Would You Date An Ex-Girlfriend?
Author Thread
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/27/2015  2:36 PM
Wow!!!

That adds a lot to the back ground and depth of the relationship and the complexity. I can see how you would be tempted by getting back with her.

Like I said, I never at age 21 thought I'd meet "the one" but I had no choice as forces just take over and in a vacuum you start a new life. No regrets here!
The 'crazy" might be residual from the thyroid or a manifestation from an over achieving drive and some parts of her character never developed. Most likey a combonation.

Sounds like you have a lot of respect for her and thats huge. Trust is the other component and given her unpredictable/unstable ability to deal with some things I'd say not being able to trust her is a deal breaker.
Small family pets need not live in fear of a women!!!

As one who has been to about 20 countries on all continents but Antartica (im heading to Chile in a few weeks but its winter down there and can't go!) I'd strongly recommend you see as much of the world. Best money spent! As they say you "cant take it with you" but memories do last a lifetime so Im down with travel. Its not what you see when you travel, its what you feel. We are going to Easter Island which is the most remote body of land in the world. I think it will "feel" different. our second trip to south america.

Whats first on your list of places to go?

AUTOADVERT
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

4/27/2015  3:16 PM
^ if I were single, I would go on one of those "professionals in the city" (I think that's what it's called) international excursions. form what I hear, it's a great way to see somehwere nice and everyone is single and looking for the same things
Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
NardDogNation
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #5555

4/28/2015  1:31 AM
Nalod wrote:Wow!!!

That adds a lot to the back ground and depth of the relationship and the complexity. I can see how you would be tempted by getting back with her.

Like I said, I never at age 21 thought I'd meet "the one" but I had no choice as forces just take over and in a vacuum you start a new life. No regrets here!
The 'crazy" might be residual from the thyroid or a manifestation from an over achieving drive and some parts of her character never developed. Most likey a combonation.

Sounds like you have a lot of respect for her and thats huge. Trust is the other component and given her unpredictable/unstable ability to deal with some things I'd say not being able to trust her is a deal breaker.
Small family pets need not live in fear of a women!!!

As one who has been to about 20 countries on all continents but Antartica (im heading to Chile in a few weeks but its winter down there and can't go!) I'd strongly recommend you see as much of the world. Best money spent! As they say you "cant take it with you" but memories do last a lifetime so Im down with travel. Its not what you see when you travel, its what you feel. We are going to Easter Island which is the most remote body of land in the world. I think it will "feel" different. our second trip to south america.

Whats first on your list of places to go?

She was crazy well before the cancer. She just hid a lot of it until AFTER I put a ring on her finger. I've got scars all over my body from her digging her finger nails into my skin for making a joke that she felt didn't land well or me having the audacity of keeping female friends (that preceded me knowing her). She even cut off contact with two of her closest friends at the time because of how well we got along. But it's water under the bridge at this point because I'm never getting back together with her in spite of her virtues.

As ****ed up as this may sound, even if I was in love still, I'd never have to make a commitment to her. The reality is that no other man is ever going to put up with her **** especially with her rapidly approaching 30. After we dated, guys routinely dogged her out; the best of the bunch was a guy who supposedly "loved (her)" but had her as a side-chick. And when she confronted him about it, he decided to stay with his girlfriend, so that must've been some great love alright, lol. Needless to say, I have the leverage because I'm better than the competition even if I have one foot out the door until something better shows up. And for now, that is more or less my posture as far as she is concerned.

As for where I'd like to go, I've been fascinated with East Africa and the Middle East ever since I dated a girl from Ethiopia who might've been "the one who got away" (one of the few women I've dated that I'd say was well out of my league). But if I'm just starting out, I'd probably go to a country where English is the official language like Australia. Once I get my feet wet: Brazil, Germany, Croatia, all the countries on the Mediterranean, Jordan, Egypt, Malayasia, Indonesia and the rest of Africa are on the list.

NardDogNation

4/28/2015  12:07 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:^ if I were single, I would go on one of those "professionals in the city" (I think that's what it's called) international excursions. form what I hear, it's a great way to see somehwere nice and everyone is single and looking for the same things

I've never heard of one of those. I've heard of young professionals mixers in an American city (Atlanta) before. I never made it there though. Is it the same deal but in a different country?

SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

4/28/2015  1:28 PM
NardDogNation wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:^ if I were single, I would go on one of those "professionals in the city" (I think that's what it's called) international excursions. form what I hear, it's a great way to see somehwere nice and everyone is single and looking for the same things

I've never heard of one of those. I've heard of young professionals mixers in an American city (Atlanta) before. I never made it there though. Is it the same deal but in a different country?

http://www.prosinthecity.com/nyevents.php

check out their international events

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
NardDogNation

4/29/2015  12:26 AM
SupremeCommander wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:

http://www.prosinthecity.com/nyevents.php

check out their international events

I appreciate it man! As a side, did you enjoy dating before you got into your current relationship?

Would You Date An Ex-Girlfriend?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy