[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Reggie Jackson a legitimate offseason target
Author Thread
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

2/27/2015  5:47 PM
VCoug wrote:
EnySpree wrote:They might be trying to run a two pg set with Drummond and Monroe inside.

chances are Jennings is out in the near future.

Don't know how Detroit could do that when neither of them can shoot.

Point guard job is to pass not shoot

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
AUTOADVERT
Rookie
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #2274

2/27/2015  6:47 PM
gunsnewing wrote:
smackeddog wrote:Some NY interviewer who recently interviewed Jimmy butler tweeted that if Chicago dont Max him, NY is one of 2 teams he's interested in.

Music to my ears. Like I said in the draft thread. Get me Towns, Monroe & Butler with a decent PG and I will outhomer Nix next year!

I think the most realistic signing this summer is either Monroe or Aldridge. Both of them being FA's and not RFA's I'd give it an 80% likelihood that one of those two are in orange and blue come next season with the advantage going to Aldridge.

gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
2/27/2015  7:40 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/27/2015  7:44 PM
If we don't get Monroe I'd look at signing Love if Cleveland doesn't win it all. I think he will be great in this system with Towns & Melo. Both Monroe & Love are young
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
2/27/2015  7:41 PM
gunsnewing wrote:If we don't get Monroe I'd look at signing Love if Cleveland doesn't win it all. I think he will be great in this system with Towns & Melo
What a rebuild in Cleveland. 11 new guys on their roster. No more Blatt controversy.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
VCoug
Member: #1406

2/27/2015  7:45 PM
EnySpree wrote:
VCoug wrote:
EnySpree wrote:They might be trying to run a two pg set with Drummond and Monroe inside.

And you're saying one of them is starting at shooting guard? How can a team survive such a terrible shooting backcourt?

Now the joy of my world is in Zion How beautiful if nothing more Than to wait at Zion's door I've never been in love like this before Now let me pray to keep you from The perils that will surely come
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

2/27/2015  8:35 PM
VCoug wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
VCoug wrote:

And you're saying one of them is starting at shooting guard? How can a team survive such a terrible shooting backcourt?

It's not that technical. It's not like basketball is a real time strategy game were you put a guy in a slot and he can only operate where you place him.

You stick two point guards out there, they both initiate the offense and take turns scoring. Both guys are good scorers. They don't have to be steve Kerr to be a point guard. They can work an offense around the 2 point guards and two big men. They could make that work.

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
VCoug
Member: #1406

2/27/2015  9:20 PM
EnySpree wrote:
VCoug wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
VCoug wrote:

It's not that technical. It's not like basketball is a real time strategy game were you put a guy in a slot and he can only operate where you place him.

You stick two point guards out there, they both initiate the offense and take turns scoring. Both guys are good scorers. They don't have to be steve Kerr to be a point guard. They can work an offense around the 2 point guards and two big men. They could make that work.

How are they supposed to score when every defense is just going to pack the paint? And Stan Van Gundy is both the coach and the GM; it goes against all of his offensive principles.

Now the joy of my world is in Zion How beautiful if nothing more Than to wait at Zion's door I've never been in love like this before Now let me pray to keep you from The perils that will surely come
TPercy
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #5748

2/27/2015  10:22 PM
I don't want to see this Brickamaniac near the Knicks. Worse than thjr
The Future is Bright!
Finestrg
Member: #1069

2/28/2015  12:03 AM
TPercy wrote:I don't want to see this Brickamaniac near the Knicks. Worse than thjr

I'm with you, man. I want no part of this guy.

holfresh
Member: #1081

2/28/2015  1:17 AM
Jackson thinks he is better than he really is..That trait is always dangerous with a PG..
smackeddog
Member: #883
2/28/2015  4:04 AM
Rookie wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
smackeddog wrote:Some NY interviewer who recently interviewed Jimmy butler tweeted that if Chicago dont Max him, NY is one of 2 teams he's interested in.

Music to my ears. Like I said in the draft thread. Get me Towns, Monroe & Butler with a decent PG and I will outhomer Nix next year!

I think the most realistic signing this summer is either Monroe or Aldridge. Both of them being FA's and not RFA's I'd give it an 80% likelihood that one of those two are in orange and blue come next season with the advantage going to Aldridge.

I think there is a good chance of Monroe, however Aldridge is not happening- he loves Portland, they have near max cap space, he's their franchise player, there's no way he doesn't stay there. He even said he's only opting out so he can sign a 5 year deal with them. If he wanted out he would not be playing with that hand tear. I would say Love is a more realistic possibility.

TPercy

2/28/2015  10:49 AM
holfresh wrote:Jackson thinks he is better than he really is..That trait is always dangerous with a PG..

Yes no wonder they wanted to get rid of him.

The Future is Bright!
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

2/28/2015  11:11 AM
Hope Phil casts a wide net for PG, yikes!
knicks1248
Member: #582
2/28/2015  11:14 AM
TPercy wrote:I don't want to see this Brickamaniac near the Knicks. Worse than thjr

I thought it was just me. He's like plan D or E

ES
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
2/28/2015  11:28 AM
I don't think Phil is going to ignore his BB instincts this summer. He doesn't want chuckers. He wants ball movers and defenders. Guys who do things that make the team as a whole stronger. He wants efficient players. He does need players that can also create but not in a selfish way. Reggie didn't do himself any favors last night. He might've crossed his name off the list with that performance, tho I wouldn't make that final at this point, cuz maybe it was his low point. Still he didn't exactly put on a clinic of smart team BB last night.
TPercy

2/28/2015  11:40 AM
nixluva wrote:I don't think Phil is going to ignore his BB instincts this summer. He doesn't want chuckers. He wants ball movers and defenders. Guys who do things that make the team as a whole stronger. He wants efficient players. He does need players that can also create but not in a selfish way. Reggie didn't do himself any favors last night. He might've crossed his name off the list with that performance, tho I wouldn't make that final at this point, cuz maybe it was his low point. Still he didn't exactly put on a clinic of smart team BB last night.

He played worse than thjr on a bad day, that is more than ared flag for me
The Future is Bright!
Rookie
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #2274

2/28/2015  12:16 PM
nixluva wrote:I don't think Phil is going to ignore his BB instincts this summer. He doesn't want chuckers. He wants ball movers and defenders. Guys who do things that make the team as a whole stronger. He wants efficient players. He does need players that can also create but not in a selfish way. Reggie didn't do himself any favors last night. He might've crossed his name off the list with that performance, tho I wouldn't make that final at this point, cuz maybe it was his low point. Still he didn't exactly put on a clinic of smart team BB last night.

If you watched the pre game interview with Vangundy, he said that he has not gone over any of the offense with Jackson. He doesn't want him thinking, he wants him t just play. That said, he was awful. Had a couple of nice alley pop passes, but that was about it. He did play well for OKC, well enough that coaches and GM's around the league took notice

Reggie Jackson a legitimate offseason target

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy