[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Who would you keep around on the Knicks for the next season?
Author Thread
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
12/19/2014  1:46 PM
fishmike wrote:the roster is total crap.

Does this mean the Melo is God card really went into the shredder?

AUTOADVERT
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
12/19/2014  1:47 PM
THJr ---> The new Shump
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
12/19/2014  1:52 PM
If we can get ok4 in the post even shtty players will look better.
RIP Crushalot😞
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

12/19/2014  2:04 PM
jrodmc wrote:THJr ---> The new Shump

I think THJR has had more impact offensively in his career than Shump. With shumps experience you would think at this stage he would be so much better. Butler and lance are 2 guys that came up with him and both have become big time nba players. Shump had yet to reach that level. Thjr as been progressively getting better.

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
StarksEwing1
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4451

12/19/2014  2:07 PM
EnySpree wrote:

I think THJR has had more impact offensively in his career than Shump. With shumps experience you would think at this stage he would be so much better. Butler and lance are 2 guys that came up with him and both have become big time nba players. Shump had yet to reach that level. Thjr as been progressively getting better.

very true. The kid is only 22 and considering he was a late round pick in a weak draft hei has done a decent job on a bad team
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
12/19/2014  2:19 PM
EnySpree wrote:

they are about the same. Both give you tantalizing spurts of impact play followed by 3 games of head scratching why is he in the NBA type games. People need to grasp these guys just arent that good... not until they show otherwise.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
StarksEwing1

12/19/2014  2:25 PM
fishmike wrote:
EnySpree wrote:

they are about the same. Both give you tantalizing spurts of impact play followed by 3 games of head scratching why is he in the NBA type games. People need to grasp these guys just arent that good... not until they show otherwise.
actually hardaway has been pretty good ever since he has gotten more minutes. Again nobody is saying all star. Hell even barkley likes the kid and barkley despises the knicks
fishmike
USA
12/19/2014  2:30 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
EnySpree wrote:

actually hardaway has been pretty good ever since he has gotten more minutes. Again nobody is saying all star. Hell even barkley likes the kid and barkley despises the knicks
actually hes been just like I said. Had a couple decent (not great games) vs Bos and SAS. Followed that up with shooting 5-17 and 4-15 in his last two games before last night which was prob his best game of all five. So 1 good game, 2 OK and 2 abysmal out of the last five.... but fine. I was more impressed with how Iman started the season before the predictable happened
StarksEwing1

12/19/2014  2:33 PM
fishmike wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
EnySpree wrote:

actually hes been just like I said. Had a couple decent (not great games) vs Bos and SAS. Followed that up with shooting 5-17 and 4-15 in his last two games before last night which was prob his best game of all five. So 1 good game, 2 OK and 2 abysmal out of the last five.... but fine. I was more impressed with how Iman started the season before the predictable happened
i think you have to take into account he is still very young and is playing on a bad team. I think with better talent around him both him and melo could flourish
fishmike
USA
12/19/2014  3:31 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
EnySpree wrote:

i think you have to take into account he is still very young and is playing on a bad team. I think with better talent around him both him and melo could flourish
no doubt about that, and for his pricetag hes around for the short term. I would love if this kid blossomed into something good. Doesnt have to be all star, I would be thrilled with a rotation guy good enough for winning team. You seem to think Im hating on the guy. All Im saying is I have yet to see the "just needs time to be an allstar" upside that some here have.
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
12/19/2014  3:47 PM
fishmike wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
EnySpree wrote:

And Shumpert is still only what 24-25?

fishmike
USA
12/19/2014  4:14 PM
gunsnewing wrote:
fishmike wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
EnySpree wrote:

Do all young players get better because they are young? How many years in the league before you start to see what a guy is. Shump is about as good as he was as a rookie. Play hard (not always well) on defense and is athletic but a brutally low IQ player on offense. So far you can count on Shumpert either getting hurt or regressing to bad habits or poor shooting. Thats what he is. Another player we had a chance to sell high on but instead played it out until its a no win. Shump is gone and at this point I would rather see what Ware is capable of with some minutes. He will be here next year

Vmart
Member: #247
USA
12/19/2014  4:40 PM
fishmike wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
fishmike wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
EnySpree wrote:

Do all young players get better because they are young? How many years in the league before you start to see what a guy is. Shump is about as good as he was as a rookie. Play hard (not always well) on defense and is athletic but a brutally low IQ player on offense. So far you can count on Shumpert either getting hurt or regressing to bad habits or poor shooting. Thats what he is. Another player we had a chance to sell high on but instead played it out until its a no win. Shump is gone and at this point I would rather see what Ware is capable of with some minutes. He will be here next year

Agreed Shump has reached the point where you are what you are.

Knicks1969
Member: #5915

12/19/2014  5:13 PM
Keepers: Larkin, THJ, Carmelo, Wear, Acy, and Priggioni
Thank God Fisher is no longer our coach, now let's get Calderon out of here:)
Knicks1969

12/19/2014  5:17 PM
fishmike wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
EnySpree wrote:

Dude, if you are going to chastise the kid, at least be fair. Every player in the league go through Shooting slumps. At least he is now attacking the basket and going to the freethrow line. Defensively, he is a work in progress. The onus is on he coaching staff to work with the kid and help him to improve as a defender.

Vmart
Member: #247
USA
12/19/2014  6:51 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/19/2014  6:51 PM
Knicks1969 wrote:Keepers: Larkin, THJ, Carmelo, Wear, Acy, and Priggioni

The real keeper out of the bunch is the Greek Freak II.

Splat
Member: #5862

12/19/2014  6:57 PM
Vmart wrote:

Exactly

The one true star in the pipeline is Thanasis.

The rest can stay or leave and it will make little difference without getting true NBA starters.

Melo needs to be dumped ASAP as soon as a deal that delivers picks comes along. Guy is an ambulance case in progress and the franchise will bury itself if it holds on to him.

This team is a wipeout. ThaNasty is the only player who can break out and be something special. There may be a couple of roster players in Westchester who can do better, but ThaNasty is the prize.

I've got a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell!
Hector
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #4483

12/19/2014  8:10 PM
fishmike wrote:the roster is total crap.

Bullseye.

Not one player on this team could I give a **** about stsying or going.

If we could get rid of all 15, fine, even though we know that isn't possible.

Aside from out 'superstar', the other shining light on this team is Timmy?

He's okay but I'm not gonna slobber over him like he's gonna be some sort of all star anytime soon.

He'll me a career 11-15 point scorer & seems to be the player held in higher regard here more than any other knick other than our fearful leader.

That sucks so much.

[quote="jrodmc"] Melo is stupid. [/quote]
JrZyHuStLa
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1241

12/19/2014  9:13 PM
THJ is going to be a nice 6th man one day.

He doesn't have the physical or mental makeup of a starting SG.

Knicks1969

12/19/2014  9:27 PM
Vmart wrote:

Let's watch him play for a couple of season first, then we will talk. Knowing how impatient most of you are, you will want to trade him by next year

Who would you keep around on the Knicks for the next season?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy