[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Official 2015 NBA Knick Draft Thread....
Author Thread
mreinman
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3189

5/20/2015  2:53 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:What if Love and the Lakers have a handshake deal can you pair Okafor with Love?

great offense terrible defense.

I think that Love does not just want to be a stretch like he was in cleveland and wants the ball more in the post

so here is what phil is thinking ....
AUTOADVERT
yellowboy90
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3538

5/20/2015  2:58 PM
mreinman wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:What if Love and the Lakers have a handshake deal can you pair Okafor with Love?

I think that Love does not just want to be a stretch like he was in cleveland and wants the ball more in the post

Would you draft Russell if you knew Love was in the bag?

mreinman

5/20/2015  3:01 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:
mreinman wrote:

at number 4? absolutely.

we would have to compensate for the defense but offensively that would be great.

Lets remember that Phoenix was not a defensive team yet they found some defenders to cover (e.g. marion) and gave themselves a good chance to win it all (and they clearly could have that year and barring other injury plagued years)

You need to be better than the other team. Sometimes you are better defensively, sometimes offensively, sometimes a little better at both.

You need to be able to hit shots.

smackeddog
Member: #883
5/20/2015  3:05 PM

Think of the defense!

smackeddog
5/20/2015  3:07 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:
mreinman wrote:

Lakers fans seem to be willing to consider drafting Russell (also Randle doesn't really fit well with OK4). Doesn't make any difference to us though- Sixers would snap up OK4 if he fell, and maybe trade Embiid for another pick

mreinman

5/20/2015  3:08 PM
smackeddog wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
mreinman wrote:

Lakers fans seem to be willing to consider drafting Russell (also Randle doesn't really fit well with OK4). Doesn't make any difference to us though- Sixers would snap up OK4 if he fell, and maybe trade Embiid for another pick

I agree with this.

they pick based on value not need (at least for now)

yellowboy90

5/20/2015  3:09 PM
mreinman wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
mreinman wrote:

at number 4? absolutely.

we would have to compensate for the defense but offensively that would be great.

Lets remember that Phoenix was not a defensive team yet they found some defenders to cover (e.g. marion) and gave themselves a good chance to win it all (and they clearly could have that year and barring other injury plagued years)

You need to be better than the other team. Sometimes you are better defensively, sometimes offensively, sometimes a little better at both.

No, I mean at #2 if you were a Laker GM. Can the Lakers pass on Okafor. Well since you think he is Al Jefferson I may know our answer, but put yourself in LAs shoes

mreinman

5/20/2015  3:12 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:
mreinman wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
mreinman wrote:

at number 4? absolutely.

No, I mean at #2 if you were a Laker GM. Can the Lakers pass on Okafor. Well since you think he is Al Jefferson I may know our answer, but put yourself in LAs shoes

I think they have to take him.

if the knicks picked 2 they I would take him as well.

smackeddog
5/20/2015  3:15 PM
mreinman wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
mreinman wrote:

I agree with this.

It would actually be a nice move- I think Embiid is a big injury risk, and Noels and OK4 would complement each other (though lack of shooting would be a worry. Plus they could then also draft Herzonja or Mudiay, who they could either keep or trade later.

yellowboy90

5/20/2015  3:15 PM
Where the check is Joe Dinars when you need him
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
5/20/2015  5:22 PM
mreinman wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
mreinman wrote:

I agree with this.

Hinkie did a lot of overseas scouting as well. He is reported to have gone to some of Mudiay and Prozingis games.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
mreinman

5/20/2015  5:31 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
mreinman wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
mreinman wrote:

I agree with this.

Hinkie did a lot of overseas scouting as well. He is reported to have gone to some of Mudiay and Prozingis games.

yes. I mentioned this in another thread.

Hinkie was the only GM to see Mudiay play in China.

I think that Phil may have put some thought into him in his steam shower

CrushAlot
USA
5/20/2015  6:03 PM
mreinman wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
mreinman wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
mreinman wrote:

I agree with this.

Maybe or maybe Phil knows how to delegate. It also was reported that the Knicks had scouts following Mudiay.
mreinman

5/20/2015  6:38 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
mreinman wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
mreinman wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
mreinman wrote:

I agree with this.

Maybe or maybe Phil knows how to delegate. It also was reported that the Knicks had scouts following Mudiay.

yeah ... you know thats weak. He is just too old to compete with the youngins. This happens everyday in corporate.

mattshaw78
Alba Posts: 52
Member: #915
5/21/2015  7:38 AM
BlueSeats "I like anyone who can make Lebron cry. Melo seems to do it a lot."
smackeddog
5/21/2015  11:05 AM
mattshaw78 wrote:

This draft is at least 4 deep- our choice is:

a) Gamble on Mudiay, who has the biggest upside of all our options
b) Go for the more certain valuable starters Winslow or WCS
c) take a gamble on the wildcard euro's
d) trade down

I honestly have no idea!

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
5/21/2015  2:29 PM
mreinman wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
mreinman wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
mreinman wrote:

I agree with this.

You have tabs on phil's activities and on Gaines, warkentein and Gabriel?
You are really something!

mreinman

5/21/2015  2:47 PM
Nalod wrote:
mreinman wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
mreinman wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
mreinman wrote:

I agree with this.

easy buddy ...

http://www.slamonline.com/nba/report-sam-hinkie-was-only-gm-to-see-emmanuel-mudiay-play-in-person-in-china/

just relax

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
5/21/2015  5:01 PM
Then cite your info instead of prancing around like you all special!

BTW< Bleacher writes that before the draft was held. I can't see either Wolves or (cough, cough) Lakers passing on the bigs.

I don't see a single reason why philly would would trade down Unless they fear Lakers are going for their guy. I'd be thrilled if that happend as it leaves us whom ever Wolves don't take, but I don't expect that. Just my gut.

I don't see much info coming out from knicks as to who they prefer because you don't want to draft the OTHER ONE and have it out there. No trade will happen until after the draft.
Most of the rumors usually don't turn out but the easiest thing is for us to sign Greg Monroe (well discussed for months) and draft a stud guard.
Anything else will have some drama to it. WCS should be interesting.

CrushAlot
USA
5/21/2015  5:40 PM
mreinman wrote:
Nalod wrote:
mreinman wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
mreinman wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
mreinman wrote:

I agree with this.

easy buddy ...

http://www.slamonline.com/nba/report-sam-hinkie-was-only-gm-to-see-emmanuel-mudiay-play-in-person-in-china/

just relax

The Zwerling article that they quote is really good. I posted it in the Mudiay thread a couple of days ago. Definitely worth reading. Too bad Jared isn't on the Knicks beat. Bleacher Report has a ton of good writers but I rarely find their stuff for some reason.
Official 2015 NBA Knick Draft Thread....

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy