[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Anybody really like this team?
Author Thread
john44
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #115
USA
12/6/2001  4:06 PM
i think your right about the money. i think we need either a dominant point guard or center then we can let guys like postell and knight play and see if they can be players or not. with a very good point or center they can make up for postell out there or a knight.
Matt
AUTOADVERT
Caseloads
Member: #41
12/6/2001  4:38 PM
Posted by john44:

i think your right about the money. i think we need either a dominant point guard or center then we can let guys like postell and knight play and see if they can be players or not. with a very good point or center they can make up for postell out there or a knight.
It all starts at the point, look at New Jeru - Jason Kidd is making guys who looked washed up and like duds last year like allstars - we just basically need to make some sort of push to draft Jason Williams out of Duke, trade whoever, we need an Andre Miller or something. Payton is not the answer, he's too selfish
knicksbabyyeah
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #100
Netherlands
12/6/2001  7:08 PM
Actually I responded to caseloads his claim that the upcoming draft isn't all that. Well there are some very good players in there and especially Juan Carlos Navarro is being seriously overlooked as a late second rounder.

Why look into the draft now? This is a response to the subject of this post, do we even like these Knicks? You could also think about it like this, we can't in anyway become the champions of the NBA this season. We might as well get the eight seed in the playoffs and try our luck but still have some very good available draft picks handy. Include a 2nd round pick from the celts and we might even be able to trade our picks up for one higher pick. We could also try to buy the clips second rounder. ah well, just a little more then a week before the trading deadline ends. I'm more then curious what swaps will happen.
knickgeek
Member: #46
USA
12/7/2001  10:49 AM
Posted by Caseloads:

the reason we'll never find out is that NY has a "win now at all costs mentality" and that's never going to get anyone other than the starters anywhere. I hope the other boys in blue are learning/ maturing in practice. I wouldn't mind trading anderson and letting postell play if postell's D is okay. the only thing about postell is he doesn't seem to understand the game and when he gets minutes he seems to rush everything and doesn't let the game come to him, he forces things... like jump shots. He needs to come in, play some good D and drive to the hoop and use some of his youthfulness and athleticsm instead of taking jumpers - taking Jumpers is allan houston's job. And since spree is slashing to the hoop less and less often, that job is open, Postell, you interested in filling the position?

That's one of the things I liked about him the first couple of times I saw him - he came in and got a couple of dunks. He was more able to score than the other "garbage time" players. He seems to have energy and a good work ethic, but he is probably trying too hard to prove himself.

gfella2121
Member: #45
12/7/2001  5:33 PM
Whoever says that the Knicks should throw the season just for a #15+ draft pick is out of their freakin mind. You do not throw away a season when you are about .500 and only 20 games into a season. Besides, as soon as it becomes obvious that you're slipping, you begin to lose the confidence and the effort of your talented starters. Before you know it you're the Heat with a +12 losing streak. Which I can't wait, 4 more straight losses and they beat their franchise losing record. Listen to all those so called Knicks fans, grow a set of balls and get your head out of the Laker's ***. I don't care if they do not win another game this season, I will still be there cheering them to win!!
knicksbabyyeah
Netherlands
12/7/2001  7:38 PM
Relax qfella, nobody's talking about throwing the season.

However, would you not like us getting the 8th seed and try to rekindle that 99 spirit where we were underdogs as well?

I will always root for our Knicks to win it all but would like to see a more structurally sane roster. Oh and a different GM would be nice.
john44
Member: #115
USA
12/7/2001  8:24 PM
do you realize how hard that was for the knicks to make it to the finals. one bad bounce and we were knocked out of the first round. also every round you dont have home court that was a once in a life time thing.
Matt
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
12/7/2001  8:46 PM
Posted by Caseloads:

oh, and there is a trade rumor on the top shelf that keeps flying around in certain circles - Marcus Camby for Lamar Odom. The salaries don't match though, so i think it's more like:

Camby and Spoon/Harrington/Thomas for Odom and Kandi.

holy cow... is this from a semi-respectable site/source? Hadn't heard this one before.

Camby and Thomas for Odom and Kandi-man. That's an interesting one.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
knicksbabyyeah
Netherlands
12/8/2001  7:08 AM
Posted by john44:

do you realize how hard that was for the knicks to make it to the finals. one bad bounce and we were knocked out of the first round. also every round you dont have home court that was a once in a life time thing.

Yup, and I loved every agonizing minute of it. Home advantage or not, we're going to have to fight every inch of the way. So we might as well be the underdog as that might give us the extra spark that we need.
Anybody really like this team?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy