[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

OT: Republican Congress Won't Fund Homeland Security
Author Thread
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
2/27/2015  7:49 PM
I'm really surprised it came to this. I thought they were bluffing. It looks like a bad political gamble by them and it's bad for the country.
AUTOADVERT
NumberTwoPencil
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #481
USA
2/27/2015  7:54 PM
I dunno if not funding the Dept. of Homeland Security is particularly bad for the country (crime in NYC when down when the NYPD went on a slowdown) but . . . the while business is stupid. Blah.
holfresh
Member: #1081

2/27/2015  7:58 PM
Conservatives house members upstaging their leadership even after passage in the Republican Senate..Should be interesting..
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

2/27/2015  7:58 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:I'm really surprised it came to this. I thought they were bluffing. It looks like a bad political gamble by them and it's bad for the country.

Voted down their own bill!

They are clowns.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
2/27/2015  8:31 PM
I don't know why any Americans continue to vote for these clowns. They've done literally NOTHING to move this country forward. all they do is make this stupid hostage taking where they only hurt the country and then they have to give up on it in the end anyway. I've never seen a political party this messed up in my life.
holfresh
Member: #1081

2/27/2015  8:35 PM
Putin political opposition shot dead in Russia near the Kremlin..
nixluva
USA
2/27/2015  8:41 PM
holfresh wrote:Putin political opposition shot dead in Russia near the Kremlin..

Yeah how about that. Who would want to live in Putin's Russia? That makes the stupid comments by Republicans holding Putin up as some great leader even more embarrassing. He's ruining his country's economy and invading his neighbors, imprisoning and confiscating his enemy's riches and killing opponents.

NardDogNation
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #5555

2/27/2015  8:46 PM
NumberTwoPencil wrote:I dunno if not funding the Dept. of Homeland Security is particularly bad for the country (crime in NYC when down when the NYPD went on a slowdown) but . . . the while business is stupid. Blah.

Crime didn't go down in the city. Officers willing to make arrests did. But I think I understand what you're trying to say. Too much of our tax payer dollars go into funding the military industrial complex, so nonsense gets drummed up to try and justify the expenses. We spend more than the next 17 or so nations combined on "defense", so I'm sure we have more than enough fat to trim.

NardDogNation

2/27/2015  8:50 PM
nixluva wrote:I don't know why any Americans continue to vote for these clowns. They've done literally NOTHING to move this country forward. all they do is make this stupid hostage taking where they only hurt the country and then they have to give up on it in the end anyway. I've never seen a political party this messed up in my life.

Because Americans are dumb.....really ****ing dumb. I live in the South and it boogles my mind that so many of these people are allowed to reproduce.

nixluva
USA
2/27/2015  8:53 PM
NardDogNation wrote:
nixluva wrote:I don't know why any Americans continue to vote for these clowns. They've done literally NOTHING to move this country forward. all they do is make this stupid hostage taking where they only hurt the country and then they have to give up on it in the end anyway. I've never seen a political party this messed up in my life.

Because Americans are dumb.....really ****ing dumb. I live in the South and it boogles my mind that so many of these people are allowed to reproduce.

I live in Georgia down below Macon and I can tell you these people had Bush/Cheney sign all over their lawns. They are so blind to the facts. They vote against their own interests every time. They refused to take the Medicaid expansion and all these hospitals are closing. STUPID. People don't know it, but Red States are the ones that take the most Gov't assistance and they get it from the Blue States they hate so much.
NardDogNation

2/27/2015  8:56 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/27/2015  9:08 PM
nixluva wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:

I live in Georgia down below Macon and I can tell you these people had Bush/Cheney sign all over their lawns. They are so blind to the facts. They vote against their own interests every time. They refused to take the Medicaid expansion and all these hospitals are closing. STUPID. People don't know it, but Red States are the ones that take the most Gov't assistance and they get it from the Blue States they hate so much.

+1. I'm on the other side, 1.5 hours north of ATL and it's the same deal.

gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
2/27/2015  8:58 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/27/2015  9:17 PM
Voted Obama last time. Will be voting for Jeb Bush this time. Jeb doesn't lean too far to the right or the left. Unfornately everyoe wants candidates to pick a side and stick with something they don't even believe in.

I am open minded and don't like to be labeled. Just like I am with the Knicks. I just want the best. Really soured on Obama's lack of leadership and ability to unify the nation after the Mike Brown ruling. Race relations is a big thing for me in 2015. I feel like we've been set back 150yrs

NardDogNation

2/27/2015  9:02 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/27/2015  9:04 PM
gunsnewing wrote:Voted Obama last time. Will be voting for Jeb Bush this time. I am open minded and don't like to be labeled. Just like I am with the Knicks. I just want the best. Really soured on Obama's lack of leadership and ability to unite after the Mike Brown ruling

Why don't you have any political conviction? There is so little middle ground politically that I don't understand people that can vote across party lines.

P.S., by what magic spell was Obama going to unite a nation that has never been united?

nixluva
USA
2/27/2015  9:11 PM
gunsnewing wrote:Voted Obama last time. Will be voting for Jeb Bush this time.

I am open minded and don't like to be labeled. Just like I am with the Knicks. I just want the best. Really soured on Obama's lack of leadership and ability to unify the nation after the Mike Brown ruling. Race relations is a big thing for me in 2015. I feel like we've been set back 150yrs

150 yrs??? You went too far back. I still have relatives living who went thru all of the Jim Crow era crap. My grandparents and father and mother are still alive. Heck my wife's grandmother died recently at 94.

The recent issues are not Obama's fault. That's white backlash and the system this country has had since it started enslaving people. They started with the Slave Catchers who policed the Slaves as they moved through town and that just continued to be the stance towards Blacks. To control them and subjugate them and maintain White Supremacy. Nothing has changed in all this time. My family has been here since the 1750's and for most of our time in this country we've been mistreated. If not for the fact that we escaped poverty and got educated, we might still be falling victim to the full force of this racist system. We still deal with it, but not the full force of it like some do.

gunsnewing
USA
2/27/2015  9:21 PM
nixluva wrote:

150 yrs??? You went too far back. I still have relatives living who went thru all of the Jim Crow era crap. My grandparents and father and mother are still alive. Heck my wife's grandmother died recently at 94.

The recent issues are not Obama's fault. That's white backlash and the system this country has had since it started enslaving people. They started with the Slave Catchers who policed the Slaves as they moved through town and that just continued to be the stance towards Blacks. To control them and subjugate them and maintain White Supremacy. Nothing has changed in all this time. My family has been here since the 1750's and for most of our time in this country we've been mistreated. If not for the fact that we escaped poverty and got educated, we might still be falling victim to the full force of this racist system. We still deal with it, but not the full force of it like some do.

yea im gonna take your word. Things aren't perfect.

However you must've missed the hipocracy of the whole thing all over the country. Saw it first hand here in NYC

markvmc
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1797

2/27/2015  9:27 PM
gunsnewing wrote:Voted Obama last time. Will be voting for Jeb Bush this time. Jeb doesn't lean too far to the right or the left. Unfornately everyoe wants candidates to pick a side and stick with something they don't even believe in.

Dammit guns...now I'm gonna have to register just to offset your vote.

NardDogNation

2/27/2015  9:30 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/27/2015  9:33 PM
gunsnewing wrote:
nixluva wrote:

yea im gonna take your word. Things aren't perfect.

However you must've missed the hipocracy of the whole thing all over the country. Saw it first hand here in NYC

What hippocrisy are you talking about? The one where unarmed Black men get killed by the police but the victims are somehow portrayed as the villains of the story? It's always ironic to me how people can justify that but never acknowledge how gun-totting, mass murderers who are Caucasian manage to get captured alive (see John Holmes).

gunsnewing
USA
2/27/2015  9:31 PM
I found that most people formulate their opinions based on the agenda driven news outlet they choose to follow
Cartman718
Member: #1694

2/27/2015  9:37 PM
NardDogNation wrote:
nixluva wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:

+1. I'm on the other side, 1.5 hours north of ATL and it's the same deal.

atl here. maybe we should get together when the knicks come to town next season. i know tkf lives in atl if i am remembering correctly.
republicans are dumb, but u better believe that democrats are not far behind.
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Swishfm3
Member: #392
2/27/2015  9:37 PM
markvmc wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:Voted Obama last time. Will be voting for Jeb Bush this time. Jeb doesn't lean too far to the right or the left. Unfornately everyoe wants candidates to pick a side and stick with something they don't even believe in.

Dammit guns...now I'm gonna have to register just to offset your vote.

lmao

OT: Republican Congress Won't Fund Homeland Security

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy