[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

The Case for Emmanuel Mudiay
Author Thread
nixluva
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #758
USA
5/19/2015  9:55 PM
Well now seems like the perfect time to bring back my thread on Mudiay. I think we all wanted a shot at Towns or Okafor, but really with the draft it's always the case that someone you may not have been high on turns out to be a much better player than you thought they'd be. Mudiay has tons of upside and maybe he's our choice in this draft after the workouts.

For one thing he can be that Penetrating Guard that Phil has wanted. He is a legit PG as well so he can make all of the plays in the 2 man game you'd want but he has that great breakdown ability and athletic ability too. We shouldn't be so quick to write him off.

AUTOADVERT
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
5/19/2015  9:56 PM
Don't think the "win now Dolan Knicks" will take Mudiay. He doesnt really fit the triangle either.
RIP Crushalot😞
Cartman718
Member: #1694

5/19/2015  9:58 PM
BRIGGS wrote:Don't think the "win now Dolan Knicks" will take Mudiay. He doesnt really fit the triangle either.

agree... i honestly think we are trading the pick

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
DJMUSIC
Member: #1283

5/19/2015  9:59 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
holfresh wrote:He doesn't seem as explosive in the videos I saw of him in China as he does before he went...The pre-draft workouts should say a lot about him..But drafting him will come down to position and need...If Knicks know the can land a big name via FAgency at PF then maybe you trade down and look at him...

I agree with this--this is one thing I noticed. I dont view Mudiay as a Kobe or MJ type athlete. I dont think he has NBA tier 1 athletic ability although that doesnt mean he cant be a star. Hes not as big as Tyreke Evans but could be at some point. I think hes a version of Tyreke--and depending how you tweak that game--that could be a helluva player. But I dont see the Kobe type of athletic ability. He can dunk any which way--but he cant explode or cut cat quick like those guys.

agreed!
He isnt certainly better as near as good as D'Angelo
that aint good enough for NY

Knicks lost tonight!

Turntable Musiclover & Mix-Master-ologist
RonRon
Member: #246
5/19/2015  10:00 PM
Depends on the draft and their development,
Instead of MKG, if you could get Drummond and Lilliard, I could work...

It is just less likely for top tier FA's to consider us and next year as well

FistOfOakley
Member: #3075

5/19/2015  10:12 PM
if we were running the old offense... mudiay might be interesting... he's got a lot of work on his jumper plus all the nuances of playing pg....

he's a wildcard... and it's tough with two other guards who make very good cases for themselves also...

it's going to be a long month discussing mudiay/winslow/russell...

Knicks1969
Member: #5915

5/19/2015  10:14 PM
If we end up with Mudiay, I will stop rooting for this team. This dude can't shoot, and his court vision is not really that good. I want Russell or a trade.
Thank God Fisher is no longer our coach, now let's get Calderon out of here:)
jamp
Member: #3163

5/19/2015  10:14 PM
A few hours ago the top 4 guys were franchise changing talent. Now some of us want to trade the 4th pick. wtf.
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

5/19/2015  10:15 PM
Knicks allegedly had Mudiay above Russell on the list that came out about a month ago.

Not sure why he can't play the Triangle, Briggs.

I'm as pissed off as anyone, but we will get a good player if we keep the 4th pick.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
Knicks1969
Member: #5915

5/19/2015  10:18 PM
Knicks don't have a clue. They will once again make a dumb move and draft Mudiay. Dumb moves after one another
Thank God Fisher is no longer our coach, now let's get Calderon out of here:)
nixluva
USA
5/19/2015  10:25 PM
Mudiay can play in the Triangle. It's really not that big of a deal for a guard who can score at the basket and pass. I'm not that worried about his shooting. LOTS of guards come in with a need to improve their shooting. We just watched how Shved was able to blossom in his role and Mudiay has more talent than Shved. I think Mudiay could do much of what Shved was doing and he has more upside.

Mudiay already has a good NBA body and showed he could play against men. Russell is the better shooter but Mudiay the better penetrator and finisher. We could make it work with either guy, so if it's Mudiay I think he'd be a very good pick. For all we know Mudiay could turn out to be the best player in this draft.

It's actually a good thing we run the Triangle because it doesn't require as much of the PG. A young player like Mudiay won't be weighed down with too much on his plate from a PG perspective. It's a give and go offense. You pass and cut and keep moving to the open spot, catch and shoot or drive or pass. It's really that simple for a guard. The reads are simple and there aren't any real plays as much as there are simple rules.

gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
5/19/2015  10:25 PM
Derrick Rose will be a Knick
DJMUSIC
Member: #1283

5/19/2015  10:26 PM
Mudiay game play is a bigger version/dunker of Brandon Jennings
I see no big huge Defensive highlights of Mudiay rest of game and appears to need to develop a shot
since dunking is all I seen good beside a decent passing game.

However at 6 5 he didnt seem like a Dwayne Wade type whom came into the league with less credentials
Cant mention Mudiay yet to Wade not even close ..in Dwade rookie year
We know Dwade was 2way player before his rings!

Turntable Musiclover & Mix-Master-ologist
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
5/19/2015  10:49 PM
DJMUSIC wrote:Mudiay game play is a bigger version/dunker of Brandon Jennings
I see no big huge Defensive highlights of Mudiay rest of game and appears to need to develop a shot

However at 6 5 he didnt seem like a Dwayne Wade type whom came into the league with less credentials

I thought the draft express video showed him playing good d. I wish someone would post the insider video of him from back in march breaking down his game.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
nixluva
USA
5/19/2015  10:56 PM

How can you compare this kid to Brandon Jennings? If you're gonna knock the kid you've got to do better than that. Scouts say Mudiay has the physical tools to be a very good defender. I really don't worry too much about that part of his game. He rebounds and can push the ball and create for others or finish the break himself.

You guys do realize that you're talking about a kid that was playing in a pro league at 18? He just turned 19 in March. You have to project what he's going to be as he continues to develop. He's not even close to his peak yet and he's already a legit PG with court vision and good passing ability. There's a reason he was recruited by Larry Brown. The Kid was a top PG prospect.

Just cuz we missed out on a top 3 draft spot is no reason to kick dirt on this kid. We have to see what they say about him after the workouts.

nixluva
USA
5/19/2015  11:00 PM
CrushAlot wrote:

I thought the draft express video showed him playing good d. I wish someone would post the insider video of him from back in march breaking down his game.

I"m not familiar with that video. I'll look for it. This is another one I found.

mreinman
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3189

5/19/2015  11:00 PM
nixluva wrote:

How can you compare this kid to Brandon Jennings? If you're gonna knock the kid you've got to do better than that. Scouts say Mudiay has the physical tools to be a very good defender. I really don't worry too much about that part of his game. He rebounds and can push the ball and create for others or finish the break himself.

You guys do realize that you're talking about a kid that was playing in a pro league at 18? He just turned 19 in March. You have to project what he's going to be as he continues to develop. He's not even close to his peak yet and he's already a legit PG with court vision and good passing ability. There's a reason he was recruited by Larry Brown. The Kid was a top PG prospect.

Just cuz we missed out on a top 3 draft spot is no reason to kick dirt on this kid. We have to see what they say about him after the workouts.

don't waste too many posts on him. He won't be a knick

so here is what phil is thinking ....
CrushAlot
USA
5/19/2015  11:05 PM
mreinman wrote:
nixluva wrote:

It was posted earlier that leaked scouting reports had the Knicks liking him more than Russell. Are you thinking they take Stein?
mreinman
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3189

5/19/2015  11:07 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
mreinman wrote:
nixluva wrote:

It was posted earlier that leaked scouting reports had the Knicks liking him more than Russell. Are you thinking they take Stein?

No. I think they take Winslow

so here is what phil is thinking ....
CrushAlot
USA
5/19/2015  11:10 PM
mreinman wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
mreinman wrote:
nixluva wrote:

No. I think they take Winslow

I think if it's not Mudiay it should be Winslow but Stein is the other guy linked the most to the Knicks. Melo did spend time with Winslow but he loved that guard from Baltimore, Selby?
The Case for Emmanuel Mudiay

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy