Enes Kanter is becoming my number 1 free agent
Author Thread
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
1/28/2016  9:38 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/28/2016  9:41 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
Nalod wrote:Kanter plays 20 min. Last year he played more. Im asking briggs to defend the statement but perhaps as a player he followed he could tell us whats going on. Injury? condition? New coach? Slow to adapt to a new system? Post contract laziness?

Thats a lot of money for a bench player. Enes had a resurgence last year after the trade so it was a positive and it got him paid.

Nalod do two things. A take a look at Kanters PER and production per minute. I'm surprised at some of these answers. Serge I aka was hurt last year and kanter is his primary back up he got his money for a reason same guy who drafted harden westbrook Durant Jackson etched made the decision to trade for and pay him Do you think roll gives okc a better player. Not close

You're only getting a few more points per 36 from Kanter career-wise than Lopez career-wise (and Lopez has clearly returned to or surpassed his career production). You're right Lopez struggled in the beginning but what matters is moving forward since we weren't accomplishing anything significant post-season this year anyway. Lopez seems to have stabilized (this month) as a 15 point per 36 player. He's also generating about 2 1/2 more points per 36 from assists than Kanter does. The overall difference in offensive production per 36 is pretty small. And obviously the defensive difference is huge. Kanter also takes up $4 mil per year more cap space than Lopez.
AUTOADVERT
yellowboy90
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3538

1/28/2016  9:49 AM
The real question is if Lopez will ever enter into Tyson type status for Bonn?
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
1/28/2016  9:54 AM
Bonn1997 wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Nalod wrote:Kanter plays 20 min. Last year he played more. Im asking briggs to defend the statement but perhaps as a player he followed he could tell us whats going on. Injury? condition? New coach? Slow to adapt to a new system? Post contract laziness?

Thats a lot of money for a bench player. Enes had a resurgence last year after the trade so it was a positive and it got him paid.

Nalod do two things. A take a look at Kanters PER and production per minute. I'm surprised at some of these answers. Serge I aka was hurt last year and kanter is his primary back up he got his money for a reason same guy who drafted harden westbrook Durant Jackson etched made the decision to trade for and pay him Do you think roll gives okc a better player. Not close

You're only getting a few more points per 36 from Kanter career-wise than Lopez career-wise (and Lopez has clearly returned to or surpassed his career production). You're right Lopez struggled in the beginning but what matters is moving forward since we weren't accomplishing anything significant post-season this year anyway. Lopez seems to have stabilized (this month) as a 15 point per 36 player. He's also generating about 2 1/2 more points per 36 from assists than Kanter does. The overall difference in offensive production per 36 is pretty small. And obviously the defensive difference is huge. Kanter also takes up $4 mil per year more cap space than Lopez.

Much more to it than that Bonn.

I could easily say their last year

Enes avg 20-11 and Robin 12-8--thats a bIG difference. Robin's production has declined Y-Y from the beginning of his NBA career while Enes is on the way up. Enes is 23 Lopez is 27

RIP Crushalot😞
nyk4ever
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #848
USA
1/28/2016  10:00 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
nyk4ever wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
H1AND1 wrote:Briggs seems you've got a bit of tunnel vision here. Kanter's terrible defense wipes away his offensive contributions. The fact that he is on a winning team means absolutely nothing. So every player on an elite team is great? Come on that makes no sense.

I'd MUCH rather have Rolo than Kanter. Period full stop.

Wed have a better record with Kanter than Rolo. It wouldve forced KP to the 5-we d have much better rebounding a second 20 point scorer who can legitimately spread the floor. Rolo has had like 20 bad games atleast--no way Kanter wouldve done that. Nope wd be better with Kanter than Rolo--I dont think wed be any different with monroe. Lets not make Rolo out to Patrick Ewing--they guy has played a ton of bad games. Kanter was THE reason why OKC won that game last night if you watched the 1st half--he kept them in that game. Kanter really is a better version of what D Williams does for us--that his role for OKC. His role year wouldve been starting PF and my guess is he would avg 21-12 per 35 minutes. With KP at C we have a rim protector-as long as every one does their job we wouldve been good. At the end of the day OKC is 34-13 and Kanter is one of their main guys.

so now we're playing the "what-if" game? this is tpyical briggs, can't admit when he's wrong. so now all the sudden kanter is playing 35mpg here when he's only playing 20mpg for the thunder? steven adams is starting in front kanter, i mean that's all you pretty much need to know.

I didnt bring this up?

I think the answer to this thread however is
one team is 35-13 the other is 22-25.

that's the answer briggs? let me fix that for you. one team has two top10 players (and no kanter isn't part of that duo) and the other is rebuilding?

"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
BRIGGS
1/28/2016  10:28 AM
nyk4ever wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
nyk4ever wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
H1AND1 wrote:Briggs seems you've got a bit of tunnel vision here. Kanter's terrible defense wipes away his offensive contributions. The fact that he is on a winning team means absolutely nothing. So every player on an elite team is great? Come on that makes no sense.

Wed have a better record with Kanter than Rolo. It wouldve forced KP to the 5-we d have much better rebounding a second 20 point scorer who can legitimately spread the floor. Rolo has had like 20 bad games atleast--no way Kanter wouldve done that. Nope wd be better with Kanter than Rolo--I dont think wed be any different with monroe. Lets not make Rolo out to Patrick Ewing--they guy has played a ton of bad games. Kanter was THE reason why OKC won that game last night if you watched the 1st half--he kept them in that game. Kanter really is a better version of what D Williams does for us--that his role for OKC. His role year wouldve been starting PF and my guess is he would avg 21-12 per 35 minutes. With KP at C we have a rim protector-as long as every one does their job we wouldve been good. At the end of the day OKC is 34-13 and Kanter is one of their main guys.

so now we're playing the "what-if" game? this is tpyical briggs, can't admit when he's wrong. so now all the sudden kanter is playing 35mpg here when he's only playing 20mpg for the thunder? steven adams is starting in front kanter, i mean that's all you pretty much need to know.

I didnt bring this up?

that's the answer briggs? let me fix that for you. one team has two top10 players (and no kanter isn't part of that duo) and the other is rebuilding?

OKC doesnt need ROlo they have Adams. Those are the comparables. Kanter is a mobile 4.

RIP Crushalot😞
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
1/28/2016  10:34 AM
martin wrote:Didn't want to spend money/find role for Harden? CHECK

Didn't want to spend money/find role for Reggie Jackson? CHECK

Didn't want to wait on Jeremy Lamb? CHECK

Didn't want to wait on Lance Thomas? CHECK

Couldn't wait to lock down Enes Kanter to a 4 year max deal? CHECK

Its crazy to think, for all of their abilities to find talent every year in the draft, the OKC upper management is really bad at roster management.

nyk4ever
USA
1/28/2016  10:52 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
nyk4ever wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
nyk4ever wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

I didnt bring this up?

OKC doesnt need ROlo they have Adams. Those are the comparables. Kanter is a mobile 4.

how does this statement relate to the statement you made. you said one team is 35-13 and the other 22-25. are you attributing okc's record to enes kanter and NOT the fact that they have two top10 players?

BRIGGS
1/28/2016  10:59 AM
nyk4ever wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
nyk4ever wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
nyk4ever wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

I didnt bring this up?

how does this statement relate to the statement you made. you said one team is 35-13 and the other 22-25. are you attributing okc's record to enes kanter and NOT the fact that they have two top10 players?

OKC is 35-13 and I think Kanter plays a 6th man type role on the team. A pretty smart guy Sam Presti signed him--so I dont think we can argue to much about that?

RIP Crushalot😞
nyk4ever
USA
1/28/2016  11:03 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
nyk4ever wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
nyk4ever wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
nyk4ever wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

I didnt bring this up?

OKC is 35-13 and I think Kanter plays a 6th man type role on the team. A pretty smart guy Sam Presti signed him--so I dont think we can argue to much about that?

is this the same pretty smart guy that did the following?

let's be honest, he signed him 4yr/70mil for a backup? that's smart?

BRIGGS
1/28/2016  11:10 AM
nyk4ever wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
nyk4ever wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
nyk4ever wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
nyk4ever wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

I didnt bring this up?

Is the guy smart? Lets see despite serious injury to their top guys and then being financially restrained with Harden--they ve been to go to the nBA finals and have a winning % of over .700 6 years running. So the argument is dumb.

RIP Crushalot😞
H1AND1
Member: #5648

1/28/2016  11:49 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
nyk4ever wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
nyk4ever wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
nyk4ever wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

I didnt bring this up?

Yes Sam Presti is smart and OKC is an elite team so therefore end of argument? Sorry but those two assertions don't have anything to do with Kanter and his limitations and strengths. They are actually kindve irrelevant.

nyk4ever
USA
1/28/2016  12:11 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
nyk4ever wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
nyk4ever wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
nyk4ever wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
nyk4ever wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

I didnt bring this up?

Is the guy smart? Lets see despite serious injury to their top guys and then being financially restrained with Harden--they ve been to go to the nBA finals and have a winning % of over .700 6 years running. So the argument is dumb.

the only argument that's dumb is that you wanted to pay kanter as much money as you did. that's what's dumb.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/28/2016  12:33 PM
If his numbers are good, why can't he get more minutes to fill out his numbers?
He not hurting them as per their record and one of the few teams that actually can compete for the Conf finals out west.
No need to defend the signing based on half the year. Im not saying it was a bad signing, just wondering why his minutes were down and if a change of coach was a reason.
Guys sometimes need time to adjust. If they are playing him at the 4 where he has been a 5 his career, I can see it.
BRIGGS
1/28/2016  12:39 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/28/2016  12:42 PM
H1AND1 wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
nyk4ever wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
nyk4ever wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
nyk4ever wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

I didnt bring this up?

Yes Sam Presti is smart and OKC is an elite team so therefore end of argument? Sorry but those two assertions don't have anything to do with Kanter and his limitations and strengths. They are actually kindve irrelevant.

Thats it.

By the way Kanter is 18 in PER Lopez is 143

RIP Crushalot😞
Bonn1997
USA
1/28/2016  2:22 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

Much more to it than that Bonn.

I could easily say their last year

Enes avg 20-11 and Robin 12-8--thats a bIG difference. Robin's production has declined Y-Y from the beginning of his NBA career while Enes is on the way up. Enes is 23 Lopez is 27

I don't see any metric that puts Enes at 20 and 11 and Robin at 12 and 8. All the stats I've seen say Robin's gotten better and better (though this year was an adjustment), not worse in his career.
Bonn1997
USA
1/28/2016  2:23 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/28/2016  2:24 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
H1AND1 wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
nyk4ever wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
nyk4ever wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
nyk4ever wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

I didnt bring this up?

Thats it.

You don't understand that Lopez took time to adjust and his season-long #s don't represent the player he is? I mean, you'd have to be blind not to notice how different he is this month. There aren't many respectable statisticians who take PER seriously anyway.
BRIGGS
1/28/2016  2:29 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
H1AND1 wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
nyk4ever wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
nyk4ever wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
nyk4ever wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

I didnt bring this up?

Thats it.

You don't understand that Lopez took time to adjust and his season-long #s don't represent the player he is? I mean, you'd have to be blind not to notice how different he is this month. There aren't many respectable statisticians who take PER seriously anyway.

Its really not an argument

If we can accept Enes Kanter is a mobile 4 and Robin Lopez is a post 5 than we have two very different types of players. Lopez at 5 and Kanter at 4 wouldve worked fine with KP off the bench. Wed be way better right now.

RIP Crushalot😞
mreinman
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3189

1/28/2016  2:56 PM
I have a headache from all the circular logic
so here is what phil is thinking ....
H1AND1
Member: #5648

1/28/2016  3:36 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
H1AND1 wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
nyk4ever wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
nyk4ever wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
nyk4ever wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

I didnt bring this up?

Thats it.

If we can accept Enes Kanter is a mobile 4 and Robin Lopez is a post 5 than we have two very different types of players. Lopez at 5 and Kanter at 4 wouldve worked fine with KP off the bench. Wed be way better right now.

Wow. You'd rather have Porzingis coming off the bench for Kanter?

And as for Lopez vs Kanter, you're really gonna bring up their PER? Seriously? Come on, man. That's ridiculous. Lopez is a role player who does his job well in a non flashy way and a lot of what he does doesn't "show up in the box score". Kanter on the other hand does a lot of stuff that DOES show up on the box score, except the it shows up on the other team's box score in terms of points scored. Because again, the guy is a historically bad defender. Presti being smart, OKC's record, and whatever else makes no difference. But it doesnt appear like you're mind will be changed so well have to agree to disagree. And we can all be thankful OKC max'd him out and we dont have that albatross around the Knicks neck at the very least. Lopez at $13 mil is an infinitely better bargain. Bar none.

BRIGGS
1/28/2016  3:54 PM
H1AND1 wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
H1AND1 wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
nyk4ever wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
nyk4ever wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
nyk4ever wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

I didnt bring this up?

Thats it.

Wow. You'd rather have Porzingis coming off the bench for Kanter?

And as for Lopez vs Kanter, you're really gonna bring up their PER? Seriously? Come on, man. That's ridiculous. Lopez is a role player who does his job well in a non flashy way and a lot of what he does doesn't "show up in the box score". Kanter on the other hand does a lot of stuff that DOES show up on the box score, except the it shows up on the other team's box score in terms of points scored. Because again, the guy is a historically bad defender. Presti being smart, OKC's record, and whatever else makes no difference. But it doesnt appear like you're mind will be changed so well have to agree to disagree. And we can all be thankful OKC max'd him out and we dont have that albatross around the Knicks neck at the very least. Lopez at $13 mil is an infinitely better bargain. Bar none.

Thats all your opinion. My guess is that Kanter would fetch much more in a deal but what do i know

RIP Crushalot😞
Enes Kanter is becoming my number 1 free agent

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy