Please Stop Coveting "Big Name" Free Agents and Spread The Wealth
Author Thread
misterearl
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #799
USA
2/1/2015  10:22 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/1/2015  10:29 AM
Why Can't Kevin Love Play Defense?

EnySpree wrote:What's funny about trying to get the free agents is the media throes it out there that the Knicks need to do what they can to get so and so..... then when they get here "can they share the ball?"

I'm sick of it really. You hand to manage your team and keep yourself flexible enough to make necessary moves.....necessary moves. We just have to keep building our team.

EnySpree - each night the Atlanta Hawks drop more than 30 assists it reminds The Answer Man of the days when the New York Knicks routinely had seven or eight players in double figures. It was expected.

We were balanced and beautiful.

Uncle Phil's list of free agents is not the flava flav of the month as forwarded by the NY rumor mongers.

My kingdom for a 6'11 rim protector with passing skills, one patented post move, a 12 foot jumper and the ability to switch out on a stretch four if needed. His running buddy should rebound the ball like Oak and own consistency in his jump shot from 19 feet out.

once a knick always a knick
AUTOADVERT
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
2/1/2015  12:45 PM
Sounds like you are describing Karl-Anthony Towns except he is 7ft
misterearl
USA
2/2/2015  10:30 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/2/2015  10:37 AM
Mixed Messages

“I think we owe it to Carmelo to do it the right way. He just signed a contract for five years, he’s 30 years old. We don’t have 10 years to figure this out. So, for us, we’re right in the middle of, ‘We need to do some things right away, as soon as we can.’ But at the same time, not necessarily put ourselves in the same position we’ve been in the last few years where we try to get a get a bunch of guys that don’t have favorable contracts that don’t allow you to plan for the future.”

- Derek Fisher

“The time is now. The time is now to kind of start building for the future. I don’t think we can wait. Not just for my sake, just in general, I think the time is now. The window is now. I think we’ve got to take advantage of that.”

There is no window open. There is no building for now. Are we a franchise building in a strategic, patient, and deliberate manner or is Uncle Phil is competing with Melo's biological clock?

If the time is "now" to start building for the future, you trade Melo to the Bulls for dreck and cut them when the season ends.

I miss Lazaro Borrell

misterearl
USA
2/3/2015  4:46 PM
There’s been a feeling within the league the Knicks will try to spread around their $30 million-plus of 2015 cap space not on a maximum superstar such as Marc Gasol or LaMarcus Aldridge, but on more than one player from a second tier of players that includes Paul Millsap, Wesley Matthews, Draymond Green, Goran Dragic, Tobias Harris and Greg Monroe.
smackeddog
Member: #883
2/3/2015  4:56 PM
misterearl wrote:There’s been a feeling within the league the Knicks will try to spread around their $30 million-plus of 2015 cap space not on a maximum superstar such as Marc Gasol or LaMarcus Aldridge, but on more than one player from a second tier of players that includes Paul Millsap, Wesley Matthews, Draymond Green, Goran Dragic, Tobias Harris and Greg Monroe.

Replace tobias Harris with Danny green, and I'd be delighted with any of those

Knicks1969
Member: #5915

2/3/2015  5:05 PM
smackeddog wrote:
misterearl wrote:There’s been a feeling within the league the Knicks will try to spread around their $30 million-plus of 2015 cap space not on a maximum superstar such as Marc Gasol or LaMarcus Aldridge, but on more than one player from a second tier of players that includes Paul Millsap, Wesley Matthews, Draymond Green, Goran Dragic, Tobias Harris and Greg Monroe.

Green will not leave the Spurs. He is not stupid

Thank God Fisher is no longer our coach, now let's get Calderon out of here:)
Knicks1969
Member: #5915

2/3/2015  5:06 PM
misterearl wrote:Mixed Messages

“I think we owe it to Carmelo to do it the right way. He just signed a contract for five years, he’s 30 years old. We don’t have 10 years to figure this out. So, for us, we’re right in the middle of, ‘We need to do some things right away, as soon as we can.’ But at the same time, not necessarily put ourselves in the same position we’ve been in the last few years where we try to get a get a bunch of guys that don’t have favorable contracts that don’t allow you to plan for the future.”

- Derek Fisher

“The time is now. The time is now to kind of start building for the future. I don’t think we can wait. Not just for my sake, just in general, I think the time is now. The window is now. I think we’ve got to take advantage of that.”

There is no window open. There is no building for now. Are we a franchise building in a strategic, patient, and deliberate manner or is Uncle Phil is competing with Melo's biological clock?

If the time is "now" to start building for the future, you trade Melo to the Bulls for dreck and cut them when the season ends.

I miss Lazaro Borrell

Fisher needs to hush

Thank God Fisher is no longer our coach, now let's get Calderon out of here:)
smackeddog
Member: #883
2/4/2015  2:43 AM
Knicks1969 wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

Green will not leave the Spurs. He is not stupid

Duncan and Ginobili will likely retire this offseason. Their coach may retire soon too. We could likely offer him more money than they would be willing to. I think it's a possibility.

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

2/4/2015  7:52 AM
smackeddog wrote:The big name things boring- they ain't going to happen. The Hawks and Pistons have shown you don't even need big names to succeed. I just want us to target two way, non-flashy, good character players, and build on that. Try to get two of: Dragic, Wes Mathews and Beverley. Hope we get Towns or OK4 for the front court, and see if we can get robin Lopez, Asik or Monroe, depending on who we draft.

A team with a balanced roster, no JRs to deal with, is also a much more attractive destination to a star in their peak years, than a team a few seasons away from being a threat.

misterearl
USA
2/4/2015  9:09 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/4/2015  9:19 AM
I'm Just Here So I Don't Get Fined

Knicks1969 wrote:
Fisher needs to hush

“If you don’t enjoy [teaching] maybe this isn’t where you want to be. I’m enjoying that aspect of it. That’s where the relationships with your players are truly built, in the teaching and in helping guys evolve and see the game a certain way.” - Derek Fisher

Knicks1969 - hush? What happened to Fisher's obligation to speak?

Really?

Please Stop Coveting "Big Name" Free Agents and Spread The Wealth

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy