[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

I like that we have carmelo
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
1/27/2015  4:17 PM
And I think he has showed the signs of playing well with younger players when we had that 3 game w streak. Having melo will really help next year it will give us a massive leg up to get out of the whole the organization is in. He can play a team brand and I'm excited moving 4ward. The only thing that we do need out of melo is to take care of his knee for the teams long term prospects.
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
H1AND1
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5648

1/27/2015  4:19 PM
This should be a fun thread.
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
1/27/2015  4:27 PM
I can go either way next year as long as we have a better team next year. My preferrence though is to trade Melo. I would just like to start fresh and go forward with a new cast.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/27/2015  4:29 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/27/2015  4:32 PM
I like melo too!!!!!

Lets sing a song childrens.......

I like Melo, he's a hoot!
I like Melo, He plays with Yoot!

I like Melo in the morning or night....
I like Melo even though he and Mardy fight!

I like Melo I don't an excuse.....
I like Melo but not Syracuse!

I Like Melo, but I'd rather get laid...
I Like Melo, but he has a no-trade!

I like Melo, just saying his name....
I LIke Melo and who ever to blame!

I like Melo with haters even those...
I like Melo and Honey nut Cheerio's!

I like Melo all nip and tuck.....
I like Melo and all that is Starphuck!!

StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

1/27/2015  4:31 PM
H1AND1 wrote:This should be a fun thread.
yup should be intersting lol. For better or worse he is here to stay so we have to hope he buys in. Im more excited about the draft and who phil goes after in free agency
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

1/27/2015  4:34 PM
If you think about it.... melo was the first free agent signing by phil. Think of it that way and ignore the past because Phil had nothing to do with that. The future is so bright and is worth turning your energy towards the journey going forward. We're going to be really good. We just have to be patient.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
smackeddog
Member: #883
1/27/2015  4:35 PM
If we can sift through our roster and d league this season and find our bench for next year, land a top pick in the draft then sign 3 good quality, 2 way players via free agency, to put next to Melo, then hopefully we're in pretty good shape
StarksEwing1

1/27/2015  4:36 PM
EnySpree wrote:If you think about it.... melo was the first free agent signing by phil. Think of it that way and ignore the past because Phil had nothing to do with that. The future is so bright and is worth turning your energy towards the journey going forward. We're going to be really good. We just have to be patient.
i still think dolan had a major influence on the decision which sadly isnt the first time
misterearl
Member: #799
USA
1/27/2015  4:48 PM
$125M buys a lot of resentment.

Sign Langston.

It ain't my money.

once a knick always a knick
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

1/27/2015  4:48 PM
The big issue for is what position he is able to play. Not sure he can play significant minutes defending at SF- he is going to be worn out chasing certain SFs. He should be more comfortable dealing with stretch 4s on D, and his lower body is strong enough for him to hold his own down in the block.

I know he is injured, but I thought he started getting his shots blocked more frequently last year, too, and lets face it, the refs seem to give him little respect when he goes to the basket and there is contact.

His future position has to influence future FA signings and perhaps draft strategies, IMO.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
1/27/2015  4:50 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
EnySpree wrote:If you think about it.... melo was the first free agent signing by phil. Think of it that way and ignore the past because Phil had nothing to do with that. The future is so bright and is worth turning your energy towards the journey going forward. We're going to be really good. We just have to be patient.
i still think dolan had a major influence on the decision which sadly isnt the first time

I don't think it had to do with Dolan. Had more to do with Phil not having much options. Letting Melo walk for nothing wasnt a reasonable option for a president when u factor everything in.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
1/27/2015  4:53 PM
BRIGGS wrote:And I think he has showed the signs of playing well with younger players when we had that 3 game w streak. Having melo will really help next year it will give us a massive leg up to get out of the whole the organization is in. He can play a team brand and I'm excited moving 4ward. The only thing that we do need out of melo is to take care of his knee for the teams long term prospects.

Completely agree. We need a face for this franchise that's on the floor, more than happy with it being him as we rebuild.

StarksEwing1

1/27/2015  5:15 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

I don't think it had to do with Dolan. Had more to do with Phil not having much options. Letting Melo walk for nothing wasnt a reasonable option for a president when u factor everything in.

no i agree with that. Considering we gave up a kings ransom to get him losing him for nothing would have sucked. I was kinda hoping for a sign and trade in order to get picks and some good pieces. I didnt mind resigning him but it was a ton of money. I still think melo is the perfect 2nd guy on a contending team
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

1/27/2015  5:21 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

no i agree with that. Considering we gave up a kings ransom to get him losing him for nothing would have sucked. I was kinda hoping for a sign and trade in order to get picks and some good pieces. I didnt mind resigning him but it was a ton of money. I still think melo is the perfect 2nd guy on a contending team

phil made it clear that melo could sign or not it was up to him...the knicks were going to move forward regardless....Phil actually said that. I feel confident we would be on the same path we are now without Melo....all roads point to 2015 draft and off season....no matter how you look at it, that was always the focal point.

so it still comes down to being patient and really studying what the next move is going to be. were in a better position than a lot of teams, even playoff teams as far as the future is concerned.

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
StarksEwing1

1/27/2015  5:26 PM
EnySpree wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

phil made it clear that melo could sign or not it was up to him...the knicks were going to move forward regardless....Phil actually said that. I feel confident we would be on the same path we are now without Melo....all roads point to 2015 draft and off season....no matter how you look at it, that was always the focal point.

so it still comes down to being patient and really studying what the next move is going to be. were in a better position than a lot of teams, even playoff teams as far as the future is concerned.

i hope you are right but ALOT of things have to right. First off im very big on draft picks so hopefully we either win the lottery or be in top 4. Now im happy we have cap space BUT we need to hit a homerun. Remember back in 2010 we had all that cap space for that great free agent class and only got amare. Not trying to be negative just pointing out possibility that not everything will work out
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
1/27/2015  5:39 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

i hope you are right but ALOT of things have to right. First off im very big on draft picks so hopefully we either win the lottery or be in top 4. Now im happy we have cap space BUT we need to hit a homerun. Remember back in 2010 we had all that cap space for that great free agent class and only got amare. Not trying to be negative just pointing out possibility that not everything will work out

The thing is that after Atlanta there will be less pressure to try and go only for big names and more incentive to just build a team the smart way. Phil has a small bit of evidence in how the team has responded since the trade of JR and Shump and release of Daly. The guys left are giving more effort and playing more team ball. It just shows how much difference it can make when you have players who give 100% and buy in.

I think this is going to be a good off season and a big transition year. Phil has his chance to build his team HIS way and I think he's excited by the prospect of building with his type of guys. There will be a good number of lower cost players who are very productive and can fit into a team oriented system.

mreinman
Member: #3189

1/27/2015  5:48 PM
and carmelo is happy that he has us.

group hug

so here is what phil is thinking ....
TPercy
Member: #5748

1/27/2015  6:00 PM
to be honest, if Melo can continue to play like how he did against Magic and Pelicans (hit a few more open shots) and stay healthy throughout his 5 years that he is here then I won't have much of a problem with him, problem is, is that it wont likely happen till proven otherwise.
The Future is Bright!
nyk4ever
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #848
USA
1/27/2015  6:34 PM
alot of folks here are pretty stupid about melo. yeah, we gave him a little too much money, but i think he'll be solid to build around. not many teams vying for the #1 lotto pick can say they have a 28ppg/7rpg guy ready to go for next year. between melo, a top draft pick and FA, i think we are set up nicely.
"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
1/27/2015  6:47 PM
nyk4ever wrote:alot of folks here are pretty stupid about melo. yeah, we gave him a little too much money, but i think he'll be solid to build around. not many teams vying for the #1 lotto pick can say they have a 28ppg/7rpg guy ready to go for next year. between melo, a top draft pick and FA, i think we are set up nicely.

I agree. I think this is what Phil was thinking. He basically said to himself that he was starting his FA signing early by locking up Melo. Now he has one less core player hole to fill. It's hard to get players on that level and from what we know about the FA's this year it's gonna be extremely hard to pluck off one of the top FA's from their current team.

So now Phil locks up one core player and will likely draft another. That leaves him with having to make smart choices in Free Agency this year and adding solid team players which he should be able to do with the amount of cap space he has available.

I like that we have carmelo

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy