[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

The Case for Emmanuel Mudiay
Author Thread
jbeachboy
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6050

5/24/2015  8:00 PM
do knicks value mudiay a pg who can defend pg and sg and can create, score and be like russell westbrook, john wall or wade

or a sg sf who can defend multiple positions like ginobili, harden, thad young type

AUTOADVERT
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
5/24/2015  8:38 PM
fwk00 wrote:
blkexec wrote:
Moonangie wrote:
blkexec wrote:
knickscity wrote:Blaming fans is ridiculous and honestly giving a group with no effect at all way too much credit.

Unless you can prove it otherwise, I can only go by what I've seen so far....You can go back as far as you like, up until recent with THj. I don't have faith in the knick coaching staff to develop young talent. And you may be a patient fan, but the knicks have more fans than you. And these young players are attached to social media all the time. It takes a special player (especially a young player) to survive all of the negativity he will get from everybody, including fans. I think you are underestimating the power of fans who control how much money Dolan makes, which forces Dolan into making dumb decisions. I don't trust Fisher's development skills, since he's still learning on the job on how to win games. Melo and Phil only have a small timeline to turn this ship around, so they don't have patiences to give a rookie a lot of playing time, if they are 2 years away from being an impact player, as some of us have said in this forum. Since Mudiay could be more valuable to other teams, why not use him as trade bait? Unless you see him as the next Kobe Bryant or MJ.....Then you keep him. I don't see it under the current management and culture we have right now.

If the window is too small, trade Melo, don't foreclose on the future.

Thanks to our wonderful ROOKIE GM...Melo has a no trade clause.

He wanted that so that he could approve of a trading destination not so he could not be traded. It doesn't mean a lot.

It means we probably have 3 or 4 instead of 29 possible trade partners.
blkexec
Member: #748
5/24/2015  8:46 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:
fwk00 wrote:
blkexec wrote:
Moonangie wrote:
blkexec wrote:
knickscity wrote:Blaming fans is ridiculous and honestly giving a group with no effect at all way too much credit.

Unless you can prove it otherwise, I can only go by what I've seen so far....You can go back as far as you like, up until recent with THj. I don't have faith in the knick coaching staff to develop young talent. And you may be a patient fan, but the knicks have more fans than you. And these young players are attached to social media all the time. It takes a special player (especially a young player) to survive all of the negativity he will get from everybody, including fans. I think you are underestimating the power of fans who control how much money Dolan makes, which forces Dolan into making dumb decisions. I don't trust Fisher's development skills, since he's still learning on the job on how to win games. Melo and Phil only have a small timeline to turn this ship around, so they don't have patiences to give a rookie a lot of playing time, if they are 2 years away from being an impact player, as some of us have said in this forum. Since Mudiay could be more valuable to other teams, why not use him as trade bait? Unless you see him as the next Kobe Bryant or MJ.....Then you keep him. I don't see it under the current management and culture we have right now.

He wanted that so that he could approve of a trading destination not so he could not be traded. It doesn't mean a lot.

Well....theres a huge difference between 29 & 3.....Sounds like that means a lot to me.

So not only do we have a rookie GM, but now a over paid NBA star with only a few destinations for trades.

Sounds like our ROOKIE GM is really putting himself into a box. He better hope he can turn Mudiay into Kobe Bryant.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
5/24/2015  8:55 PM
At this point we can't focus on what happens if everything goes wrong. There's too much opportunity in front of this team this summer. Gotta keep the eyes on the ball. No need to obsesses on the negative at this point. Phil has to focus on determining who the best pick will be. Just get that right to start with.
jbeachboy
Member: #6050

5/24/2015  8:56 PM
he might make a mistake and trade the pick
blkexec
Member: #748
5/24/2015  9:00 PM
jbeachboy wrote:he might make a mistake and trade the pick

Well...you gotta trust your scouts. If Mudiay isn't on Kobe's level (long term), trading to obtain multiple picks isn't a bad option. But it is risky. And I think Phil ran out of risky moves at this point. Picking Mudiay is starting to look like a safe pick at 4. The top 4 players listed in the same order on every draft board you can find. It only changes from 5 on.....

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

5/24/2015  9:08 PM
blkexec wrote:

Well...you gotta trust your scouts. If Mudiay isn't on Kobe's level (long term), trading to obtain multiple picks isn't a bad option. But it is risky. And I think Phil ran out of risky moves at this point. Picking Mudiay is starting to look like a safe pick at 4. The top 4 players listed in the same order on every draft board you can find. It only changes from 5 on.....

IDK, I think its insane that posters are comparing Mudiay to one of the best guards in NBA history and a first ballot HOFer. I would be happy if he became a better all around shooter and cut down on his turnovers. That would give him a nice all around game and maybe a chance to be a future all star. Right now he has some big holes in his game to fill, Im not sure we should take the chance. Definitely not if Russell, Okafor, or Towns, are available.

nixluva
USA
5/24/2015  9:19 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
blkexec wrote:

IDK, I think its insane that posters are comparing Mudiay to one of the best guards in NBA history and a first ballot HOFer. I would be happy if he became a better all around shooter and cut down on his turnovers. That would give him a nice all around game and maybe a chance to be a future all star. Right now he has some big holes in his game to fill, Im not sure we should take the chance. Definitely not if Russell, Okafor, or Towns, are available.

I don't see a lot of people comparing Mudiay to Kobe. I think what people are hoping for is a stud guard that is on par with the current top guards in the league. Mudiay is considered to have that kind of upside. He's got the physical talent that you look for. Big guard, long, quick, breakdown ability and athletic! Those are the usual traits. The only thing is whether he can improve his shooting.

fwk00
Member: #6048

5/24/2015  9:23 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:
fwk00 wrote:
blkexec wrote:
Moonangie wrote:
blkexec wrote:

We will never have 29 trade partners for that kind of contract. The 3 or 4 legitimate trade partners are enough.

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

5/24/2015  9:26 PM
nixluva wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
blkexec wrote:

I don't see a lot of people comparing Mudiay to Kobe. I think what people are hoping for is a stud guard that is on par with the current top guards in the league. Mudiay is considered to have that kind of upside. He's got the physical talent that you look for. Big guard, long, quick, breakdown ability and athletic! Those are the usual traits. The only thing is whether he can improve his shooting.

Didnt say a lot of posters, just posters. I dont know if he will improve his shooting either. I don't believe he would be a bad pick, but a risky one from what we know about him now.

nixluva
USA
5/24/2015  10:37 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
nixluva wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
blkexec wrote:

Didnt say a lot of posters, just posters. I dont know if he will improve his shooting either. I don't believe he would be a bad pick, but a risky one from what we know about him now.

Midi's shot is completely broken. Seems to me that he probably just needs refinement of his form. He's probably not as much of a risk as some feel he is. From our vantage point it's hard to tell how good his shooting is right now. We'll have to wait for the workout reports to give us a clue.

Top 2015 NBA Draft Prospects Per 40 Minutes (2014-15)
Team PTS REB AST FG% 3FG%
D'Angelo Russell Ohio State 22.7 6.7 5.9 .449 .411
Emmanuel Mudiay Guangdong 22.9 7.9 7.5 .478 .342

yellowboy90
Member: #3538

5/24/2015  11:26 PM
nixluva wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
nixluva wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
blkexec wrote:

Midi's shot is completely broken. Seems to me that he probably just needs refinement of his form. He's probably not as much of a risk as some feel he is. From our vantage point it's hard to tell how good his shooting is right now. We'll have to wait for the workout reports to give us a clue.

Say what? His shot is complete broken and he is not a risk. Maybe you meant to say not completely broken, idk.

Regardless lets not compare a 12 game sample with a full season of stat's. That just seems silly.

nixluva
USA
5/24/2015  11:58 PM    LAST EDITED: 5/24/2015  11:58 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
nixluva wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
blkexec wrote:

Say what? His shot is complete broken and he is not a risk. Maybe you meant to say not completely broken, idk.

Regardless lets not compare a 12 game sample with a full season of stat's. That just seems silly.

Just a typo. I meant to say his shot is not completely broken. As for his short stint I would say that the chances are he would've gotten better with more playing time. He as 18 yrs old in a foreign country, in a pro league with 24 sec shot clock, playing against pros and some NBA level players. I give Mudiay a lot of credit for how he did in the CBA. It's a much tougher comp than what Russell was going up against. Ohio State had like the 69th ranked Strength of Schedule. They basically beat up on the Sisters of the Poor. They were like 1-7 against top 50 teams and 22-3 against teams ranked 51-200's

Ohio State - RECORD VS. TEAMS RANKED IN THE CBSSPORTS.COM RPI
NO. 1-25 NO. 26-50 NO. 51-100 NO. 101-200 NO. 201+
1-5 0-2 7-3 8-0 7-0
nixluva
USA
5/31/2015  11:18 PM
I thought this Mudiay hype video might interest everyone.

smackeddog
Member: #883
2/9/2018  12:06 PM
Seems like only yesterday...
The Case for Emmanuel Mudiay

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy