[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Enes Kanter is becoming my number 1 free agent
Author Thread
TPercy
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #5748

3/18/2015  7:57 PM
His jumpshot at Utah was terrible but here in OKC IT HAS been looking good so far despite the 12 games he has only played in. He shot 38% from 1=016 and he shot that shot 86% of the time.
The Future is Bright!
AUTOADVERT
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
3/18/2015  10:42 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/19/2015  1:58 AM
I just finished watching the entire Boston OKC game. Anyone who criticizes or thinks Kanter is not a maximum guy is flat wrong. He was very solid for most of the game defensively--the only point that he had trouble was when they put Olynck at C and played 4 wing players to help Boston make up margin in the 4th Q. But most of this game he looked like an all star PF solid rebounding good passing solid interior defense shot making both on the post and in the mid range. I dont see getting a much better player at all of 22. A lot of these criticisms are coming from people who go by stats and dont watch the games. If anyone watched tonight's game and says Kanter is a poor interior defender--just flat wrong. The only thing he did poorly in this game was that he was not a good match when Boston went very small down 18--they did make up margin there. Otherwise Boston has no match up for him and he played very well on both sides.
RIP Crushalot😞
callmened
Member: #4234

3/18/2015  10:59 PM
i watch a lot of Utah (my friend plays on the jazz team). Kanter is not a prime time player. he is skilled offensively. can rebound when he wants to. but sucks on defense. im just not sure if its cuz he doesnt know how to play or doesnt want to play. dude is an NBA started but NOT a primetime max player. on a good team hes a 4th option, on a bad team hes a 1st or 2nd.

also keep in mind they played the boston celtics tonight. not the 86 celtics, the 2015 version. lol.

would i take him on my team? sure for 10 million. not more

Knicks should be improved: win about 40 games and maybe sneak into the playoffs. Melo, Rose and even Noah will have some nice moments however this team should be about PORZINGUS. the sooner they make him the primary player, the better
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
3/18/2015  11:01 PM
OKC THUNDER @okcthunder
Steven Adams (14p-13r) on Thunder Radio: "Enes and I bring a physical presence. We try to run down teams, beat them with our stamina."
4m ago
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
TPercy
Member: #5748

3/18/2015  11:33 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/18/2015  11:33 PM
TPercy wrote:His jumpshot at Utah was terrible but here in OKC IT HAS been looking good so far despite the 12 games he has only played in. He shot 38% from 1=016 and he shot that shot 86% of the time.

10-16 ft*

The Future is Bright!
mreinman
Member: #3189

3/18/2015  11:44 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/18/2015  11:45 PM
BRIGGS wrote:I just finished watching the entire Boston OKC game. Anyone who criticizes or thinks Kanter is not a maximum guy is flat wrong. He was very solid for most of the game defensively--the only point that he had trouble was when they put Olynck at C and played 4 wing players to help Boston make up margin in the 4th Q. But most of this game he looked like an all star PF solid rebounding good passing solid interior defense shot making both on the post and in the mid range. I dont see getting a much better player at all of 22. A lot of these criticisms are coming from people who go by stats and dont watch the games. If anyone watched tonight's game and says Kanter is a poor interior defender--just flat wrong. The only thing he did poorly in this game was that he was not a good match when Boston went very small down 18--they did make up margin there. Otherwise Boston has no match up for him and he played very well on both sides.

Briggs, you just started watching him. Many of us have been watching him for years, and yes, the people who dont buy into this yet are the people who have watched him and his sh1tty stats for a while.

You watch one game and from that you determine that he is a good defender? Thats a flat out joke!

We all see that his STATS and his play have been great since he went to OKC. Some of us are not ready to complete judgement on a guy based on 13 games. Its plain stupid and careless. Remember Jeremy Lin? Was he worth a max after that stretch? Of course not, he is worth 4-5 million per since those games were more of an aberration.

As we have said, we will continue to see how this plays out through the end of the season, no need to pound your chest and to make silly assertions based on watching him play (defense) for one game.

How about when/if he comes back to earth and ends up being closer to what he has been in his career? Are you gonna say that he hurt his leg and that is why he is not the same player anymore? I have seen you do that a number of times so that you are not called out for being wrong.

Stats people have no problem being wrong or jumping ship in a heartbeat if the new sample size is big enough to warrant it.

And, saying that stats people who judge him just don't watch the games is again silly. His stats are phenomenal in OKC and we don't need you to watch the games and report it to us. We can see it for ourselves.

Kanter has played 278 games in his career, judging him on 13 of them is beyond premature and careless.

Can players just turn it around and sustain that overnight? Of course they can but its extremely rare. Can he be that rarity? Lets see (and hopefully keep all this Kanter talk in one thread so that his progress will be easy to follow).

so here is what phil is thinking ....
yellowboy90
Member: #3538

3/19/2015  12:02 AM
mreinman wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:I just finished watching the entire Boston OKC game. Anyone who criticizes or thinks Kanter is not a maximum guy is flat wrong. He was very solid for most of the game defensively--the only point that he had trouble was when they put Olynck at C and played 4 wing players to help Boston make up margin in the 4th Q. But most of this game he looked like an all star PF solid rebounding good passing solid interior defense shot making both on the post and in the mid range. I dont see getting a much better player at all of 22. A lot of these criticisms are coming from people who go by stats and dont watch the games. If anyone watched tonight's game and says Kanter is a poor interior defender--just flat wrong. The only thing he did poorly in this game was that he was not a good match when Boston went very small down 18--they did make up margin there. Otherwise Boston has no match up for him and he played very well on both sides.

Briggs, you just started watching him. Many of us have been watching him for years, and yes, the people who dont buy into this yet are the people who have watched him and his sh1tty stats for a while.

You watch one game and from that you determine that he is a good defender? Thats a flat out joke!

We all see that his STATS and his play have been great since he went to OKC. Some of us are not ready to complete judgement on a guy based on 13 games. Its plain stupid and careless. Remember Jeremy Lin? Was he worth a max after that stretch? Of course not, he is worth 4-5 million per since those games were more of an aberration.

As we have said, we will continue to see how this plays out through the end of the season, no need to pound your chest and to make silly assertions based on watching him play (defense) for one game.

How about when/if he comes back to earth and ends up being closer to what he has been in his career? Are you gonna say that he hurt his leg and that is why he is not the same player anymore? I have seen you do that a number of times so that you are not called out for being wrong.

Stats people have no problem being wrong or jumping ship in a heartbeat if the new sample size is big enough to warrant it.

And, saying that stats people who judge him just don't watch the games is again silly. His stats are phenomenal in OKC and we don't need you to watch the games and report it to us. We can see it for ourselves.

Kanter has played 278 games in his career, judging him on 13 of them is beyond premature and careless.

Can players just turn it around and sustain that overnight? Of course they can but its extremely rare. Can he be that rarity? Lets see (and hopefully keep all this Kanter talk in one thread so that his progress will be easy to follow).

Yeah, I think most people are simply saying they like what they see but will reserve judgement and review the "case" when more information comes in. They want to see if this is just a streak or a rebirth. Is this Shump at the beginning of the year or his first 2 weeks playing in Cleveland or is this just regular Shump

BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
3/19/2015  12:36 AM
mreinman wrote:

Im sure you have seen dozens upon dozens of games played by Kanter at Utah! I have seen him 3 of the 13 games(and just 1 total game--tonight) he has played at OKC--thats it--and thats all I need to see. What I saw tonight--thats it. Its not a lucky game--I cant speak on how he played for Utah other than he was a boy when he started there and the team was not balanced and poor. The player that is playing in OKC is a premier FA. He gace good effort on D He blocked 1-2 shots and bothered acouple more. He ran the court hard. He was post dominant.. Celtics has no answer for him and hes just going to get better every game. Hes huge skilled he gives really good effort and hes just flat out good.

RIP Crushalot😞
callmened
Member: #4234

3/19/2015  9:15 AM
see, even though i respect your opinion BRIGGS i dont agree. i think you have to take his career body of work (for any player actually).

yes i think OKC is a better fit cuz hes the 4th option. he can be hidden while the real stars do the work. yes he has ability but my criticism is that he DOESNT bring it every night. yes he could rebound, he could defend however he just consistently didnt do it. my concern is WHY he doesnt do it. maybe it was cuz he was young or doesnt have the ability. but my biggest concern was that he didnt have the internal desire to. we're only seeing glimpses of it now because hes on a vet okc team thats FIGHTING to win.

should the knicks pay him max money to play on a bad team? i think that would be a big eddie curry mistake. i think hed get fat and lazy again. (i dont think melo is high in the leadership department). the kid has ability and might even get better.for now hes best as a 4th option at around 8-10 mill. he still needs to grow up and maybe he reaches that max contract potential at age 26

Knicks should be improved: win about 40 games and maybe sneak into the playoffs. Melo, Rose and even Noah will have some nice moments however this team should be about PORZINGUS. the sooner they make him the primary player, the better
mreinman

3/19/2015  10:07 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
mreinman wrote:

Im sure you have seen dozens upon dozens of games played by Kanter at Utah! I have seen him 3 of the 13 games(and just 1 total game--tonight) he has played at OKC--thats it--and thats all I need to see. What I saw tonight--thats it. Its not a lucky game--I cant speak on how he played for Utah other than he was a boy when he started there and the team was not balanced and poor. The player that is playing in OKC is a premier FA. He gace good effort on D He blocked 1-2 shots and bothered acouple more. He ran the court hard. He was post dominant.. Celtics has no answer for him and hes just going to get better every game. Hes huge skilled he gives really good effort and hes just flat out good.

So Briggs, the knicks have pretty much sent a scout to scout every kentucky game so that they can get some sort of idea of what the players are capable of.

You however can watch (as you said) one full game and you are good to go? You see the problem here? How many scouts can just watch a player for one game and render judgement? None (or just really bad ones).

mreinman

3/19/2015  10:09 AM
callmened wrote:see, even though i respect your opinion BRIGGS i dont agree. i think you have to take his career body of work (for any player actually).

yes i think OKC is a better fit cuz hes the 4th option. he can be hidden while the real stars do the work. yes he has ability but my criticism is that he DOESNT bring it every night. yes he could rebound, he could defend however he just consistently didnt do it. my concern is WHY he doesnt do it. maybe it was cuz he was young or doesnt have the ability. but my biggest concern was that he didnt have the internal desire to. we're only seeing glimpses of it now because hes on a vet okc team thats FIGHTING to win.

should the knicks pay him max money to play on a bad team? i think that would be a big eddie curry mistake. i think hed get fat and lazy again. (i dont think melo is high in the leadership department). the kid has ability and might even get better.for now hes best as a 4th option at around 8-10 mill. he still needs to grow up and maybe he reaches that max contract potential at age 26

well said sir.

Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
3/19/2015  10:10 AM
Kanter is a good option but if we are paying max than Monroe should be the top target. He's a little better than Kanter and a better fit. But they are close.
mreinman

3/19/2015  10:18 AM
Knixkik wrote:Kanter is a good option but if we are paying max than Monroe should be the top target. He's a little better than Kanter and a better fit. But they are close.

Not excited about either.

Monroe is a willing passer while Kanter is not.

Kanter is younger and perhaps has more upside and also has better range.

Both are not good defenders but Kanter is a lot worse.

Pass on both.

If forced to choose, I would choose Kanter (if he keeps up this new production through the rest of the season).

Knixkik
USA
3/19/2015  10:25 AM
mreinman wrote:
Knixkik wrote:Kanter is a good option but if we are paying max than Monroe should be the top target. He's a little better than Kanter and a better fit. But they are close.

Pass on both.

If forced to choose, I would choose Kanter (if he keeps up this new production through the rest of the season).

Monroe is a consistent player who can score, rebound, and pass. He's got upside and is always pretty durable. He's the type of player who can thrive here as he still has a ton of potential. He is also unrestricted.

mreinman

3/19/2015  10:29 AM
Knixkik wrote:
mreinman wrote:

Pass on both.

Monroe is a consistent player who can score, rebound, and pass. He's got upside and is always pretty durable. He's the type of player who can thrive here as he still has a ton of potential. He is also unrestricted.

just does not stretch the floor enough for me. He pretty much can't do anything outside of 3 feet.

Knixkik
USA
3/19/2015  10:51 AM
mreinman wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
mreinman wrote:

Pass on both.

just does not stretch the floor enough for me. He pretty much can't do anything outside of 3 feet.

Actually, he does pretty well in the high post area.

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

3/19/2015  11:06 AM
Would have to see who else is out there, season isnt even over yet. Can't change your mind Briggs!
mreinman

3/19/2015  11:49 AM
Knixkik wrote:
mreinman wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
mreinman wrote:

Pass on both.

outside of 3 feet his shooting percentages are brutal.

Knixkik
USA
3/19/2015  12:13 PM
mreinman wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
mreinman wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
mreinman wrote:

Pass on both.

He has always been a pretty good midrange player. Take a look at previous seasons. I think him slipping has more to do with him being out of place in this offense, and lack of space.

mreinman

3/19/2015  12:29 PM
Knixkik wrote:
mreinman wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
mreinman wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
mreinman wrote:

Pass on both.

He has always been a pretty good midrange player. Take a look at previous seasons. I think him slipping has more to do with him being out of place in this offense, and lack of space.

He is shooting under 35% for his career outside of 3 feet. Taking a closer look at the numbers, I can't believe he is/has been this bad outside of 3 feet. Thats a huge red flag.

This is a typical case of the eye test failing us and perhaps making us think that he is a "good" mid range shooter.

Enes Kanter is becoming my number 1 free agent

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy