[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Official 2015 NBA Knick Draft Thread....
Author Thread
WaltLongmire
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5843

1/20/2015  9:20 PM
It would seem that we are hitching our wagons to Carmelo for the next few years...

How does this influence our pick?

Does his eventual move to PF make any kind of difference in who we pick?

Do we consider the "NBA ready" label to be more important than "upside" or "potential" because our window of opportunity with Anthony may be closing faster than some think?

Should we be picking BPA even if it means a slower rebuild?

If two players are rated 95 on a scale of 100, do we take the high BB IQ guy with good athletic ability, or the uber athlete with only an average BB IQ?

Just wondering.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
AUTOADVERT
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
1/20/2015  11:19 PM
Towns showed the attraction of defense tonight. He had 7-8 blocks in less than 20 minutes. He didnt rebound or shoot well at all but he controlled the paint on several occasions that helped Kentucky out of mini runs by Vanderbilt. I would love if he could put each facet of the game together--even in pieces but you cant ignore such dominance on the defensive end. The one thing that also skewed--Kentucky players can overplay the ball and not worry about FT--which gives them a competitive advantage.
RIP Crushalot😞
Cartman718
Member: #1694

1/20/2015  11:53 PM
with a top 3 pick... you have to pick someone who is going to be:
a. a superstar potential
b. passion for learning
c. last but not the least....durability durability durability... these chances don't come often. and especially for the knicks.
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
1/21/2015  12:23 AM
I was reading an article and they went into detail about how strong the Knicks chances of getting a top pick are and it makes it clear that if they end up with the worst record they can't fall past #4, so yeah it would really be a good thing to end up with that worst record in terms of being sure to have a chance at a real impact player.

The top seed owns a 25 percent chance at the first pick, 64.3 percent at a top-3 selection. The No. 1 seed also can’t fall further than fourth.

My Top picks.

1. Okafor
2. Towns
3. Mudiay
4. Russell
5. Johnson
6. WC Stein
7. Oubre
8. Kaminsky
9. Winslow
10 Turner

FistOfOakley
Member: #3075

1/21/2015  12:26 AM
it behooves us to take the best player available... melo is going to be with us for the foreseeable future but we need a LOT of talent...
mreinman
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3189

1/21/2015  12:27 AM
nixluva wrote:I was reading an article and they went into detail about how strong the Knicks chances of getting a top pick are and it makes it clear that if they end up with the worst record they can't fall past #4, so yeah it would really be a good thing to end up with that worst record in terms of being sure to have a chance at a real impact player.

The top seed owns a 25 percent chance at the first pick, 64.3 percent at a top-3 selection. The No. 1 seed also can’t fall further than fourth.

My Top picks.

1. Okafor
2. Towns
3. Mudiay
4. Russell
5. Johnson
6. WC Stein
7. Oubre
8. Kaminsky
9. Winslow
10 Turner

since they implemented the current draft rules in 1994, the worst team has won 3 times.

so here is what phil is thinking ....
nixluva
USA
1/21/2015  12:43 AM
mreinman wrote:
nixluva wrote:I was reading an article and they went into detail about how strong the Knicks chances of getting a top pick are and it makes it clear that if they end up with the worst record they can't fall past #4, so yeah it would really be a good thing to end up with that worst record in terms of being sure to have a chance at a real impact player.

My Top picks.

1. Okafor
2. Towns
3. Mudiay
4. Russell
5. Johnson
6. WC Stein
7. Oubre
8. Kaminsky
9. Winslow
10 Turner

since they implemented the current draft rules in 1994, the worst team has won 3 times.

Yes but it locks you into an outcome that you can only fall 3 spots, which would guarantee a top 4 pick. I'll take those odds.
mreinman

1/21/2015  12:47 AM
nixluva wrote:
mreinman wrote:

My Top picks.

1. Okafor
2. Towns
3. Mudiay
4. Russell
5. Johnson
6. WC Stein
7. Oubre
8. Kaminsky
9. Winslow
10 Turner

Yes but it locks you into an outcome that you can only fall 3 spots, which would guarantee a top 4 pick. I'll take those odds.

yes you can only fall to 4. Not sure if this draft makes any diff between 3 and 8

nixluva
USA
1/21/2015  1:15 AM
mreinman wrote:
nixluva wrote:
mreinman wrote:

My Top picks.

1. Okafor
2. Towns
3. Mudiay
4. Russell
5. Johnson
6. WC Stein
7. Oubre
8. Kaminsky
9. Winslow
10 Turner

yes you can only fall to 4. Not sure if this draft makes any diff between 3 and 8

In terms of upside I think Mudiay and Russell have a chance to become really good impact players. After them I think it drops more sharply in terms of upside.

FistOfOakley

1/21/2015  1:42 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/21/2015  1:43 AM
this is the game that made me believe towns was a lot better than okafor... louisville has a lot of frontcourt prospects also and him and stein were beating them up...

the first minute is the good stuff esp his work against the pnr and esp the 54s mark...

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/21/2015  6:59 AM
To protect ones fragile state one should look at this as a "top 4 pick" and not bank on Okafor given the odds.

The largest statistical probability is the 4th pick!!!! its not "bad knick luck" or "why did we tank if thats all we get", its just ping pong balls! At 4 we will get likely either russell or Munday if Oka4 and towns go 1-2. In that Event if they are ball handlers then its gonna be looked at "Phil got the next Kobe or jordan to run his triangle"? Can that kid handle the pressure?

If the knicks only winn .333 next year, they double their %!!!!

franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
1/21/2015  9:27 AM
Nalod wrote:To protect ones fragile state one should look at this as a "top 4 pick" and not bank on Okafor given the odds.

The largest statistical probability is the 4th pick!!!! its not "bad knick luck" or "why did we tank if thats all we get", its just ping pong balls! At 4 we will get likely either russell or Munday if Oka4 and towns go 1-2. In that Event if they are ball handlers then its gonna be looked at "Phil got the next Kobe or jordan to run his triangle"? Can that kid handle the pressure?

If the knicks only winn .333 next year, they double their %!!!!

There does seem to be a lot of talk about Okafor- and the reality is, we might end up winning some games here and moving out of the bottom position. And if we don't, there is no guarantee of ping pong balls.

Now, I will say this - we (Knick Fans) deserve the top pick as we've suffered more than any franchise fan base out there over the last 10-15 years.

F500ONE
Member: #5844

1/21/2015  9:31 AM
Trade the pick for more 3s and efg% and a side of TS%
smackeddog
Member: #883
1/21/2015  9:43 AM
FistOfOakley wrote:this is the game that made me believe towns was a lot better than okafor... louisville has a lot of frontcourt prospects also and him and stein were beating them up...

the first minute is the good stuff esp his work against the pnr and esp the 54s mark...

For some reason, none of the Towns highlight vids have impressed me so far. He looks like he'll be 2 or 3 years away from contributing in the nba. I might be being harsh, but I wouldn't expect much out of him in his first year.

mreinman

1/21/2015  10:23 AM
smackeddog wrote:
FistOfOakley wrote:this is the game that made me believe towns was a lot better than okafor... louisville has a lot of frontcourt prospects also and him and stein were beating them up...

For some reason, none of the Towns highlight vids have impressed me so far. He looks like he'll be 2 or 3 years away from contributing in the nba. I might be being harsh, but I wouldn't expect much out of him in his first year.

probably true but this is a rebuild. He looks to have the most upside yet not ready for prime time.

FistOfOakley

1/21/2015  10:32 AM
i honestly don't see what all the crazy is over okafor and what makes him so ready over towns...
Cartman718
Member: #1694

1/21/2015  10:39 AM
wouldn't it be funny if we carmelo anthony, cleanthony early and karl-anthony towns on the same team, then we traded for anthony morrow, they all should get the same haircut, wear the same headband and wear jersey numbers 7, 17, 27, 37.

lol

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
mreinman

1/21/2015  10:40 AM
FistOfOakley wrote:i honestly don't see what all the crazy is over okafor and what makes him so ready over towns...

Towns is way behind in development. He does not show up in every game and has many raw parts to his game.

He needs to tame that hook, get much stronger in his lower body so that he does not get pushed off the block etc ...

The kentucky system makes it harder for him to develop quickly.

His defense kills OK4 and he has the potential to be a great defender and a really good stretch 4.

Its gonna take time though.

Ok4 is ready for prime time but may have a lower ceiling.

mreinman

1/21/2015  10:41 AM
Cartman718 wrote:wouldn't it be funny if we carmelo anthony, cleanthony early and karl-anthony towns on the same team, then we traded for anthony morrow, they all should get the same haircut, wear the same headband and wear jersey numbers 7, 17, 27, 37.

lol

and they solicited greg ANTHONY to coach.

WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

1/21/2015  10:50 AM
mreinman wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

probably true but this is a rebuild. He looks to have the most upside yet not ready for prime time.

The problem with taking a 2-3 year project is that the centerpiece of your team is showing signs of age, and you don't have your #1 next year.

If we were in a true rebuild, something we should have been thinking about before Jackson came on, you would not make a Bargs type deal, and you would not have signed Anthony, you would have done a sign and trade with him for picks and young players or expiring contracts.

If you are looking to pick up some FAs next year, I assume that they will be the kind of veteran players who you don't need to develop, other than getting them to buy into your offensive and defensive schemes.

If Anthony is seen as your future for the next 5 years, I'm not sure Jackson will pick a 3 year project, IMO.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
Official 2015 NBA Knick Draft Thread....

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy