[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Enes Kanter is becoming my number 1 free agent
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
4/16/2015  9:13 AM
Had a 25 per for okc good for #7in the entire nba and a ts% of .611 which would've been 8th
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
callmened
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4234

4/16/2015  6:05 PM
That's why okc will keep him
Knicks should be improved: win about 40 games and maybe sneak into the playoffs. Melo, Rose and even Noah will have some nice moments however this team should be about PORZINGUS. the sooner they make him the primary player, the better
BRIGGS
4/16/2015  8:20 PM
callmened wrote:That's why okc will keep him

Hey callmened who'd you want to pick up in free agency for the frontcourt? I tend to think PKC is still very very conservative with the green. I don't think Presti expected Kanter to play with a 25 PER over 26 games. I don't think they are prepared to match an offer like 16mm a year. This is a RARE chance for e team to get such a young talented front-court player beyond drafting one.

RIP Crushalot😞
callmened

4/16/2015  8:35 PM
hey i wouldnt mind kanter on the knicks. i think hes talented and YOUNG. i just think to get the most out of him you need to surround him with mature vets and defenders. im just acknowleding his weaknesses. but im a big fan of kanter
Knicks should be improved: win about 40 games and maybe sneak into the playoffs. Melo, Rose and even Noah will have some nice moments however this team should be about PORZINGUS. the sooner they make him the primary player, the better
RonRon
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #246
4/18/2015  1:28 AM
http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/237470/NBA-Projects-Salary-Cap-To-Reach-$108M-For-17-18-Season

The NBA has sent a new set of salary cap projections to all 30 teams.

For the 2015-16 season, the cap is projected at $67.1 million with the tax at $81.6 million.

For the 2016-17 season, the cap is projected at $89 million with the tax at $108 million.

For the 2017-18 season, the cap is projected to reach $108 million with the tax at $127 million.

With that said, with only 1year of tax penalties, I think Kanter will likely stay in OKC and as a RFA, we probably should look for UFA's instead as "realistic and legit" targets
Kanter >>> with Westbrook, think he will take a shorter contract to maximize production with those numbers playing with a PG to can draw the attention in order for Kanter to continue to put those numbers up and have the BIGS to make up for his lack of defensive weakness's

Stat's are manipulated in the league, so is Kanter's, just like Dantoni manipulated number's with his philosophy though every team now continues to utilize the sretch 4 now, as it is easier to penetrate/attack with that as a weapon, while opening other weapons up in the process....

Brigg's you a putting a bit too much emphasis on numbers to measure talent, while talent doesn't need to produce numbers while winning takes sacrifice
Taking what the defense gives and making the DEFENSE adjust to you is what talent really does

I think for this team Ajinicia would allow us to follow that theory with his ceiling nearly as high as KAT
IF he produces this play offs, he will be your next overall #1 target because you place too much emphasis on numbers while I use what I see

Draymond Green does a lot of things that are not on the boxscore's, despite what he already does, yet you do not give him enough credit as a DPOY and triple double threat with a pair of blocks and steals
He is the difference between GS in previous years and this year, and GS's defense and offensive efficiency is the highest for a reason
A lot of the things he brings to a team is exactly what we want and he can teach to our team and youth/development

With GS's payroll higher than OKC's, maybe we have a better shot at him than Kanter

Again, I would offer Kawaii Leanard a MAX contract if he were willing to sign it, so they only have 3 days to acquire talent if they match the offer,
This would have a chain reaction in terms of talent available, maybe Danny Green among other players could be available....

What is the worse that could happen?
If we managed to get Kawaii Leanard and Draymond Green, in addition to our pick this summmer, that would be GREAT with the cap's projected jump
We could still have the MLE with Cole Aldrich's early bird rights on top of it

If we can move CA to Houston on draft night, I would be ecstatic
if we can get what I want

DMO
Terrence JOnes
*both of which have 1st round potential or could be kept and continued development or use one among other assets, possibly our own future 1st rounder, to get 2 TOP 10 picks in Mario Henzo and either

Memphis 2015 1st rounder (this summer)
NYk's 2nd rounder this summer and next summer

Koustas Pap (unguaranteed 5m salary)
Corey Brewer 5m *could move him for a 2nd rounder or 2
IF NEEDED,
Jason Terry or Throw ins if needed with 1st year partial or fully guaranteed and other years unguaranteed *free money for Terry, if we CUTT HIM*
Would even take back Pablo if needed,

For

CA
Tim Hardway JR
Early
Larkin/Acey if they want

If we land the #1 or #2 overall pick and if teams go on a bidding war and we somehow managed to get 2 TOP 10 picks in the process with a possible trade rape with the assets from the CA trade, possibly a future 1st rounder if needed

Also the possiblity of
which they likely will Justice Winslow/Russell/ or whoever drops to 4th/5th, if we got the #1 or #2 overall pick, and a team overpaid in a trade....

It is hard to build around CA and for CA to turn down an opportunity to play with Harden, D12, Ariza, Beverely, and their defenders, MAKE MORE MONEY with a trade kicker and NO STATES tax
WHile it would be at least a 2year plan before we can contend with him, with our holes, I think it is best for him and the NYK's, while Morey gets to rub it in every other teams face with 3 STAR's and almost ALL 1st rounders (outside of this years to trade LIn's contract) in the process... it would be a WIN WIN WIN for all

While we can still target Durant/Whiteside or whoever next year in the process,
If we do not sign anyone this year of signifigance outside of Ajinicia, it would still be a GREAT year moving forward, as we continue to develop our guys and build of the assets/youth and change the culture

Nike or whoever's Shoe deal's/Endorsements will make SUPER STAR's willing to come in bunches togethers to reconsider eventually coming to NYK, as long as we have the cap space and some outh/depth to go with a plan/foundation

RonRon
Member: #246
4/18/2015  1:28 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/18/2015  1:29 AM
http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/237470/NBA-Projects-Salary-Cap-To-Reach-$108M-For-17-18-Season

For the 2015-16 season, the cap is projected at $67.1 million with the tax at $81.6 million.

For the 2016-17 season, the cap is projected at $89 million with the tax at $108 million.

For the 2017-18 season, the cap is projected to reach $108 million with the tax at $127 million.

With that said, with only 1year of tax penalties, I think Kanter will likely stay in OKC and as a RFA, we probably should look for UFA's instead as "realistic and legit" targets
Kanter >>> with Westbrook, think he will take a shorter contract to maximize production with those numbers playing with a PG to can draw the attention in order for Kanter to continue to put those numbers up and have the BIGS to make up for his lack of defensive weakness's

Stat's are manipulated in the league, so is Kanter's, just like Dantoni manipulated number's with his philosophy though every team now continues to utilize the sretch 4 now, as it is easier to penetrate/attack with that as a weapon, while opening other weapons up in the process....

Brigg's you a putting a bit too much emphasis on numbers to measure talent, while talent doesn't need to produce numbers while winning takes sacrifice
Taking what the defense gives and making the DEFENSE adjust to you is what talent really does

I think for this team Ajinicia would allow us to follow that theory with his ceiling nearly as high as KAT
IF he produces this play offs, he will be your next overall #1 target because you place too much emphasis on numbers while I use what I see

Draymond Green does a lot of things that are not on the boxscore's, despite what he already does, yet you do not give him enough credit as a DPOY and triple double threat with a pair of blocks and steals
He is the difference between GS in previous years and this year, and GS's defense and offensive efficiency is the highest for a reason
A lot of the things he brings to a team is exactly what we want and he can teach to our team and youth/development

With GS's payroll higher than OKC's, maybe we have a better shot at him than Kanter

Again, I would offer Kawaii Leanard a MAX contract if he were willing to sign it, so they only have 3 days to acquire talent if they match the offer,
This would have a chain reaction in terms of talent available, maybe Danny Green among other players could be available....

If we managed to get Kawaii Leanard and Draymond Green, in addition to our pick this summmer, that would be GREAT with the cap's projected jump

DMO
Terrence JOnes
*both of which have 1st round potential or could be kept and continued development or use one among other assets, possibly our own future 1st rounder, to get 2 TOP 10 picks in Mario Henzo and either

IF NEEDED,
Jason Terry or Throw ins if needed with 1st year partial or fully guaranteed and other years unguaranteed *free money for Terry, if we CUTT HIM*

For

CA
Tim Hardway JR
Early
Larkin/Acey if they want

If we land the #1 or #2 overall pick and if teams go on a bidding war and we somehow managed to get 2 TOP 10 picks in the process with a possible trade rape with the assets from the CA trade, possibly a future 1st rounder if needed

Also the possiblity of
which they likely will Justice Winslow/Russell/ or whoever drops to 4th/5th, if we got the #1 or #2 overall pick, and a team overpaid in a trade....

It is hard to build around CA and for CA to turn down an opportunity to play with Harden, D12, Ariza, Beverely, and their defenders, MAKE MORE MONEY with a trade kicker and NO STATES tax
WHile it would be at least a 2year plan before we can contend with him, with our holes, I think it is best for him and the NYK's, while Morey gets to rub it in every other teams face with 3 STAR's and almost ALL 1st rounders (outside of this years to trade LIn's contract) in the process... it would be a WIN WIN WIN for all

If we do not sign anyone this year of signifigance outside of Ajinicia, it would still be a GREAT year moving forward, as we continue to develop our guys and build of the assets/youth and change the culture

Nike or whoever's Shoe deal's/Endorsements will make SUPER STAR's willing to come in bunches togethers to reconsider eventually coming to NYK, as long as we have the cap space and some outh/depth to go with a plan/foundation

We can sign and trade for Darko/Wroten and we will still have a GREAT 2017 if some of these fall in place with the rise of the cap

callmened

4/18/2015  3:46 AM
RonRon were not trading carmelo anthony in the near future
BRIGGS
4/18/2015  11:04 AM
RonRon wrote:http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/237470/NBA-Projects-Salary-Cap-To-Reach-$108M-For-17-18-Season

DMO
Terrence JOnes

IF NEEDED,

For

CA
Tim Hardway JR
Early
Larkin/Acey if they want

Also the possiblity of

Ron- If somehow he was available--does drey Green give the Knicks at 6-7 what they are missing? I understand that Knater is on the opposite end of the spectrum--different player. But Kanter will give the Knicks what Zach Randolph gives the Grizzlies--you get that standard of 20-12 in the post. Zach Randolph is no great defender--but he bought into a team concept and they have other pieces that make them really good as a defensive unit as a whole. Green gets great spacing becuase he has two all star guards spacing the floor. It is entirely possible that he could go back to an 11 point 6 rebounds 37% shooter with the Knicks. And while he brings intangibles not read in stats---the Knicks biggest problem last year was their inability to get to 100. If you CANT get to 100 you are not winning consistently. I can see Kanter and Carmelo with the ability to score 20+ each--Kanter would take pressure off of Carmelo because hed drag the defense into the post and with his range can alos go out while Carmelo goes in. Monroe cant play like that--hes strictly post. I know you like Green hes a good player I just dont agree that he would be woirth 16mm for this particular team. And we know that GS will keep him--we know that--hes going no where.

RIP Crushalot😞
callmened

4/18/2015  11:20 AM
the problem is draymond green and enes kanter arent coming to the knicks
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
4/19/2015  3:34 PM
With the rising salary cap I think it is highly highly highly likely Kanter stays on the Thunder.
¿ △ ?
smackeddog
Member: #883
4/19/2015  4:33 PM
callmened wrote:the problem is draymond green and enes kanter arent coming to the knicks

And Phil will probably be blamed for it

Finestrg
Member: #1069

4/19/2015  4:45 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/19/2015  9:15 PM
crzymdups wrote:With the rising salary cap I think it is highly highly highly likely Kanter stays on the Thunder.

Agreed. Can't picture it either -- not only because the cap's expected to rise but ALSO because they surrendered assets to get him (Reggie Jackson AND a 1st round pick). You never know, I'd explore the situation absolutely (I really like Kanter) but I just can't picture it. If they indeed like Kanter and expect to have any chance, they need to come strong right away. Make a quick, decisive and substantial offer within the first couple of days of FA--put immediate pressure on OKC, but don't be surprised when the offer's matched -- we need to be prepared to move on to second choices immediately. One good thing to come out of the town hall with Phil & Mills -- it sounds like they're anticipating possibly rejection or offers being matched and are prepared to move on quickly if and when they encounter stuff like that.

If an offer for Kanter is matched, I might switch gears from max big to max PG and try the same strategy with Brandon Knight -- I might offer him the max and put pressure on PHX. He's similar to Kanter in that we'd be getting a YOUNG/very talented FA PG (as opposed to a top FA big man) that would be an all-star level main cog for us for years to come. Plus, a significant upgrade at the point could only serve us well. Just because some feel our system may not call for it, that doesn't mean we couldn't benefit from getting a PG of that caliber (I don't buy that thinking anyway--easy to say that when that specific system's had do-it-all/best-player-in-the-league level stars like MJ and Kobe spearheading it in the past on different clubs--Mike even had Scottie Pippen as his co-pilot for Pete's sake--but what happens when you don't have players like that?? Then a big-time PG upgrade could obviously be more beneficial). Someone tell me how a Brandon Knight couldn't possibly work here. PG is arguably the most important position on the floor; it's important no matter what system is employed, even the triangle -- Brandon Knight has all the necessary skills -- I prefer to think of him a "Triangle+" PG -- all the requisite skills for the triangle and then some. Brandon Knight has the ability to hang with a Kyrie Irving or any other top PG in the league....Same deal as Kanter though--probably doesn't work out for the same exact reasons but I might explore this alternative idea as well. Who the hell wouldn't want a big-time PG upgrade??? Towns, Kanter + Brandon Knight would be the ultimate off-season for me. I don't think that's possible though.. We'd be lucky to get even one of those guys though I'd be ecstatic with 2 -- Towns + either Kanter or Knight.

Tell ya what -- after Knight, I'd quickly turn to Cory Joseph as the PG upgrade. RFA but I think we have a shot at that kid -- There's gotta be a number with Joseph that the Spurs won't go past -- whether that's $5mm per, $8mm, $10mm, I dunno. I know he'd be worth it, even at close to $10mm per...Maybe we have our capologists (Gaines, Gabriel, Warkentien?) do an in-depth analysis of the Spurs' roster & cap, both present and future, to try and forecast what that number might be. I think that kid would be worth it -- I like his game (I think he capable of much more than being Tony Parker's caddie -- this dude's ready for his own team -- he's a solid all-around young PG with little to no glaring holes in his game), I like that he's young enough to be a long-term solution here, not some stopgap, and you gotta like that he's been to the promise land with one of the NBA's top teams and has undoubtedly learned and grown a ton from all the positive experiences... I'd make a case that the Spurs, armed with low first round picks in every upcoming draft, could easily go find another Cory Joseph. We can't...I personally like Knight or Joseph better than any PG we could expect to get in 2016 FA and 2017 is a long time to wait for a proper PG upgrade imo. Also feel we'll need more than just Shved (no guarantee he'll be back btw--hopefully he will but let's see what his asking price will be) and Galloway at that spot for next year. Let's see what happens. Can't wait to see what Phil finally comes up with.

BRIGGS
4/19/2015  8:52 PM
I'll just say were missing the boat if we don't aggressively go after Kanter. Its unusual to find a superior post pivot like this. The Grizzlies were smart when they acquired Zach Randolph and Kanter is a better younger taller version. At the end of the day the teams with the most talent put together the best way with good coa hung wins games. I still don't think okc would match a max offed tied with trade kickers and no trade clauses. We. Would go from one of the worst front courts to one of the better ones( also very young) but its up to the Knicks to make prescient decisions.
RIP Crushalot😞
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/27/2016  1:11 PM
What is your take on Kanter? he is not at the same pace was last year, minutes are down. Is this a Billy Donovan thing?
Not a "gotcha" thread, just in discussion. Change of coach is a huge deal for some players.
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

1/27/2016  1:42 PM
Nalod wrote:What is your take on Kanter? he is not at the same pace was last year, minutes are down. Is this a Billy Donovan thing?
Not a "gotcha" thread, just in discussion. Change of coach is a huge deal for some players.

Not much fire there.

Biggest surprise yesterday was not his 0/6 from the field, but the fact that he actually had a single assist.

He is at or below the .5/game level for Assists, Steals, and Blocks.

Wonderful shooter for a big man...but not much else from this guy.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
smackeddog
Member: #883
1/27/2016  2:05 PM
Nalod wrote:What is your take on Kanter? he is not at the same pace was last year, minutes are down. Is this a Billy Donovan thing?

He's great but selfish on offense, and horrifically atrocious on defense- seems to usually have a negative +/- when I check the box scores

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/27/2016  2:22 PM
Didn't want to spend money/find role for Harden? CHECK

Didn't want to spend money/find role for Reggie Jackson? CHECK

Didn't want to wait on Jeremy Lamb? CHECK

Didn't want to wait on Lance Thomas? CHECK

Couldn't wait to lock down Enes Kanter to a 4 year max deal? CHECK

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
1/27/2016  2:25 PM
martin wrote:Didn't want to spend money/find role for Harden? CHECK

yea thats a pretty ugly picture
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
1/27/2016  2:31 PM
martin wrote:Didn't want to spend money/find role for Harden? CHECK

Yeeesh. Yeah, you make the right moves around the core of Durant / Westbrook / Ibaka... it should be easy.

One thing - Westbrook and Durant both seem a little prickly. Harden had a hard time getting along with them, supposedly Reggie Jackson did, too.

I imagine they are sort of perfectionists and super hard workers and they are hard on guys who don't meet their standards.

Harden and Jackson leaving may not be all on the GM. It's pretty widely acknowledged that Reggie was forced out by Westbrook and co. Lance was part of that trade.

¿ △ ?
TPercy
Member: #5748

1/27/2016  2:41 PM
6th man of the year.
The Future is Bright!
Enes Kanter is becoming my number 1 free agent

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy