[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Enes Kanter is becoming my number 1 free agent
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
3/18/2015  12:31 AM
mreinman wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:I just want to get a solid post player capable of scoring 20-10 on a consistent basis. You could easily play guys like Aldrich Towns Admundson on the other side of him but hes the guy who drags the defense off the perimeter guys.

I believe in

Post 20-10 player

Penetrating PG capable of 15-20

and an athletic wing player who can play in and out who cna also get you 20

filled in by 3 point shooters secondary post players to go 2 big and high IQ back ups with good team depth.

Im not overly concerned with one players defense but rather if they can fit into a defensive scheme.

Yu'll see in the NCAA some tough mid major teams knock off some upper tier teams while being significantly smaller--actually C Early's tam that went 35-1 was really undersized but played defense very tough as a unit--which trumps individual defensive play

There was a good stat that the Knicks had up--core players staying together. Ive said that for 15 years--my goal is always to put 3 young guys together with the hope that they can stay together for a decade. I think that Utah is putting that together as we speak and I always want to do that. That is what Phil has done with some of these secondary players--he wants some cohesion going into next year.

So Im not overly concerned about a players weakness as long as we can compensate as a team and the said player has effect with what he does well.

Its very much like Bargnanai tonight. Without Bargs 16-10 we dont have a chance--we had other players step up Admundson Aldrich and Smith play their roles in the post and we got the quality play you want out of the guards. I thought Travis Wear also played well.

How come you are not worried about Kanters stats while on Utah??

We probably have 25-30 games to see Kanters production on a western playoff team---it will give any team including OKC a lot of time to check out what he can do especially with Ibaka done

RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
mreinman
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3189

3/18/2015  11:39 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
mreinman wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:I just want to get a solid post player capable of scoring 20-10 on a consistent basis. You could easily play guys like Aldrich Towns Admundson on the other side of him but hes the guy who drags the defense off the perimeter guys.

I believe in

Post 20-10 player

filled in by 3 point shooters secondary post players to go 2 big and high IQ back ups with good team depth.

Im not overly concerned with one players defense but rather if they can fit into a defensive scheme.

Yu'll see in the NCAA some tough mid major teams knock off some upper tier teams while being significantly smaller--actually C Early's tam that went 35-1 was really undersized but played defense very tough as a unit--which trumps individual defensive play

There was a good stat that the Knicks had up--core players staying together. Ive said that for 15 years--my goal is always to put 3 young guys together with the hope that they can stay together for a decade. I think that Utah is putting that together as we speak and I always want to do that. That is what Phil has done with some of these secondary players--he wants some cohesion going into next year.

So Im not overly concerned about a players weakness as long as we can compensate as a team and the said player has effect with what he does well.

Its very much like Bargnanai tonight. Without Bargs 16-10 we dont have a chance--we had other players step up Admundson Aldrich and Smith play their roles in the post and we got the quality play you want out of the guards. I thought Travis Wear also played well.

We probably have 25-30 games to see Kanters production on a western playoff team---it will give any team including OKC a lot of time to check out what he can do especially with Ibaka done

I agree ... but you still have not addressed his horrible (advanced) stats in Utah for his whole career.

so here is what phil is thinking ....
BRIGGS
3/18/2015  11:44 AM
mreinman wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
mreinman wrote:

I believe in

Post 20-10 player

I agree ... but you still have not addressed his horrible (advanced) stats in Utah for his whole career.

Yeah he plays the same position as Derrick Favors the point guard play and system have been poor and he started his career at 19. I dont blame the Jazz for what they did--Id love to have Gobert to. Gobert could be on course to best the best C in the NBA for a long time coming. There is no way Utah could pay Favors and Kanter kanter asked out so done deal. Kanters career has JUST started a 6-1 260 pound big like this who plays with a means streak???

RIP Crushalot😞
mreinman

3/18/2015  11:49 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
mreinman wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
mreinman wrote:

I believe in

Post 20-10 player

Yeah he plays the same position as Derrick Favors the point guard play and system have been poor and he started his career at 19. I dont blame the Jazz for what they did--Id love to have Gobert to. Gobert could be on course to best the best C in the NBA for a long time coming. There is no way Utah could pay Favors and Kanter kanter asked out so done deal. Kanters career has JUST started a 6-1 260 pound big like this who plays with a means streak???

I am talking about his terrible metrics. His USG : AST ratio, WS48, VORP, etc ...

You seem to put to much into PPG, RPG and ignore most of the other more valuable data.

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

3/18/2015  12:22 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
mreinman wrote:

I believe in

Post 20-10 player

He has looked good in the games Ive seen. Lets see how Kanter does in the playoffs. After the Jerome James fiasco, I am concerned however about throwing lots of money (and cap space) to a player in a contract year, who has a breakout performance in the playoffs.

BRIGGS
3/18/2015  12:31 PM
mreinman wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
mreinman wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
mreinman wrote:

I believe in

Post 20-10 player

I am talking about his terrible metrics. His USG : AST ratio, WS48, VORP, etc ...

You seem to put to much into PPG, RPG and ignore most of the other more valuable data.

I can see him as a 20-12 6-11 260 PF/C with Towns on the other side of him. Ive already seen signs he can pass with his new team. Hes 22 and perhaps we can bring in a Herb Williams for the summer to teach him to some reaction timing with his body for some shot blocking but overall his body is perfect he plays with a tude hes a GREAT rebounder. He s got a great touch in close. If I have two 7 footers(or close) on each unit--one who is more of a shot blocker the other a scorer--then Im balanced. Do you understand ? Utah is kind of lucky they have two shot blockers there--but most teams just dont have that. At the end of the game--kanter is a guy you can go to for a post move and high % shot.

RIP Crushalot😞
mreinman

3/18/2015  12:55 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
mreinman wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
mreinman wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
mreinman wrote:

I believe in

Post 20-10 player

I can see him as a 20-12 6-11 260 PF/C with Towns on the other side of him. Ive already seen signs he can pass with his new team. Hes 22 and perhaps we can bring in a Herb Williams for the summer to teach him to some reaction timing with his body for some shot blocking but overall his body is perfect he plays with a tude hes a GREAT rebounder. He s got a great touch in close. If I have two 7 footers(or close) on each unit--one who is more of a shot blocker the other a scorer--then Im balanced. Do you understand ? Utah is kind of lucky they have two shot blockers there--but most teams just dont have that. At the end of the game--kanter is a guy you can go to for a post move and high % shot.

Sorry ... I thought that you said that that "we can bring him Herb Williams" and I spilled all over myself.

You still keep refusing to address my question and I am not sure why.

Here it is again:

BRIGGS
3/18/2015  1:33 PM
mreinman wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
mreinman wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
mreinman wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
mreinman wrote:

I believe in

Post 20-10 player

Sorry ... I thought that you said that that "we can bring him Herb Williams" and I spilled all over myself.

Here it is again:

I answered you. I said he played in Utah at a young age on a bad team with an unbalanced roster. He has two games with OKC where he put up 4 assists in one game 5 in another. That proves to me he can be a very willing passer. I think you will get abetter view of his skills in OKC.

RIP Crushalot😞
mreinman

3/18/2015  1:38 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
mreinman wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
mreinman wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
mreinman wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
mreinman wrote:

I believe in

Post 20-10 player

Here it is again:

I answered you. I said he played in Utah at a young age on a bad team with an unbalanced roster. He has two games with OKC where he put up 4 assists in one game 5 in another. That proves to me he can be a very willing passer. I think you will get abetter view of his skills in OKC.

Ok ... I don't think that a player just changes over night and is still the same young guy who stunk / played like a selfish bonehead in Utah.

Lets see how this plays out and if he sustains this new born again play.

And, I am assuming that if he was a FA today that you would not max him but you are predicting that he will sustain this play and that if he does, you would extend him a lucrative contract, is that right?

BRIGGS
3/18/2015  2:29 PM
Look at the jumpshot on the guy. This guy is 22. You add in the post moves the rebounding potential this guy would bring a lot to this team/system

RIP Crushalot😞
mreinman

3/18/2015  2:46 PM
BRIGGS wrote:Look at the jumpshot on the guy. This guy is 22. You add in the post moves the rebounding potential this guy would bring a lot to this team/system

Someone may have though that it was a great idea to go after this guy and give up the house (with out checking deeper into his stats) after a youtube obsession:

BRIGGS
3/18/2015  3:00 PM
mreinman wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:Look at the jumpshot on the guy. This guy is 22. You add in the post moves the rebounding potential this guy would bring a lot to this team/system

Someone may have though that it was a great idea to go after this guy and give up the house (with out checking deeper into his stats) after a youtube obsession:

Bargs is good for this system. Im sorry but I havent heard who you are interested in? In the triangle you need a post pivot--you understand that right?

RIP Crushalot😞
mreinman

3/18/2015  3:05 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
mreinman wrote:

Bargs is good for this system. Im sorry but I havent heard who you are interested in? In the triangle you need a post pivot--you understand that right?

when you say/ask "you understand that right?" its kind of belittling like you understand things that I don't. Its really not a good look for you.

Would you max bargs out or would you have maxed him before because you saw a good stroke?

You should look at the data before you complete your decisions based on your dangerous eyes.

You should also not make decision on small sample sizes and have a longer term approach to scouting and metric tracking.

BRIGGS
3/18/2015  3:16 PM
mreinman wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
mreinman wrote:

when you say/ask "you understand that right?" its kind of belittling like you understand things that I don't. Its really not a good look for you.

Would you max bargs out or would you have maxed him before because you saw a good stroke?

You should look at the data before you complete your decisions based on your dangerous eyes.

You should also not make decision on small sample sizes and have a longer term approach to scouting and metric tracking.

Well I cant really have a conversation with someone who wont put his 0.2 on a player we should acquire and why? Im saying Kanter is a high quality 6-11 260 pound PF/C who has great touch out to 18 feet has a high quality post game has shown the potential to be a tier 1 rebounder, has recently shown the ability to find the open man in multiple ways and hes 22 years old. When i start talking age size skills fit--I mean hes a Post C with a jumpshot who fits the triangle. I think his recent play in OKC has proven what he can do under the right circumstance with good players and floor balance.

You have Kanter with a strong upward movement in his numbers from year 1--what else would you like? You cant even tell me one guy you would want-- there is no discussion--just one way.

RIP Crushalot😞
mreinman

3/18/2015  3:23 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
mreinman wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
mreinman wrote:

Well I cant really have a conversation with someone who wont put his 0.2 on a player we should acquire and why? Im saying Kanter is a high quality 6-11 260 pound PF/C who has great touch out to 18 feet has a high quality post game has shown the potential to be a tier 1 rebounder, has recently shown the ability to find the open man in multiple ways and hes 22 years old. When i start talking age size skills fit--I mean hes a Post C with a jumpshot who fits the triangle. I think his recent play in OKC has proven what he can do under the right circumstance with good players and floor balance.

You have Kanter with a strong upward movement in his numbers from year 1--what else would you like? You cant even tell me one guy you would want-- there is no discussion--just one way.

His recent play in OKC has not "proven" anything! C'mon Briggs ... ITS 12 GAMES!

I have posted players that I like many times in other threads ... here are players that I posted recently:

Marc Gasol
Robin Lopez
GORAN Dragic
Wes Mathews (pre injury though I would still consider him at a steep discount)
Alex Ajinca (if the price is right/cheap)
Danny Green
Jimmy Butler
K Leonard
Cory Josephs
Draymond Green (I am jumping in on this one because he seems to have an intangible it factor)
Demare Carol
Paul Milsap
Jonas Jerebko
Bismack Biyombo (so 1969 can stop posting about him)
cory brewer (just to make Happy Walters happy again)
patrick beverly (6 million per)
Lavoy Allen
Ed Davis
Jeremy Lin
Kosta Koufas (because Yellowboy believes in him ... need to see more though)
Marco Belinelli

BRIGGS
3/18/2015  3:47 PM
mreinman wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
mreinman wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
mreinman wrote:

His recent play in OKC has not "proven" anything! C'mon Briggs ... ITS 12 GAMES!

I have posted players that I like many times in other threads ... here are players that I posted recently:

Marc Gasol
Robin Lopez
GORAN Dragic
Danny Green
Jimmy Butler
K Leonard
Cory Josephs
Draymond Green (I am jumping in on this one because he seems to have an intangible it factor)
Demare Carol
Paul Milsap
Jonas Jerebko
Lavoy Allen
Ed Davis
Jeremy Lin
Marco Belinelli

ok I appreciate that you answered. Here are my beliefs.

It will be impossible to get Gasol Dragic Butler Leonard Green--I think you know that?. After that there is no player on that list who could affect our team more in a material way than Kanter other than Millsap but if Im spending big money Ill take the 22 year old and pass on the 32 year old. Beverly no interest Biyombo cant shoot. There is no player like Kanter on this list of attainable FA's. In terms of guards i like Stuckey for his game diversification and potential cost fit. Jerebeko if he was super cheap but again hes a back up. Carroll is going to cost 7-8mm I like him--but his cost is going to be high. Ive just become very high on Kanter--its the way I perceive a basketball team with a 6-11-260 pound skill post. Ive said the same thing for 15 years--his play just took off to the level that would make me offer him a max contract if he can sustain it through the rest of the year and playoffs. I like the idea of keeping Admundson and Aldrich grabbing a pivot out of the draft and bringing back one of Bargs or Smith. If you added Kanter to that frontcourt Stuckey to our backcourt and then an athletic wing defender who can lock down--then I think we have something.

RIP Crushalot😞
mreinman

3/18/2015  3:54 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
mreinman wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
mreinman wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
mreinman wrote:

Marc Gasol
Robin Lopez
GORAN Dragic
Danny Green
Jimmy Butler
K Leonard
Cory Josephs
Demare Carol
Paul Milsap
Jonas Jerebko
Lavoy Allen
Ed Davis
Jeremy Lin
Marco Belinelli

ok I appreciate that you answered. Here are my beliefs.

It will be impossible to get Gasol Dragic Butler Leonard Green--I think you know that?. After that there is no player on that list who could affect our team more in a material way than Kanter other than Millsap but if Im spending big money Ill take the 22 year old and pass on the 32 year old. Beverly no interest Biyombo cant shoot. There is no player like Kanter on this list of attainable FA's. In terms of guards i like Stuckey for his game diversification and potential cost fit. Jerebeko if he was super cheap but again hes a back up. Carroll is going to cost 7-8mm I like him--but his cost is going to be high. Ive just become very high on Kanter--its the way I perceive a basketball team with a 6-11-260 pound skill post. Ive said the same thing for 15 years--his play just took off to the level that would make me offer him a max contract if he can sustain it through the rest of the year and playoffs. I like the idea of keeping Admundson and Aldrich grabbing a pivot out of the draft and bringing back one of Bargs or Smith. If you added Kanter to that frontcourt Stuckey to our backcourt and then an athletic wing defender who can lock down--then I think we have something.

Kanter's defense really scares me. We need defenders who sell their bodies out for plays. He is far from that guy.

He has been a negative sum player in every advanced metrics his whole career (I really wish that you would address the analytics argument).

He has been really good for 12 games which I assume based on his career trend that he will not sustain. If he plays out the season at this level then OKC is keeping him and even if I would reconsider, we would have less of a chance at him then Draymond Greeen (who happens to be a 2 way player).

Everything that you are saying about Kanter is what people said and this same thinking caused the knicks to make a complete brain fart and ignore every metric and every warning sign. These cannot be ignored anymore, they are there to protect us from ourselves.

TripleThreat
Member: #3997

3/18/2015  6:43 PM
BRIGGS wrote:You have Kanter with a strong upward movement in his numbers from year 1--what else would you like? You cant even tell me one guy you would want-- there is no discussion--just one way.

You do this happy horse **** over and over and you've done it a lot the past few days.

This entire "PROVE TO ME WHY YOUR OPINION SHOULD BE VALID" horse ****.

It's a cheap ****ty way to treat other people. It's a cheap ****ty passive aggressive way to avoid legitimate basketball questions posed to you by other people.

Whenever challenged on your basketball opinions or views, you ignore the stuff you just can't address. When pressed on it, you demand proof of life why the other person's opinion at all should matter, as if you are some final arbiter on whether their opinion even belongs here or not.

If you want to talk trade rape ( and IMHO you do over and over) and even self inflicted trade rape for the Knicks front office, more power to you. But you can't seem to do it without learning some kind of even basic boundaries at all like a civilized human being.

There's a difference between respecting someones right to an opinion and respecting their opinion. It's a huge difference.

mreinman

3/18/2015  6:48 PM
TPercy
Member: #5748

3/18/2015  7:54 PM
If we don't draft Okafor or someone with post game like that, I quite frankly see Melo as our go to post player.
The Future is Bright!
Enes Kanter is becoming my number 1 free agent

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy