[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

I want to give this scenario DO NOT SPEND BIG MONEY ON ANYONE.
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
2/28/2015  10:27 PM
TripleThreat wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:We sign Bargs back for two years 12mm(1 guaranteed)

WE DO NOT NEED TO SPEND BIG MONEY ON ANYONE and thats the way to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Andrea Bargnani is a power forward. In no way shape or form is Bargnani a center.

Carmelo Anthony, despite whatever some roster sheet says, is a POWER FORWARD. It's where he has the best chance to create mismatches that give him offensive opportunities in line with his skill set.

Carmelo Anthony is not even an average defender. He's a toxic mix defensively of Don't Care/Don't Try/Don't Understand/Don't Be In Shape when it comes to defense. He has no business at this point in his career trying to defend faster, younger, smaller wings.

Carmelo Anthony AVERAGES 36-37 minutes per game over his career.

If you put Bargnani on the floor with Melo, either Melo is the PF and Bargs is the center. Or Melo is the SF and Bargs is the PF. Either combination creates a defensive sieve. Even if the Knicks win the draft lottery and/or sign a free agent pivot who can defend the rim, the best way to mentally break said player, esp a rookie, is to ask him to anchor a frontcourt with two minus defenders. ( the "minus" part is actually probably a much softer word than what could be used)

Bargnani doesn't have a league average three point shot. He's not an even average player with his back the basket in the low post. He's not even willing to give six hard fouls ( the staple of any fringe big man in the league) Defensively he creates all kinds of problems with Melo and offensively he kills the spacing on the floor.

As a reserve PF, do you want to pay him 12 million over two years to play 12 minutes a game? Because the only way to prevent a turnstile defense with Bargs and Melo is to separate them into different units.

Briggs, if you repeat something other people have been saying all off season and all season long, while you were literally breaking the NBA Trade Machine trying to extort picks and/or framework how taking in other bad deals around the league was sensible, I guess you can say later that it was all your idea and you can take credit for it. It's a No Fail system you have my friend, why play a game of darts throwing one dart at a time when you can throw a thousand and only count the ones that hit the board?

Crazy idea, before the Knicks spend 12 million to retain one of the worst trade acquistions in the entire Knicks history, how about waiting to see how Free Agency plays out first, see what Tier 2 and Tier 3 big men might be available. I'm sure Bargs will still be around even then if the Knicks want to bite that kind of big bullet to resign him.

TT Are you even a Knick fan? Why are you here? I do not understand half of what you post, its non nonsensical jibberish that has nothing to do with the Knicks or the NBA. You are bellicose in almost every response to any poster--really a no no here on these boards. Of course Bargs can play the 5 spot--is he Bill Russell--no but if we had a frontcourt of Anjica Bargnani Admunson and Towns?Okafor--we'd be one of the hardest match ups in the league. Of course Anthony can play 3 thats his position for 95% of his career. Unless we moved down into the draft and took a Justice Winslow instead and moved him to 3 I dont see the strategy of keeping physical pressure on Carmelo by lining him up against 250 pound opponents.

RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
TPercy
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #5748

2/28/2015  10:57 PM
With 12m of that cap I'd sign as much young talent as possible. With the remaining I would sing 2 starting quality guys that can really help us to 2-3 year contracts.
The Future is Bright!
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
2/28/2015  11:22 PM
TripleThreat wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:We sign Bargs back for two years 12mm(1 guaranteed)

WE DO NOT NEED TO SPEND BIG MONEY ON ANYONE and thats the way to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Andrea Bargnani is a power forward. In no way shape or form is Bargnani a center.

Carmelo Anthony, despite whatever some roster sheet says, is a POWER FORWARD. It's where he has the best chance to create mismatches that give him offensive opportunities in line with his skill set.

Carmelo Anthony is not even an average defender. He's a toxic mix defensively of Don't Care/Don't Try/Don't Understand/Don't Be In Shape when it comes to defense. He has no business at this point in his career trying to defend faster, younger, smaller wings.

Carmelo Anthony AVERAGES 36-37 minutes per game over his career.

If you put Bargnani on the floor with Melo, either Melo is the PF and Bargs is the center. Or Melo is the SF and Bargs is the PF. Either combination creates a defensive sieve. Even if the Knicks win the draft lottery and/or sign a free agent pivot who can defend the rim, the best way to mentally break said player, esp a rookie, is to ask him to anchor a frontcourt with two minus defenders. ( the "minus" part is actually probably a much softer word than what could be used)

Bargnani doesn't have a league average three point shot. He's not an even average player with his back the basket in the low post. He's not even willing to give six hard fouls ( the staple of any fringe big man in the league) Defensively he creates all kinds of problems with Melo and offensively he kills the spacing on the floor.

As a reserve PF, do you want to pay him 12 million over two years to play 12 minutes a game? Because the only way to prevent a turnstile defense with Bargs and Melo is to separate them into different units.

Briggs, if you repeat something other people have been saying all off season and all season long, while you were literally breaking the NBA Trade Machine trying to extort picks and/or framework how taking in other bad deals around the league was sensible, I guess you can say later that it was all your idea and you can take credit for it. It's a No Fail system you have my friend, why play a game of darts throwing one dart at a time when you can throw a thousand and only count the ones that hit the board?

Crazy idea, before the Knicks spend 12 million to retain one of the worst trade acquistions in the entire Knicks history, how about waiting to see how Free Agency plays out first, see what Tier 2 and Tier 3 big men might be available. I'm sure Bargs will still be around even then if the Knicks want to bite that kind of big bullet to resign him.

His best minutes as a Knick have been at the 5. I watch as much ball as I can but prior to this year it was limited to what twc gave me so I didn't watch a lot of the raptors but as a Knick Bargs has been his best at the 5. Bargs man d at the 5 is good. He also is a tough cover for other bigs and opens things up on the offense. His tenure in ny hasn't been good but if you have watched him you know the triangle suits his skills and during his knick tenure his best minutes have come at the 5.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
callmened
Member: #4234

3/1/2015  1:42 AM
lol. a couple nice games from Bargnani and folks wanna keep him. smh. Get rid of this guy!!!

However, I do agree with no spending big time money on anyone (who doesnt deserve it). Im extremely worried the knicks will over spend on Rondo thinking theyre getting the 2007 version. I would love to pay for Monroe/Butler/D.Jordan/T.Harris/W.Matthews but i refuse to pay more than 15mill for any of them. This years free agent class isnt great however there are plenty role players such as:

D.Carroll/J.Jenkins
B.Bass
G.Neal
A.Affalo
Ju.Holiday
P.Beverly
L.Allen/D.Sloan
W.Johnson
Koufas
Ajinca
K.OQuinn
KJMcDaniels
B.Wright/G.Green
D.Wright
CoJoseph/J.Ayers
LouWilliams

get some role player and a high draft pick (preferably a C). Maybe the team wins 35-40 games. The following year go splurging when the cap goes up in 2016

Knicks should be improved: win about 40 games and maybe sneak into the playoffs. Melo, Rose and even Noah will have some nice moments however this team should be about PORZINGUS. the sooner they make him the primary player, the better
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
3/1/2015  2:22 AM
callmened wrote:lol. a couple nice games from Bargnani and folks wanna keep him. smh. Get rid of this guy!!!

However, I do agree with no spending big time money on anyone (who doesnt deserve it). Im extremely worried the knicks will over spend on Rondo thinking theyre getting the 2007 version. I would love to pay for Monroe/Butler/D.Jordan/T.Harris/W.Matthews but i refuse to pay more than 15mill for any of them. This years free agent class isnt great however there are plenty role players such as:

D.Carroll/J.Jenkins
B.Bass
G.Neal
A.Affalo
Ju.Holiday
P.Beverly
L.Allen/D.Sloan
W.Johnson
Koufas
Ajinca
K.OQuinn
KJMcDaniels
B.Wright/G.Green
D.Wright
CoJoseph/J.Ayers
LouWilliams

get some role player and a high draft pick (preferably a C). Maybe the team wins 35-40 games. The following year go splurging when the cap goes up in 2016

It's about fit and cost. Bargs had a run of bad luck, but maybe on a reasonable contract we might look at him a lot differently. People hate on Bargs but he can actually play this style of ball. He's able to move and pass effectively and the more touches he gets the better he plays. I said this all last year that you have to keep Bargs involved and when you do he plays harder. If he can stay healthy he should have a good role on this squad.

Overall if we can get consistent solid performance from these role players that will be a very good thing going forward. We know we have a draft pick and enough money to bring in a couple of very good players, but we've got to also find cheap players who can play well in the Triangle.

callmened
Member: #4234

3/1/2015  6:04 AM
I'm not a fan of Bargnani (as you know). Yes hes offensively skilled but hes a joke on defense and um everything else. hes just the player you laugh at it. He also symbolizes front office ineptitude (trading draft picks for this guy...smh). he's an NBA player - but the type you dont want on your team to avoid jokes. regardless, my overall point was dont overspend on mediocre-used-to-be-good talent like rondo. id ratherimprove with adding role players; then go for stars in 2016
Knicks should be improved: win about 40 games and maybe sneak into the playoffs. Melo, Rose and even Noah will have some nice moments however this team should be about PORZINGUS. the sooner they make him the primary player, the better
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
3/1/2015  6:58 AM
Swishfm3 wrote:You lost me at resigning Bargnani

Seriously. If we do, it has to be for the vet min but I don't think I want to use a roster spot on him. At this point, he's just trying to prove that he still belongs on an NBA roster next year.
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
3/1/2015  8:54 AM
I like TT's idea. Explore 1st, 2nd & 3rd tier Free Agents first than if you strike out you can think about signing Bargnani for dirt cheap
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
3/1/2015  9:55 AM    LAST EDITED: 3/1/2015  9:57 AM
I don't think Bargnani has it in him to get into tiptop shape and avoid injuries. I think you can platoon him with Towns or another another defensive minded rebouding rim protecting Center at the right price. However I would not count on him for 82 games. For that reason it might be better to just cut our losses
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
3/1/2015  11:30 AM
My 3 main free agents would be Carroll Stuckey Anjica. These are all highly productive cost efficient vets in their prime and make a lot of sense for our style of play
RIP Crushalot😞
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
3/1/2015  10:45 PM

+1
What are people smoking even considering bringing this guy back. The guy is made of glass, and even when he's not injured he's one of the softest seven footers I've ever seen. You guys sound like battered housewives signing up for more off the same. I'm going to call an intervention.

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
3/1/2015  11:23 PM
Panos wrote:

+1
What are people smoking even considering bringing this guy back. The guy is made of glass, and even when he's not injured he's one of the softest seven footers I've ever seen. You guys sound like battered housewives signing up for more off the same. I'm going to call an intervention.

The idea behind bringing Bargs back would be to have guy who fits the system and we could try to sign on a more reasonable contract. In case you haven't noticed not everyone can excel in this system. Bargs game fits this system perfectly. No one is saying he's a great player but he's better than a lot of people think he is. It's gonna be up to Phil to work out a contract that is good for the team. If Bargs doesn't accept a lesser contract no biggie. However, if Bargs can get it together and finish the year strong I think it would be in his best interest to sign a lower contract with the Knicks and try to get his game right. This could be the best fit for him basketball wise.
I want to give this scenario DO NOT SPEND BIG MONEY ON ANYONE.

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy