[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

TNT Announcing Team
Author Thread
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
10/31/2014  11:33 AM
Yea it seemed JVG was angling for the knicks coaching job last year. Constantly defending Melos isos etc. this year is like night and day. He will credit Phil but the. Completely discredit him in the same sentence saying it only worked because of Jordan Kobe and shaq.

I think Reggie and Cwebb are great

Barkley is an idiotic. Said Charlotte missed the playoffs last year

AUTOADVERT
smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
10/31/2014  11:51 AM
foosballnick wrote:For me it wasn't even about Knicks hate. The broadcast was unlistenable period. There was very little analyst commentary or insights worth anything and nothing that matched the flow of the game. Marv's play by play was often drowned out by Barkley's stream of consciousness. Miller's observations might have been good, but it was difficult to even follow him because he was playing sidekick much of the night to Barkley's antics.

I agree- I don't mind that kind of goofing about commentary in the middle of a boring game or a blowout, but it was a big, close game, and it was as if they weren't even remotely interested. It was really annoying after a while. And then when Barkley said that the one team that didn't make the playoffs last season, but will this year, would be Charlotte- I think that summarised the level of effort and knowledge that went into calling this game.

knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
10/31/2014  12:13 PM

Kenny smith and shaq where great breaking down the knicks at the half, especial shaq. He demonstrated during a high light that we were running a lazy triangle,the cuts were not sharp, and the back doors were late
ES
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
10/31/2014  1:03 PM
Bill Walton on NBA games is one of the main reasons I cancelled all TV reception over 10 years ago.
Barkley is just a clown with a non-stop mouth. I hear enough of him on ESPN radio.

That was one sweet win.

MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
10/31/2014  1:15 PM
I like Chuck, just not calling games and not talking Knicks (we already know what he's going to say). I don't consider his contributions to be anything insightful or intelligent, just entertaining. Put him next to Ernie and Kenny, and I'm happy enough to watch Inside the NBA.

I still prefer TNT over ESPN, but JVG and Hubie Brown are far and away my favorite color guys (excluding MSG broadcasts, can't go wrong with Clyde).

Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
10/31/2014  1:18 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/31/2014  1:20 PM
Finestrg wrote:Yeah it's rough listening to those guys -- Marv flanked by two of the most blatant anti-Knick haters in the history of the NBA. I can't stand listening to these clowns deliver such an uneven broadcast -- one min. they're goofing on Melo taking a shot, saying something like "is that supposed to be the triangle?', and then at the end of the game they're praising Melo for taking and hitting that baseline shot over LeBron. Which is it? Damn hypocrites. LOL.

As far as I'm concerned Melo can take whatever shot he wants -- the dude's one of the premier offensive players in the game. I want the man doing what he does best. Be comfortable out there and go get the shots you're comfortable making. He needs to be afforded that amount of leeway.

It was so annoying! Even Shaq and Webber were saying that in late games or when the triangle breaks down, there has to be a go to guy like Shaq in the post or Kobe on the perimeter. Hearing those guys trying to dissect every possession in the second game of a new system was ridiculous. All they did was kept saying that this is not the triangle and the Melo/Knicks are reverting to last year. It made them look like idiots!
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

10/31/2014  1:26 PM
I would like for the team to be Marv and CWebb
Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/31/2014  1:48 PM
Charles entertainment mindless ramblings can be good. I don't take offense to his knick hate as some do. Mostly we have yet to prove him wrong.
They were basing their prejudice on Bulls game and waiting for Cav's to kick it into gear and Knicks bench to melt down.

JVG gets on his soap box too much. Hubie is really the best.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/31/2014  1:51 PM
jrodmc wrote:Bill Walton on NBA games is one of the main reasons I cancelled all TV reception over 10 years ago.
Barkley is just a clown with a non-stop mouth. I hear enough of him on ESPN radio.

That was one sweet win.

Walton was the worst!!!!!!

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
10/31/2014  3:28 PM
Nalod wrote:Charles entertainment mindless ramblings can be good. I don't take offense to his knick hate as some do. Mostly we have yet to prove him wrong.
They were basing their prejudice on Bulls game and waiting for Cav's to kick it into gear and Knicks bench to melt down.

Hubie is GREAT!!! He really breaks it down and he has no agenda. Just pure Basketball is what you get from Hubie.
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
10/31/2014  3:41 PM
nixluva wrote:
Nalod wrote:Charles entertainment mindless ramblings can be good. I don't take offense to his knick hate as some do. Mostly we have yet to prove him wrong.

Hubie is GREAT!!! He really breaks it down and he has no agenda. Just pure Basketball is what you get from Hubie.

Hubie's comes from a time when people had respect, pride and honor

VCoug
Member: #1406

10/31/2014  5:29 PM

Agreed. I find Barkley amusing in small doses and he doesn't hate the Knicks because he says we suck every year, he's just stating the obvious. Hubie's great, I wish he did all our national games. I also really enjoy Doug Collins.

Now the joy of my world is in Zion How beautiful if nothing more Than to wait at Zion's door I've never been in love like this before Now let me pray to keep you from The perils that will surely come
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
10/31/2014  5:56 PM
smackeddog wrote:
foosballnick wrote:For me it wasn't even about Knicks hate. The broadcast was unlistenable period. There was very little analyst commentary or insights worth anything and nothing that matched the flow of the game. Marv's play by play was often drowned out by Barkley's stream of consciousness. Miller's observations might have been good, but it was difficult to even follow him because he was playing sidekick much of the night to Barkley's antics.

I agree- I don't mind that kind of goofing about commentary in the middle of a boring game or a blowout, but it was a big, close game, and it was as if they weren't even remotely interested. It was really annoying after a while. And then when Barkley said that the one team that didn't make the playoffs last season, but will this year, would be Charlotte- I think that summarised the level of effort and knowledge that went into calling this game.

I agree. Also, the Knicks were winning the entire second half and the game was announced like it was inevitable that the Cavs would win. Barkley is a big personality but he never seems prepared. He just shouldn't call games and that isn't even talking about his biases. Miller might be ok with Marv.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
markvmc
Member: #1797

10/31/2014  8:12 PM
nixluva wrote:

Hubie is the best in the business. He's a teacher at heart, and he wants you to understand the game. He's certainly explained a lot to me over the years that I wouldn't have realized was going on.

ToddTT
Alba Posts: 52
Member: #105
10/31/2014  9:14 PM
Nalod wrote:
jrodmc wrote:Bill Walton on NBA games is one of the main reasons I cancelled all TV reception over 10 years ago.

That was one sweet win.

Walton was the worst!!!!!!

I always kind of liked Walton. Learning that he struggled with and overcame a speech impediment earned him some extra respect in my book.

Uptown
Member: #1883

10/31/2014  9:34 PM
Nalod wrote:Marv is not good or bad. He is Marv. I heard marv first as a kid.

I Like Barkley. Mumbles and all. If you don't like the anti knick understand its well deserved and the only way to get rid of it is to win more than lose!!! Really simple.

It's not well deserved during a live game when the Knicks were winning and in a game that they were supposed to be the Washington Generals to the Cavs Globtrotters....Bash the Knicks during the TNT show, but live, during a game when the Knicks were playing extremely well. Analyze the actual game and leave your agenda on the shelf for the after game show or during a blow out....

DrAlphaeus
Alba Posts: 10
Member: #1781

11/1/2014  3:11 AM
I watched the game and Barkley and Reggie were annoying. "that's why this team will not make the playoffs." jeez, game 2? Is that analysis or a wish? I hope the coaching staff put their smack talk in the videos, show them what people say about them and challenge them to serve up some crow.
Baba Booey 2016 — "It's Silly Season"
Splat
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #5862

11/1/2014  8:58 AM
Holy Crap!

I just rewatched the game this morning and Barkley was driving me totally insane. Never liked him, but he was despicable. His bias is one thing, but it is just the sheer idiocy of this man and the godawful garbage that comes out of his mouth that blows my mind. How does he have a job? Who did he blackmail? Totally wack. And to think he once thought he would run for Governor of Georgia. What a clown.

I've got a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell!
TNT Announcing Team

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy