[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

14/15 Around the NBA Thread
Author Thread
NardDogNation
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #5555

12/18/2014  2:02 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/18/2014  2:03 AM
mreinman wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:We need to look into making a contract offer to Darrell Arthur in the offseason. The guy looks like Taj Gibson-lite against the Rockets. If he can sustain his play, he'd be an excellent pickup.

Arthur is awful ... JEEEEEEEEZ .... you can't be serious with these insane ideas

He's a 6"9' PF that is mobile enough to cover James Harden and also hit +20ft jumpers. Because of that, he'd be a good fit next to Melo......... But I suppose you have some advanced stats that say otherwise; the same stats that had you feeling like Calderon was going to make a difference for us this season, which he hasn't. So, I'm going to go ahead and take your criticism with a grain of salt.

AUTOADVERT
mreinman
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3189

12/18/2014  2:15 AM
NardDogNation wrote:
mreinman wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:We need to look into making a contract offer to Darrell Arthur in the offseason. The guy looks like Taj Gibson-lite against the Rockets. If he can sustain his play, he'd be an excellent pickup.

Arthur is awful ... JEEEEEEEEZ .... you can't be serious with these insane ideas

He's a 6"9' PF that is mobile enough to cover James Harden and also hit +20ft jumpers. Because of that, he'd be a good fit next to Melo......... But I suppose you have some advanced stats that say otherwise; the same stats that had you feeling like Calderon was going to make a difference for us this season, which he hasn't. So, I'm going to go ahead and take your criticism with a grain of salt.

did you check his stats? obviously not. do yourself a favor and just peek at stats before posting some of these ridiculous ideas.

Do you need me to send you the link?

As I have said, you need to watch the players as well as check their stats to make sure that your eyes are not fooling you.

Nard, your eyes are fooling you quite badly.

Not sure where you are going with your Calderon argument at all.

so here is what phil is thinking ....
NardDogNation
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #5555

12/18/2014  2:31 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/18/2014  2:32 AM
mreinman wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
mreinman wrote:

did you check his stats? obviously not. do yourself a favor and just peek at stats before posting some of these ridiculous ideas.

As I have said, you need to watch the players as well as check their stats to make sure that your eyes are not fooling you.

You talk in such abstract terms for a guy so full of himself. What are you basing your opinions on? Show me exactly why he's a bad idea.

mreinman
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3189

12/18/2014  2:33 AM
NardDogNation wrote:
mreinman wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
mreinman wrote:

You talk in such abstract terms for a guy so full of himself. What are you basing your opinions on? Show me exactly why he's a bad idea.

I am not full of myself, I actually have a very low self esteem.

Its a bad idea cause he sucks.

so here is what phil is thinking ....
smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
12/18/2014  3:31 AM
Man, look at the bottom of the standings- there are a lot of awful teams this year. We need to be vigilant against going on any win streaks- even winning 5 games in a row catapults us into middle of the pack losers, and scuppers our lottery chances.
yellowboy90
Member: #3538

12/18/2014  4:38 AM
NardDogNation wrote:
mreinman wrote:

I don't think he is a good option. There are other smarter options out there. He would be a risk if you pay more than vet min. Why, because he has been inconsistent scorer and rebounder. This year his numbers look okay except that he is a terrible 3pt shooter and takes 3 a game. He just has not shown the ability to put his game together at the same time. Either he shoots it well in one area and the other he sucks or he just sucks completely. You never know what he may do to finish the season. If he can keep his 2pt shooting up and get his 3ball going then maybe he makes himself some money. I still would rather him make it somewhere else. I thought the same thing about Marreese Speights but this year he is playing like a champ. Scoring and rebounding(he has always put up good reb numbers per36 though).

If I'm looking for undersized back up bigs I would go Ed Davis, Brandon Bass, and Trevor Booker(team option). Other PFs, are Amir Johnson(starter), Brandan Wright, Tristan Thompson, and Thad Young(only if he never shoots a 3 and gets paid MLE money)

smackeddog
12/18/2014  12:18 PM
I'm calling it now: Grizzlies win the championship this year. A nice, old school team- you watch them and you feel like we're light years away. They show you don't need the flashiest, youngest most athletic players to succeed- tough, smart vets who compete and know how to finish games.
H1AND1
Member: #5648

12/18/2014  6:11 PM
smackeddog wrote:I'm calling it now: Grizzlies win the championship this year. A nice, old school team- you watch them and you feel like we're light years away. They show you don't need the flashiest, youngest most athletic players to succeed- tough, smart vets who compete and know how to finish games.

Who knows how likely it is to shake out this way at this point but I'd love to see a Grizzlies-GSW Western Conf Finals.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
12/18/2014  7:34 PM

Toronto is young and athletic. Lowrey fits good because they have young guys flying around that court!!!!

Can we really assume he'd assimilate as well here or to the indiginous roster?????

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
12/18/2014  9:34 PM
Celtics waived Faverani. He is out for the season but he might be worth signing at the end of the season like Phil did with Lamar.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

12/18/2014  11:40 PM
This Golden State and OKC game is a wild west shoot out....Great game!!!
yellowboy90

12/19/2014  1:03 AM
Got to say Green has continued to shoot well. Very good call by F5. before this year he was in the Shump land when it came to shooting but he has blossomed this year. Go get that money this summer Mr. Green.
smackeddog
12/19/2014  5:08 AM
With the celtics jettisoning Rondo, it looks like another tank competitor has entered the ring... It's going to be tough trying to land that top pick
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
12/19/2014  6:59 AM
Uptown wrote:This Golden State and OKC game is a wild west shoot out....Great game!!!

That first period was wild! Durant was on fire. Klay Thompson step back three in the corner looked "easy"!

NumberTwoPencil
Member: #481
USA
12/19/2014  2:54 PM
Green had 9, 9 assists last night. And . . . he's clearly gonna get better. Some nice drafting by GS there.
smackeddog
12/19/2014  3:22 PM
NumberTwoPencil wrote:Green had 9, 9 assists last night. And . . . he's clearly gonna get better. Some nice drafting by GS there.

They're going to be desperate to unload David Lee's contract, and possibly Iggys in the offseason, so they can pay him the big bucks- hopefully if we luck out in free agency, we can capitalize on that and maybe get a pick or something.

F500ONE
Member: #5844

12/19/2014  5:05 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:Got to say Green has continued to shoot well. Very good call by F5. before this year he was in the Shump land when it came to shooting but he has blossomed this year. Go get that money this summer Mr. Green.

Thanks Yellowboy//// and if tested in terms of overpay

Jeremy Lin style then I think that's who we should go for

F500ONE
Member: #5844

12/19/2014  5:10 PM

The trade is Corey Brewer and Turiaf

for

Troy Daniels and two 2nd rounders

yellowboy90

12/19/2014  5:59 PM
F500ONE wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:Got to say Green has continued to shoot well. Very good call by F5. before this year he was in the Shump land when it came to shooting but he has blossomed this year. Go get that money this summer Mr. Green.

Thanks Yellowboy//// and if tested in terms of overpay

Jeremy Lin style then I think that's who we should go for

I do not believe that is allowed. I think that is only for two year players or something like that.

yellowboy90

12/19/2014  6:06 PM
F500ONE wrote:

The trade is Corey Brewer and Turiaf

for

Troy Daniels and two 2nd rounders

Well we now see Shumps value although shump is a lot younger. I know that Brewer is the better finisher and arguably better defender but I think Shump defensive reputation is still good.

Glad to see Brewer go to a contender now all of the 04s from UF should be playoff bound.

14/15 Around the NBA Thread

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy