[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Official 2015 NBA Knick Draft Thread....
Author Thread
GodSaveTheKnicks
Alba Posts: 21
Member: #1207
USA
5/21/2015  6:38 PM    LAST EDITED: 5/21/2015  6:42 PM
Go here: http://www.nbadraft.net/

Click on History and go through previous drafts. It should become very clear in a hurry that

a) You can get really, really good players with picks outside the top 3, top 5, top 10, etc

Peep the 2010 draft as an example

# 5 Demarcus Cousins
# 7 Greg Monroe
# 11 Paul George
# 18 Eric Bledsoe
# 19 Avery Bradley

b) It's all a crapshoot. You can end up with the 4th pick and take a Wesley Johnson, Ekpe Udoh (6)

c) The Knicks will find a way to F this up

See: 2009

We theoretically could have ended up with a very solid backcourt of

Ty Lawson/Danny Green
Jrue Holliday/Green
Jeff Teague/Green
Patrick Beverly/Demar DeRozan

We instead took Jordan Hill (not terrible btw) and Toney Douglas. Sigh.

Pray to the Basketball Gods y'all.

Let's try to elevate the level of discourse in this byeetch. Please
AUTOADVERT
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
5/21/2015  10:40 PM
I wish I could see Justice Winslow's handles and jumper up close. I really wonder if his dribble drive is stronger than I have seen. We have no idea about vertical lift--no pre draft video of his jumpshot. Hes not a top 3 pick why is his agent hiding him?? I read the T wolves firmly had him out of their top 7 and that came from their beat writer who has broke rel time 1st hand Wolves stories--and he also thinks OK4 is going 1.

But on Winslow I wish there was something that gave me the ability to see if he can have a Harden-like effect to the game? Harden had that 2nd year and maybe just maybe if Winslow did--he mightve shown it moreso. Its hard to say he played more 4 than 1-2.

RIP Crushalot😞
BRIGGS
5/21/2015  10:45 PM
GodSaveTheKnicks wrote:Go here: http://www.nbadraft.net/

Click on History and go through previous drafts. It should become very clear in a hurry that

a) You can get really, really good players with picks outside the top 3, top 5, top 10, etc

Peep the 2010 draft as an example

# 5 Demarcus Cousins
# 7 Greg Monroe
# 11 Paul George
# 18 Eric Bledsoe
# 19 Avery Bradley

b) It's all a crapshoot. You can end up with the 4th pick and take a Wesley Johnson, Ekpe Udoh (6)

c) The Knicks will find a way to F this up

See: 2009

We theoretically could have ended up with a very solid backcourt of

Ty Lawson/Danny Green
Jrue Holliday/Green
Jeff Teague/Green
Patrick Beverly/Demar DeRozan

We instead took Jordan Hill (not terrible btw) and Toney Douglas. Sigh.

Pray to the Basketball Gods y'all.

I agree GSK. I WISH WISH we had the opportunity to trade down in one of those years you get picks 10-14 and 22 for pick 4. Minnesota couple of years back got Muhammed and Dieng for pick 9--Burke. Thats EXACTLY the type of move WE need.

RIP Crushalot😞
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
5/21/2015  10:45 PM
BRIGGS wrote:I wish I could see Justice Winslow's handles and jumper up close. I really wonder if his dribble drive is stronger than I have seen. We have no idea about vertical lift--no pre draft video of his jumpshot. Hes not a top 3 pick why is his agent hiding him?? I read the T wolves firmly had him out of their top 7 and that came from their beat writer who has broke rel time 1st hand Wolves stories--and he also thinks OK4 is going 1.

But on Winslow I wish there was something that gave me the ability to see if he can have a Harden-like effect to the game? Harden had that 2nd year and maybe just maybe if Winslow did--he mightve shown it moreso. Its hard to say he played more 4 than 1-2.

And he measured out as a 2.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
BRIGGS
5/21/2015  11:35 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:I wish I could see Justice Winslow's handles and jumper up close. I really wonder if his dribble drive is stronger than I have seen. We have no idea about vertical lift--no pre draft video of his jumpshot. Hes not a top 3 pick why is his agent hiding him?? I read the T wolves firmly had him out of their top 7 and that came from their beat writer who has broke rel time 1st hand Wolves stories--and he also thinks OK4 is going 1.

Yeah but if he had handle to play like Harden--theyre about the same size.

RIP Crushalot😞
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
5/21/2015  11:48 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Yeah but if he had handle to play like Harden--theyre about the same size.

If. I don't think he does at this point. I don't watch a lot of college ball but I watched Duke 5 times this year. I like Winslow a lot but I think Mudiay has a shot to be really special. I have no problem with the Knicks taking Winslow. I just think Mudiay will be the 2nd or third best player in the draft wen it is looked at historically.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
FistOfOakley
Member: #3075

5/22/2015  12:08 AM

Winslow is definitely not the same as Harden although with his drives to the basket and his eurosteps he can look like him at times... he's def not as creative as harden which is harden's greatest strength...

what they do share is good shot selection.. most of winslows points came in the paint or in 3pt land ... and he stayed out of the mid range for the most part which is good... he made the comparison himself and usually it's wrong but i think in his case it's pretty spot on.. he's a combo of jimmy butler and kawhi leonard... and he has a very good chance of getting there...

dk7th
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4228
USA
5/22/2015  8:17 AM
CrushAlot wrote:

sure he does but he also plays bigger than he is-- he is a swingman and the triangle kind of promotes that kind of versatility.

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
5/22/2015  10:59 AM
I'm getting this weird gitchy feeling that the Lakers may not want Okafor and/or may be willing to trade with the Knicks. If the Lakers covet Mudiay, perhaps Okafor isn't out of play for us yet. It may be wishful thinking... but it may be a possibility.
¿ △ ?
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
5/22/2015  1:39 PM
crzymdups wrote:I'm getting this weird gitchy feeling that the Lakers may not want Okafor and/or may be willing to trade with the Knicks. If the Lakers covet Mudiay, perhaps Okafor isn't out of play for us yet. It may be wishful thinking... but it may be a possibility.

I feel like this may be the easiest position to be in here. Obviously #1 would have been the dream, but the cream of the crop goes 4 deep and each guy plays a position of need for us. Just take whichever of the top 4 drops. (Mudiay obviously being tossed out there as the expected #4; don't over think it, just go with it).

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

5/22/2015  2:40 PM
From Berman so.....

There are multiple reports Lakers brass isn’t locked in on either of the draft’s top two projected picks, big men Karl-Anthony Towns or Jahlil Okafor. The reports have suggested intrigue in mystery point guard Emmanuel Mudiay, who played his season out of high school in China, and Ohio State point guard D’Angelo Russell.
If the Lakers are indeed looking to pass, it could change the Knicks’ plans at 4 as they have been focused on looking at options in trading down. The Lakers could be letting out those vibes to ensure Mudiay and Russell agree to work out. They also could be sending out a signal they would be willing to trade down a couple of notches.
smackeddog
Member: #883
5/22/2015  3:02 PM
GustavBahler wrote:From Berman so.....

There are multiple reports Lakers brass isn’t locked in on either of the draft’s top two projected picks, big men Karl-Anthony Towns or Jahlil Okafor. The reports have suggested intrigue in mystery point guard Emmanuel Mudiay, who played his season out of high school in China, and Ohio State point guard D’Angelo Russell.
If the Lakers are indeed looking to pass, it could change the Knicks’ plans at 4 as they have been focused on looking at options in trading down. The Lakers could be letting out those vibes to ensure Mudiay and Russell agree to work out. They also could be sending out a signal they would be willing to trade down a couple of notches.

I suppose if the Lakers are confident of landing Love, it makes more sense to land Russell, giving them a team of:

PG- Clarkson
SG- Russell
SF- Kobe
PF- Randle
C- Love

That's a nice foundation to build on once Kobe retires and the cap goes up.

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

5/22/2015  3:09 PM    LAST EDITED: 5/22/2015  3:10 PM
smackeddog wrote:

I suppose if the Lakers are confident of landing Love, it makes more sense to land Russell, giving them a team of:

PG- Clarkson
SG- Russell
SF- Kobe
PF- Randle
C- Love

Yes it is, Lakers would have their box office attraction in Russell after Kobe retires, and the players around Kobe to maybe surprise some teams in the playoffs

Would be good news for us to maybe have a shot at Okafor or Towns.

smackeddog
5/22/2015  3:27 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

PG- Clarkson
SG- Russell
SF- Kobe
PF- Randle
C- Love

Yes it is, Lakers would have their box office attraction in Russell after Kobe retires, and the players around Kobe to maybe surprise some teams in the playoffs

Would be good news for us to maybe have a shot at Okafor or Towns.

Plus they could then go after Durant next offseason and he would fit in with those guys perfectly

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
5/23/2015  12:48 AM
Lakers can Trade Philly their pick for the 3 and Joel Embiid, Philly takes Oka4 and Lakers get a prospect big.
Too high a price, OK, what else can philly give Lakers?
Or, Lakers can trade the 2 for Westbook and have a better guard. OKC gets the relief. Maybe Durant would enjoy having Oka4 and OKC gets salary relief.

Maybe whats missing is Lakers signing either monroe or Gasol and then drafting Russell or Mundiay. What can we give them? A no. pick protected of course to 15. Like wise we can do the same. Sign Monroe and whose left.

gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
5/23/2015  7:01 AM
crzymdups wrote:I'm getting this weird gitchy feeling that the Lakers may not want Okafor and/or may be willing to trade with the Knicks. If the Lakers covet Mudiay, perhaps Okafor isn't out of play for us yet. It may be wishful thinking... but it may be a possibility.

Unfortunately OK4 doesn't excite me. It's Towns I want. I'm almost considering taking Mudiay & Russell over OK4

crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
5/23/2015  10:00 AM
gunsnewing wrote:

Unfortunately OK4 doesn't excite me. It's Towns I want. I'm almost considering taking Mudiay & Russell over OK4

yeah, that Towns ship? it's sailed

¿ △ ?
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
5/23/2015  11:22 AM
I want who I can't have even more when I can't have him. If okay drops, then I don't want him. Then I want the guy who went before him.
smackeddog
5/23/2015  12:05 PM
Nalod wrote:I want who I can't have even more when I can't have him. If okay drops, then I don't want him. Then I want the guy who went before him.

A true Knicks fan

dk7th
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4228
USA
5/23/2015  12:15 PM
Nalod wrote:I want who I can't have even more when I can't have him. If okay drops, then I don't want him. Then I want the guy who went before him.

okafor = okay four?

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
Official 2015 NBA Knick Draft Thread....

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy