Author Thread
holfresh
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1081

2/19/2015  10:43 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/19/2015  10:44 PM
mreinman wrote:
holfresh wrote:
mreinman wrote:@Holfresh

that is blatantly ridiculous. Harden shoots and an uber elite TS of 61 while Melo is at an ok 54.6. Its not close.

Who cares if he flops ... Lebron flopped and won and Jordan flopped too ... who cares, whatever works. Ginobli?

He also may be good and drawing contact. Possible?

Melo does not shoot the better 3 ball.

Who cares about TS%...Not one player that is in the top 10 TS% is considered a top 10 player in this league..LeBron James, the best player on this planet, is not in the top 40 in TS%..How can u take this seriously???

Anyone with any brains and/or objectivity. Using arguments that it should not count because he is a flopper is beyond silly.

Durant, Curry, Harden .... top 10

TS is one stat and does not make you a top 10. Every top player in the league does not average 10 rebounds or 10 assists.

TS is a measure for efficient scoring as is to be used as a variable within a group of other valuable measurements.

Durant is 11th, Curry is 17th and Harden is 22nd and LeBron is 44th in TS%..My point about Harden is that he won't get those flopping calls in the playoffs which he has been getting...I can't understand why it's not better to look at the individual stats to better assess where the production like the free throw line..He wont get those calls in the playoffs against better defenders..And he hasn't been getting those calls..But what do I know, having half a brain..

AUTOADVERT
mreinman
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3189

2/19/2015  10:54 PM
holfresh wrote:
mreinman wrote:
holfresh wrote:

that is blatantly ridiculous. Harden shoots and an uber elite TS of 61 while Melo is at an ok 54.6. Its not close.

Who cares if he flops ... Lebron flopped and won and Jordan flopped too ... who cares, whatever works. Ginobli?

Who cares about TS%...Not one player that is in the top 10 TS% is considered a top 10 player in this league..LeBron James, the best player on this planet, is not in the top 40 in TS%..How can u take this seriously???

Anyone with any brains and/or objectivity. Using arguments that it should not count because he is a flopper is beyond silly.

TS is one stat and does not make you a top 10. Every top player in the league does not average 10 rebounds or 10 assists.

TS is a measure for efficient scoring as is to be used as a variable within a group of other valuable measurements.

Durant is 11th, Curry is 17th and Harden is 22nd and LeBron is 44th in TS%..My point about Harden is that he won't get those flopping calls in the playoffs which he has been getting...I can't understand why it's not better to look at the individual stats to better assess where the production like the free throw line..He wont get those calls in the playoffs against better defenders..And he hasn't been getting those calls..But what do I know, having half a brain..

Durant is 4, Curry is 7th and Harden is 10th. Lebron was 2nd in the league last year, Durant was 3rd, Harden was 5th, and Curry was 6th. No sh1t that Lebron is not the same player this year.

And, Lebron's TS is an excellent 58.1 this year. You are comparing him with low usage players which makes very little sense. And, you have to look at the other variables as well. Try WS48 which is a good combined metric ... or ... continue with that wonderful eye test and ignore all the good data that all teams are now using.

If Harden does not get calls in the playoffs and he has bad numbers then judge that accordingly. Playoff TS counts as well and should not be ignored.

so here is what phil is thinking ....
holfresh
Member: #1081

2/19/2015  11:27 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/19/2015  11:28 PM
mreinman wrote:
holfresh wrote:
mreinman wrote:
holfresh wrote:

Durant is 4, Curry is 7th and Harden is 10th. Lebron was 2nd in the league last year, Durant was 3rd, Harden was 5th, and Curry was 6th. No sh1t that Lebron is not the same player this year.

And, Lebron's TS is an excellent 58.1 this year. You are comparing him with low usage players which makes very little sense. And, you have to look at the other variables as well. Try WS48 which is a good combined metric ... or ... continue with that wonderful eye test and ignore all the good data that all teams are now using.

If Harden does not get calls in the playoffs and he has bad numbers then judge that accordingly. Playoff TS counts as well and should not be ignored.

I'm looking at Hollinger's numbers..But really, i don't care whose numbers it is..

mreinman

2/19/2015  11:49 PM
holfresh wrote:
mreinman wrote:
holfresh wrote:
mreinman wrote:
holfresh wrote:

I'm looking at Hollinger's numbers..But really, i don't care whose numbers it is..

holligers number will qualify a player with 6+ minutes per game ... you sound like to you dont really care about this any way that it will give you a headache if you delve any deeper so I advise that you stick the the tried and true cave methods.

yellowboy90
Member: #3538

2/20/2015  1:04 AM
Thomas Robinson will be bought out. I'm not a big fan but the Knicks should ho after him if he's willing to come.
smackeddog
Member: #883
2/20/2015  4:44 AM
yellowboy90 wrote:Thomas Robinson will be bought out. I'm not a big fan but the Knicks should ho after him if he's willing to come.

We really need to find a back up, gritty PF/C for next season, so hopefully we use our last roster spot finding one

Swishfm3
Member: #392
2/20/2015  11:23 AM
mreinman wrote:
holfresh wrote:
mreinman wrote:
holfresh wrote:
mreinman wrote:
holfresh wrote:

holligers number will qualify a player with 6+ minutes per game ... you sound like to you dont really care about this any way that it will give you a headache if you delve any deeper so I advise that you stick the the tried and true cave methods.

dude...why do you get so angry and defensive. you need to chill out.

mreinman

2/20/2015  11:32 AM
Swishfm3 wrote:
mreinman wrote:
holfresh wrote:
mreinman wrote:
holfresh wrote:
mreinman wrote:
holfresh wrote:

dude...why do you get so angry and defensive. you need to chill out.

not angry ... I just try to mirror the tone of the poster that I am posting with.

basketball does not make me upset. Silly arguments can irk me sometimes ... especially when they are lazily delivered.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
2/20/2015  11:45 AM
yellowboy90 wrote:Thomas Robinson will be bought out. I'm not a big fan but the Knicks should ho after him if he's willing to come.

I agree. He is a guy that should look at teams that could give him minutes. Hopefully he ends up in ny. Have to wonder if the Knicks make a move to create another open roster spot.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
smackeddog
2/20/2015  12:23 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/20/2015  12:27 PM
Yikes- Bosh has a blood clot on his long, likely he's done for the season (usually people get put on blood thinners that make you feel awful and make it too dangerous to play basketball). Scary that this can happen to athletes and young people. My dad had it, but he was 60 something.

Chris Bosh has a blood clot in one lung.

Bosh was hospitalized on Thursday to undergo tests on his lungs.

There is no timetable for when he will return.

"Everybody's jumping the gun," said Erik Spoelstra on Friday. "Frankly, there's not a full diagnosis."

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/236740/Chris-Bosh-Has-Blood-Clot-In-One-Lung

CrushAlot
USA
2/20/2015  12:26 PM
smackeddog wrote:Yikes- Bosh has a blood clot on his long, likely he's done for the season (usually people get put on blood thinners that make you feel awful and make it too dangerous to play basketball). Scary that this can happen to athletes and young people. My dad had it, but he was 60 something.

"Everybody's jumping the gun," said Erik Spoelstra on Friday. "Frankly, there's not a full diagnosis."

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/236740/Chris-Bosh-Has-Blood-Clot-In-One-Lung

Also he went on a 3 hour flight prior to this being diagnosed. Very lucky they found this.
smackeddog
2/20/2015  12:30 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
smackeddog wrote:Yikes- Bosh has a blood clot on his long, likely he's done for the season (usually people get put on blood thinners that make you feel awful and make it too dangerous to play basketball). Scary that this can happen to athletes and young people. My dad had it, but he was 60 something.

Also he went on a 3 hour flight prior to this being diagnosed. Very lucky they found this.

How do guys like Bosh and Varejao get blood clots in their lungs? My dad had a blood condition that made his blood sticky and more prone to clot. Could we all get blood clots at any time? Yikes!

CrushAlot
USA
2/20/2015  1:15 PM
smackeddog wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

How do guys like Bosh and Varejao get blood clots in their lungs? My dad had a blood condition that made his blood sticky and more prone to clot. Could we all get blood clots at any time? Yikes!

My father-in-law was on Coumadin for five years after having a blood clot. He bruised really easily and just little things like a nose bleed were huge issues because he just pet on bleeding. No way an nba player could play while taking that medicine.
CrushAlot
USA
2/20/2015  11:33 PM
Henry 'bill' walker and Earl barron were called up from the d l. David Stocton is supposed to be called up tomorrow.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/21/2015  8:03 AM
Cavs figuring it out as the season goes on. Looking like Miami when Lebron got there.

Few trades to round out the roster and chemistry.

smackeddog
2/21/2015  12:21 PM
Nalod wrote:Cavs figuring it out as the season goes on. Looking like Miami when Lebron got there.

Few trades to round out the roster and chemistry.

I'm hoping for a Cavs vs Mavs final, just to see our old players go at it!

CrushAlot
USA
2/21/2015  12:37 PM
Quincy Miller signs with the Pistons. Bernard James gets a second 10 day with Mavs.
CrushAlot
USA
2/21/2015  9:06 PM
Jared Zwerling ‏@JaredZwerling · 4h4 hours ago
Now Ryan Anderson of the Pelicans is hurt, was grabbing his knee. Getting up, can't put any weight on his leg.

AD also hurt his shoulder and isn't returning.
CrushAlot
USA
2/21/2015  10:55 PM
"@KCJHoop: Taj Gibson said he's playing with a stage 2 ligament tear in his left hand and has been for four weeks."
CrushAlot
USA
2/21/2015  11:34 PM
The Heat may bring Beasley in to take Bosh's place.
http://www.hoopsrumors.com/2015/02/southeast-beasley-dragic.html
14/15 Around the NBA Thread

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy