[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Gamethread: 2014 Knicks Season starts tonight!!!
Author Thread
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
10/30/2014  12:23 PM
We have 81 more of these. Some are gonna look like this. That's okay. It'll be okay. Here, hug this blanket.
AUTOADVERT
F500ONE
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5844

10/30/2014  1:15 PM
H1AND1 wrote:
Splat wrote:
H1AND1 wrote:
Splat wrote:ANSWER: Luck helps a lot. Knicks need multiple instances of luck. Draft position. Picking a great rookie. Signing some overlooked overseas phenom.

But usually, a string of luck happens for those who prepare for luck.

A little bit of luck + $124M Melo probably = better.

Contender? Not likely, unless you believe it is possible to upgrade 4 starter positions to be truly competitive with other top starting units, plus stock the bench with a better group of players.

Most of our roster is truly expendable. Cunning, planning, luck, whatever, all of it has to go pretty amazingly well to replenished the personnel on this team like it needs in the next two years.

Contending in a year or two? No way. However if we get a high pick plus spend wisely on FA's and dump this entire roster next season the team _WILL_ be in a better position. Then they can continue to build on that. Especially if the cap jumps as high as some prognosticators say it will.

Don't think it will happen in a year or two either.

That's why spending dope money on Melo really doesn't add up. The so-called rebuild would more or less come to its theoretical fruition in his final season at best, probably when he is less effective and showing his age.

Melo really was not the right move, but the only answer is to continually upgrade the IQ of this club and compensate for his dull brain.

I completely agree with you. And I also thought the absolute best move was letting Melo walk and/or played hardball with salary and/or signed and traded him.

In "a year or two" with some decent maneuvering the Knicks are probably a middle of the pack playoff team with a chance to continue building around an aging Melo due to the clean cap and increase in cap space forthcoming. With uber luck aka winning the lotto and getting a franchise player plus knocking it out of the park in Free agency with undervalued guys who blow up they can be contenders in that time frame but its not likely. Uber lucky means not likely, generally.

Just think we may have been able to pull off

Gibson-McDermott-pick(s) 1st and 2nd for Melo

We would have been under the Tax

We would have generated a sizable TPE

We would have a 1st in 2016

We would have flex to make a trade for a legit backup PG if necessary

We'd have crazy cap space come 2015 and 2016 pending signings

smackeddog
Member: #883
10/30/2014  2:03 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/30/2014  2:03 PM
F500ONE wrote:
H1AND1 wrote:
Splat wrote:
H1AND1 wrote:
Splat wrote:ANSWER: Luck helps a lot. Knicks need multiple instances of luck. Draft position. Picking a great rookie. Signing some overlooked overseas phenom.

Contender? Not likely, unless you believe it is possible to upgrade 4 starter positions to be truly competitive with other top starting units, plus stock the bench with a better group of players.

Most of our roster is truly expendable. Cunning, planning, luck, whatever, all of it has to go pretty amazingly well to replenished the personnel on this team like it needs in the next two years.

Contending in a year or two? No way. However if we get a high pick plus spend wisely on FA's and dump this entire roster next season the team _WILL_ be in a better position. Then they can continue to build on that. Especially if the cap jumps as high as some prognosticators say it will.

That's why spending dope money on Melo really doesn't add up. The so-called rebuild would more or less come to its theoretical fruition in his final season at best, probably when he is less effective and showing his age.

Melo really was not the right move, but the only answer is to continually upgrade the IQ of this club and compensate for his dull brain.

I completely agree with you. And I also thought the absolute best move was letting Melo walk and/or played hardball with salary and/or signed and traded him.

In "a year or two" with some decent maneuvering the Knicks are probably a middle of the pack playoff team with a chance to continue building around an aging Melo due to the clean cap and increase in cap space forthcoming. With uber luck aka winning the lotto and getting a franchise player plus knocking it out of the park in Free agency with undervalued guys who blow up they can be contenders in that time frame but its not likely. Uber lucky means not likely, generally.

Bulls weren't interested in trading Taj- they had him at the recruitment meeting. Likely the options were just their rookies, Snell a pick or two and some salary. I would still have considered that, but the problem with the complete rebuild is no pick next season.

smackeddog
Member: #883
10/30/2014  2:05 PM
I actually liked what I saw in the 1st Q, then had to stop watching due to work stuff- imagine my horror when I found out the end score! I always hope for the best before games, but realistically we are unsure and poor at executing our system, so when you have that go up against and elite defense, the end result will always be a disaster. Still, I liked how we played defense in that first Q- can we all just pretend that the rest of the game didn't happen?
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
10/30/2014  2:14 PM
smackeddog wrote:I actually liked what I saw in the 1st Q, then had to stop watching due to work stuff- imagine my horror when I found out the end score! I always hope for the best before games, but realistically we are unsure and poor at executing our system, so when you have that go up against and elite defense, the end result will always be a disaster. Still, I liked how we played defense in that first Q- can we all just pretend that the rest of the game didn't happen?

Simple fix. Put Amare back on the bench. We need his consistent offensive punch off the bench. JR & THJ are too eractic.

The ball moves with SHUMPERT, Sam & Calderon/Larkin

F500ONE
Member: #5844

10/30/2014  2:15 PM
smackeddog wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
H1AND1 wrote:
Splat wrote:
H1AND1 wrote:

Bulls weren't interested in trading Taj- they had him at the recruitment meeting. Likely the options were just their rookies, Snell a pick or two and some salary. I would still have considered that, but the problem with the complete rebuild is no pick next season.

Of course they didn't have interest

Because they wanted Melo to choose without a S&T and make a sacrifice

But had Melo demanded his money from Chicago in a S&T

Bulls would have to be open to some of things we would want

Maybe not everything but core pieces for sure

As far as pics goes that's why I mentioned snagging a 2016 pick from them

Therefore we'd have our 2015, 2016[Bulls], our 2017 1st round picks

Gamethread: 2014 Knicks Season starts tonight!!!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy