[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

14/15 Around the NBA Thread
Author Thread
TPercy
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #5748

2/23/2015  8:00 AM
J Lin has been on a tear recently, playing much more aggressive basketball while shooting better,
The Future is Bright!
AUTOADVERT
Swishfm3
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #392
2/23/2015  9:57 AM
TPercy wrote:J Lin has been on a tear recently, playing much more aggressive basketball while shooting better,

This is a lie

TPercy

2/23/2015  4:13 PM
Swishfm3 wrote:
TPercy wrote:J Lin has been on a tear recently, playing much more aggressive basketball while shooting better,

This is a lie

Did you watch him vs the Celtics last night? He got most of his points in the paint by absorbing as much contact as possible then shooting at the basket.
The Future is Bright!
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
2/23/2015  4:22 PM
TPercy wrote:
Swishfm3 wrote:

This is a lie

Did you watch him vs the Celtics last night? He got most of his points in the paint by absorbing as much contact as possible then shooting at the basket.

I saw the highlights...shades of Linsanity. It's funny..the talking heads in LA LA Land all question Scott about his decision to take the ball away from Lin. Scott wanted the Celtic game bad so he played Lin. Lin was the reason they won that game but when interviewed after the game Scott only mentioned Ronnie Price for winning the game.

I hope Uncle Phil brings back JLin this summer.

Swishfm3
2/23/2015  6:29 PM
TPercy wrote:
Swishfm3 wrote:

This is a lie

He hasn't been "on a tear"...He had ONE good game. I shouldn't be surprised by Linsanity fanboys making statements like this.

You boys get wet every time he does something positive.

TPercy

2/23/2015  6:43 PM
@ Swish
Can your blind ass read? I said RECENTLY, as in after all star break, He had a great game playing at SG shooting at 66% and dropped 18 pts against the NETs, and he then had another great game last night shooting at 10-15, playing more agressively getting into the paint, 25 pts, 6 ast and only 1 turnover!(very good for him). Am I insinuating anything? I'm no fanboy I'm happy to see him playing well and I addressed it.
The Future is Bright!
RonRon
Member: #246
2/23/2015  8:34 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/23/2015  8:36 PM
TPercy wrote:@ Swish
Can your blind ass read? I said RECENTLY, as in after all star break, He had a great game playing at SG shooting at 66% and dropped 18 pts against the NETs, and he then had another great game last night shooting at 10-15, playing more agressively getting into the paint, 25 pts, 6 ast and only 1 turnover!(very good for him). Am I insinuating anything? I'm no fanboy I'm happy to see him playing well and I addressed it.

agree for the most part....

I think Lin's injury/surgery, meniscus tear, is catching up with him
Physically, he seems to be a bit slower, not as quick, not as explosive/jumping ability, and this has hindered his abilities on both DEFENSE and OFFENSE
Even for Iman Shumpert, JR Smith, MWP, and some other players that has had surgery, just isn't the same physically
Though both looked very good with the alley hoop yesterday, a bit of a flashback when they were Knick's with a similar play

Lin has even more trouble getting around screens and opponents tend to pick on his inability to defend at a high level
Most importantly, he is lacking the confidence, fan support/energy, and play calling/team mates willing to allow him to use his ability to penetrate/facilitate with the proper ball movement/player movement/picks both on and off the screen, and shooters to spread the floor
Maybe he has to hit the weight room again, the lock out in 2010, he did a lot of basketball drills/gym work that elevated his speed/jumping ability/explosiveness/balance/flexiblity/ and his body/ball control while taking contact
But with Byron Scott, he seems to be "screwing with Lin's head" playing him some nights and NOT playing him at all on others, and giving him a very short leash while allowing Nick Young to take as many poor shots he wants
It is what it is, it is part of the reason why Lin's was such a great underdog story, as many Asians simply lack the physical abilities to play basketball in the pro level, even more so at the Guard positoin that requires more speed, quickness, athleticism, length/reach, that most Asian lack
Obviously Yao Ming was an exception but then again he is like 7-6 with a 1 inch vertical jump

I do think that there is a bit of extra motivation for players/teams to wanting to play well against him because many players in the league didn't feel he deserved such a contract
Then again, I do think there is a bit of "dicrimination" against Asians in the NBA, even when Yao Ming played
I can tell you from the experience I have seen, growing up in NYC, with street ball/pick up games/tournaments, in general, African Americans DO NOT feel Asians, in general, should be able to do better than the average black person *even the ones that can not play at all*

However, in the right price, with the right pieces, I think he can still be a very good rotational player, a team like Dallas would be ideal for Lin and requniting the chemistry he had with Tyson Chandler and Parsons, in addition to the shooters/scores in Dirk/Monta Ellis
A contract similar to what DJ Augistine/Bayless got last season would probably be the market value for his playmkaing abilities, possibly as a 6th man that can start at times
In Houston, he was a poor fit with Harden, as Beverely was by far the better fit with his ability to play DEFENSE, while Lin played OFF the ball more with Harden's SUPERSTAR status to penetrate/finish/and facilitate
He was acquired with Asik as a poison pill that made it hard for New York to match *though they spent that money on players that were much more than Lin's salary in AB, Kidd, Novak *who struggled for the most part without Dantoni's system and Lin's ability to penetrate/finish/facilitate

However, the games that Harden was out, majority of the times, Lin played VERY well with glimpes of his days in NYK
It is very possible that a team will value what he brings to the basketball and on top of that, the business side, he brings the possiblity for endorsements for the Asian market and oversea's for Direct TV in China and countries with Asian populations

He is a player that we should probably look in to this summer for about 3m *I think he is a fair value play with DJ Augistine/Bayless*

Swishfm3
2/23/2015  11:18 PM

My bad,I didn't mean to accuse you of being a fanboy. Don't get your J.Lin panties all in a bunch.

Great game against the Celtics, no doubt.

killer stat line against the Nets...He's gonna be a monster this second half!

TPercy

2/24/2015  5:07 PM
Swishfm3 wrote:

My bad,I didn't mean to accuse you of being a fanboy. Don't get your J.Lin panties all in a bunch.

As I said, I'm not insinuating that he will be a beast this second half, I want him to just like any other former Knick, but im not sure he will....as I said, I saw noticed he was playing well as of late and I adressed it, which is what a lot of people have been doing on this thread.

The Future is Bright!
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
2/25/2015  6:34 AM
TPercy wrote:
Swishfm3 wrote:

As I said, I'm not insinuating that he will be a beast this second half, I want him to just like any other former Knick, but im not sure he will....as I said, I saw noticed he was playing well as of late and I adressed it, which is what a lot of people have been doing on this thread.

I think there is something to the talk that Scott has issues with him and has been reluctant to play him. His free agency will be interesting. I don't think he stays in LA. Would it be smart for him to sign a one year deal to try and get his numbers back up?
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Swishfm3
2/25/2015  10:47 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
TPercy wrote:
Swishfm3 wrote:

I think there is something to the talk that Scott has issues with him and has been reluctant to play him. His free agency will be interesting. I don't think he stays in LA. Would it be smart for him to sign a one year deal to try and get his numbers back up?

Are we blaming the coach again?

When do people start to admit that maybe he just isn't that good?

yellowboy90
Member: #3538

2/25/2015  10:36 PM
Piggy smalls still balling
TPercy

2/25/2015  10:47 PM
KG return inspired t wolves win, was coaching up Andrew Wiggins at times, nice to see that;meanwhile, the Knicks out here shooting 9 percent from 3.
The Future is Bright!
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
2/26/2015  12:46 AM
TPercy wrote:KG return inspired t wolves win, was coaching up Andrew Wiggins at times, nice to see that;meanwhile, the Knicks out here shooting 9 percent from 3.

Yeah we have distanced ourselves from the Wolves and Lakers. What in Gods name is Philly doing? Theyve made 4 lottery picks and subsequently have trued to trade every one? At some point the NBA has to step in and say purchase players who are not from the D league.

RIP Crushalot😞
smackeddog
Member: #883
2/26/2015  3:54 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
TPercy wrote:KG return inspired t wolves win, was coaching up Andrew Wiggins at times, nice to see that;meanwhile, the Knicks out here shooting 9 percent from 3.

Yeah we have distanced ourselves from the Wolves and Lakers. What in Gods name is Philly doing? Theyve made 4 lottery picks and subsequently have trued to trade every one? At some point the NBA has to step in and say purchase players who are not from the D league.

It will suck if they win the draft lottery.

TPercy

2/26/2015  8:38 AM
smackeddog wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

It will suck if they win the draft lottery.

Yeah I will be very mad

The Future is Bright!
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

2/26/2015  11:35 AM
Cavs/GS tonite at 8pm, looking forward to this one. LeBron was hurt for the last two meetings.
smackeddog
Member: #883
2/26/2015  1:48 PM
Celtics’ Jared Sullinger vows to become more committed

When you think of professional sports, you rarely think of guys battling weight issues, but every now and then there are some cases to reference.

Boston Celtics third-year forward Jared Sullinger is currently out for the remainder of the season after suffering a fracture in his left foot. The forward’s rookie campaign was also cut short due to injury (back) in 2013. When it’s all said and done after this season, Sullinger will have missed 31 percent of his games since entering the league.

Sullinger believes his injury problems could be due to his conditioning and body type and vows to change his physique during his time on the mend.

“I’m always the type of person that a light switch has to happen,” Sullinger said, according to Jay King of Mass Live. “I developed my grades through a mistake I made with my father. By not doing my work, he sat me out. Next thing you know I was on honor roll. So I’ve always been that type of person. And sometimes I’m a little late with things, but as long as it happens, it happens.

“I got in better shape (this past offseason). It’s just there’s another level to it. There’s always another level for everybody. I just gotta take it to another level now. This year I came back in a little better shape, but obviously it wasn’t good enough. Now I just have to get back to the grit, the grind, the usual, kind of break my body down just to build it back up. And I think that’s what I’m going to do this summer.”

Sullinger was in the midst of a career year for the rebuilding Celtics. The forward was averaging 14.4 points, 8.1 rebounds and 2.4 assists on 45 percent shooting in 51 games this season.

Now he’s recovering from his second season-ending injury since entering the league.

“Getting in better shape is going to be the biggest thing just because stuff like this can reoccur,” Sullinger said. “And you don’t want it to reoccur. Just got to get in better shape.

“(Injuries happen) to everybody, honestly. I was playing a lot of minutes. I was doing a lot of things. It happens. My body couldn’t handle all that, and so now I just have to change some of the ways I go about things.”

The Celtics (22-33), winners of six of their last 10 contests, remain just 2.5 games behind the Brooklyn Nets for the eighth and final playoff spot in the Eastern Conference

http://www.basketballinsiders.com/nba-am-rajon-rondo-the-one-year-rental/

It'll be interesting to see if he can change his ways- he sometimes looks like he can be a really special player (and looked good considering he's been overweight and out of shape all season).

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
2/26/2015  8:20 PM
The Heat signed Beasley to a ten day contract.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
2/26/2015  9:52 PM
Lebron James one one level--all others players below. Hes got a cast of athletic defenders at every position and help scoring. They will plow through the east and the teams in the west will knock each other so hard that Cleveland will have easy pickings.

Hey Mosgov Shumpert JR Smith--does that mean Knick fans get .175 ring?

RIP Crushalot😞
14/15 Around the NBA Thread

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy