[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Anthony "cat" barber of NC state
Author Thread
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

3/12/2015  9:56 AM
I'm watching him drop 32 points on Pittsburgh on espn right now. He's been very impressive. Anybody know anything about him?
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
AUTOADVERT
EnySpree

3/12/2015  10:00 AM
He finished with 34 points. He was unguardable out there.....
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
EnySpree

3/12/2015  10:21 AM
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
5/25/2016  6:31 PM    LAST EDITED: 5/25/2016  6:33 PM
Ive watched a few guys each day and the last few days I've watched all his tapes a couple of times. I know finstrng brought him up as well.

He reminds of a version of Tony Parker. Not a dunker but really really quick at 6-3 with just a shoe string tight dribble and incredible body control. Going over a lot of guys--he stood out to me the most. I really like him--I only saw him once this year--but there is plenty of game tape on him. What an impressive player

His end to end speed has to be #1 in the draft. I moved him up--I think hes a late lottery pick talent that will be discounted because hes a junior.

RIP Crushalot😞
EnySpree

5/25/2016  7:55 PM
Wow man you dug for this one. I actually thought about looking for this thread after watching the scrimmage at the NBA combine. Barber stood out in the scrimmage. He's was just a higher class of player compared to the rest. He's a nba player. If he slips, somebody is going to get a real steal
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
5/25/2016  8:07 PM
MY kid went to NC state and I watched three years of him.
Not strong enough for the NBA in my opinion and no Tony Parker.
Not to say he can't be. Kid is a bit of an enigma.
Lots of mediocre games. I like the kid and will root for his success.
BRIGGS
5/25/2016  8:48 PM
Nalod wrote:MY kid went to NC state and I watched three years of him.
Not strong enough for the NBA in my opinion and no Tony Parker.
Not to say he can't be. Kid is a bit of an enigma.
Lots of mediocre games. I like the kid and will root for his success.

6-3 175 4.5 % body fat. That's pretty much Tony parker at 21. He looks pretty strong to me. Youre talking 5 rebounds a game and the most FT attempted and made in one of the top 3 leagues in CBB.

RIP Crushalot😞
Finestrg
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1069

5/25/2016  9:22 PM
Last I checked, some mocks had him going in the 2nd round. I can't see that but for our sake, hopefully that happens--we'd have a better chance to get him if that's the case (although deep down I want to see the kid get a guaranteed contract after hearing him talk about taking care of his daughter being his 1st priority now). Hard not to picture him being an impact player in the NBA right away. I think his game translates to the NBA right from game 1. Man, would I love to get this guy. I get the feeling Melo/KP/Barber could develop quickly into a real potent 'big 3' for next year--the latter 2 being 2 incredible young building blocks for us moving forward. Even starting to think of ways we could trade into the 1st round to get him (offering up Grant, a future 2nd round pick, rights to Labeyrie, all our cash, etc.). He'd be a HUGE get for us if we can find a way to swing it, esp. with JH on board now looking to play a quicker, more-guard oriented style. See what happens.
BRIGGS
5/25/2016  9:45 PM    LAST EDITED: 5/25/2016  9:55 PM
Finestrg wrote:Last I checked, some mocks had him going in the 2nd round. I can't see that but for our sake, hopefully that happens--we'd have a better chance to get him if that's the case (although deep down I want to see the kid get a guaranteed contract after hearing him talk about taking care of his daughter being his 1st priority now). Hard not to picture him being an impact player in the NBA right away. I think his game translates to the NBA right from game 1. Man, would I love to get this guy. I get the feeling Melo/KP/Barber could develop quickly into a real potent 'big 3' for next year--the latter 2 being 2 incredible young building blocks for us moving forward. Even starting to think of ways we could trade into the 1st round to get him (offering up Grant, a future 2nd round pick, rights to Labeyrie, all our cash, etc.). He'd be a HUGE get for us if we can find a way to swing it, esp. with JH on board now looking to play a quicker, more-guard oriented style. See what happens.

fine with his speed handles and body control Id be surprised if he isnt an instant NBA rotation player. You dont average 25-5-5 in the ACC by accident. If you look at the film--you see jet speed which translates well. But he plays like 6 feet and hes 6-3 with some length in his wingspan as well. I cant wait to see him in SL I predict he will be a top 5 player. Hes going to be able to control NBA games with that combination of speed and handle.

RIP Crushalot😞
callmened
Member: #4234

5/25/2016  9:54 PM    LAST EDITED: 5/25/2016  9:59 PM
one has to wonder, this kid averaged 25ppg in the ACC yet hes not even projected to be a high lottery pick. i watched him play and NEVER thought WOW he's gonna be good in the NBA. i pictured an erick green type who plays well on the college level and in the right situation could make a team.

but sure, this knicks team sucks and we have no PG. why not bring him in and see what he can do

Knicks should be improved: win about 40 games and maybe sneak into the playoffs. Melo, Rose and even Noah will have some nice moments however this team should be about PORZINGUS. the sooner they make him the primary player, the better
Finestrg

5/25/2016  9:54 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
Finestrg wrote:Last I checked, some mocks had him going in the 2nd round. I can't see that but for our sake, hopefully that happens--we'd have a better chance to get him if that's the case (although deep down I want to see the kid get a guaranteed contract after hearing him talk about taking care of his daughter being his 1st priority now). Hard not to picture him being an impact player in the NBA right away. I think his game translates to the NBA right from game 1. Man, would I love to get this guy. I get the feeling Melo/KP/Barber could develop quickly into a real potent 'big 3' for next year--the latter 2 being 2 incredible young building blocks for us moving forward. Even starting to think of ways we could trade into the 1st round to get him (offering up Grant, a future 2nd round pick, rights to Labeyrie, all our cash, etc.). He'd be a HUGE get for us if we can find a way to swing it, esp. with JH on board now looking to play a quicker, more-guard oriented style. See what happens.

fine with his speed handles and body control Id be surprised if he isnt an instant NBA rotation player. You dont average 25-5-5 in the ACC by accident. If you look at the film--you see jet speed which translates well. But he plays like 6 feet and hes 6-3 with some length in his wingpsan as well. I cant wait to see him in SL I predict he will be a top 5 player.

Agreed. I think he's gonna be a good one.

BRIGGS
5/25/2016  9:57 PM
callmened wrote:one has to wonder, this kid averaged 25ppg in the ACC yet hes not even projected to be a high lottery pick. i watched him play and NEVER thought WOW he's gonna be good in the NBA. i pictured an erick green type who plays well on the college level and in the right situation could make a team.

OMG hes so much faster than Erick Greene? Its his speed that translates and then the handle body control and shot that separate.
RIP Crushalot😞
mreinman
Member: #3189

5/25/2016  9:58 PM    LAST EDITED: 5/25/2016  10:02 PM
explosive but pretty short. reminds me of eddie house.

BRef has him listed at 6 foot 2 - 185

so here is what phil is thinking ....
Finestrg

5/25/2016  10:11 PM
I think he could be another Monta Ellis only with better PG skills and more maturity.
callmened

5/25/2016  10:15 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
callmened wrote:one has to wonder, this kid averaged 25ppg in the ACC yet hes not even projected to be a high lottery pick. i watched him play and NEVER thought WOW he's gonna be good in the NBA. i pictured an erick green type who plays well on the college level and in the right situation could make a team.

OMG hes so much faster than Erick Greene? Its his speed that translates and then the handle body control and shot that separate.

no no not erick green per se...more like an erick green type...small diminutive SG masquerading in a PG body that dominates at the NCAA level. i just have concerns about him at the next level. but sure, give him a shot...who knows he may turn out to be solid...wouldnt surprise me either way

Knicks should be improved: win about 40 games and maybe sneak into the playoffs. Melo, Rose and even Noah will have some nice moments however this team should be about PORZINGUS. the sooner they make him the primary player, the better
callmened

5/25/2016  10:17 PM
i was more impressed with Melo Tremble and ---oops he just announced that hes returning to maryland
BRIGGS
5/25/2016  11:35 PM
mreinman wrote:explosive but pretty short. reminds me of eddie house.

lol how is a 6-3 PG short?

RIP Crushalot😞
mreinman
Member: #3189

5/25/2016  11:45 PM
BRIGGS wrote:

listed at 6-2 on BRef as I stated. And he looks more like an SG than a PG so a 6-2 SG is considered short.

so here is what phil is thinking ....
BRIGGS
5/25/2016  11:55 PM
mreinman wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

listed at 6-2 on BRef as I stated. And he looks more like an SG than a PG so a 6-2 SG is considered short.

Are any of these guys in the NBA pure PGs? Hes not Kay Felder PG but hes a lead guard. Remember Russell Westbrook avg 12-4-4 at UCLA at 6-3 185

RIP Crushalot😞
BRIGGS
5/26/2016  12:04 AM
The way he plays is tailor made for the NBA. He has the speed and aggression to get into gaps with the dribble and make plays. He has disruptive speed and thats what will propel him with the open lanes in the NBA.

What we saw with ish Smith and add 3-4 inches of height with a much better mid range and jumpshot.

RIP Crushalot😞
Anthony "cat" barber of NC state

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy