[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Game Thread (1)Kentucky vs. (18)Arkansas 4pm CBS
Author Thread
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
2/28/2015  5:57 PM
Nalod wrote:would the Wildcats beat the knicks?

No Bargs would drop 40 on them .

AUTOADVERT
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
2/28/2015  6:00 PM
NYKBocker wrote:Hmmm. Not impressed with Towns right now. I am going Okafor right now.

Can't judge him on one game. Kentucky is beating Arkansas from the perimeter This particular game

gunsnewing
USA
2/28/2015  6:05 PM
dk7th wrote:i agree about kentucky being stacked. i can certainly see why some have said that towns has a had a hard time standing out. from what i can see he is a gangly kid whose going to fill out and put on some good muscle, hopefully in his legs and butt. his legs look a bit thin. i have seen him make some pretty nifty passes in brief action, so it looks like he has good court vision.

cauly-stein is not a bad-looking player.

You can bet Phil is making note of Towns passing ability. He is taking what the defense is giving him. Reason kentucky is 29-0 is because they can beat you in a multitude of ways inside and out. Depends on how the defense is playing them.

Stein is going to be a very good pro. Not towns or ok4 but more in line with Tyson Chandler. More versatile as he can guard 5 positions. Similar offensively as they get their points on dunks and alley oops

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

2/28/2015  6:09 PM
Tyler Ulis is going to be a special player on the college level. I'd say pro level if he were taller. In fact, I still wouldn't count him out of the nba in four years.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

2/28/2015  6:14 PM
EnySpree wrote:You know what's annoying me?

Why did all these kids sign to Kentucky? 9 high school all Americans? So they all would rather do like miami and play on a team of stars so they don't have to work so hard? That's this generation. They would rather all play together than play against each other.

Bobby portis is all alone in Arkansas as far as mcdonalds all Americans. Makes you wonder about all these kids that want to form super teams. Like why would you want to go to a team that already have 2 centers already? And they have 2 other big men that are really good? Kinda annoying

I think it has more to do with the fact that Cal has a track record of getting his kids paid. He holds combines, he has ins with agents and nba execs and he has pro coaching experience.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/28/2015  6:33 PM
Do you play better with better players to ready for the NBA?
They would in practice!
Thing is they are the best team in the country. Even one loss would not take that away.
They will win regular season, then there is the SEC tournament, say they win that. Then they go to basically a one and done tournament. NCAA's don't crown the best team, they crown a tournament champion. There are three parts to win.
I love the "Field of 64" march madness tournament but that does not crown its real champion. To me, it dilutes the validity of "No. 1"
But its a ratings monster and the most exciting event in all of sports!!!
FistOfOakley
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3075

2/28/2015  6:39 PM
Calipari gets his kids ready to play in the nba...there are tons of mcdonalds all americans who fail at the college lvl but alot of his guys usually pan out... its not by accident...
Swishfm3
Member: #392
2/28/2015  6:40 PM
gunsnewing wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:Hmmm. Not impressed with Towns right now. I am going Okafor right now.

Can't judge him on one game. Kentucky is beating Arkansas from the perimeter This particular game

Guns is right. Towns is an amazing talent. Not the best game to evaluate him if this is the first time you watched him play. 2 early fouls really hurt as well.

Great comparison of Stein and Chandler.

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
2/28/2015  6:57 PM
Swishfm3 wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:

Guns is right. Towns is an amazing talent. Not the best game to evaluate him if this is the first time you watched him play. 2 early fouls really hurt as well.

Towns just has a more natural ability to get on shots than OK4. Those 2 early fouls on Towns today is likely why OK4 doesn't go hard at trying to block shots. He's not really a good shot blocker so why risk it? I think OK4 should try to improve his rim protection by at least getting his hand up to try and make guys alter shots. If it was me i'd have OK4 doing shot blocking drills to try and improve his timing.
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
2/28/2015  7:02 PM
Trey lyles did the most for his stock today. He was smooth with the j. I think Portis faired well as he could he was stacked against the odds as the only big on the other team. Kat needs to stay out of ft.
RIP Crushalot😞
gunsnewing
USA
2/28/2015  7:31 PM
BRIGGS wrote:Trey lyles did the most for his stock today. He was smooth with the j. I think Portis faired well as he could he was stacked against the odds as the only big on the other team. Kat needs to stay out of ft.

Yea no easy pickings for Portis vs this kentucky frontline

yellowboy90
Member: #3538

2/28/2015  7:37 PM
Nalod wrote:Do you play better with better players to ready for the NBA?
They would in practice!

Thing is they are the best team in the country. Even one loss would not take that away.
They will win regular season, then there is the SEC tournament, say they win that. Then they go to basically a one and done tournament. NCAA's don't crown the best team, they crown a tournament champion. There are three parts to win.
I love the "Field of 64" march madness tournament but that does not crown its real champion. To me, it dilutes the validity of "No. 1"
But its a ratings monster and the most exciting event in all of sports!!!

I think it can help. When UF was winning back to back 'ships Horford and Noah was practicing against Chris Richard(2nd rd Bulls) and Maureese Seights(1st rd now GSW). Before that they were going against David Lee as freshmen.

Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
3/1/2015  10:10 AM
nixluva wrote:
Swishfm3 wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:

Towns just has a more natural ability to get on shots than OK4. Those 2 early fouls on Towns today is likely why OK4 doesn't go hard at trying to block shots. He's not really a good shot blocker so why risk it? I think OK4 should try to improve his rim protection by at least getting his hand up to try and make guys alter shots. If it was me i'd have OK4 doing shot blocking drills to try and improve his timing.

Ok4 can block shots, what you aren't taking into consideration is that he is needed to be on the floor for Duke so he is less aggressive with the shot blocking. In Towns case he can go all out and know there is a first and second wave of centers on the team.

EwingsGlass
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #893
USA
3/1/2015  10:22 AM
nixluva wrote:

Why did all these kids sign to Kentucky? 9 high school all Americans? So they all would rather do like miami and play on a team of stars so they don't have to work so hard? That's this generation. They would rather all play together than play against each other.

Bobby portis is all alone in Arkansas as far as mcdonalds all Americans. Makes you wonder about all these kids that want to form super teams. Like why would you want to go to a team that already have 2 centers already? And they have 2 other big men that are really good? Kinda annoying

Yeah I said similar things about the idea of packing all those players together. You don't get to really see some guys flesh out their game. If they were on a team with fewer big talents it would allow these players to show more of what they can do.

Counter argument -- they get to practice and scrimmage everyday against some of the best players in the country better preparing them for the NBA. You want the best sparring partner you can find.

This is the Randle.
gunsnewing
USA
3/1/2015  10:43 AM
EwingsGlass wrote:
nixluva wrote:

Yeah I said similar things about the idea of packing all those players together. You don't get to really see some guys flesh out their game. If they were on a team with fewer big talents it would allow these players to show more of what they can do.

Counter argument -- they get to practice and scrimmage everyday against some of the best players in the country better preparing them for the NBA. You want the best sparring partner you can find.

Absolutely I was just thinking this and you have to figure Phil is aware of this. Going up against Stein & Dakari in practice where college teams actually take practice seriously is great preparation for the NBA

Hector
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #4483

3/1/2015  12:08 PM
This is what it's come down to? Game threads for Kentucky? I think that is hilarious & I'll be reading.

[quote="jrodmc"] Melo is stupid. [/quote]
Game Thread (1)Kentucky vs. (18)Arkansas 4pm CBS

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy