OT: Republican Congress Won't Fund Homeland Security
Author Thread
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
2/27/2015  9:40 PM
markvmc wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:Voted Obama last time. Will be voting for Jeb Bush this time. Jeb doesn't lean too far to the right or the left. Unfornately everyoe wants candidates to pick a side and stick with something they don't even believe in.

I am open minded and don't like to be labeled. Just like I am with the Knicks. I just want the best. Really soured on Obama's lack of leadership and ability to unify the nation after the Mike Brown ruling. Race relations is a big thing for me in 2015. I feel like we've been set back 150yrs

Dammit guns...now I'm gonna have to register just to offset your vote.

damn you Mark

AUTOADVERT
gunsnewing
USA
2/27/2015  9:41 PM
Cartman718 wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
nixluva wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
nixluva wrote:I don't know why any Americans continue to vote for these clowns. They've done literally NOTHING to move this country forward. all they do is make this stupid hostage taking where they only hurt the country and then they have to give up on it in the end anyway. I've never seen a political party this messed up in my life.

Because Americans are dumb.....really ****ing dumb. I live in the South and it boogles my mind that so many of these people are allowed to reproduce.

I live in Georgia down below Macon and I can tell you these people had Bush/Cheney sign all over their lawns. They are so blind to the facts. They vote against their own interests every time. They refused to take the Medicaid expansion and all these hospitals are closing. STUPID. People don't know it, but Red States are the ones that take the most Gov't assistance and they get it from the Blue States they hate so much.

+1. I'm on the other side, 1.5 hours north of ATL and it's the same deal.

atl here. maybe we should get together when the knicks come to town next season. i know tkf lives in atl if i am remembering correctly.
republicans are dumb, but u better believe that democrats are not far behind.

Humans are getting dumber in general

NardDogNation
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #5555

2/27/2015  9:44 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/27/2015  9:47 PM
Cartman718 wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
nixluva wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
nixluva wrote:I don't know why any Americans continue to vote for these clowns. They've done literally NOTHING to move this country forward. all they do is make this stupid hostage taking where they only hurt the country and then they have to give up on it in the end anyway. I've never seen a political party this messed up in my life.

Because Americans are dumb.....really ****ing dumb. I live in the South and it boogles my mind that so many of these people are allowed to reproduce.

I live in Georgia down below Macon and I can tell you these people had Bush/Cheney sign all over their lawns. They are so blind to the facts. They vote against their own interests every time. They refused to take the Medicaid expansion and all these hospitals are closing. STUPID. People don't know it, but Red States are the ones that take the most Gov't assistance and they get it from the Blue States they hate so much.

+1. I'm on the other side, 1.5 hours north of ATL and it's the same deal.

atl here. maybe we should get together when the knicks come to town next season. i know tkf lives in atl if i am remembering correctly.
republicans are dumb, but u better believe that democrats are not far behind.

That sounds like a plan. Just let me know. As for Democrats, I am by no means a fan. I like Elizabeth Warren, Al Franken, Bill DeBlasio and I find myself drawn to Alan Grayson but I'm largely disinterested with the party. I just support Democrats as a whole since they are the lesser of two evils. But at the end of the day, they serve the same master.

gunsnewing
USA
2/27/2015  10:05 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/27/2015  10:23 PM
NardDogNation wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
nixluva wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:Voted Obama last time. Will be voting for Jeb Bush this time.

I am open minded and don't like to be labeled. Just like I am with the Knicks. I just want the best. Really soured on Obama's lack of leadership and ability to unify the nation after the Mike Brown ruling. Race relations is a big thing for me in 2015. I feel like we've been set back 150yrs

150 yrs??? You went too far back. I still have relatives living who went thru all of the Jim Crow era crap. My grandparents and father and mother are still alive. Heck my wife's grandmother died recently at 94.

The recent issues are not Obama's fault. That's white backlash and the system this country has had since it started enslaving people. They started with the Slave Catchers who policed the Slaves as they moved through town and that just continued to be the stance towards Blacks. To control them and subjugate them and maintain White Supremacy. Nothing has changed in all this time. My family has been here since the 1750's and for most of our time in this country we've been mistreated. If not for the fact that we escaped poverty and got educated, we might still be falling victim to the full force of this racist system. We still deal with it, but not the full force of it like some do.

yea im gonna take your word. Things aren't perfect.

However you must've missed the hipocracy of the whole thing all over the country. Saw it first hand here in NYC

What hippocrisy are you talking about? The one where unarmed Black men get killed by the police but the victims are somehow portrayed as the villains of the story? It's always ironic to me how people can justify that but never acknowledge how gun-totting, mass murderers who are Caucasian manage to get captured alive (see John Holmes).

Which news outlet produced that fancy graphic?

Come together as a community. Teach kids right from wrong at an early age. Be a positive influence. Lower crime in cities so fewer cops and resources are needed(I live in Newark and many days kids leaving school are caught in crossfires & killed). So cops don't have to fear losing their lives everyday making them more quick to pull the trigger. It not like these cops who risk their lives everyday set out to kill a certain group of people. But thats what the media and some money grabbers will have you believing depending on where you get your news. Sure there are bad cops. Just like their are bad humans. NYU students marching on their parents dime instead of working or studying or kids wanting to be seen on news cameras and "protest" against cops are not focusing on how to make things better.

It was a great opportunity for someone like Obama to take the bull by the horn and really help change things by being a leader and positive influence. In this case he did the opposite or didn't do enough. He somewhat divided a big portion of the nation intentionally or unintentionally but the lack of awareness from our leader really turned me off. Chances are other presidents would've made the same mistake so I don't begrudge him. I'm still waiting for a real presidential leader to come aboard and really make changes for the better. Someone who is so remarkable that he unifies the nation, gets rid of labels like Democratic/Republican, Black/White and we talk about his greatness 200 years later. Democratic, Republican, Alien, whatever

holfresh
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1081

2/27/2015  10:12 PM
Republican Congress fund Home Land Security for one week..
NardDogNation

2/27/2015  11:22 PM
gunsnewing wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
nixluva wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:Voted Obama last time. Will be voting for Jeb Bush this time.

150 yrs??? You went too far back. I still have relatives living who went thru all of the Jim Crow era crap. My grandparents and father and mother are still alive. Heck my wife's grandmother died recently at 94.

The recent issues are not Obama's fault. That's white backlash and the system this country has had since it started enslaving people. They started with the Slave Catchers who policed the Slaves as they moved through town and that just continued to be the stance towards Blacks. To control them and subjugate them and maintain White Supremacy. Nothing has changed in all this time. My family has been here since the 1750's and for most of our time in this country we've been mistreated. If not for the fact that we escaped poverty and got educated, we might still be falling victim to the full force of this racist system. We still deal with it, but not the full force of it like some do.

yea im gonna take your word. Things aren't perfect.

However you must've missed the hipocracy of the whole thing all over the country. Saw it first hand here in NYC

What hippocrisy are you talking about? The one where unarmed Black men get killed by the police but the victims are somehow portrayed as the villains of the story? It's always ironic to me how people can justify that but never acknowledge how gun-totting, mass murderers who are Caucasian manage to get captured alive (see John Holmes).

Which news outlet produced that fancy graphic?

Come together as a community. Teach kids right from wrong at an early age. Be a positive influence. Lower crime in cities so fewer cops and resources are needed(I live in Newark and many days kids leaving school are caught in crossfires & killed). So cops don't have to fear losing their lives everyday making them more quick to pull the trigger. It not like these cops who risk their lives everyday set out to kill a certain group of people. But thats what the media and some money grabbers will have you believing depending on where you get your news. Sure there are bad cops. Just like their are bad humans. NYU students marching on their parents dime instead of working or studying or kids wanting to be seen on news cameras and "protest" against cops are not focusing on how to make things better.

It was a great opportunity for someone like Obama to take the bull by the horn and really help change things by being a leader and positive influence. In this case he did the opposite or didn't do enough. He somewhat divided a big portion of the nation intentionally or unintentionally but the lack of awareness from our leader really turned me off. Chances are other presidents would've made the same mistake so I don't begrudge him. I'm still waiting for a real presidential leader to come aboard and really make changes for the better. Someone who is so remarkable that he unifies the nation, gets rid of labels like Democratic/Republican, Black/White and we talk about his greatness 200 years later. Democratic, Republican, Alien, whatever

What you're saying is well-intentioned and sounds lovely on paper but it simply isn't reality. The world has never been that and never will be the utopia you describe. So to fault any one man for not doing anything to change this is beyond ridiculous.

Do you honestly expect Jeb Bush to be that man? Besides, a legislators mark is made through legislation...not to delve too deeply into social issues/causes. That has been the expectation of every President before Obama; for some reason though people have expected him to be a Dr.King, which is unfair.

And does it matter what news outlet produced the graphic? The reality is that it accurately portrays a trend in our country where unarmed Black people are frequently dealt with lethal force (because they are ever-so menacing). But somehow a white man like James Holmes, carrying 7000 rounds (some of which killed 12 people) are routinely captured alive. When double standards like that are pointed out, the reverse racism card is dealt and minorities get accused of being overly sensitive and hypocritical. But I suppose they are "setting (the country) back 150 years".

nixluva
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #758
USA
2/27/2015  11:52 PM
No change in the country in terms of positive things didn't come without the gov't using force to make it happen. Civil War, Integration, Voting Rights all took the federal gov't to come in and establish it by force. There's not one metric where Blacks have gotten a fair deal in this country to this very day. I could go on and on about the skewed injustices. I include the treatment of Obama who literally brought this country back from the brink and still can't get any respect. Imagine what he could've done if he wasn't being obstructed the entire time?

In any event i've been doing deep research on my family history and it's been eye opening to say the least. My ancestors have been here before this was a country and the people that owned my ancestors enriched their entire family off the backs of my ancestors and they continued to do so after Slavery. The people who enslaved my ancestors got here in 1745 and at that time they actually gave every headright 50 acres and another 50 acres for every family member AND also for their indentured servants. On top of that they gave them money to get started. All of that really made me mad when it came to the end of the civil War and they were supposed to give my ancestors some land they reneged. I have the actual letters that give all the details of how they broke the news to my ancestors. It's freaking unbelievable to read. So 260 years my family has been in this country and still we're getting kicked in the teeth. One of the main guys in the family that owned my ancestors was a big time Reverend of the Methodist Church. That Methodist Churches in the south seceded from the main church over slavery and created the United Methodist Church South just so they could keep their slaves.

I'm compiling a written history of all of this. Perhaps one day when i'm done I can share it with those who are interested it's fascinating. The Republicans are literally defending the interests of those rich people who piss on the backs of others. I can't understand how anyone could consider supporting any of them. Yes Dems have their issues but not as bad as the Republicans for sure. Not since all those Racist Southern Dems switched over to the Republican Party back in the day.

Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
2/28/2015  6:07 AM
holfresh wrote:Republican Congress fund Home Land Security for one week..

It's like pulling teeth to get them to fund Homeland Security. Jeez.
Bonn1997
USA
2/28/2015  6:36 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/28/2015  6:37 AM
I'm a little surprised the Democrats bailed out the Republicans by helping them pass this 1 week patch. The PR hit would have been terrible for Republicans if DHS went unfunded. If they were worried about the impact on DHS, the Democrats could have bailed them out Saturday after it went unfunded for a few hours.
Bonn1997
USA
2/28/2015  8:20 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/28/2015  8:21 AM
gunsnewing wrote:Voted Obama last time. Will be voting for Jeb Bush this time. Jeb doesn't lean too far to the right or the left. Unfornately everyoe wants candidates to pick a side and stick with something they don't even believe in.

You'd vote for someone from that dysfunctional party? You saw what they did to the country 2000-2008!
Even 10 years later, Jeb is saying the war in Iraq was a great decision. He'll probably start just as many wars as George did and drive the economy into the ground again.
NardDogNation

2/28/2015  5:53 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:I'm a little surprised the Democrats bailed out the Republicans by helping them pass this 1 week patch. The PR hit would have been terrible for Republicans if DHS went unfunded. If they were worried about the impact on DHS, the Democrats could have bailed them out Saturday after it went unfunded for a few hours.

I'm not surprised at all. Democrats and Republicans alike receive a majority of their funding from the establishment. In many cases, they'll get their funding from the same source, who is willing to curry favor regardless of political ideology. So when stuff like this happens, these companies/industries always have a solid enough backup plan in store to help them hedge their bets. I suspect that the Democrats just managed to get themselves a little extra money come the next election cycle by making this move in good-faith. The Republicans can't seem to control their ship and that can't be a reassuring thing for establishment donors.

OT: Republican Congress Won't Fund Homeland Security

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy