sidsanders
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #2426

2/2/2015  12:21 PM
jrodmc wrote:
sidsanders wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:Sorry to upset those of you against tanking- I know that this is not something some want to do, but...

Lakers clearly came into the game wanting to lose it. You wonder if Young could be playing. Hill goes out and you know there is no chance for him to return. They need a low lottery pick to have a pick, and you know that the powers above are pushing some buttons to achieve this.

Anthony is taking advantage of a poor Laker team, and he is basically throwing out the triangle concept to do his thing.

Fine in a playoff game, not so fine when the team is supposedly trying to run a system offense.

This is a fool's gold victory.

excellent post. I respect the people for wanting to win even though our season is over however we have a rare oppurtunity to get a high draft pick. Remember next year we have no picks because of the stupid bargnani trade. Also there is a chance we strike out in free agency despite the cap space. Back in 2010 we struck out of the top 3 free agents and settled for amare

Yes do tell us all about the tremendous success we've had historically when we had high draft picks in the ping pong era.

what tremendous success has this team had with FA and trades? they have been awful in most aspects of running a team, should they call it quits and contract the knicks? if they have a high pick, what else are we fans hoping for for the result of it?

Oakley, Spree (to some extent H20), Melo all say hi! Crap, even Stat started out as a monster. Do we have lots of FA nightmares? Sure do. But please try lining up our list of tremendous first round draft picks in that entire time period and let me know how you make out. Hopes and fuzzy draft dreams are nice, but history is reality.

Tanking just doesn't work for this franchise.

the team has had limited draft picks (in my view), and most were shipped out even after being selected or were late rounders (in the 90s at least). anthony trade is not a tremendous success at this point in time -- again in my view (that may change). the others were all 15+ years ago. if we can go back to oak, can you add in ewing, jackson, lee for picks that worked, even strickland to a degree -- and he is an example of one guy that got shipped out early.

bottom line for me is that they may have failed at many aspects of this however it doesnt mean they should not aim for taking advantage of every aspect they can, be that cap space for FAs, trades and the draft. that doesnt mean they are losing on purpose, i think they are that bad. if the result is a top pick, i want that to go well. not sure what else you would want folks to say or do there.

GO TEAM VENTURE!!!!!
AUTOADVERT
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
2/2/2015  1:22 PM
sidsanders wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
sidsanders wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:Sorry to upset those of you against tanking- I know that this is not something some want to do, but...

Lakers clearly came into the game wanting to lose it. You wonder if Young could be playing. Hill goes out and you know there is no chance for him to return. They need a low lottery pick to have a pick, and you know that the powers above are pushing some buttons to achieve this.

Anthony is taking advantage of a poor Laker team, and he is basically throwing out the triangle concept to do his thing.

Fine in a playoff game, not so fine when the team is supposedly trying to run a system offense.

excellent post. I respect the people for wanting to win even though our season is over however we have a rare oppurtunity to get a high draft pick. Remember next year we have no picks because of the stupid bargnani trade. Also there is a chance we strike out in free agency despite the cap space. Back in 2010 we struck out of the top 3 free agents and settled for amare

Yes do tell us all about the tremendous success we've had historically when we had high draft picks in the ping pong era.

what tremendous success has this team had with FA and trades? they have been awful in most aspects of running a team, should they call it quits and contract the knicks? if they have a high pick, what else are we fans hoping for for the result of it?

Oakley, Spree (to some extent H20), Melo all say hi! Crap, even Stat started out as a monster. Do we have lots of FA nightmares? Sure do. But please try lining up our list of tremendous first round draft picks in that entire time period and let me know how you make out. Hopes and fuzzy draft dreams are nice, but history is reality.

the team has had limited draft picks (in my view), and most were shipped out even after being selected or were late rounders (in the 90s at least). anthony trade is not a tremendous success at this point in time -- again in my view (that may change). the others were all 15+ years ago. if we can go back to oak, can you add in ewing, jackson, lee for picks that worked, even strickland to a degree -- and he is an example of one guy that got shipped out early.

bottom line for me is that they may have failed at many aspects of this however it doesnt mean they should not aim for taking advantage of every aspect they can, be that cap space for FAs, trades and the draft. that doesnt mean they are losing on purpose, i think they are that bad. if the result is a top pick, i want that to go well. not sure what else you would want folks to say or do there.

Ewing was drafted prior to ping pong balls. MJax was picked 18th, and Lee was practically a second round pick! that's what you bring? Strickland? possibly the dumbest 19th pick in the history of the NBA? When you draft the rookie of the year at PG with the 18th pick, every genius' go-to move is to draft another PG the very next year, right? And you're holding that up to whatever we've gotten out of FA?

Here, since you have a mental block:
Gallo - #8
Channing Frye #8
Fred Weis - #15
Jordan Hill - #8
Mike Sweetney - #9
Nene - #7

All I'm saying is given our history, IMHO, hoping and praying in the draft is not even close to being a bright bet for this franchise. Who knows, maybe things will change with Phil running the draft. He got what amounts to a D-league beast out of the second round, maybe you're right.

sidsanders
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #2426

2/2/2015  1:45 PM
jrodmc wrote:
sidsanders wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
sidsanders wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

Ewing was drafted prior to ping pong balls. MJax was picked 18th, and Lee was practically a second round pick! that's what you bring? Strickland? possibly the dumbest 19th pick in the history of the NBA? When you draft the rookie of the year at PG with the 18th pick, every genius' go-to move is to draft another PG the very next year, right? And you're holding that up to whatever we've gotten out of FA?

Here, since you have a mental block:
Gallo - #8
Channing Frye #8
Fred Weis - #15
Jordan Hill - #8
Mike Sweetney - #9
Nene - #7

All I'm saying is given our history, IMHO, hoping and praying in the draft is not even close to being a bright bet for this franchise. Who knows, maybe things will change with Phil running the draft. He got what amounts to a D-league beast out of the second round, maybe you're right.

ill say again: bottom line for me is that they may have failed at many aspects of this however it doesnt mean they should not aim for taking advantage of every aspect they can, be that cap space for FAs, trades and the draft.

im not stuck holding out that the draft is the only way to do this. they may have failed with it, however they have failed at almost everything for decades with some spikes of success. jackson had better use every route he can or this team will be running in place like its been for some time.

GO TEAM VENTURE!!!!!
GT:1/31/15:Langsanity vs Linsanity- The Battle of Sanities

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy