[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

GameThread: Knicks vs Clippers
Author Thread
smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
3/25/2015  9:38 PM
I hope we can all agree to discard any remaining ideas about re-signing Bargs after this season
AUTOADVERT
holfresh
Member: #1081

3/25/2015  9:46 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/25/2015  9:53 PM
nixluva wrote:
holfresh wrote:Only took Early 5 months to figure out he needs to lose the sleeve and drive the lane...Maybe next month he can concentrate on defense..

Why so hard on the Rook? He actually had surgery this year and the setbacks have slowed his progress down. Just be glad that he's showing a little something cuz we need as many of our prospects to develop as we can get. We have like ZERO F'n patience with this fan base now. If our rookies and prospects aren't ballin day one "get em out of here". Come on guys let's put things in some kind of damned perspective.

I didn't think he approached the game as a rook at the beginning..I think he got way ahead of himself shooting threes, and not not looking to play defense..He was trying to be little Melo...Why is a rook wearing sleeves??..

He is the perfect illustration on why you need a good coach..The talent is there and he needed guidance..If I was his coach, I would ride him to play defense and drive the lane from day one...He wouldn't be allowed to take as many threes as he takes...Some players needs to be coached...

Splat
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #5862

3/25/2015  9:47 PM
smackeddog wrote:
Splat wrote:
holfresh wrote:Only took Early 5 months to figure out he needs to lose the sleeve and drive the lane...Maybe next month he can concentrate on defense..

Nobody talks about Early anymore. Does anyone have any hunch he may actually be better next year and actually be a real contributor?

The things holding early back this year have been injuries and his 'dear in the headlight' demeanor- I think he can be a nice bench player, but only if he can get confident and get some swagger- if he doesn't he'll be out of the league by the time his contract is up. Hopefully games like this will help him in that regard

He is really the only one I'd take a true wait and see attitude. I don't think there are question marks about anyone else. I'm not expecting anything in particular, but I would not be surprised if he actually turns out to be a decent player. I think he needs to be more aggressive in general. But if his mindset remains timid, he could fade away and never be heard from again. I think he has some ability.

I've got a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell!
TPercy
Member: #5748

3/25/2015  9:49 PM
Finestrg wrote:
TPercy wrote:
Finestrg wrote:One of the more regrettable things this year -- that Quincy Acy was never allowed to participant in the offense more. Not saying this guy could've been a 20 ppg scorer or anything but he's shown enough offensive skill in spurts to the point where I feel he could've been much more of a contributor, esp. on this pathetic team.

What offensive skill set?

I think he could be a pretty good jump shooter--he's got good enough form, I've seen him hit 3s, jumpers on the baseline. And if you play him to tight, I've seen him put the ball on the floor and get to the basket. Decent defensive player, he can rebound, he's got grit and toughness. If he came up with 1 or 2 post moves and further developed his jumper and take to the basket, he could be a very serviceable offensive player, something better than Lance Thomas let's say...just my 2 cents.

He could be. But his lack of IQ is a bit worrying sometimes. When he is defended by oppenent 3's, instead of using his size and bullying him to get to the basket, he takes a jab step then takes a jumpshot. He also makes uneeded fouls on the other end aswell. He can also use some handles aswell. For now, he is just a really good player to have in a fast break.
The Future is Bright!
yellowboy90
Member: #3538

3/25/2015  10:14 PM
TPercy wrote:
Finestrg wrote:
TPercy wrote:
Finestrg wrote:One of the more regrettable things this year -- that Quincy Acy was never allowed to participant in the offense more. Not saying this guy could've been a 20 ppg scorer or anything but he's shown enough offensive skill in spurts to the point where I feel he could've been much more of a contributor, esp. on this pathetic team.

I think he could be a pretty good jump shooter--he's got good enough form, I've seen him hit 3s, jumpers on the baseline. And if you play him to tight, I've seen him put the ball on the floor and get to the basket. Decent defensive player, he can rebound, he's got grit and toughness. If he came up with 1 or 2 post moves and further developed his jumper and take to the basket, he could be a very serviceable offensive player, something better than Lance Thomas let's say...just my 2 cents.

He could be. But his lack of IQ is a bit worrying sometimes. When he is defended by oppenent 3's, instead of using his size and bullying him to get to the basket, he takes a jab step then takes a jumpshot. He also makes uneeded fouls on the other end aswell. He can also use some handles aswell. For now, he is just a really good player to have in a fast break.

You are right but when you are having a season like the Knicks are havingyou should give time to players like Acy to see if they will learn over time. Why give time to players who have consistently sucked for years, Jason/bargs?

franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
3/25/2015  10:18 PM
we were so bad, the league should take away one of our wins and turn it into a loss!
Splat
Member: #5862

3/25/2015  10:25 PM
franco12 wrote:we were so bad, the league should take away one of our wins and turn it into a loss!

We should send Charles Bronson with a sock full of quarters to Adam Silver's office and demand more losses.

I've got a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell!
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
3/26/2015  8:45 AM
Life is a shit sandwich, and every game we take another bite.

-- Larry Merchant (paraphrased)

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
3/26/2015  8:52 AM
smackeddog wrote:I hope we can all agree to discard any remaining ideas about re-signing Bargs after this season

7 feet, one rebound. One. 1. Not two, ONE. Somehow, that's worse than none.

I wonder how many writers are wondering how to retract all those "7 Reasons Why the Knicks Must ReSign Bargnani" stories...

7 - Denver has a really great Italian guy who's hurt all the time too. And they're gonna win a chip any day now.
6 - Ex-first round picks don't grow on trees.
5 - He'll be about as cheap as Steve Novak to resign.
4 - Now that Lowry's hurt, Toronto might want him late next season for draft picks. Lots of them. Hopefully, we get ours back.
3 - He sees the court really well. Especially from the bench.
2 - He can .... ummm spread the floor.
1 - Memories of his guarding DHoward have to be worth at least something near the MLE.

TPercy
Member: #5748

3/26/2015  10:18 AM
yellowboy90 wrote:
TPercy wrote:
Finestrg wrote:
TPercy wrote:

You are right but when you are having a season like the Knicks are havingyou should give time to players like Acy to see if they will learn over time. Why give time to players who have consistently sucked for years, Jason/bargs?

Agreed, goes to show how I don't understand what Fisher is doing at this point.

The Future is Bright!
GameThread: Knicks vs Clippers

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy