed to.

He's asked to set picks not create offense.

mreinman

11/30/2015  11:32 AM
martin wrote:
mreinman wrote:

that would be nice but its unfortunately not the case. He is the high post guy very often and looks like samuel dalembert did sometimes

martin
USA
11/30/2015  11:36 AM
mreinman wrote:
martin wrote:
mreinman wrote:

that would be nice but its unfortunately not the case. He is the high post guy very often and looks like samuel dalembert did sometimes

My guess is that team is waiting for KP to take that role over.

nixluva
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #758
USA
11/30/2015  11:43 AM
martin wrote:
mreinman wrote:

Martin might be right about RoLo dealing with some kind of physical issue. They've been limiting his minutes IMO. He could be used more than he has but since Pre Season RoLo was dealing with something that they never fully disclosed. I don't think it's gone away. It might be his back. He tends to get on the floor when he's off the court.

Mike Mazzeo, ESPN Staff Writer

New York Knicks center Robin Lopez plans to play in the team's regular-season opener Wednesday despite dealing with an undisclosed minor injury recently.

"I'll be ready for it, yeah," Lopez said Friday.

The New York Daily News earlier reported Lopez's injury.

"Yeah (I've been dealing with a physical ailment), but it wasn't anything too serious," Lopez told the Daily News following Thursday night's preseason finale in Boston. "I'm on the right track. I'm getting back to where I want to be and I'm almost there. It's nothing serious. Just the regular wear and tear."

RoLo normally would get a healthy dose of PnR, but obviously we do that less in this offense. He will post up more in NY in this system and I actually think he likes the way he's being used. It's gotta be something he has to also get used to and perfect. People need to realize that for most of our players these roles are somewhat new in that they haven't had this many opportunities in the past. When has Seraphin gotten this many post ups regularly? The same can be said for many of our players in terms of being put in bigger roles this year.

dk7th
USA
11/30/2015  11:50 AM
mreinman wrote:
dk7th wrote:he's playing 25 minutes a game, boxes out, protects the rim, and is a willing passer. he is a bit slow footed and sometimes misses a defensive rotation. he needs to improve his midrange shooting too. if he can improve his shooting his floor impact would be more obvious.

he is averaging 11/9/3 per 36 but his TS sucks. He has always had a high TS. Why does it suck this year?

Take a guess ...

not getting to the line enough? he needs to get better at hitting the midrange, regardless of which offense he is involved in. he and afflalo have bad form on their shots.

mreinman

11/30/2015  12:09 PM
dk7th wrote:
mreinman wrote:

Take a guess ...

not getting to the line enough? he needs to get better at hitting the midrange, regardless of which offense he is involved in. he and afflalo have bad form on their shots.

hard to get to the line a lot when you are settling for so many mid range shots. Not sure if Rolo will ever become a good mid range shooter.

dk7th
USA
11/30/2015  12:16 PM
mreinman wrote:
dk7th wrote:
mreinman wrote:

Take a guess ...

hard to get to the line a lot when you are settling for so many mid range shots. Not sure if Rolo will ever become a good mid range shooter.

sounds like chicken and egg. only way out is a pump fake, a strong dribble and a finish.

meloanyk
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5615

11/30/2015  12:29 PM
He is everything that I expected. Given expectations, no high praise or heavy criticism. A role player who was overpaid in FA like most but he contributes in what he does
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
11/30/2015  1:29 PM
I can see Paul Gasol opting out with the Bulls after this season. Don't think he loves the offense they run. While playing for a contender is his preference after LA and maybe Bulls with the new coach. He may opt for a style he thrived at since we are in a better situation.
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
mreinman

11/30/2015  1:38 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:I can see Paul Gasol opting out with the Bulls after this season. Don't think he loves the offense they run. While playing for a contender is his preference after LA and maybe Bulls with the new coach. He may opt for a style he thrived at since we are in a better situation.

you think that he will thrive here without a kobe?

newyorknewyork
11/30/2015  1:42 PM
mreinman wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:I can see Paul Gasol opting out with the Bulls after this season. Don't think he loves the offense they run. While playing for a contender is his preference after LA and maybe Bulls with the new coach. He may opt for a style he thrived at since we are in a better situation.

Sarcasm meter is ringing

mreinman

11/30/2015  1:43 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
mreinman wrote:

Sarcasm meter is ringing

no seriously. we have nobody who can break down an offense and make the triangle and a guy like gasol look good.

newyorknewyork
11/30/2015  1:47 PM
mreinman wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
mreinman wrote:

Sarcasm meter is ringing

no seriously. we have nobody who can break down an offense and make the triangle and a guy like gasol look good.

Gasol was a pretty damn good player before he ever played for LA. He was a stud last yr as well with the Bulls. Look at the role Seraphin or Lopez play and then replace them with Gasol.

Robin Lopez is a back up

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy