30 Larry Nance JR 6-8 245

RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
1/12/2015  11:51 AM
you really think Wright has NBA PG written all over him? Looney had a breakout game. I know Portis is more polished but Looney is freaksihly long... Like Tayson Prince with muscles
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
WaltLongmire
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5843

1/12/2015  11:57 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/12/2015  12:05 PM
BRIGGS wrote:Post#760 » by BRIGGS » Thu Jan 8, 2015 9:27 am
1. Jahill Okafor PF
2. Deangelo Russell PG
3. Emmanuel Mudiay PG
4. Delon Wright PG
5 .Bobby Portis PF
6. Karl Towns PF PF/C
7. Kevin Looney PF
8 Devin Booker SG
9 Tyler Harvey PG
10 Troy Williams SF
11 Stanley Johnson SF
12 Rakeem Christmas PF
13 Frank Kaminsky C
14 Willie Stein C
15 Justice Winslow SF
16. Myles Turner PF
17 Montrezl Harrell PF
18 Zeek Woodley
19 Terry Rozier PG
20 Robert Upshaw C
21 Kelly Oubre SG
22 Dakari Johnson C
23 Christian Wood
24 Sam Decker SF
25 Jerian Wright PG
26 Justin Andersen SF
27 Zach Auguste PF
28 Tyrone Wallace CG
29 Juwan Staten PG
30 Alan Williams PF
No foreign guys in this draft.

Is this by design on your part, or do you simply feel that there is not a foreign player worthy of a top 30 slot?

Just wondering.

Added- looked on DraftExpress-only foreign guys in top 25 were 19 yrs old and neither seemed ready at this point.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
1/12/2015  12:07 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:Post#760 » by BRIGGS » Thu Jan 8, 2015 9:27 am
1. Jahill Okafor PF
2. Deangelo Russell PG
3. Emmanuel Mudiay PG
4. Delon Wright PG
5 .Bobby Portis PF
6. Karl Towns PF PF/C
7. Kevin Looney PF
8 Devin Booker SG
9 Tyler Harvey PG
10 Troy Williams SF
11 Stanley Johnson SF
12 Rakeem Christmas PF
13 Frank Kaminsky C
14 Willie Stein C
15 Justice Winslow SF
16. Myles Turner PF
17 Montrezl Harrell PF
18 Zeek Woodley
19 Terry Rozier PG
20 Robert Upshaw C
21 Kelly Oubre SG
22 Dakari Johnson C
23 Christian Wood
24 Sam Decker SF
25 Jerian Wright PG
26 Justin Andersen SF
27 Zach Auguste PF
28 Tyrone Wallace CG
29 Juwan Staten PG
30 Alan Williams PF
No foreign guys in this draft.

Is this by design on your part, or do you simply feel that there is not a foreign player worthy of a top 30 slot?

Just wondering.

I wouldnt add foreign players until the end. I really liked Nurkic last year--I took him in the mock draft on this site. I was willing to take him high as #3 since Embiid was hurt.

RIP Crushalot😞
BRIGGS
1/12/2015  2:02 PM
fishmike wrote:you really think Wright has NBA PG written all over him? Looney had a breakout game. I know Portis is more polished but Looney is freaksihly long... Like Tayson Prince with muscles

. Delon Wright could be a 6-5 version of Rajon Rondo. I don't see him as Knick selection.

RIP Crushalot😞
RonRon
Member: #246
1/12/2015  2:03 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/12/2015  2:05 PM
I like Dakari Johnson as well, especially for where he is projected
Teams with multiple draft picks like Philly, Boston, and many others will improve very fast with their ability to sign players/MLE/trade exemptions with assets to trade with

While we are very limited on how we can improve
I personally think we are better off trading CA if a team is willing to pay us a good return regardless, as he will decline much in the next couple years and simply has too many holes in his game

If we can get 2 1st rounders, 4 2nd rounders, and some younger players like DMO, Beverly, Terrence Jones, Koustas Pap, I think we would be relevent by 2017 as a TOP 4 team in The East and for the next decade if we can get the # 1 or 2 overall pick this year

Knicks1969
Member: #5915

1/12/2015  2:56 PM
We need pics and FAs to be relevant the nest couple of years. The question is: will our coaching staff be good enough to get us there? We have four more years invested in FISHER
Thank God Fisher is no longer our coach, now let's get Calderon out of here:)
BRIGGS
1/12/2015  2:58 PM
This draft is a risk reward draft. It kind of stinks being at the top as you dont really have defined players for it. Really the kNicks position is all about a chance at Okafor THEN its about leveraging the asset for maximum return. We'll have to wait 3 months for any other breakouts--but what you really have are a TON of BIG players with potential yet are NOT anywhere nEAR finished prospects. It will NOT surprise me for a team with he 23 rd pick to do better than the team with pick #2--thats what scks for us. Id rather have pick 2 obviously but we could see that scenario down the line. The management of the Knicks have their work cut out for them and lets pray the lottery balls give us a Patrick Ewing moment.
RIP Crushalot😞
mreinman
Member: #3189

1/12/2015  2:59 PM
BRIGGS wrote:This draft is a risk reward draft. It kind of stinks being at the top as you dont really have defined players for it. Really the kNicks position is all about a chance at Okafor THEN its about leveraging the asset for maximum return. We'll have to wait 3 months for any other breakouts--but what you really have are a TON of BIG players with potential yet are NOT anywhere nEAR finished prospects. It will NOT surprise me for a team with he 23 rd pick to do better than the team with pick #2--thats what scks for us. Id rather have pick 2 obviously but we could see that scenario down the line. The management of the Knicks have their work cut out for them and lets pray the lottery balls give us a Patrick Ewing moment.

now this is why you don't freakin tank!

so here is what phil is thinking ....
BRIGGS
1/12/2015  3:07 PM
mreinman wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:This draft is a risk reward draft. It kind of stinks being at the top as you dont really have defined players for it. Really the kNicks position is all about a chance at Okafor THEN its about leveraging the asset for maximum return. We'll have to wait 3 months for any other breakouts--but what you really have are a TON of BIG players with potential yet are NOT anywhere nEAR finished prospects. It will NOT surprise me for a team with he 23 rd pick to do better than the team with pick #2--thats what scks for us. Id rather have pick 2 obviously but we could see that scenario down the line. The management of the Knicks have their work cut out for them and lets pray the lottery balls give us a Patrick Ewing moment.

Lets wait and see. At pick #2 or #3 we could take a player or we could turn it into 3 pick maybe 2 this year 1 next year. Some people love Mudiay some people love Towns
and you cant get those players lower. There is ONLY 1 finished product and that is Okafor.

RIP Crushalot😞
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
1/12/2015  3:12 PM
or the Knicks can show a little patience for once in developing who ever they draft instead of trading the guy for Josh Smith. I think that what Phil will do
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
1/12/2015  3:33 PM
mreinman wrote:

Are you really against teams tanking? I'm not a huge draft guy in most years but when there is that really big time talent it pays to be in the mix and if you don't get him you can try to trade back if that makes the most sense. Really it's an asset and i'm glad we have it in a year when there is at least a chance to get a big time talent. Some drafts are even worse and you end up with a nobody at the top.
mreinman

1/12/2015  4:02 PM
nixluva wrote:
mreinman wrote:

Are you really against teams tanking? I'm not a huge draft guy in most years but when there is that really big time talent it pays to be in the mix and if you don't get him you can try to trade back if that makes the most sense. Really it's an asset and i'm glad we have it in a year when there is at least a chance to get a big time talent. Some drafts are even worse and you end up with a nobody at the top.

Yes. I think you need to try to win and build a winning culture. Not this fake tank bull sh1t.

BRIGGS
1/12/2015  4:13 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
fishmike wrote:you really think Wright has NBA PG written all over him? Looney had a breakout game. I know Portis is more polished but Looney is freaksihly long... Like Tayson Prince with muscles

. Delon Wright could be a 6-5 version of Rajon Rondo. I don't see him as Knick selection. He's going to be an impact player on the defensive end from day 1 hes that good on D. All NBA type defense from the 1.

RIP Crushalot😞
Swishfm3
Member: #392
1/12/2015  4:27 PM
This draft is horrible.

I honestly had no idea that this Mudiay kid was playing in China (just googled his name). Seriously people...aside from youtube and ESPN stat sheets, has anyone actually seen this kid play? Why is he so high on everyones mock draft????

BRIGGS
1/12/2015  4:45 PM
Swishfm3 wrote:This draft is horrible.

I honestly had no idea that this Mudiay kid was playing in China (just googled his name). Seriously people...aside from youtube and ESPN stat sheets, has anyone actually seen this kid play? Why is he so high on everyones mock draft????

I would not be surprised to look back in 5 years (if im not dead) and see that this draft was very very good. How many drafts have this many bigs with talent? I mean its really loaded. But because there are so many unfinished players--I would not be surprised to see pick 24 be better than pick 3 for example. There is a lack of elite athletes from the big and wing position(guys with superior athletic ability)with game. There are some pure unknowns who could jump up from no where so it really is a waiting process

RIP Crushalot😞
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
1/12/2015  5:07 PM
mreinman wrote:
nixluva wrote:
mreinman wrote:

Yes. I think you need to try to win and build a winning culture. Not this fake tank bull sh1t.

I really don't view it as a "Tank" in the sense that you see teams like the Sixers and Celtics basically looking at the draft and multiple years of purposefully not trying to win. In New York this is the 1st time we've actually waved the white flag and gutted the team with a purpose of not only clearing cap space but also in hopes of a good draft pick as part of a rebuilding effort. This is the best option we have right now. Not to mention that with cap space it will open up future trade possibilities. We have yet to reach the trade deadline so there is more that can be done to prepare for the future.
mreinman

1/12/2015  5:10 PM
nixluva wrote:
mreinman wrote:
nixluva wrote:
mreinman wrote:

I really don't view it as a "Tank" in the sense that you see teams like the Sixers and Celtics basically looking at the draft and multiple years of purposefully not trying to win. In New York this is the 1st time we've actually waved the white flag and gutted the team with a purpose of not only clearing cap space but also in hopes of a good draft pick as part of a rebuilding effort. This is the best option we have right now. Not to mention that with cap space it will open up future trade possibilities. We have yet to reach the trade deadline so there is more that can be done to prepare for the future.

No! This was CERTAINLY not a tank. It was one of the biggest FUKUPS in knicks history.

Finestrg
Member: #1069

1/12/2015  7:34 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/13/2015  3:50 AM
Swishfm3 wrote:This draft is horrible.

Haven't seen him play full games at a time live -- nonetheless, I like what I see on video A LOT. How could you not?? I like everything about him in fact -- good guard size at 6'5" 200 (great size for a point); the word is he's a true point, not some 1.5 (plays like it from what I can see); good offensive skills; looks to get others involved; etc.. Guys like that just don't grow on trees. Then when you consider what we need most--an impact big and an impact PG--he fits the bill there. Will he make mistakes, esp. early on? Of course. Will he need time to develop fully? You bet. All of these kids in the draft will, even Okafor. At the same time, does he look very advanced for a kid just removed from HS? Absolutely. To me anyway. Again, the one big criticism is that he doesn't shoot the ball well enough yet. Just judging from what I see on video though, his stroke looks pretty good. DX on their pre-season scouting video talked about how he releases at different heights on his jumper--sometimes at the apex, sometimes midway while still rising, sometimes on the way down. I think his jumper actually looks pretty smooth and clean. Barely noticeable. Definitely 100% correctable. People said Shumpert couldn't shoot a lick coming out of G-Tech and I actually thought that was one of the better parts of his game. A hell of a lot prettier than Tyreke Evans' jump-shot that's for sure and I think he'll be more effective with it than Tyreke is with his in the NBA.

I can't write this kid off simply because I haven't seen him on TV. Who's to say he made a bad decision going to China too btw? He got the highest salary on record for a HS player forgoing college to go play abroad I believe ($1.2mm?). Who do you know that would pass that up?? Come on--to go play basketball?? Something you love doing and are good at?? At 18 knowing college wasn't your thing?!? No brainer man. I'm not gonna hold that against him...Then the kid goes over there, plays 10 games and unfortunately gets hurt. I was just reading somewhere where Fran Fraschilla, maybe on his twitter, was talking about how he was impressed by Mudiay's "excellent size, speed and poise" and that unfortunately, he went to a Chinese team that was built to win now, therefore Mudiay maybe wasn't being developed like he should have. Then the team moved on quickly without him when they replaced him with Will Bynum once he got injured. I mean what's Guangdong supposed to do there? I know they coughed up a lot of money to bring him there but they knew damn well it was only a short-term investment going in. They moved on. Now I heard the kid might have to sit out until the NBA draft. I can't hold any of this against Mudiay. You think he wanted to get hurt?? The Knicks, like everyone else I'm sure, obviously have dispatched personnel to go see him play in person. Would've been nice to formulate a stronger opinion which would've been easier if I saw Mudiay a handful of games against other college players I'm familiar with (I'm gonna search youtube a little harder btw--I bet all his games for Guangdong are archived on there somewhere--full games), but when the time comes if the Knicks are convinced, I'm good. I see good potential here for something special. Plus he fills a huge need.

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

1/12/2015  8:32 PM
Havent seen this guy play but he's getting some hype, wish they left out the Bargs comparison though.

Yahoo Sports
Search
Mail
2015 NBA draft's top 10 international prospects
Marc J. Spears By Marc J. Spears
Dec 9, 2014 7:29 PM
Yahoo Sports


Scouts from a dozen NBA teams attended Sunday's game between Spain Cajasol Sevilla and Barcelona. Most of their attention was directed at Kristaps Porzingis, a 7-foot-1 center whom some scouts think could challenge to be the top pick in the 2015 NBA draft.

"Porzingis, or, as I call him, 'Zinger,' is a cross between Andrea Bargnani, Pau Gasol and Ersan Ilyasova," Sevilla coach Scott Roth wrote in an e-mail to Yahoo Sports. "He is 7-1 and still growing at 19 years old. He has the total package, and, really, this is his first year of really playing, getting quality minutes and being depended on game by game.

"The only thing you can say negative about him is his body is not ready and is a work in progress, which will only get better over the years. When he is 22, 23 years old he will be very good and maybe great."
Porzingis had 13 points and six rebounds in 24 minutes of Sevilla's 85-74 victory over Barcelona. Willy Hernangomez, a teammate of Porzingis' and another top draft prospect, had 29 points and 13 rebounds in 31 minutes.

"I haven't seen a European player with the skill combination he possesses," Sevilla swingman and former NBA player Derrick Byars said of Porzingis. "Kristaps has a [Dirk] Nowitzki-like offensive skill set. He's 7-1, can shoot, can put the ball on the floor, can block shots, he's mobile and athletic. There's not much he can't do on the floor."

Porzingis was projected by some NBA scouts to be a late first-round pick in the 2014 draft before he withdrew his name. The Latvian was averaging 11 points, 4.5 rebounds and 1.5 blocks in 21.1 minutes through eight games of Eurocup play this season while shooting 56.3 percent from 3-point range.

Porzingis "is a hard worker, great kid, fluent in English and loves basketball," said Roth, a former NBA player who was an NBA assistant coach with the Dallas Mavericks, Vancouver/Memphis Grizzlies, Golden State Warriors and Toronto Raptors.

Here are scouts' opinions on Porzingis and the rest of the top 10 2015 NBA draft prospects playing overseas, including Congolese-American Emmanuel Mudiay.

1. Kristaps Porzingis, PF, 7-1, 220 pounds, Spain Cajasol Sevilla, 19: "He is a top-three prospect. He's a Dirk Nowitzki-type but more athletic. He runs the floor, plays above the rim and is a face-up guy. He has a shot at being the No. 1 pick and is definitely in the top three."

2. Emmanuel Mudiay, PG, 6-5, 190 pounds, China Guangdong, 18: "He is a new generation point guard with size, athleticism and speed. … He's not a score-first guard."

3. Mario Hezonja, SG, 6-8, 200 pounds, Spain Barcelona, 19: "A swingman with really good size and strength already at a young age. Good shooter who attacks the rim. Smaller Danilo Gallinari-type who will be a better NBA player than overseas player."

4. Marc Garcia, SF, 6-6, 170 pounds, Spain La Bruixa d'Or, 18: "A decent shooter who can hit a 3-point shot. He is slippery going to the rim and gets to the basket easily. Very young."

5. Egemen Guven, PF-C, 6-11, 220 pounds, Turkey Pinar Karsiyaka, 18: "He has long arms and a nice skilled game at center with a little Pau Gasol in him. He's under control. Makes the right play. A solid midrange shooter."

6. Willy Hernangomez, C, 6-11, 250 pounds, Spain Cajasol Sevilla, 20: "His game and his body reminds me of Marc Gasol. He was recently named the Eurocup Player of the Week."

7. Ilimane Diop, C, 6-11, 215 pounds, Spain Caja Laboral, 19: "A big-time sleeper who is a great shot-blocker and rebounder. He is very athletic and runs the floor well. Lots of upside."

8. Cedi Osman, SF, 6-8, 215 pounds, Anadolu Efes Istanbul, 19: "A big-time point forward who can catch and shoot. He runs the floor well. Tough rebounder."

9. Mouhammadou Jaiteh, C, 6-9, 249 pounds, France Nanterre, 20: "A bully of a presence and a tough rebounder. Does everything under the basket."

10. Nenad Miljenovic, PG, 6-4, 200 pounds, Serbia Mega Leks, 21: "Tough, competitive guard with good ball-handling skills. Knows how to run a team. Very mature player."

Here is my draft update from Real GM from January 8th

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy