30 assists on 37 made field goals....
Author Thread
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

10/31/2014  12:45 AM
VDesai wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:The cavs have no bench, getting out scored 41-12 is no fluke

I was unimpressed with Blatt. He's got some talent on that bench- Tristan Thompson, Mike Miller, Shawn Marion. What the hell was Shawn Marion doing barely playing in this game? If you've got a player like Marion he has to get more than 10 mins of burn. He does a lot to help you win ballgames even though he's over the hill scoring wise.

That's the downfall of the nba....relying on the stars to bail you out. I'm glad we're not going down that route anymore.

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
AUTOADVERT
nixluva
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #758
USA
10/31/2014  12:58 AM
EnySpree wrote:
VDesai wrote:

I was unimpressed with Blatt. He's got some talent on that bench- Tristan Thompson, Mike Miller, Shawn Marion. What the hell was Shawn Marion doing barely playing in this game? If you've got a player like Marion he has to get more than 10 mins of burn. He does a lot to help you win ballgames even though he's over the hill scoring wise.

That's the downfall of the nba....relying on the stars to bail you out. I'm glad we're not going down that route anymore.

Fish and the Knicks had a say in who the CAVS played off the bench too. When we executed it forced their hand cuz the bench guys weren't stopping us. A lot of this season is gonna be about our bench executing. Tonight the did as coached and it made a difference.

Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
10/31/2014  8:44 AM
EnySpree wrote:
VDesai wrote:But seriously Cavs need a backup PG. Need a player who can let Kyrie go to off guard occasionally.

The problem is kyrie is an off guard. Kid has a ton of talent but is not a very good basketball player.

Let's not kid ourselves LeBron is their PG.

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
10/31/2014  9:08 AM
Splat wrote:Very interesting clip from the game.

It all starts with Cole immediately push passing it on the run into the paint over to Pablo. That is pretty unusual for most bigs and probably something I wouldn't expect from anyone else from our frontline except Wear.

Plus Acy had to shoot the ball immediately to make that work and he did.

Very good sequence.

Cole is thinking out there. It makes me want to see him more.

Cole and Wear and Acy. Those are our most dynamic frontline players.

Who would have predicted that?

Why any idiot who thinks 25 points on 17 shots, routinely dropping buckets over the best player on the planet and 6 assists isn't dynamic would predict that.

You are so effing pathetic it's not funny or your just a baiting douche (to borrow a phrase) troll.

Our most dynamic front line players?
Please try to think before posting.

gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
10/31/2014  10:02 AM
jrodmc wrote:

It all starts with Cole immediately push passing it on the run into the paint over to Pablo. That is pretty unusual for most bigs and probably something I wouldn't expect from anyone else from our frontline except Wear.

Very good sequence.

Why any idiot who thinks 25 points on 17 shots, routinely dropping buckets over the best player on the planet and 6 assists isn't dynamic would predict that.

You are so effing pathetic it's not funny or your just a baiting douche (to borrow a phrase) troll.

Pretty sure by frontline he meant PF/C not sf

fishmike
Member: #298
USA
10/31/2014  10:11 AM
EnySpree wrote:
VDesai wrote:

yea.. tonight we did it right. (Not to call JR a star, but he *is* our 2nd best player) Literally get the whole team involved and fighting, then let your star(s) hit the big shots down the stretch. Everyone got into it and played the right way.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
nixluva
USA
10/31/2014  10:39 AM
fishmike wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
VDesai wrote:

yea.. tonight we did it right. (Not to call JR a star, but he *is* our 2nd best player) Literally get the whole team involved and fighting, then let your star(s) hit the big shots down the stretch. Everyone got into it and played the right way.

Yeah but we don't have any talent Fishmike! Listen to the experts here and we shouldn't have a chance in any game this year. Those experts said trash the triangle, Larkin is garbage, Melo will never pass the ball, Acy is a bum, Jason is a bum, Shump is trash yadda yadda yadda!

It was a sweet TEAM win. This was exactly what the New Culture they're developing is all about. The way they were able to execute down the stretch was beautiful!!! That's what we've been dying to see from this team. They still have a long way to go but it was great to see.

What kills me is all the former players saying it's not the Triangle or that we don't have the talent to make it work. They say we need 2-3 stars etc. What they miss is that it's an old system that kids play with no stars. It's designed to help ALL your players perform better as well as your most talented players. But your players have to trust it. Last night this team stuck together and trusted each other and the system.

fishmike
Member: #298
USA
10/31/2014  10:49 AM
nixluva wrote:
fishmike wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
VDesai wrote:

Yeah but we don't have any talent Fishmike! Listen to the experts here and we shouldn't have a chance in any game this year. Those experts said trash the triangle, Larkin is garbage, Melo will never pass the ball, Acy is a bum, Jason is a bum, Shump is trash yadda yadda yadda!

It was a sweet TEAM win. This was exactly what the New Culture they're developing is all about. The way they were able to execute down the stretch was beautiful!!! That's what we've been dying to see from this team. They still have a long way to go but it was great to see.

What kills me is all the former players saying it's not the Triangle or that we don't have the talent to make it work. They say we need 2-3 stars etc. What they miss is that it's an old system that kids play with no stars. It's designed to help ALL your players perform better as well as your most talented players. But your players have to trust it. Last night this team stuck together and trusted each other and the system.

Its not a talented group. For this to work you need effective role play. We got that last night. We got nothing against Chi. We also hit shots (53%). Systems dont win games. You need your high end talent to impact the game. Last night JR was fantastic, Melo was great also and the other guys hit shots. Lebron had no impact, so the Cavs lost. If Lebron drops 25pts 8 assists and 12 boards we probably get run out of the building. Some of his bad game was a credit to us, some of it was a bad game.

Perspective.

1-1 opening with all these changes and players vs. the Bulls and Cavs is a good start.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
nixluva
USA
10/31/2014  11:02 AM
IMO it was imperative to maximize the talent we do have. The entire point of this system was to help our role players perform at their best. If this team is going to be successful everyone has to pitch in. In game one the bench didn't execute but they did show up last night and played the way they are supposed to in this system. That's how you get to 30 assists. That won't happen every night but it's a sign of how much trust they put in the system and each other.
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
10/31/2014  1:16 PM
gunsnewing wrote:
jrodmc wrote:

Very good sequence.

Pretty sure by frontline he meant PF/C not sf

Right, sf are midcourt, I forgot. You taking Bonn's job as Somber DA?

#6 Travis Wear SF 6-10 230

30 assists on 37 made field goals....

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy