[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Enes Kanter is becoming my number 1 free agent
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
1/27/2016  4:57 PM
Nalod wrote:What is your take on Kanter? he is not at the same pace was last year, minutes are down. Is this a Billy Donovan thing?
Not a "gotcha" thread, just in discussion. Change of coach is a huge deal for some players.

Well if you like PFs that lead the league in rebounds per minute played and shoot 56% than he's a good player. I didnt see any poor defense from him yesterday. Why did they give him 14mm when they have Ibaka Durant and two centers---well thats an expensive 6th man.

RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
H1AND1
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5648

1/27/2016  5:37 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
Nalod wrote:What is your take on Kanter? he is not at the same pace was last year, minutes are down. Is this a Billy Donovan thing?
Not a "gotcha" thread, just in discussion. Change of coach is a huge deal for some players.

Well if you like PFs that lead the league in rebounds per minute played and shoot 56% than he's a good player. I didnt see any poor defense from him yesterday. Why did they give him 14mm when they have Ibaka Durant and two centers---well thats an expensive 6th man.

Was reading some stats and analysis on a popular Thunder board and the guy was basically saying when Kanter is on the floor OKC's defense is all world horrible. I don't watch the Thunder all that much but these are guys who watch every game saying this. I would take their word for it over the observations from one game against the Knicks.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/27/2016  5:56 PM
crzymdups wrote:
martin wrote:Didn't want to spend money/find role for Harden? CHECK

Didn't want to spend money/find role for Reggie Jackson? CHECK

Didn't want to wait on Jeremy Lamb? CHECK

Didn't want to wait on Lance Thomas? CHECK

Couldn't wait to lock down Enes Kanter to a 4 year max deal? CHECK

Yeeesh. Yeah, you make the right moves around the core of Durant / Westbrook / Ibaka... it should be easy.

One thing - Westbrook and Durant both seem a little prickly. Harden had a hard time getting along with them, supposedly Reggie Jackson did, too.

I imagine they are sort of perfectionists and super hard workers and they are hard on guys who don't meet their standards.

Harden and Jackson leaving may not be all on the GM. It's pretty widely acknowledged that Reggie was forced out by Westbrook and co. Lance was part of that trade.

Well, all I know is that the GM is considered one of the top in the game and has total control over who he trades and what he gets back in those trades. I can understand being part of an organization that has some financial restrictions but this year they are over the cap.... the one year they decide to go over the cap by signing a big contract and it could be to sign maybe the worst player they had a chance to extend. Kanter vs Jackson vs Harden.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
BRIGGS
1/27/2016  6:31 PM
H1AND1 wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

Was reading some stats and analysis on a popular Thunder board and the guy was basically saying when Kanter is on the floor OKC's defense is all world horrible. I don't watch the Thunder all that much but these are guys who watch every game saying this. I would take their word for it over the observations from one game against the Knicks.

The guy is avg a double double on a 34-13 team shooting 56%?

RIP Crushalot😞
martin
USA
1/27/2016  6:43 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
H1AND1 wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

He's not though, right? 11 and 7? For $16.5M. Remember when you went off on Rolo, who is making $13M and doing it against starters?

BRIGGS
1/27/2016  6:55 PM
martin wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
H1AND1 wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

He's not though, right? 11 and 7? For $16.5M. Remember when you went off on Rolo, who is making $13M and doing it against starters?

Id view Kanter as a 4 Lopez a 5. Different players.

RIP Crushalot😞
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

1/27/2016  7:43 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
H1AND1 wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

I know I could be wrong about this, Briggs, but I'm thinking there's a reason Adams, a limited offensive player making a little more than $2M/yr is getting more playing time than Kanter, who is making $16M/yr.

Got twice as many minutes yesterday, by the way.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

1/27/2016  8:08 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
H1AND1 wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

I know I could be wrong about this, Briggs, but I'm thinking there's a reason Adams, a limited offensive player making a little more than $2M/yr is getting more playing time than Kanter, who is making $16M/yr.

The reason is Kanter couldn't guard Yi Jianlian's chair

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
BRIGGS
1/27/2016  8:51 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
H1AND1 wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

Yeah me too---1 plays the 5 the other plays the 4.

RIP Crushalot😞
martin
USA
1/27/2016  8:57 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
H1AND1 wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

You are grasping at straws man. When Adams play, Enes didn't and vice versa: http://popcornmachine.net/gf?date=20160126&game=OKCNYK

mreinman
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3189

1/27/2016  10:56 PM
enes kanter (while efficient) gives up much more then he gets. End of story.

was he a better signing than Rolo? of course not.

so here is what phil is thinking ....
BRIGGS
1/27/2016  11:06 PM
martin wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
H1AND1 wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

You are grasping at straws man. When Adams play, Enes didn't and vice versa: http://popcornmachine.net/gf?date=20160126&game=OKCNYK

martin--Nick Collison is OKC's back up C Kanter is Ibaka's back up. And lets give Kanter some credit--the team hes on is now 34-14 he had 24-10 in 20 minutes tonight and they won by 3. The team Rolo is on is 22-25 and hes just as likely to do 3-7 and 4 rebounds as much as anything else.

RIP Crushalot😞
martin
USA
1/28/2016  12:03 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
martin wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
H1AND1 wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

martin--Nick Collison is OKC's back up C Kanter is Ibaka's back up. And lets give Kanter some credit--the team hes on is now 34-14 he had 24-10 in 20 minutes tonight and they won by 3. The team Rolo is on is 22-25 and hes just as likely to do 3-7 and 4 rebounds as much as anything else.

So what you are saying is that Kanter about as good as Cole?

Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
1/28/2016  6:51 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
H1AND1 wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

Are you going by per 36 min? Like Martin was saying - Cole's production is about as impressive per 36 and he's on a top team too.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/28/2016  7:14 AM
Kanter plays 20 min. Last year he played more. Im asking briggs to defend the statement but perhaps as a player he followed he could tell us whats going on. Injury? condition? New coach? Slow to adapt to a new system? Post contract laziness?

Thats a lot of money for a bench player. Enes had a resurgence last year after the trade so it was a positive and it got him paid.

BRIGGS
1/28/2016  7:30 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/28/2016  7:31 AM
Nalod wrote:Kanter plays 20 min. Last year he played more. Im asking briggs to defend the statement but perhaps as a player he followed he could tell us whats going on. Injury? condition? New coach? Slow to adapt to a new system? Post contract laziness?

Thats a lot of money for a bench player. Enes had a resurgence last year after the trade so it was a positive and it got him paid.

Nalod do two things. A take a look at Kanters PER and production per minute. I'm surprised at some of these answers. Serge I aka was hurt last year and kanter is his primary back up he got his money for a reason same guy who drafted harden westbrook Durant Jackson etched made the decision to trade for and pay him Do you think roll gives okc a better player. Not close

RIP Crushalot😞
H1AND1
Member: #5648

1/28/2016  7:41 AM
Briggs seems you've got a bit of tunnel vision here. Kanter's terrible defense wipes away his offensive contributions. The fact that he is on a winning team means absolutely nothing. So every player on an elite team is great? Come on that makes no sense.

I'd MUCH rather have Rolo than Kanter. Period full stop.

BRIGGS
1/28/2016  8:04 AM
H1AND1 wrote:Briggs seems you've got a bit of tunnel vision here. Kanter's terrible defense wipes away his offensive contributions. The fact that he is on a winning team means absolutely nothing. So every player on an elite team is great? Come on that makes no sense.

Wed have a better record with Kanter than Rolo. It wouldve forced KP to the 5-we d have much better rebounding a second 20 point scorer who can legitimately spread the floor. Rolo has had like 20 bad games atleast--no way Kanter wouldve done that. Nope wd be better with Kanter than Rolo--I dont think wed be any different with monroe. Lets not make Rolo out to Patrick Ewing--they guy has played a ton of bad games. Kanter was THE reason why OKC won that game last night if you watched the 1st half--he kept them in that game. Kanter really is a better version of what D Williams does for us--that his role for OKC. His role year wouldve been starting PF and my guess is he would avg 21-12 per 35 minutes. With KP at C we have a rim protector-as long as every one does their job we wouldve been good. At the end of the day OKC is 34-13 and Kanter is one of their main guys.

RIP Crushalot😞
nyk4ever
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #848
USA
1/28/2016  8:36 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
H1AND1 wrote:Briggs seems you've got a bit of tunnel vision here. Kanter's terrible defense wipes away his offensive contributions. The fact that he is on a winning team means absolutely nothing. So every player on an elite team is great? Come on that makes no sense.

Wed have a better record with Kanter than Rolo. It wouldve forced KP to the 5-we d have much better rebounding a second 20 point scorer who can legitimately spread the floor. Rolo has had like 20 bad games atleast--no way Kanter wouldve done that. Nope wd be better with Kanter than Rolo--I dont think wed be any different with monroe. Lets not make Rolo out to Patrick Ewing--they guy has played a ton of bad games. Kanter was THE reason why OKC won that game last night if you watched the 1st half--he kept them in that game. Kanter really is a better version of what D Williams does for us--that his role for OKC. His role year wouldve been starting PF and my guess is he would avg 21-12 per 35 minutes. With KP at C we have a rim protector-as long as every one does their job we wouldve been good. At the end of the day OKC is 34-13 and Kanter is one of their main guys.

so now we're playing the "what-if" game? this is tpyical briggs, can't admit when he's wrong. so now all the sudden kanter is playing 35mpg here when he's only playing 20mpg for the thunder? steven adams is starting in front kanter, i mean that's all you pretty much need to know.

"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
BRIGGS
1/28/2016  9:37 AM
nyk4ever wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

so now we're playing the "what-if" game? this is tpyical briggs, can't admit when he's wrong. so now all the sudden kanter is playing 35mpg here when he's only playing 20mpg for the thunder? steven adams is starting in front kanter, i mean that's all you pretty much need to know.

I didnt bring this up?

I think the answer to this thread however is
one team is 35-13 the other is 22-25.

RIP Crushalot😞
Enes Kanter is becoming my number 1 free agent

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy