Ah are the Knicks better with out Carmelo
Author Thread
mreinman
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3189

12/18/2014  11:33 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
Uptown wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:I love it when these "better without melo" always gets everyone riled up

who's riled up?

you seem to be. I mean i think melo gets some unwarranted hate but at the same time some get upset if anybody is a tad critical of of his game

xxx melo but ...

so here is what phil is thinking ....
AUTOADVERT
Splat
Member: #5862

12/18/2014  11:35 PM
mreinman wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
Uptown wrote:This thread was so predictable. Got home late, turned the game on and saw the Knicks down by 3 very late in the game. I knew the moment I logged in to this site I would see a thread about us being better without Melo....SMH
its not really a bad argument even the broadcasters mentioned it. I like melo but i am fair about his strengths and weaknesses

just google "starksewing1" and "I like melo but ..." posts

Well, I just googled the portion of your post. I cannot post the search results here. Too many kids on board.

I've got a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell!
yellowboy90
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3538

12/18/2014  11:36 PM
fitzfarm wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:Again. Melo is a ball hog/ how many 24 second shot clocks did we get tonight trying to get the ball to one player. Zero. Did we go through a 0 for 10 like we always do with melo, no ... Is melo a great scorer yes, is our coach setting the team up to be a team with melo... Not really when did Jordan or Kobe shoot the ball as much melo over and over again making the rest of the team stagnate

yes they did. They had a stretch where they could not make a fg but got to the line occasional. There have been shot clock violation in other games when Melo didn't play and plenty of games when Melo has played where there were not any violations. There have been games he played where violations occurred when he was on the bench.

Even if there was a stretch like you say there was which I don't recall at least we got to the line during that time... I'm not a melo hater ... It's just that our entire offensive flow is for melo, this is a team sport and melo needs to be apart of the flow... Look how good chitown is and there best scorer is butler.. He shoots when the opportunity is givin not forced ... Like how we force the offense through melo all the time, the rest of the players fall asleep.. To where 60 percent of the time because chitown is a team there roll hinrick, brooks, Noah, gasol,Europedude, hit there shoots when given the opportunity. Unlike our players who are open think ... Where's melo... Which is wrong

You mean like the 4-6 possessions in a row where they isolated Butler on Hardaway. I wonder why they did that? I wonder why other teams do that?

fitzfarm
Member: #3285

12/18/2014  11:36 PM
Thjr is our best 2 guard glad he's getting min and averaging close to 20 a game ... As a soph he is pretty awesome.22 years old thjr is a bad ass
mreinman

12/18/2014  11:37 PM
Splat wrote:
mreinman wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
Uptown wrote:This thread was so predictable. Got home late, turned the game on and saw the Knicks down by 3 very late in the game. I knew the moment I logged in to this site I would see a thread about us being better without Melo....SMH
its not really a bad argument even the broadcasters mentioned it. I like melo but i am fair about his strengths and weaknesses

Well, I just googled the portion of your post. I cannot post the search results here. Too many kids on board.

ah go ahead .... Irish is already 16

Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

12/18/2014  11:38 PM
mreinman wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

LMAO...So true....

mreinman

12/18/2014  11:38 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/18/2014  11:40 PM
fitzfarm wrote:Thjr is our best 2 guard glad he's getting min and averaging close to 20 a game ... As a soph he is pretty awesome.22 years old thjr is a bad ass

F500ONE
Member: #5844

12/18/2014  11:40 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/18/2014  11:42 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:Melo is a great player but the coach needs to get the whole team involved ... So when there number is called in the fourth to hit a three there last shot was in the first it's not a guarantee that it's a brick
Like Hardaways?

So you don't like Shump and think J.R.'s nutty and feel THJR is limited

The late dig here on THJR all a front to protect Melo

Then I wonder why you had high hopes for this team

I don't think Shump is very good. I think JR could be a top 30 player if everything is aligned but it rarely is. Hardaway has a long way to go. Not sure why this is seen as protecting Melo. Are you a big Shump, JR, Tim fan? Tim took a really bad shot. Maybe he does that as a vet but it looked like a young guy going for his tonight versus making smart team decisions. If he hits that shot there aren't complaints but it still wasn't smart and he bricked it bad.

Let it go with that Smith and that Top 30 Ying Yang

And you don't think Melo has spent the past decade+ doing the same

Yet you here like part of his army battalion defending him

Get Real Crush this is absurdly ludicrous on your part

BTW our guard corp is a near abomination but before THJR is written off

There is hope he can be saved or let's try to save him

Before he's a forgotten memory

fitzfarm

12/18/2014  11:40 PM
mreinman wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:Thjr is our best 2 guard glad he's getting min and averaging close to 20 a game ... As a soph he is pretty awesome.22 years old thjr is a bad ass

Is he not averaging 19 a game ?

fitzfarm

12/18/2014  11:42 PM
How much did shump average or give up and jr chucker doesn't even belong in convo
Uptown

12/18/2014  11:43 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/18/2014  11:45 PM
F500ONE wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:Melo is a great player but the coach needs to get the whole team involved ... So when there number is called in the fourth to hit a three there last shot was in the first it's not a guarantee that it's a brick
Like Hardaways?

I don't think Shump is very good. I think JR could be a top 30 player if everything is aligned but it rarely is. Hardaway has a long way to go. Not sure why this is seen as protecting Melo. Are you a big Shump, JR, Tim fan? Tim took a really bad shot. Maybe he does that as a vet but it looked like a young guy going for his tonight versus making smart team decisions. If he hits that shot there aren't complaints but it still wasn't smart and he bricked it bad.

Yeah, how dare Crush say anything positive about Melo while trueblue, 3g4g, juice, seatsblue, F500one is patrolling the board....Dozens of name changes but the game (rhetoric) remains the same

fitzfarm

12/18/2014  11:43 PM
Thjr is our best 2 guard who on this team is better... The best part is that he's 22
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
12/18/2014  11:44 PM
He is shooting 33% since shump went down.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

12/18/2014  11:45 PM
Uptown wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Like Hardaways?

Yeah, how dare Crush say anything positive about Melo while trueblue, 3g4g, juice, seatsblue, F500one is patrolling the board....

i agree with you but at the same time being a little critical of him doesnt make you a hater.
mreinman

12/18/2014  11:46 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
He is shooting 33% since shump went down.

stop changing the subject

BEST TWO GUARD!

fitzfarm

12/18/2014  11:46 PM
The biggest problem on this team is that none of our pgs set players up for open shots. it's a covered jumper or a created your own shot . This is why having a tony Parker or a rondo is so important thjr dose not get open looks
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

12/18/2014  11:48 PM
Hardaway has his flaws but i really like the potential. The kid can score he just needs to improve his defense and shot selection. He is better going to the rim
Uptown

12/18/2014  11:48 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
Uptown wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Like Hardaways?

Yeah, how dare Crush say anything positive about Melo while trueblue, 3g4g, juice, seatsblue, F500one is patrolling the board....

i agree with you but at the same time being a little critical of him doesnt make you a hater.

A little critical? Nah, every angle is a negative one with that dude, as Nalod pointed out. Dude has been posting like this for years...

fitzfarm

12/18/2014  11:49 PM
fitzfarm wrote:The biggest problem on this team is that none of our pgs set players up for open shots. it's a covered jumper or a created your own shot . This is why having a tony Parker or a rondo is so important thjr dose not get open looks

Although thjr dose not get open looks he's our best option compared to shump or jr hands down

F500ONE
Member: #5844

12/18/2014  11:51 PM
Some fans are upset on this board the team played hard

And had a chance to win without their Digital Athlete on the floor

There were ancient stories told from centuries back

Where a nation of people were told if a team doesn't have a Melo

Who's going to score the ball and they won't be competitive

Ah are the Knicks better with out Carmelo

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy