Author Thread
F500ONE
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5844

12/19/2014  2:04 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/19/2014  2:12 PM
dk7th wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
smackeddog wrote:I went into work today and my boss who recently was valued at over $1 billion dollars thanks to my contributions, called me in to his office and said "hey smackedog, do you mind if we pay you 30% less, so I can use the money to hire some great workers to work beside you- It will increase your chances of winning a 'Work Team of The Year' award." I said "sure!- to do otherwise would be real stupid and evil!"

Well in the end winning provides a wealth of dividends

Probably makes up the 30% in bonus pay, and future raises above what was the norm

Prior to your generous give back

And if you're an investor in the company when the stocks raises

From increased Team performances, you win there too

Probably makes you more attractive to other competitors in your field

Drawing attention not only to yourself but those on the outside

I know your boss asked you for 30% paycut but what did you personally settle on

Was it 2% instead so you kinda sorta did what he asked you to

Not really- I doubt Melo would make much more money from winning a championship in Chicago. Existentially, winning doesn't really mean anything in the grand scheme of things. He'd probably feel a sense of achievement, and people might say nicer things about him for a while, but $30mil can probably achieve the same, and it's money for his family, kids and grand kids. And it's not like Chicago was a guaranteed championship either- I doubt they'd win even with Melo. So he would have ended up taking less money to not win a championship. That's the reality.

nope that's *your* reality.

Yeah in the bizarre world that is smack's up means down

And left means right and Jessica Alba only shows up on the ugly scale

Unfortunately there is correlation between winning-losing and money

I wonder if smackdowg could provide in depth analysis to MSG shareholders at this time

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id/12051944/new-york-knicks-rough-start-cost-madison-square-garden-shareholders-projected-6-million-profits

AUTOADVERT
dk7th
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4228
USA
12/19/2014  2:21 PM
smackeddog wrote:
dk7th wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
smackeddog wrote:I went into work today and my boss who recently was valued at over $1 billion dollars thanks to my contributions, called me in to his office and said "hey smackedog, do you mind if we pay you 30% less, so I can use the money to hire some great workers to work beside you- It will increase your chances of winning a 'Work Team of The Year' award." I said "sure!- to do otherwise would be real stupid and evil!"

Probably makes up the 30% in bonus pay, and future raises above what was the norm

Not really- I doubt Melo would make much more money from winning a championship in Chicago. Existentially, winning doesn't really mean anything in the grand scheme of things. He'd probably feel a sense of achievement, and people might say nicer things about him for a while, but $30mil can probably achieve the same, and it's money for his family, kids and grand kids. And it's not like Chicago was a guaranteed championship either- I doubt they'd win even with Melo. So he would have ended up taking less money to not win a championship. That's the reality.

Fun fact from the world of psychotherapy: It's very common for people to sink in to a deep depression following the achievement of a long standing goal- not sure if it's because the victory turns out to feel more empty or meaningless in reality than it did before it was attained, or whether the person thought that somehow achieving it would fundamentally alter their life, but it doesn't. Depressing! But I do always wonder after every championship, once the celebration has died down, do the players secretly have feelings of disappointment?

happiness is not only an elusive concept to pin down it is also overrated.

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
12/19/2014  2:47 PM
F500ONE wrote:
dk7th wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
F500ONE wrote:

I wonder if smackdowg could provide in depth analysis to MSG shareholders at this time

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id/12051944/new-york-knicks-rough-start-cost-madison-square-garden-shareholders-projected-6-million-profits

Publically traded stock. You too could have participated!!!! Stock up 3.8% today!!! Up 26% for the year. You seem to enjoy pointing to misery when really its you thats not happy.
Looks like MSG shareholders are really pissed huh?
Do they care about winning? They already did.
Did Melo win? Yep. He is wealthy beyond his wildest imagination, has an MVP from an NCAA chip, enroute to HOF and only a few haters who seem to transpose their own disappointments on him.
Melo rubbed the Genie's latern.
Nothing is guaranteed. BTW, you won't find the absolute truth in an article. Wins and losses tell the story without your input. Guess what, Knicks are rebuilding and Melo is not Lebron. Kobe can't carry the Lakers either. Durant has Westbrook, Ibaka and good team around them. Melo Has JR, Shump, Sam, Cole and Jose. ITs not pretty.

fishmike
Member: #298
USA
12/19/2014  3:21 PM
Nalod wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
dk7th wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
F500ONE wrote:

Publically traded stock. You too could have participated!!!! Stock up 3.8% today!!! Up 26% for the year. You seem to enjoy pointing to misery when really its you thats not happy.
Looks like MSG shareholders are really pissed huh?
Do they care about winning? They already did.
Did Melo win? Yep. He is wealthy beyond his wildest imagination, has an MVP from an NCAA chip, enroute to HOF and only a few haters who seem to transpose their own disappointments on him.
Melo rubbed the Genie's latern.
Nothing is guaranteed. BTW, you won't find the absolute truth in an article. Wins and losses tell the story without your input. Guess what, Knicks are rebuilding and Melo is not Lebron. Kobe can't carry the Lakers either. Durant has Westbrook, Ibaka and good team around them. Melo Has JR, Shump, Sam, Cole and Jose. ITs not pretty.

man oh man do the Knicks FO have some pressure this offseason? Yikes. I really hope for their sakes they win the lottery
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
12/19/2014  5:44 PM
F500ONE wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
F500ONE wrote:

Just on his NBA Salary Earnings alone he's made

To date $135mmil dollars with another $124mil added

He's still young enough to possibly get another $40-50mil

This doesn't take into account whatever he's made off the court, add in his wife's wealth

Probably her overall earnings of recent has amassed an additional $5-10mil last 5-7yrs

I wish people would stop referring to a couple generations to care for

As if the $30-40mil would have been the difference for his linage to not make it

Yes you can make up the majority if not the money given up if you win

Surely Lebron is evidence of this as is Eli Manning, winning in the largest market would do that

So at 35 you think he signs a contract like Duncan and Dirk did in their late thirties? Hopefully he becomes an icon for all that is good then for taking less.

I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
holfresh
Member: #1081

12/19/2014  6:04 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/19/2014  6:06 PM
Scotty Pippen is broke..How many rings would he give up for the 50 mil folks wanted Melo to give up by going to Chicago??..I would say all of his rings..

Hey Scotty, you are a great guy, you weren't greedy..
dk7th
USA
12/19/2014  6:44 PM
holfresh wrote:Scotty Pippen is broke..How many rings would he give up for the 50 mil folks wanted Melo to give up by going to Chicago??..I would say all of his rings..

do you have any idea how stupid this sounds?

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
Splat
Member: #5862

12/19/2014  6:59 PM
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:Scotty Pippen is broke..How many rings would he give up for the 50 mil folks wanted Melo to give up by going to Chicago??..I would say all of his rings..

Asking a stupid person if they know they sound stupid is kind of stupid

I've got a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell!
dk7th
USA
12/19/2014  7:06 PM
Splat wrote:
dk7th wrote:

the rhetorical rule of attrition states that i need not care how stupid i appear for asking the question if it succeeds in driving the point home.

Splat
Member: #5862

12/19/2014  7:37 PM
dk7th wrote:
Splat wrote:
dk7th wrote:

the rhetorical rule of attrition states that i need not care how stupid i appear for asking the question if it succeeds in driving the point home.

So the valor of your stupidity attributions
Persist in the midst of hammering attrition
Wherein the vapidity of the subjects addressed
Being incapable of being educated or confessed
Makes you a battering ram by your own volition

I've got a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell!
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
12/19/2014  7:57 PM
dk7th wrote:

Yeah, if he found a way to lose $120 mil, I'm sure he would have lost whatever he earned.
holfresh
Member: #1081

12/19/2014  8:05 PM
dk7th wrote:

No please tell me oh enlightened one...Who walks away from 50 mil..Not even you..

masud
Member: #2442

12/19/2014  9:58 PM
I don't like Melos game and I wish wasnt a Knick but I don't fault him for trying to get his money. That's what he's supposed to do. No I blame management for caving to Melo twice.
codeunknown
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #704
12/19/2014  10:14 PM
Some of this thread is a great example of what happens when a couple of idiots stumble upon a thesaurus.
Sh-t in the popcorn to go with sh-t on the court. Its a theme show like Medieval times.
H1AND1
Member: #5648

12/19/2014  10:20 PM
Wait, is Scottie Pippen really broke? How'd he lose it all? drugs? hookers? Gambling?
F500ONE

12/19/2014  10:20 PM
Splat wrote:
dk7th wrote:
Splat wrote:
dk7th wrote:

Your post wreaks of Digital Criminology

Don't trip through the wires here, breaking news could develop any moment

On cyber danger//// the gall, gumption, and provocativeness in which you post

Can only be stored in barrels 3rd world style

F500ONE

12/19/2014  10:26 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:
dk7th wrote:

Yeah, if he found a way to lose $120 mil, I'm sure he would have lost whatever he earned.

Kind of ironic at near 40yrs of age

Jerry Krause I believe, the stingy meany gave Pip

$10mil last 2yrs of career, helps when you bring chips to a franchise

At some point you will be rewarded for it

Probably the very reason too Pip made Max money from age 34-37 from Portland who were in contention then

And when Krause gave him his last deal it was the richest he ever received while in a Bull uniform

But why let facts get in the way of logic

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
12/19/2014  10:51 PM
F500ONE wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
dk7th wrote:

Kind of ironic at near 40yrs of age

Jerry Krause I believe, the stingy meany gave Pip

$10mil last 2yrs of career, helps when you bring chips to a franchise

At some point you will be rewarded for it

Probably the very reason too Pip made Max money from age 34-37 from Portland who were in contention then

And when Krause gave him his last deal it was the richest he ever received while in a Bull uniform

But why let facts get in the way of logic

He was signed to that deal because up to that point he was still a very productive player and the Bulls wanted a vet presence with a championship pedigree on a young team. He did win 6 championships there. He only played 23 games and retired without playing a game in the second year of his deal. Similar to the Kidd situation with the Knicks. Maybe I am wrong but I never read anything about that as being a pay back deal for past work. The guy was close to 11-5-5 the previous two years and was still a very good defensive player. Also, it was John Paxson that signed Scotty.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
12/19/2014  11:16 PM
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:

No please tell me oh enlightened one...Who walks away from 50 mil..Not even you..

He was going to make the same money in chicago but one less year guaranteed. Melo Enterprises was smart. They took the guaranteed 5th year from the Knicks knowing that there was no way he was getting $25mil from Chicago 5 years from now. No way he will be worth it. The Knicks got played. They are too blame mostly

dk7th
USA
12/19/2014  11:18 PM
Splat wrote:
dk7th wrote:
Splat wrote:
dk7th wrote:

when i have a few minutes, yes.

"Don't Leave Money On Table" & "Not On My Dime"

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy