Bargiani
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
2/28/2015  1:29 PM
holfresh wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
holfresh wrote:Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice and you can't fool me again(GWB)...Bargs is now playing for a contract and we can't get duped again...He could possibly help a Championship caliber team playing 15-20 mins a night, but not us..

If the Knicks grab a Towns or Okafor sign and Anjica and resign Bargs to essentially a 1 year contract--you're down side is small. What can Bargs command? really no more than 6mm tops

Whats better Bargs and Anjica for 10mm combined and signed for much less in terms of years or 4 years 68mm to Monroe.

You made what I thought was the correct suggestion in another thread..Let's not make rash moves..Let's sit back and wait for the right pieces to fit the puzzle..Let's not throw money at Chandler because we have cap space when CP3 was available a year later...All these guys are the Amare signings after missing out on LeBron...

Let's try for Aldridge and/or Butler..If not we sit back and wait it out..We have time...And please Phil, let's start looking at some NBA caliber talent...

Why am I wasting even two minutes on guys who are not coming here? Can you give me a cogent explanation on why Aldridge would give up 30mm to play for the Knicks or why the Bulls who have said they will match any offer for their best player?

RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
markvmc
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1797

2/28/2015  1:29 PM
No... Just... no.
VCoug
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1406

2/28/2015  1:33 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
VCoug wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
holfresh wrote:Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice and you can't fool me again(GWB)...Bargs is now playing for a contract and we can't get duped again...He could possibly help a Championship caliber team playing 15-20 mins a night, but not us..

If the Knicks grab a Towns or Okafor sign and Anjica and resign Bargs to essentially a 1 year contract--you're down side is small. What can Bargs command? really no more than 6mm tops

Whats better Bargs and Anjica for 10mm combined and signed for much less in terms of years or 4 years 68mm to Monroe.

Oh, only $6M which; nearly 25% of our available cap space this Summer?

Vcoug we should have 34-35mm once we waive Calderon. Exactly who do you want to spend money on? There is NO one worth paying the max to.

Im just saying start adding guys like Stuckey Carroll Anjica Mo Williams resign bargs and then keep cheaper back s up like larkin and hardaway admundson--all of a sudden our team is much different and we keep flexible as there is no contract over 20mm or so. then we add a great draft--its a new deep team.

I'd bet anything that we're not waiving Calderon. After the draft we'll have something like $37M in guaranteed contract, assuming we don't pick up any options, plus another $3.5M in cap holds for the open roster spots. Assuming a salary cap of $66M that leaves us with about $26M in cap space. Even if we waived and stretched Calderon that gets us up to $30M. You want to waste a minimum of 20% of our available space on dead weight?

Now the joy of my world is in Zion How beautiful if nothing more Than to wait at Zion's door I've never been in love like this before Now let me pray to keep you from The perils that will surely come
holfresh
Member: #1081

2/28/2015  1:33 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
holfresh wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

You made what I thought was the correct suggestion in another thread..Let's not make rash moves..Let's sit back and wait for the right pieces to fit the puzzle..Let's not throw money at Chandler because we have cap space when CP3 was available a year later...All these guys are the Amare signings after missing out on LeBron...

Let's try for Aldridge and/or Butler..If not we sit back and wait it out..We have time...And please Phil, let's start looking at some NBA caliber talent...

Why am I wasting even two minutes on guys who are not coming here? Can you give me a cogent explanation on why Aldridge would give up 30mm to play for the Knicks or why the Bulls who have said they will match any offer for their best player?

Well If he doesn't come then wait for the next guy the following year...Is Anjica the answer or a guy who is available??..Or Bargs for that matter...We have done it the other way and lost betting on long shots, let's wait...
BRIGGS
2/28/2015  1:41 PM
holfresh wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
holfresh wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

Well If he doesn't come then wait for the next guy the following year...Is Anjica the answer or a guy who is available??..Or Bargs for that matter...We have done it the other way and lost betting on long shots, let's wait...

What--we lost paying a great deal of money for shtty players. We pay guys like Shanden Andersen 48m we pay guys like Tim Thomas 48mm we pay Amare stoudemire even though the mDs said no 100mm--hows that work out for the Knicks? We have never had 1 free agent success. Lets be smart here and get more for the dollar spent instead of paying more dollars for vastly inferior production.

RIP Crushalot😞
holfresh

2/28/2015  1:51 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/28/2015  1:52 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
holfresh wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
holfresh wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

What--we lost paying a great deal of money for shtty players. We pay guys like Shanden Andersen 48m we pay guys like Tim Thomas 48mm we pay Amare stoudemire even though the mDs said no 100mm--hows that work out for the Knicks? We have never had 1 free agent success. Lets be smart here and get more for the dollar spent instead of paying more dollars for vastly inferior production.

So u are agreeing with me???..Because I could swear u want us to spend money on shetty players like Anjica and Bargs...I'm saying don't spend the money until a top player is proven and worth it...
BRIGGS
2/28/2015  2:04 PM
holfresh wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
holfresh wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
holfresh wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

So u are agreeing with me???..Because I could swear u want us to spend money on shetty players like Anjica and Bargs...I'm saying don't spend the money until a top player is proven and worth it...

I want to pay anjica 4-5 mm for 3 years bargs 6mm for 1. I don't want to pay Greg Monroe 4 years and 64 mm. That's why I'd rather pay admundson 1.5mm instead of trying to pay draymond green 60mm. I want our draft pick to really contribute and I'd like to see us grab a few cheap prospects. I want to piece meal free agency looking for quality depth with undervalued players that fit well.

RIP Crushalot😞
yellowboy90
Member: #3538

2/28/2015  2:51 PM
holfresh wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
holfresh wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
holfresh wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

I agree with you on Bargs but Ajinca would be a good rotation big for cheap. Bargs is not worth the minimum and I doubt any team goes over $2.5m. The only teams that might go over that is Euro teams.

I think Ajinca is an under rated player that will probably cost lest than $3m. A PF/C that blks,rebs, & scores efficiently is well worth that price. Knicks must find low risk high reward players and he's one. They could possibly lock in a 27 y/o 7'2 big with potential on a long term contract for chump change. That would be smart business. Imagine if Miami locked up Whiteside for a 3 yr deal or the Lakers got Ed Davis on a long term deal?

dk7th
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4228
USA
2/28/2015  3:37 PM
knicks1248 wrote:If he plays like he has the rest of the season, phils going to be hard press not to resign him. He is by far the perfect triangle big, and I'm talking the entire league. His ability to knock down that mid range shot, put the ball on the floor, and can make a decent pass..smh, His health is keeping him from being one of the better bigs in the league.

I'm sure he's going to play with a chip on his shoulder the rest of the way, he has a lot to prove, especially to Knicks fans, and that next contract, but could it be a trap?

if we are rebuilding then what do we need him for? he's underachieving, by his own admission lazy, and he is a sub-standard defender. and soft and slow. and expensive.

in spite of the fact that i don't like his approach, he does have the requisite skills, but he is way too expensive and doesn't seem to possess the type of grit required in the playoffs.

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
knicks1248
Member: #582
2/28/2015  5:48 PM
dk7th wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:If he plays like he has the rest of the season, phils going to be hard press not to resign him. He is by far the perfect triangle big, and I'm talking the entire league. His ability to knock down that mid range shot, put the ball on the floor, and can make a decent pass..smh, His health is keeping him from being one of the better bigs in the league.

I'm sure he's going to play with a chip on his shoulder the rest of the way, he has a lot to prove, especially to Knicks fans, and that next contract, but could it be a trap?

if we are rebuilding then what do we need him for? he's underachieving, by his own admission lazy, and he is a sub-standard defender. and soft and slow. and expensive.

in spite of the fact that i don't like his approach, he does have the requisite skills, but he is way too expensive and doesn't seem to possess the type of grit required in the playoffs.

How much can he really expect after 3 straight injury prone seasons. I have never seen him in the playoffs, so i don't know how he would play. If Gasol some how falls and bumps his head on the pavement,and signs with us, These 2 would be a nice sey of big man for the triangle, were talking perfect fit.

ES
VCoug
Member: #1406

2/28/2015  9:40 PM
I can't believe there are multiple people talking about bringing back Bargnani next year at any price. This guy has been in the league for 9 years and is one of, if not the worst player in the league year after year. Last season, we basically replaced Kidd and Novak with Bargnani and turned a 54 win team into a 37 win team. He's a terrible rebounder, a terrible defender, a terrible passer; his only "skill" is hitting 18-footers at a slightly above average rate.

Now the joy of my world is in Zion How beautiful if nothing more Than to wait at Zion's door I've never been in love like this before Now let me pray to keep you from The perils that will surely come
holfresh

2/28/2015  10:37 PM
Jerome James was balling in his contract year too..
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
2/28/2015  11:34 PM
holfresh wrote:Jerome James was balling in his contract year too..
Snacks had one game where he scored more than 16 pts. the year prior to joining the Knicks. Bargs has a lot more talent.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
markvmc
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1797

3/1/2015  12:00 AM
Talent isn't enough. Eddy Curry had talent.
BRIGGS
3/1/2015  9:11 AM
I could easily see 7-8 clubs offering bargs 5-6mm for a year. When we step back and move bargnani salary in half and commit only 1 year he becomes attractive. I also said no bargs at any cost heck he's been hurt and hasn't played the right way in NY. After some tune up games he's avg 20-7 over the last 3getting to the ft a lot.IF bargs plays the right way as in minimal 3s setting up in the mid range and post from the 5position he becomes more valuable. This is a 25 game evalution-- not a 1 game wonder. So many Knicks fans wanted Zach Randolph out at any cost and everyone of them was wrong.Keep an open mind and let the player earn a spot or not earn it
RIP Crushalot😞
dk7th
Member: #4228
USA
3/1/2015  10:53 AM
BRIGGS wrote:I could easily see 7-8 clubs offering bargs 5-6mm for a year. When we step back and move bargnani salary in half and commit only 1 year he becomes attractive. I also said no bargs at any cost heck he's been hurt and hasn't played the right way in NY. After some tune up games he's avg 20-7 over the last 3getting to the ft a lot.IF bargs plays the right way as in minimal 3s setting up in the mid range and post from the 5position he becomes more valuable. This is a 25 game evalution-- not a 1 game wonder. So many Knicks fans wanted Zach Randolph out at any cost and everyone of them was wrong.Keep an open mind and let the player earn a spot or not earn it

bargnani has the same problem as randolph-- they both are not high-character players. we had to give randolph the heave-ho because of this, among other things. remember isaiah thomas brought in randolph, curry, marbury, and a number of talented but low-character players.

if the overarching goal is culture change then part of that culture change is improving the level of character among the employees you hire. since isaiah thomas and jim dolan are low-character people, they could not help but bring in players of similar low level of character. and i agree with splat wholeheartedly: character = destiny

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
yellowboy90
Member: #3538

3/1/2015  11:26 AM
BRIGGS wrote:I could easily see 7-8 clubs offering bargs 5-6mm for a year. When we step back and move bargnani salary in half and commit only 1 year he becomes attractive. I also said no bargs at any cost heck he's been hurt and hasn't played the right way in NY. After some tune up games he's avg 20-7 over the last 3getting to the ft a lot.IF bargs plays the right way as in minimal 3s setting up in the mid range and post from the 5position he becomes more valuable. This is a 25 game evalution-- not a 1 game wonder. So many Knicks fans wanted Zach Randolph out at any cost and everyone of them was wrong.Keep an open mind and let the player earn a spot or not earn it

Who are these teams? You won't even find 7-8 clubs who will give Amar'e that much money for on year and he is a more productive player offensively and defensively(barely). Amar'e maybe will get mMLE type money. So, taking that into consideration what would teams give a less productive big who is not known for putting in the work in the off season like STAT, as injury prone, and not nearly productive? Bargs will more than likely get a Pablo type deal for two years or and Ed Davis type deal if he stays in the NBA. He will get some kind of low salary deal slightly above the minimum guaranteed for one year to prove he can still play for a full season. The second year will either have be non-guranteed or with a player option depending on his Agent's skill.

BRIGGS
3/1/2015  11:27 AM
Ev="dk7th"]

bargnani has the same problem as randolph-- they both are not high-character players. we had to give randolph the heave-ho because of this, among other things. remember isaiah thomas brought in randolph, curry, marbury, and a number of talented but low-character players.

if the overarching goal is culture change then part of that culture change is improving the level of character among the employees you hire. since isaiah thomas and jim dolan are low-character people, they could not help but bring in players of similar low level of character. and i agree with splat wholeheartedly: character = destiny

Yes we can see just how much of a character issue Zach Randolph was in the right situation where he was used the right way. I've never hear bargnani had charcter issues. I do believe that teams allowed him to play undiscplned for his whole career. If he sticks to a formula of a mid range to post game find the open man when its there rebound and defend he is still quite talented and skilled. He's not going to command more than a small 1-2 yr commitment from anyone. If he proves he can play the right way 30 min a night over the last 25 and shows he can be a real help as part of a team why wouldn't we want him back on those terms? He fills the triangle post man my h better than many NBA players T 7 feet tall

RIP Crushalot😞
fitzfarm
Member: #3285

3/1/2015  2:30 PM
I'd say absolutely yes to bringing back brags he is perfect for the triangle and, the guy hasn't been healthy for 3 to 4 years ... If he's the player Toronto had 4 years ago he's well worth 6 mil for one or even 2 years for 12

When healthy his a top pf/C he out played Monroe and johnson. I think if we go pg in the draft like russell I'd really go after ajinca to be our center.

Ajinca/Lou/Aldrich?
Brags/thomas/Lou
Melo/early/Greek
Schved/thjr/Galloway you could start all three
Russell/Galloway/Schved

fitzfarm
Member: #3285

3/1/2015  2:32 PM
Ajinca is turning into a top center he would be cheap and a steal fa for the knicks he's only 26
Bargiani

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy